How To Mod - Version 2.0

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:21 am

Post by mith »

I generally state when I'm prodding someone, but not that they've picked up the prod. For one thing, I usually have guidelines for when I prod (whether explicitly stated in the rules or otherwise) which are based solely on when they last posted (the "four day" rule, for example), and that information is public; a player picking up a PM is not public.

I think if the rules for prods and replacements are clear and the mod is on top of things there isn't even a need for the mod to state when he/she prods someone. However, since the "rules" for this sort of thing tend to change from mod to mod, and since mods aren't perfect, it's fair to let the players know when someone has been prodded. Otherwise the question of whether the mod has prodded a lurker or not could become a significant discussion point.

It's a bit of a grey area though, I must admit. I wanted to just say "I agree with TSQ/Flay", but while I do think Kelly's stance takes things too far in the mod-interference direction, where's the line here? (The simple fix is to have strict replacement rules for not posting, of course. "Lurking intentionally" in the forum game isn't the same as face-to-face. Lurking face-to-face means sitting there not saying anything, but lurking on the forums generally equates to pretending not to be there at all, something you couldn't get away with face-to-face. "Staying under the radar" is a fine strategy sometimes, but I don't think it would be unfair to require people to post in all games.)
Last edited by mith on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”