Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 1:49 am

Post by Skruffs »

DGB - GLork can quote himself but I don't think he's done much more than lip service in his pursuit of investigating PRimate. To promise to go after someone and then to avoid them completely is just WEIRD, to me, and not because it's glork, but just in general.
Primate, what exactly are you saying about Massive? You have to post your posts in preview tohim and he has to approve it or something?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 2:26 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Zyour right - I didn't see it that way, but yes, talk is cheap, and Glork isn't voting against Primate. A biteless bark.

Primate's eagerness to claim with so little pressure, and so few people asking for it, makes it look he might be scum eager to carry out a pre-arranged plan. Like he made up a claim, and thinks it's brilliant, and can't wait to get it out.

You can almost sense carefully choreographed distancing between Primate and Glork. Almost. I can't be sure, but that's the impression I am left with.

And there is something that rings pre-arranged with massive's interactions.

I dunno...

Maybe I should take a nap.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Glork »

I still don't understand you people. If I am reasonably certain that two players are scum and lynching only one of them will result in an actual
dead
scumbag immediately, then why would I go after the other?

Tell me Pantsman, would you stake two lynches on Primate being scum?
Would you stake one lynch on another player being scum?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Primate »

Primate, what exactly are you saying about Massive? You have to post your posts in preview tohim and he has to approve it or something?
No, massive knows my full role. However, for me to claim, I'd have to claim a large chunk of his role, too. I want to know whether he's ok with that.
Primate's eagerness to claim with so little pressure, and so few people asking for it, makes it look he might be scum eager to carry out a pre-arranged plan. Like he made up a claim, and thinks it's brilliant, and can't wait to get it out.
You may, have noticed, dear DGB, that I have actually already claimed. Saying I'm eager to drop the final things left is misled, especially considering they are being used as covert points against me.

Claiming my full role won't clear me, though. I just think that massive is wrong about my motivations.

I think it's a little odd the mindset of people tying me to Glork, though. I'm not a fan of Glrok this game at all, but considering Glork's gung-ho attitude towards bussing, he would be much more active to lynch me, especially considering I'm a double lifer, if he were scum with me. Glorks not the kind of player to put himself in position like the one he was day 1 then get cold feet about following up day 2.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:01 am

Primate wrote:I think it's a little odd the mindset of people tying me to Glork, though. I'm not a fan of Glrok this game at all, but considering Glork's gung-ho attitude towards bussing, he would be much more active to lynch me, especially considering I'm a double lifer, if he were scum with me. Glorks not the kind of player to put himself in position like the one he was day 1 then get cold feet about following up day 2.
ZHow do you explain it, then?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Glork »

DrippingGoofball wrote:ZHow do you explain it, then?
....how about the way I've been trying to explain it for a full page now? Yaknow, that whole thing about how strategically, lynching Primate -- even if he is scum -- is horrendously sub-optimal given our limited information.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Primate »

It's not so much that I can't explain it, more that I don't really see it.

I just don't really see the way that I am tied to Glork. You're just tying him to me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:39 am

Zwell, I am seeing quite the opposite, that is, distancing. But I can't be sure yet. Just keeping my eye on it.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:41 am

Post by Primate »

Can you at least direct me to the posts you see me distancing myself from Glork in?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Skruffs »

Glork wrote:I still don't understand you people. If I am reasonably certain that two players are scum and lynching only one of them will result in an actual
dead
scumbag immediately, then why would I go after the other?

Tell me Pantsman, would you stake two lynches on Primate being scum?
Would you stake one lynch on another player being scum?
I believe you were reasonably certain that either Zindaras or Primate were scum, and you pushed for a primate. Now you are reasonably sure that me or Primate is scum, and you are not going after primate, again.

Do you think Primate was truthfully counterclaiming Zindaras, and that both of them are town, or not? You can't say "Well I think he's not town BUT I think he's tellign the truth about being a reviver.." Because then after you get zindaras, and skruffs, and someone else lynched and it gets closer to LOL, then whether primate is town or not, THAT'S when you will try to waste a lynch on him.

I think you really, raelly, slipped up here, because if you were actually suspicious of Primate yesterday, you would have targetted him, instead. A cleared townie with the ability to revive is a lot more helpful to you than a cleared townie that's not.

In short, I Really, really don't think your actions are adding up. But since I know you targetted me and not someone else, I don't think you are the mafia that commited a kill, and you have at least cleared me, so I'm going to drop it.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

THe other thing is, I personally think that Primate is eith er adouble reviver town OR a single-life scum. I don't think we would have the equivalent of 4 needed lynches in a 13 player game. But Primate and GLork were both major proponents in lynching Zindaras, so my eyes are on them. It was a good move for mafia to have made, is why my eyes are on them.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Miztef »

Skruffs wrote:THe other thing is, I personally think that Primate is eith er adouble reviver town OR a single-life scum. I don't think we would have the equivalent of 4 needed lynches in a 13 player game. But Primate and GLork were both major proponents in lynching Zindaras, so my eyes are on them. It was a good move for mafia to have made, is why my eyes are on them.
You've got a good point the the 4 nessasary lynches. however, that could be easily balanced by having town members with multiple lives (zindaras for example) and powerful pro-town roles. I can see him as a double life scum, or a double life townie.

I think its a good reason to not try and kill primate because of his double lives. Based on a 50/50 chance that anyone is scum, lynching primate twice does not appeal to me at this time. I'd rather wait at least one more day to see if 1 of his lives is vigged/SK/mafia killed/ some other killed.

Massive is not looking particularly scummy to me, and neither is skruffs. Glork's role does seem crazy, but believable, especially considering he can't actually lie-detect. DGB hasn't been particularly scummy either, but has made some small mistakes. Therefore, Theopor is still my vote at this time.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

I am not suggesting that we lynch primate twice. Personally, if he's scum, and was lying counterclaiming, than once would be enough. If he's town, than he wasn't lying, and once would clear him.

BUT
there are bigger more likely scumfish to fry.
Imma gonna be lurky-slackin' the next ten days or so.. but i iwll post at least every other day.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2007 2:01 am

Zum'thin' that bugged me all night. If Glork had some investigation abilities, why was he so gung-ho against Zindaras Day 1? If he had the ability to investigate, he should have waited, no? Then pounced when and if he got a guilty.

And if he suspected Primate so strongly, why didn't he investigate Primate the next night???

Glork's choices MAKE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Glork »

DGB, I have already explained why I didn't choose to investigate Primate. Please read the thread for details. :roll:

That same philosophy applies to Zindaras and/or Carbon Copy just as much. I see a dual-life Godfather as being most likely the case. Thus, an investigation on Zindaras, CC or Primate would likely be futile.

I do not like having to repeat myself like this.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2007 7:25 am

Zho do you think is the GF then? Why aren't we going after the player most likely to be the GF?

...or did I miss something again...

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm saying that
IF
Primate is scum, he is
VERY PROBABLY
a Godfather with the dual-life ability.

I felt the same would have applied to Zindaras.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Primate »

Glork, are you just basing this off the one in Mythical Monsters?

(Fwiw, I've seen two scum double lifers including the MM one, one was GF, other wasn't)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Glork »

I'm reasonably sure that I've seen a double-life godfather in another game, though my memory fails me right now... I'll have to check that.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Miztef »

Not much progress seems to be happening.

@glork: Who do you want lynched today? Percisely what have your investigations revealed? (If either of these has been answered directly, please quote the post it was said, as I can't seem to find clear answers)

@every1: I don't believe lynching primate is the best option for today. Although I see the possibility of him being a godfather, I feel waiting for another chance for someone to NK one of Primates lives is optimal before we lynch him.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Primate »

You're naive if you think anyone other than a vig is going to take away a life, and if we had a vig, it would have happened
last
night.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Miztef »

Primate wrote:You're naive if you think anyone other than a vig is going to take away a life, and if we had a vig, it would have happened
last
night.
I see your point. Even a confirmed cop investigation wouldn't solidify you as town, as a godfather role may be protected....

I'm going to have to review all your posts and evaluate my posistion on your alignment/role.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2007 9:09 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Primate wrote:You're naive if you think anyone other than a vig is going to take away a life, and if we had a vig, it would have happened
last
night.
Thing is you should have lost a life, infact I'm not sure why you didn't.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Miztef »

theopor_COD wrote:
last
night.
Thing is you should have lost a life, infact I'm not sure why you didn't.
interesting, why do you say this? When should he have lost a life?

After rereading primate's posts I'm feeling a little more confident that he is pro-town.

The people at the top of my scum list are:

Theopor
Glork
DGB

However, I am not very confident in any of them being scum yet. I would like input from some of the players (ubertimmy, pooky, massive) and hopefully a good case against someone soon.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

I'll admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention to this game, so I'll throw out a couple of short comments:

Godfather roles are often associated with both kill protection and investigation protection, though almost never both at the same time.

Glork is unfortunately probably right about Primate. We've already wasted one lynch, we'd better not waste another. We need a result here that we can work with.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”