yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Wed May 30, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

The bandwagon does yield information.

Hypothetical situation:
We put some guy, A, at L-2.
A is actually scum, and B is his scum buddy. B tries to diffuse the bandwagon, to save his buddy, or jumps on as well so it looks good when he's town.

Through watching people's reactions to a bandwagon, you can pick up inconsistencies in arugments, strange reactions ect.

Besides
Unvote: BeanBrew, Vote: TrustGossip
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:15 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Yay, jumping on bandwagons.
Unvote: TrustGossip, and Vote:remussaidow
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:00 am

Post by yellowbounder »

[general request for some discussion to take place]
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

BrazeGoesMoo wrote:
Unvote:
sounds like random voting has stopped.
Sonicpulsar wrote:At some point, something has to happen that validates or invalidates what someone else has said. In other words, someone has to get their head near the chopping block before much will happen unless people are stupid (read: crafty).

We've obviously learned a few things about a couple of people already, just by putting someone's feet to the fire. But we won't know exactly what we've learned until someone makes a mistake (read: crafty) or someone is killed. It's possible (and perhaps silly of me to state this) to put too much or too little (duh) emphasis on the first random/semi-random votes.
What d'ya mean with these paranthesis'd things in yer post? Particularly the "read: crafty"?
Side comments, or something. I don't know what he meant by crafty.

If you learn things from people by roasting the tips of their toes, then do some roasting!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:36 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Bump dance.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:01 am

Post by yellowbounder »

And prods
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #135 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:58 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

I'm here, and I'll read and post something later today.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

Remus wrote:Random voting helps scum because the longer the game is random, the longer they can hide behind it being random when cases are built against them, and difuse problems FOR THE SCUM more easily.
One thing about random voting, is that it's only random when you do it for no reason. If people jumped on your bandwagon to put pressure, to start discussion, and so on, the votes are not random. In fact, in the next day, these votes may be used as evidence again people, so they do have usefulness for the town.

The only useless vote, is one generated by dice or random.org.

And for all your talking of random voting being bad, your random vote of yours truly, from that start of the game, several pages back, is still on me.

Touche!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #194 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:36 am

Post by yellowbounder »

I WILL DEFINITELY POST TODAY AT SOME POINT.

Hopefully.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #202 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:08 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Alright, here is my random collection of analysis, in an attempt to get back in.
UNVOTE

remussaidow wrote:lynch -3 is a little far to push someone in the random voting stage.

Aceiks, how many games have you played, and how many are you in currently?

at this site and others.
Arguably, the first real post that was made.
Now, a few thoughts here:

There's nothing wrong with L-3 in random voting, because that's what it is, random voting. Any scum hammering, or lynching would be VERY obvious, and no townsfolk would (well, hopefully) even consider lynching someone while in the random stage.

Are we getting a little jumpy, or does our logic just disagree?
Aceiks wrote: Although I'm not sure I agree with your statement that L-3 is dangerous. With 4 scum (+- 1 I believe) if we see 3 bandwagon votes on Trust in the next two hours then that kind of gives us most of the information we need.
If random voting never puts anyone "in danger" then what reason is there for scum to ever open their mouths.
I agree with what this guy said.
Teffc wrote:but i'm keeping an eye on Ace because i do not like ppl that post theoretical stuff. It gets me wondering about his trying to be too pro-town
Posting theoretical stuff is scummy? I'm sorry, what!?
Trying to be too protown? I've never like too protown as a scum tell, since doesn't every townsfolk try and be as protown as possible (ie, hunting scums).

Theoretical stuff is often useful as a way of determining possiblities; although it's not as useful as analysis, it's still useful, and NOT a scumtell.
YogurtBandit wrote:Remus, you are at -2 Lynch, Claim.
Okay, I think this is a bit far.

The bandwagon forming is on page 4 or 5, and this is far too early to think about claiming, or such and such. I mean, I thought this was a reaction provoking bandwagon when I joined, since to be honest, observations about random voting does not a scum tell make, so I wouldn't be prepared to go through the whole lynching proceedure with Remus.

FoS: YogurtBandit

Teffc wrote:but still pointing a FOS at Aceicks for his roel fishing. and for the fact that in post #43 he wrote
Although I'm not sure I agree with your statement that L-3 is dangerous. With 4 scum (+- 1 I believe) if we see 3 bandwagon votes on Trust in the next two hours then that kind of gives us most of the information we need.
i kept wondering why he posted this part...because as long as we have mafia among us they'll know what you're thinking. unless you are linked to them and telling them not to vote in a very subtle way
Okay, let's go through this again.
When there are mafia in the game, they know what the town or Ace thinks? WHAT?

And how is this a subtle message to scum buddies? If the buddies need to be told this basic mafia stuff, then god help Ace if he is scum.

He was talking about how obvious mafia would be on a speedlynch, so I do not understand your comments at ALL.

FoS: Teffc

Aceiks wrote:Well, if the mafia need me to tell them that a 3 person bandwagon on Page 3 of Day 1 is a bad idea then they aren't very smart and us townspeople should have an easy game.
Why do I always end up repeating this guy?
remussaidow wrote:I will not claim for lynch minus-2 on page 4, where I was asked too. Period. Its a bad play for everyone. I won't do it on page 5, or until there's enough discussion to warrant it.
remussaidow wrote:And I refused to claim because, really, claiming Vanilla townie never does anyone any good.
I'm sorry, what just happened? Here you go talking about not claiming, (or until sufficent discussion) and 8 posts later you claim vanilla! *tearsupsomethingexpensive*

On a side note, although I was on the wagon at this point, I hardly think there's sufficent reason to lynch him, at least at this point in the game.
Sonicpulsar wrote:I've read and reread most of the past couple of pages looking for some insight in to remus's defense and realized he hasn't really laid any sort of groundwork for his defense. At least I can't really find any substance in any of it, which leads me to believe he's scum or he'll be a useless townie for us. Mainly whining and silly retorting. My vote stands.
Laying groundwork for defence? Like encoding V A N ILL A into your posts or something?
Okay, now some thinking. Remus claimed vanilla, but that doesn't mean we lynch him instantly. If he's town, it's probably bad play, since now the scum know that he's not a powerole, unless he's lying, which is VERY BAD for the town. If he's scum, then lynching is good, but at this point, like in page 5 (five, my god), it's very early for a lynch, or at least in my mini experience.
Qman wrote:
UNvote

Giving a little breathing room.
Qman was the L-1 voter, but for no reason, certainly no epic defence from Remus, he unvotes?
Big FOS: Qman

Qman wrote:2.) Partly your post, I don't want to leave him at L-1 if discussion starts to pick up again, have someone hammer him and kill ongong discussion. That would suck since the game has been dead, I don't want to help stall it again. Heck the game died when I put him at L-1. This is the reason for the "breathing room" It's more for my comfort than his. If discussion doesn't pick up (I'm REALLY hoping it does with your post and the replacement) I'll put the vote back on him, I just don't want the replacement coming in and hammering first post.
A hammer at this point would look REALLY scummy. I'm going to remember that you said you'd place the vote when discussion picked up. I'll call you on it at an appropriate time, probably when discussion's picked up!

Analysis of Pages 5 - 9 will follow sometime in the future. Sorry for not posting guys. :oops:
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #204 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:56 am

Post by yellowbounder »

You don't have to wait for me guys. I mean, you can keep playing while I make the next post.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #211 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 am

Post by yellowbounder »

remussaidow wrote:well then...

um...

Guys, where are all these promised posts?
Coming soon. But, I'm not the only one in this game who promised to post.

If this continues, I might ask for an abandonment vote. I'll try and post soon, once I sleep. :|
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #232 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:44 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

ChaosOmega wrote:lol bandwagon
Vote: YogurtBandit

I didn't like your last 2 posts. Having a sooner deadline, regardless of the amount of posting going on, is not pro-town. And also, right after that, you go "So, we still on for lynching remus?", like you're just rushing people to lynch him. And now you can go, "But we have to, deadline's only a few days away." Which is your fault. It just all seems scummy to me.
BrazeGoesMoo wrote:I agree what ChaosOmega's saying about
yellowbounder's
latest posts being scummy, though I can see this as him being bored of a slow game as well.
I think you're thinking of the other YB. The Lesser YB.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”