Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by DLMF »

/confirm
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:14 am

Post by DLMF »

Random vote: occult
, for having a badass name.

or would that be too obvious?

convince me otherwise.
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:21 am

Post by DLMF »

Occult wrote:John seems to be
sitting back and watching townies lynch each other
I don't think that reason enough to be suspicious of John.
IGMEOH though.
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by DLMF »

Aye, it's pretty difficult to get any word in when Guardian, Raffles and Peter V are dominating the discussion.

Gut feeling says I should stick with my original vote though.
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:13 am

Post by DLMF »

gorckat wrote:what has Occult done to earn such a gut feeling?
Gut feelings are feelings or ideas formed
without any logical rational
; gut feelings are often associated with ideas of religion or philosophy where there is
no visible proof

AKA, Random Vote.

Why stick with a random vote?

I don't have the statistics but in more than a few occasions, my first vote has been someone with substantial powers, either scum or townie. considering out of 12, 1/4 is mafia and 1/6 is cop and doc, the likelihood of snagging a scum is greater. This has only been done in what would be considered newbie games where speed and fun is of the greater value. Reliability in this game though is probably far less.

Anyway, while my vote may be random, the fact that its my first is the reason why I'm sticking with it.

I know it sounds stupid but hey, its only stupid when it fails. Maybe inexperience is the reason, but it appears I'm the only one with faith in a random vote.

I agree with Koon, I think it would be unwise to assume there are no investigate and protective roles despite what the mod said in the beginning. Would a game be this unbalanced?
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by DLMF »

The gut feeling stems from me thinking, "Will I regret it if I change my vote?"

When in doubt, stick with the original vote. So the original vote may have been random (occult=evil=scum???) but since it's my first, I'll have to stick with it. That's not to say thats how I'll be approaching this game hereafter.

And I'm not sure my vote for occult was entirely random even if it was not based on any evidence. It's more like betting on a horse because the jockey has on a favourable colour rather than looking at the horse's past records. (For the record, I've collected a fair bit using this method. Doesn't seem to work when I bet big though :( )

So no, the name didn't just pop out out of a hat so to speak.
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:02 pm

Post by DLMF »

gorckat wrote: Its not too hard, after all, to "Display all posts by Occult Oldest First" :P
What the?! I didn't notice that. :D

Okay, there's no meat at all in any of Occult's posts.

@ Vel-Rahn Koon: Nah, the gut feeling didn't come from looking at his posts. I just thought, Occult sounds fiendish, possible scum? I didn't vote Occult because of a gut feeling, rather, I stuck with the vote because of the gut feeling. The gut feeling I already explained. I could unvote but I'd like to see if Occult has anything to say. So far it's hard to pick up any scum vibes so yeah, I'm fishing.

@ gorckat: Yes, the numbers are flawed. The more games I play, the more my first votes will turn out to be vanilla townies. My reason stands though. I might not be as lucky here as I was before, but it's worth a try.
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by DLMF »

Whoa, 2 pages!

I don't think my situation is going to get any better.

So I might miss a day or two.

Anyway, my thoughts:

I've looked through Occult's posts and and I can't get anything from it. It's very fragmented. He's my vote but like I said, it's not based on any evidence.

Also, I can't read anything from Avynl's, Ichigo's or mustafa's posts.

Vel-Rahn Koon is a guy who likes to prod. From his post's it looks like he's fishing. I like his style.

Guardian and gorckat appear to be pro-town. I like their posts. It's something to chew on. Same with Peter V. While he hasn't committed to any vote, he has made interesting points about the game.

Raffles seems adamant that Guardian is scum though. Look through his posts and there seems to be a pattern of him finding reason after reason why Guardian is suspicious.
FoS on Raffles
, for being overly aggressive in scum hunting.

Now I could be wrong but I'm suspicious of Vryklan because of what appears to be his close association to Raffles. If both are scum, they voted/fos each other early on as a distancing tactic. Now both are confident the other is town (raffles post 33 and vryklan post 9). :idea: Also both have voted for Guardian. Notice a pattern? Now, this is going to sound absurd but what if Guardian is scum? (I know, crazy!) And that both voting for Guardian is another distancing tactic. Another
FoS on Vryklin
, and
IGMEOY: Guardian
DLMF
DLMF
Townie
DLMF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:00 pm

Post by DLMF »

Goddamn, Guardian is on a roll.