Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Looks like we're all confirmed now. I'll put a random
Vote: ChaosOmega
for being last on the list.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Less than random? What would that be?
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Erotomachia »

YogurtBandit wrote:Of course, It could have just been Random, but I dont like to take chances, and having a random vote bugs me.

Unvote , Vote: ChaosOmega
So you remove your random vote from someone who's at 2 votes to put another random vote on someone else, who is now also at 2 votes? That doesn't make any sense to me. In fact, it's pretty contradictory.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Erotomachia »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Erotomachia wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:Of course, It could have just been Random, but I dont like to take chances, and having a random vote bugs me.

Unvote , Vote: ChaosOmega
So you remove your random vote from someone who's at 2 votes to put another random vote on someone else, who is now also at 2 votes? That doesn't make any sense to me. In fact, it's pretty contradictory.
Yes, but at least my vote had a reason, whilst yours did not.
Really? So what is your reason for voting for ChaosOmega?

I admit that mine was random, as I stated on the first page.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Erotomachia »

That's a pretty neat picture nonetheless, Adel.

Anyway, YogurtBandit's vote for ChaosOmega still seems strange to me. It's nothing major, just a little weird.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm pretty sure Adel already explained her reasoning in post #68, page 3.

It seems pretty clear to me that Nanook and Guardian can't both be scum. I'm inclined to trust Guardian at the moment.

I will
unvote: ChaosOmega

and
vote: YogurtBandit

That said, I'd like to hear from ChaosOmega. I don't even remember the last post he made here.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I'd say probably (c).

For the record, I may have joined last year, but I'm hardly experienced. I wasn't very familiar with breadcrumbing.

I'll post more when I get home this evening.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I haven't finished reading the last few posts, but I just saw YogurtBandit's claim.

unvote: YogurtBandit
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Looks like I was the only player DogMom did not mention in her player-by-player analysis!

I'm not really sure who to vote for anymore. Adel and Guardian are going constantly back and forth...I think it may even be likely that they're both town and that the true mafia members are just lying low.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I unvoted you (YogurtBandit) because I think it's certainly possible that there are two cops of varying sanities. And I don't feel like lynching a claimed cop so soon.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Phew, finally finished reading the last 4 pages.

Hmm...DogMom's reply to Guardian seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. But perhaps it's her posting style.

Anyway, I agree with Adel that there are undoubtedly mafia members among the less active players. As I said before, I think that townies are overwhelming the game with posts. This makes it easy to for the mafia members to lie low.
Adel wrote:By going out on a limb and generating the best argument he can for why a particular person is guilty. Staying hidden in the middle of the herd is not helping town. Taking risks would.
I disagree with this. I read a guide about being a townie somewhere (I guess it was in the wiki), and it explained that there's no need to grab so much attention if you're just a townie. Otherwise you'll confuse the town into thinking you might be a power role (thereby drawing unnecessary doc protections). So I've come to the conclusion that sometimes mediocrity is needed.

Post #258 by MeMe is excellent, in my opinion.

Fixed.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Well, I haven't mastered the complexity of quote tags, but I have thought about my vote some more.

vote: Nanosauromo
who has not posted since post #135, page 6 (although he has posted in other games on the site).
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

This sort of makes me think that Nekka-Lucifer is just a bored townie, not scum. Or is wrong to draw conclusions from players asking for replacements?
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Adel wrote:huh. I thought I just showed you.
Perhaps I'm slow...I don't quite get it. Is it that Nekka-Lucifer and YagamiLight have never voted? And interestingly enough, no one has ever voted for Streetflo.

Although I just noticed that there are some omissions. For example, I'm pretty sure that MeMe voted for Nekka-Lucifer at one point.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Isn't there a feature for viewing a single player's posts within the game? If so, could anyone tell me what it is?
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I noticed that theopor_COD thanked Kelly Chen for "checking the setup." That made me think that it's perhaps not such a simple setup. So I think two cops are certainly a possibility. That's why for now I trust both Guardian and YogurtBandit.

YogurtBandit has certainly behaved strangely, but I think he may have just made some mistakes out of confusion and uncertainty.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Adel wrote: Can I make a suggestion, and get a fair hearing for it? Can we all brainstorm the best case against YB?
What? Why should we all focus on him? This seems like a very strange suggestion.

I'm not too impressed with the "case" against YogurtBandit. With comments like these, it looks like an exaggeration:
Adel wrote:I checked the Wiki, on the "Cop" role. There's nothing in there that indicates that COP can also be SCUM.
I think you're taking the quote far too literally and trying to put words into his mouth.

Still waiting to hear from Nanosauromo.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm sorry, the second quote is by DogMom, not Adel.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Guardian wrote:I don't understand you going beyond that and defending YB though; why do you not want to hold him up to public scrutiny? If it looks like he is town, then I might buy, at least temporarily, that there are indeed two cops in the game. Be if not, I can definitely see him as scum fake claiming. Two cops in a mini normal is indeed rare.
Well, I figure it might be more valuable to keep YogurtBandit around today and see what happens during the night. That way we can also see what he has to say for himself on Day 2. I'm not saying I fully trust him and that he should never be lynched. But in the short-run it'll be interesting to hear his investigation results.

I guess you're right about "outguessing the mod."
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Erotomachia »

I think we need to hear from Battle Mage and Chaos Omega.

Adel has made some strange suggestions and probably posted too much, but I like her contributions. I feel that we can make a better choice Day 1.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Erotomachia »

I wouldn't be comfortable with a sudden Battle Mage lynch. He's obviously not going to post anything before Friday, so even voting for him now is pointless.

We can punish him for his lack of posting, but I don't think it'll get us anywhere. Since he hasn't posted anything (and apparently hasn't even read the thread yet), it'll be hard to know what to do on Day 2 if he turns up town - he simply hasn't formed any connections to other players. I don't like the way he's reacting, but I think a different lynch would provide more information.

So I'm pretty content with my vote on Nanosauromo.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post!

Anyway, very nice catch, MeMe. I think it's clear that Nanosauromo is the lynch for today.
Guardian wrote:ChaosOmega Erotomachia and Nanook need to contribute down the stretch here, I don't have much of a read on them either, nor am I sure of who they suspect.
I think I've been pretty consistent. I was one of the first to vote for Nanosauromo and I've kept my vote on him ever since. To be honest, I haven't felt any reason to switch my vote.

I'll definitely be interested in hearing what Battle Mage has to say Day 2 - he got through Day 1 with lots of excuses and shouting, but not much content.

I also find Yogurt Bandit's behavior very strange. For today I'll trust both cop claims: but if one of you is lying, I'll bet it's Yogurt Bandit. I can't wait to hear his Night 1 results.[/quote]
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Why is Guardian still voting for Adel?!
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:29 am

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm a little uncomfortable that Adel has nearly as many votes as Nanosauromo. I would hate to see Adel somehow pass him in the vote count during these last few hours.

Right now things are very uncertain.

That's why I asked you about your vote, Guardian. Right now I don't think it's helping at all--you're adding to the uncertainty. If some mafia members haven't voted yet, then you're basically letting them decide who to lynch. Moreover, with just one more vote for Adel, we might even have a no-lynch.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:44 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Why do you keep procrastinating, Battle Mage? It appears that you're purposefully putting off your vote until the last minute. With the way you're acting, Adel's concerns seem legitimate.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Guardian wrote:Hmm. I'm not gonna lie, I still like the Adel play. NanoS by not understanding, or even worse, by pretending to not understand, is a very appealing target, though.

However, I see a good third alternative, and I think it's just possible that we'll get enough votes on him before deadline.

unvote vote: BM

I will be able to post once more before deadline, if nothing has changed on BM, I will likely put my vote back on Adel, or vote for NanoS.
This is a completely useless vote, even though I agree that he's a good alternative.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Adel is actually at 3 votes, I think. There was an unvote hidden within Chaos Omega's post.

Anyway, Battle Mage seems to be digging himself into a deeper hole with every post. I didn't vote for him earlier because he had just replaced into the game, but he'll be a good person to pressure on Day 2.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Damn, I was really enjoying this game. Good luck town, you'll need it.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm not at all surprised that the mafia won. After Day 2 the game just fell apart.

I didn't last long enough to do much, but I am extremely puzzled by the town's behavior. Why on earth did you lynch our cop? He even had a guilty result! Day 3 was just unbelievable.

I also really don't understand why everyone was so suspicious of Nanook. Why did everyone seem to think that one mafia member would "out" another as cop? That doesn't make any sense to me. The fact that Nanook noticed and revealed Guardian's breadcrumbing made me think he was a townie, not scum.

I feel like the town basically beat itself.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

YagamiLight wrote:Um, our cop had innocent. Guardian said guilty.
I mean that YB had a guilty on Streeflo, right? I couldn't believe that YB was lynched after that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”