Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:21 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Random Vote: Dogmom
for really no apparent reason what so ever other then to be random .. I guess that's why it's a random vote. However I didn't use a number generator or anything to come to this conclusion, so I guess it wasn't quite so random after all.

Anyways, Adel took the vote I originally wanted to cast since Meme is the only player I recognized in the game to begin with. :(
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:22 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I like his style .. (Guardian that is) :wink:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Unvote: Dogmom
.. and
Vote: Streeflo

I've read some posts now, and I think Streeflo is a great candidate based on Guardian's logic. Along with a bit of my own detective work.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Maybe Guardian's logic wasn't the best choice of words .. Considering he didn't really state any in the thread ..

This is just one of them things, you know?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

:wink: Hey you take your route, and I'll take mine .. Maybe my gears are loosening up for some old time sake.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:47 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:Coultn't sleep at all, so I thought I'd post. Often, ChaosOmega, new scum will just vote without saying anything, like you did. People might get suspicious of you for that (I am a wee bit); I think it's better to just say that your vote is random in the future so people don't have a reason to jump on. My 1/50 of a dollar ;).
Originally Guardian voted for Streeflo .. then he posted the above. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe it was planned to help him later in the game, who knows .. but the above post includes my reasoning.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #51 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:54 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:YogurtBandit, by yours, do you mean ChaosOmega's? Or do you mean Ertomachia's vote on ChaosOmega?

Nanook, the logic "if you are random voting, then say so" can most definitely be applied to Streeflo, but I did mean for it to apply to ChaosOmega's posts at the time.
Unvote: Streeflo, Vote: Guardian
... Better?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanosauromo wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:
Guardian wrote:YogurtBandit, by yours, do you mean ChaosOmega's? Or do you mean Ertomachia's vote on ChaosOmega?

Nanook, the logic "if you are random voting, then say so" can most definitely be applied to Streeflo, but I did mean for it to apply to ChaosOmega's posts at the time.
Unvote: Streeflo, Vote: Guardian
... Better?
Seems like you're getting a bit desperate.

I dunno about the rest of you, but so far Nanook seems like the scummiest player in the game.
I'm far from desperate Nano .. Don't have a worry in the world right now. The vote I've placed is possibly in the right place for right now .. I'd say more, but I'm not too sure now is the right time. I think some know what I'm talking about .. although maybe not .. I'm even a bit confused at all the logic of it myself, which is why I can't decide between streeflo or guardian, but for now guardian will keep my vote.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #62 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:
C
oultn't sleep at all, so I thought I'd post.
O
ften, ChaosOmega, new scum will just vote without saying anything, like you did.
P
eople might get suspicious of you for that (I am a wee bit); I think it's better to just say that your vote is random in the future so people don't have a reason to jump on. My 1/50 of a dollar ;).
Originally, I thought to myself that Guardian was completely foolish for doing such a thing on the first page of this game .. I don't know why people think it's a great Idea to claim something so early on, especially the supposed 'cop'.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I tend to think it's more so a mafioso move to set them selves up later in case they get into a bind so that they have a defense later, like If you read my earlier game post you'll see that I claimed cop or something.

Again this could have been something obviously mistakened for all I know, and if you truly are the cop, well then I apologize.

I voted streeflo originally b/c of guardian's not so random vote early on. I then changed my vote due to the confusion it seemed to cause. I had nothing more on Streeflo then that ..
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Unvote: Guardian

What's with the attack there Adel? First off just let me state that I don't care if you're a newbie or not .. It's not an excuse for ever being scummy as you put it. My vote was more out of confusion then it was tactful, and why do claim being scummy?

I voted for Guardian, b/c I thought Meme saw the same thing I did, and possibly was counter-claiming Guardian for it. Hence why I said .. You take your route, and I'll take mine bit. At the time I whole heartedly believed Guardian's role claim and thought he was trying to finger Streeflo as scum, obviously I was wrong and before it started becoming even more confusion placed on myself I figured I'd state the facts.

As to Guardian, Posting hidden clues in posts like that will grasp my attention .. not always, but some of the time yes. It's hard for me to keep my mouth shut on something like that, b/c I get the feeling that I'm not the only one who'd seen it which in this particular game is a bad thing. It's not a route that I personally would take for this reasoning. As you can see I totally blew your cover so to speak, yet at the same time if you are really the cop, then the doc knows whose best to protect tonight.

I went back on my theory regarding Meme's possible counter claim due to her just now unvoting.

Any of this making sense?

As for the rusty comment .. do you even know what it refers to Adel, or as to why Meme stated it. Please don't insult my playing skills, b/c I'll tell you now that, although usually fun, mafia is a game that practically anybody could get good at if the time is applied. I unfortunately play so as I have something else to do in my humbug life that is somewhat amusing.

I'm only defensive about your comments Adel b/c I'm not entirely sure why they were made or exactly what they prove. I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit. Maybe you should blame Guardian for outing himself, I just happened to catch on to it is all.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Again .. confusion my part. I don't think that makes me so much as being scum as it does an idiot. That I will take insult of.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #74 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Oh and by the way Streeflo, since you've got me "fingered" and all. Don't you think I would know that there wasn't a night if I had a night choice to make?

Before returning to this site, the mass majority of games I played in that weren't newbie all started in the night, and for whatever reason I assumed that the same applied here, but obviously had forgotten that it didn't.

Again, me being an idiot.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #76 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Apology accepted.

I more or less didn't realize your concept of me and guardian being scum together until now, and it's not something that I really can defend consider the current situation. I could see it as a possiblity if I were you as well ... The only thing I can say is that I am in no way connected with Guardian, but you'd have to take my word on that, that's all I can say about that.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #78 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I never used the exact words "If I were mafia" just so you know. The lines you refer to are more of a reiteration of what Guardian said, but coming from me.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #81 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:
NanookTheWolf in post 78 wrote:I never used the exact words "If I were mafia" just so you know. The lines you refer to are more of a reiteration of what Guardian said, but coming from me.
NanookTheWolf in post 71 wrote:I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit.
So if you were scum you wouldn't out the cop, you would wait until night to wack him. That is the counter-factual I was referring to. It does meet the common definition of WIFOM.
Call it what you'd like, but I'm not taking back what I had said. I just want you to know that not all "WIFOM" is a scum tell, just so you know. I didn't come out of no where and say that, it was reiterating Guardian's words saying that town wouldn't point that out.

Trying to make myself look good here.

Any others have any comments on my obviously dumb move that I made? :roll:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #123 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

DogMom wrote:So, Nanook, exactly
why
did you "out" Guardian, anyway?
NanookTheWolf wrote:
Unvote: Guardian

What's with the attack there Adel? First off just let me state that I don't care if you're a newbie or not .. It's not an excuse for ever being scummy as you put it. My vote was more out of confusion then it was tactful, and why do claim being scummy?

I voted for Guardian, b/c I thought Meme saw the same thing I did, and possibly was counter-claiming Guardian for it. Hence why I said .. You take your route, and I'll take mine bit. At the time I whole heartedly believed Guardian's role claim and thought he was trying to finger Streeflo as scum, obviously I was wrong and before it started becoming even more confusion placed on myself I figured I'd state the facts.

As to Guardian, Posting hidden clues in posts like that will grasp my attention .. not always, but some of the time yes. It's hard for me to keep my mouth shut on something like that, b/c I get the feeling that I'm not the only one who'd seen it which in this particular game is a bad thing. It's not a route that I personally would take for this reasoning. As you can see I totally blew your cover so to speak, yet at the same time if you are really the cop, then the doc knows whose best to protect tonight.

I went back on my theory regarding Meme's possible counter claim due to her just now unvoting.

Any of this making sense?

As for the rusty comment .. do you even know what it refers to Adel, or as to why Meme stated it. Please don't insult my playing skills, b/c I'll tell you now that, although usually fun, mafia is a game that practically anybody could get good at if the time is applied. I unfortunately play so as I have something else to do in my humbug life that is somewhat amusing.

I'm only defensive about your comments Adel b/c I'm not entirely sure why they were made or exactly what they prove. I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit. Maybe you should blame Guardian for outing himself, I just happened to catch on to it is all.
I exposed him basically b/c I had already made an ass of myself .. I thought others were onto the post as well for whatever reason. I was wrong and dumb in making the move that I had. I thought I already went through all of this with everyone ..

Streeflo, I agree with your last point, however I can't take it back now as much as I'd love to.

YogurtBandit, Guardian had claimed (spelled out sound better) cop more then once. I use the word claim loosely I guess, but I knew what I had meant see. :roll:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #124 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:Could nanos possibly be a lyncher?? I don't think so, from post one... I don't understand the doggedness, though, with good reason to believe Nanook is town... Anyways, in case there was any doubt as to whether I was breadcrumbing:
Guardian, in his first post, wrote:
C
ome
o
n
p
eople, let's find the scum :).
Guardian, in a later post, wrote:but I did mean for it to apply to
C
haos
O
mega's
p
osts at the time.
Guardian, immediately before he was outed, wrote:Adel, Streeflo, YB, and MeMe are all attractive targets at this point.
vote: YB
for the
c
urious
O
mega
p
ush and for associating with me.
And for those unfamiliar with breadcrumbing, it is a tactic power roles can use that allows for them to claim more convincingly later in the game, by showing the other players that they are not just scum fakeclaiming by making up the role on the spot. In fairness, I suppose scum could theoretically breadcrumb a fake claim from the beginning of the game... I haven't read a game where that happened, but like I said I guess it could be done.
Explain the doggedness bit to me, I'm a bit slow.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #130 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:Nanos referred to nanosauromo; he unfailingly continues to pursue you, his random vote iirc, even when there is good reason not to imo.
I knew being in a game with him would throw me off at some point. Bah! :evil:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:35 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

DogMom wrote:
Guardian wrote: An interesting thing that I note is that DogMom also chastised me about this, and then said that she couldn't see Nanook-scum or Guardian-scum :roll:.
Sorry - I wasn't clear. I
meant
that I couldn't see you two as scumbuddies, doing this as a concerted / coordinated effort.

Jury's still out on which one of you I think is scummier. I'm thinking Nanook, but only because I'm inclined to believe your claim...
FOR NOW
But YB has a lot of 'splainin to do, so I'm going to set aside the "Guardian / Nanook" thing for now.
So you believe that either Guardian or I are scum? Do you think it be possible that we're both town?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #185 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

So now there are two cops 'outed' .. How interesting? This should play out nicely. I definately think that if there is a doctor, or even two (Highly doubt though), that it should be up to the individual as to whom s/he protects .. Don't want to set the other up for an automatic night kill.

I truthfully don't know who to believe between the two, as I always find a cop claim early on when mafia to be pretty ballsy to begin with. I don't find "breadcrumbing" as some call it to be as much of a pro-town thought as I do that of scum .. Not saying that I think Guardian is scum, but I find YB's reaction to Guardian's claim to be more so town-like by voting for him quickly after Guardian's claim as I too would probably do the same thing.

It is possible that their insanities differentiate, and more then likely with there really being two cops in this game, more likely. Two sane cops in a 12 player game just a wee bit overpowering.

How exactly did the possibility of a mafia roleblocker come out? Was it Adel who posted this? I'd look back for myself normally, but I have a slight case of conjuctivitis (pink eye) and just got finished reading 1 1/2 pages and have more to read in other games. The point just crossed my mind as I was typing, sorry.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #191 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:One FINALDIPEEDAPEEDOSEY one... (lol) I don't see any hidden Docs :(
... And this makes you a sad Puss n' Boots? If so, why?

If the doctor did this, that would just be total anarchy on the game. Plus, if I had noticed such a thing, I don't think I would announce that I saw it (Un-like the cop bit anyway).

Meant to add that earlier .. Meme reminded me with her vote.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #192 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:
Adel wrote:That you didn't mention the possibility of there being a mafia roleblocker, the biggest hole in my plan, suggests that:
1. you are mafia and you know that there is a roleblocker
or
2. you are mafia and since there isn't a roleblocker you didn't think of the possibility.

You are wise enough in the ways of mafia to know of that possibility. I was actually worried that another player would point out that hole in my plan before you had a chance to respond.
<snip>
I am so happy with my vote now.
A mafia roleblocker would definitely hamper us directing the actions of the potential doc and cops, but how would a mafia roleblocker block a potential vig whose theoretical identity is unknown? Maybe it is you who knows something we don't? :?
Found it .. I think. My point isn't really relevant in this case like I thought it would be. I'm off to wipe the gunk out of my eyes (Don't intend to gross anyone out or anything, :wink: ) .. and then bed. If I have time in the AM to post before class then I will, otherwise see ya'll tomorrow PM.

Peace Out.

P.s. - I apologize for the double post.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #195 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Streeflo wrote:
Guardian wrote: To be honest, his was not the most convincing or direct claim I have ever seen, and like I said (and maybe this is a bad read on my part, as I have not had it tested yet) I always feel that someone is scummy if they say that they are completely willing to get lynched or killed for the good of the cause - especially if that person is a power role. I think town players should always say that they are a bad lynch, as it is, again in my opinion, almost always better for the town to give up on lynching a scummy townie in favor of trying to find scum.
I get somewhat suspicious of someone says they are willing to lynch for the good of the town too, but I don't think it's necessarily a scumtell. Scumplayers say they are a bad lynch too.
I think YogurtBandit's reactions are more genuine, but you seem to be more experienced and your breadcrumbing supports that.

Which brings me into MeMe's latest post, which I like a lot.
MeMe wrote:If I had to choose between the two....Hey! I
don't
have to choose between the two!

vote: Nekka-Lucifer
Of course, up comes the inevitable question of why?
MeMe wrote:*sigh*
I know I said I was going to bed, but I just couldn't resist this one ..

Streeflo, I believe you've taken Meme's
joke
seriously .. If I'm right, I think she meant she doesn't have to choose between Nekka and Lucifer, she can just vote for Nekka-Lucifer. As for why she did, well your on your own to find that one out.

Meme truly is too damn funny IMO.

Really, Truly, and Honestly going to bed now ... G'night.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #220 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:52 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

DogMom wrote:
Guardian wrote: DogMom, you haven't posted, so maybe you would have already as soon as you get back, but I would definitely like you to answer Nanook's question, and not let it get lost in the clutter.
Addressing this, since it's come up twice.

I don't have internet access in the evenings during the weekdays, so I won't be doing any posts after about 5pm each day. I did address it when I came across it this morning.
Thank you for answering still though .. :wink:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #277 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:51 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

DogMom wrote:
Erotomachia wrote:This sort of makes me think that Nekka-Lucifer is just a bored townie, not scum. Or is wrong to draw conclusions from players asking for replacements?
Probably. I've seen the "oh, replacements are usually bored town" argument before, and I just can't buy it. I've seen both scum and town ask for replacements. I can sympathize with him, too - it's tough to keep up with this game if you don't have 24/7 access.
I too can sympathize with NL due to me not being able to post yesterday as much as I wanted and finding myself play catch up on like 3 pages this early early AM. (Got a bit intoxicated last night)

Anywho, I just assumed that the game was moving like it was due to their being an early deadline onset.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #307 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Erotomachia wrote:Isn't there a feature for viewing a single player's posts within the game? If so, could anyone tell me what it is?
While reading the thread if you go to the bottom of the page there are three scroll options .. Choose the player that you wish to view and then press submit.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #355 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:58 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:Nanook: Would you be willing to weigh in on all of this? We haven't heard much from you other than the cop stuff.
Nanook?
Are you out there?
I am here .. I've only really been able to get a quick skim over the thread and with there being so much info out there, you guys will have to wait until I'm off from work which is around 5pm EsT ..
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #370 (isolation #27) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:27 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'd rather save deadline time for later in the game if needed .. right now the game is moving right along, and personally I think that we have more then enough to read through as it is ...

As for all of the posts that I've read nothing sticks out more then any other. This game has been more 'ranting' then anything else, and normally I am an active and hopefully productive player, but I find it hard to insert anything substantial to this discussion.

I enjoy analyzing a post when I have the opportunity, but when the arguments have already been answered, what would you like me to add?

I refuse to post a pbpa btw as I don't think that it helps town anymore then it does scum, so that's not something that you'll get from me. I do report things that I find to be suspicious, so if you want that, then you'll have to wait until I see it.

That's all I got as of right now.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #374 (isolation #28) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:What is this? Page 2? Put it into the contest of my four(!) pages of writing so far in this game. Creating noise is something I am very guilty of. Being scum isn't.
It isn't like I outed a power role or something (sorry Nanook) I just choose poor words.
See Hanlon's razor.
What are you sorry for .. You stated the what you see as truth? I will argue that I find you finger pointing as a bit of a way out though.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #377 (isolation #29) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:08 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:Dog_mom: the quote is original, I just put it in a box to offset it from everything else.

Nanook: I was just being polite. You've taken enough grief for that already, and I didn't want to cause you more.
I didn't take offense to the comment Adel, I just suggested that you were using that remark as a defense as to why you're not acting scummy .. Has nothing to do with my personal feelings, Just an observation.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #390 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:01 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanosauromo wrote:EBWODP: Arg, bloody quote tags!
dogmom wrote: then pops in to change his vote, with virtually no input.

Okay, I'll explain my actions then.

In the beginning, Nanookthewolf simply seemed scummy because he voted along with Gaurdian, following Gaurdian's "logic" but not explaining what this "logic" was. For a while, he seemed like the scummiest guy around, and thus I kept my vote on him.

But then Adel came along. His catch-22 of
"Do something scummy or I will be forced to think you are scum."
tipped off my scum detector. He now seemed more scummy than Nanook. He was now my prime candidate for a lynch. His pressuring of people to vote quickly reinforced my belief.

With that said, Theo, can we get a vote count?

yeh sure, give me ten mins. I deleted your previous duplicated post
I'm going to do something with my vote which I thought I already had, but for whatever reason the post isn't there .. hmm.

Vote: Nanosauromo

I'm voting for you based on your reasoning placed against Adel. I find it hard to believe that for as long as you've been pressing for a lynch against myself and how you've felt about Guardian that the above underlined quote from Adel made you change your mind so easily. I don't want to have your vote placed back onto me obviously, but how could something that I would normally take as a light matter, seem to so easily change your mind on who you find most likely scum?

I just think that you believe that Adel would be an easier lynch, hence why you changed your strategy is all.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #399 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanosauromo wrote:Gaurdian's leaning towards scum, due to the scummy Nanook following his lead. I'm not familiar with breadcrumbing, but it seems like he started doing it way too early.

As for Yogurt (one of my favorite words, BTW), I haven't formed a clear opinion on him yet.
This post was only one day prior to the one where you unvoted ... :roll:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #402 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

How the guy (NanoS), can change within a day like that is still baffling to me. Also, explain the not scummy portion of your post regarding me pls Nano.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #404 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:55 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanosauromo wrote:I kept my vote on you because nobody was acting particularly scummy;
you were simply the least non-scummy player (If that makes any sense).
There was no-one to change to, so I kept it on you. By the time Adel's scumminess was accumulating, any negative opinions I had about you had mostly withered away. Thus, the change.
You stated a day earlier the following ...
Nanosauromo wrote:Gaurdian's leaning towards scum,
due to the scummy Nanook following his lead.
I'm not familiar with breadcrumbing, but it seems like he started doing it way too early.

As for Yogurt (one of my favorite words, BTW), I haven't formed a clear opinion on him yet.
So what you're trying to say is that you still think I'm scummy, but less then that of Adel? Is that basically it, cause if it is then I don't know why the hell I put any effort towards this argument.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #406 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

In who's eyes?

In regards to Guardian, I'm sure it wasn't enough .. I think Nano basically answered my question, although I think I did most of the work in figuring it out .. Anywho.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #408 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

There's your answer.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #479 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

adel wrote:I would like to see Dog_mom and Nanook take serious stands for and against a couple of people.
I think I've made a pretty good stand on my thoughts in this game and have resumed a vote on the most likely scum IMO player ..
Adel wrote:I find it odd that BM has the time to defend himself, post links, scan the thread often enough to reply to MeMe, ect... while he still doesn't have time to post an analysis of the game. That shows the existence of some free time. Also, unless I'm mistaken, exams are scheduled out pretty far in advance. Why replace into a game that is kick'n with a dealine during exam week?
This states it all ... I may be putting a scummy to some stamp on my back, but I don't have any issues with Meme 'pushing' BM the way she is. The dude shouldn't have replaced in the game when he's got exams coming up, and he has spent quite a bit of time responding to Meme's points trying to not look scummy. I'm not going to vote for him today as I'd like to see what he's got to say tomorrow and I'm keeping my vote on Nano more then likely up to deadline.

FYI - I am graduating tomorrow and will have limited access until the weekend, any chance I get to be on the computer until then I will make this game priority for obvious reasons.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #572 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Why kill BM when he was in the hot seat to begin with?

The only player who really had much connection with him is Meme, but for some reason I can't see her pulling such an obvious move ... You think scum are trying to set her up?

I was banking on Nano being scum, and obviously that wasn't the case ..

Should we hear some results from these cops .. YB .. Guardian?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #574 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:YB then Guardian get my vote, for order to reveal information. It took me a sec to realize that Theo is our mod.
I second this ... !
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #587 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:15 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:I am somewhat vilified in that I defended the initial attack on BM; his later actions looked so scummy though, so maybe he would have been lynched today and we are better off.
I don't think that that villifies you Guardian. Although I may have thoughts of you being a cop more so then YB at this point, I still have some slight suspicions of you ..

No one is ever 100% cleared in a game unless it's a newbie game and the cop claimed he had an innocent result/guilty result, and was killed during the night .. No one.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #589 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Why did you feel the need to point this out Guardian?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #593 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:25 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Voting for Adel would prove your sanity, but I question why you didn't investigate YB when you sound so sure that he too isn't a cop ..
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #653 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, just read through the posts .. I totally forgot about this game in the last 24 hours and I apologize ...

On another note, I'm finding it very hard as to who I should believe at this point ...

Adel does raise some very interesting points to say the least, and for whatever reason Guardian has this cockiness that just reeks of scum .. (hard to explain it).

If Adel is lynched today it won't prove either of our cop's sanity btw .. Unless of course Guardian investigates a pro-town role that gets killed tonight .. Otherwise if he gets another guilty tonight it could mean he's either sane or paranoid.

I'm getting a slight scummy vibe from Meme as well at the moment, but only because she seems to be avoiding the primary conversation (The cops bit) .. but it could just be lack of interest on her part for all I know ....

I can't say whether I really have any suspicions lying towards Jalyn or not, because for the most part of the game .. between him and dogmom .. they were pretty quite and Jalyn didn't really get into the game until near the deadline.

I would like to hear some thoughts from Jalyn though.

YogurtBandit I believe is scum and just find his innocent result to be a safe one as well as easy one. He could have easily just chosen Meme to use as an innocent for an easy claim, but that's just my opinion. Nothing he's done has proven him town in my eyes.

Guardian I have issues with only because he goes back and forth about how he feels, and expresses the feelings strongly which makes it hard to believe him.. I think that he too could possibly be scum and either A.) Outing a fellow scum .. or B.) Making a Gambit .. Although he could really be the cop as well, but this argument dates back to Guardian's breadcrumbing as well.

YagamiLight is pretty much town in my eyes for the moment, but I haven't done much reading on him either, but the reading that I have done seems adequate.

I'd like to lynch Adel in hopes that he really is scum based on Guardian's result, but I'm scared as well due to Guardian/Adel could be pulling one over on the town as well, which would be great play on their part. Adel's earlier comment on him and Guardian would make a great team does bare evidence to that, and makes me hesitant.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #663 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Adel wrote:no sense of humor with those two. :)

Have a good weekend everyone, hopefully you won't lynch me so I'll have a chance to continue this on Monday.

^^^WIFOM.
What part of this is wifom? .. I think I'm still confused to what exactly the definition of wifom is .. hmm.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #669 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

YagamiLight wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
Adel wrote:no sense of humor with those two. :)

Have a good weekend everyone,
hopefully you won't lynch me so I'll have a chance to continue this on Monday.

^^^WIFOM.
What part of this is wifom? .. I think I'm still confused to what exactly the definition of wifom is .. hmm.
I think that says it loud and clear.
I don't see this a s WIFOM, just seems to me he hopes we don't lynch him uintil after he gets back so he can defend himself.
That was my take on it to say the least .. however, YB sees it differently?

May as well wait on Adel, s/he will be back tomorrow ..
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #674 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Jalyn wrote:
Nanook wrote: Adel is lynched today it won't prove either of our cop's sanity btw .. Unless of course Guardian investigates a pro-town role that gets killed tonight .. Otherwise if he gets another guilty tonight it could mean he's either sane or paranoid.
Huh. Is it just me or does this post completely assume the result of lynching Adel? Gaurdian won't know his sanity because he could still be Sane or Paranoid - no chance of Insane, Nanook?
The above statement was made assuming that Adel shows up as scum today .. in that case there wouldn't be a possibility of being an insane cop in Guardian's case.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #675 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:31 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

theopor_COD wrote:
Theoville's town mayor Theo leapt out of bed, the sound of the front door swinging open, clutching his face he gasped for breath, seconds later the shots pierced his forehead. The killers grinning had executed their first plan of total domination for the tiny place by the sea. It wasn't long before the population of now twelve heard about the murder, anger rose with retribution sought, 3 looked overly sheepish within the crowd but confident of their plans for total domination of the peaceful seaside hamlet.
The opening post appears to make me think that the mafia shoot their targets .. as for the strangling (weird still for a vig), but doesn't matter because Adel killed BM which is considered a shooting. I think he's making a gambit here, and why was sk ruled out exactly? I've modded games with an sk and 3 mafia, and they've played out fine IMO.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #678 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

There was a shot the first night as well as the second .. right?

Adel is claiming that he killed BM, who was killed by a shot ... Something just isn't fitting into the equation for me.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #681 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:31 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I don't know if it would take all that much of lucky guessing to be truthful, I mean BM was in the hot seat for the most part right before the night struck, and the fact that he didn't participate to most of the players liking before deadline could warrant a few wanting him killed ... It's a stretch by far, but I wouldn't completely rule it out .. I don't know how new Adel is to the game and such, but I give the guy a lot of credit. He's got some skill, IMO.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #700 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:30 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

MeMe wrote:Chaos, Jalyn, Nanook -- please say whether or not you claim to be vigilante.
No vig to be found here .. Try again
adel wrote:Nanook is now my second choice for lynch *cough*vigkill*cough*, after CO
Why?

Even if no one counters Adel .. That would only leave CO left to counter btw, I'm having trouble
following
Adel. The death scenes are screaming something at me, and it's just not adding up in my head.

Adel .. Again, Did you kill on N1 and 2?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #776 (isolation #50) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:59 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, I haven't been able to read the thread in its entirety here, but basically I'm getting that Adel is the vig which confirms YB as cop and Meme as town .. right?

I've had a feeling about Guardian from the beginning and I think I'm going to
Vote: Guardian
.. I could be on the wrong side of the town, but my thoughts from earlier and new thoughts from others combined makes this a better choice, IMO. Plus, between the two wagons, I've really got nothing against CO, so Guardian will be my choice.

I haven't been posting too much recently btw because of sickness and attention needed in games I've been modding.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #807 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

So you're going to come after me .. even if Guardian is scum?

You could see me as possibly being his mate in the game as I've outed his breadcrumbing early on in the game and tried to get him killed, and am now voting him based on prior evidence and thoughts placed in the game?

If guardian is scum, I'm just letting you know now that by killing me you are doing bad things for the town come tomorrow.

If he's town, you might as well go for it as this game is practically dead at that point anyway.

Oh, and I claim townie btw.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #808 (isolation #52) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:05 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:crap.
"fwr. orgNmrglNn bSge ghNofgrkyboiegf Ntaf geNNgtnNk"
also contains "Streeflo"

I take back what I said earlier... let me work on this a little longer. I'll post what I get, and I'll work quickly to beat Theo.
Considering that the only letter capitalized in this message is N .. I'd put my money on it being geared at me.

Again, with Guardian being mafia, and him stating me as the person to kill tonight, don't you think that you wouldn't want to go with what scum has to say?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #811 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:21 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

YagamiLight wrote:There's a capital S.
:oops:

I missed that ..
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #853 (isolation #54) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'm here guys ..

I don't have a pbpa yet on either Jalyn or CO due to their being a busy holiday and what not, I have read the posts for today though.

I can't say which of YB or Streeflo I believe more then the other. YB has been constant with himself being a cop, and Streeflo has been pretty quiet, but his results still sound right to me. I could see Guardian and YB doing a cop/cop gambit only because they seem to be pretty close on the site and if they're mafia I don't think they'd hesitate to perform it.

I can't really defend myself much as I am just a townie with no abilities what so ever. Me outing Guardian proved to be the right thing as he eventually turned up scum. I don't suggest a kill of myself tonight, especially if YB is killed and shows up as scum. Same thing for Streeflo actually as neither of them have total confirmation in my eyes.

As for Adel following what Guardian stated in his post ... I'm still against it, and would be if it were Streeflo and Jalyn's names included in it instead of mine. I don't care how pro-town like he was, I just wouldn't risk it. Also, I know that I'm not scum, and I get vibes that Streeflo isn't either, so I say go with YB, Jalyn, or CO. Of course I'm not going to suggest myself as a lynch.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #881 (isolation #55) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:38 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I've been watching and all, but I haven't really had anything to add. I'm probably next on the block either way we look at it. You'll see when my name reads town that I've been town all along, I see the logic behind me possibly being scum as I outed a player who was making a gambit and what not .. but that really was by coincidence.

I see that Yogurt is lynched ... Let's see what Theopor has got to say.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #898 (isolation #56) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'm not doing any sort of pbpa on these two players ...

I will however take a look at the posts again and see what I can gather, but I doubt highly that it will be much as neither player was ever really active.

As for a defense .. Let me just say first off that I'm absolutely shocked that I'm still standing here as I was sure that Adel would've killed me off. The relations that guardian and I had were pure tom foolery on my part. I should of just stuck to my gun from the beginning and continued to pressure Guardian.

His gambit was a good one, and I couldn't tell at the time if he were lying or not. Then we had another cop claim from YB, which with the timing of it made me feel that he was scummy. Then adel outed himself as vig, followed by streeflo claiming to be a tracker. I had a hard time believing that Adel was the vig due to the way the deaths had been labeled. Nothing really more then that in his regards. Streeflo flew under the radar for most of the game, and when he claimed tracker I knew it had to be either he or YB that was scum. At the time I was more inclined to believe Streeflo as YB couldn't get his story straight. I didn't vote YB because as certain as I was, I had a momentary thought that he may just be who he says he is kind of feeling.

I know it looks like I distanced myself from these players and what not .. but I don't see it as straightforward as that. When I suspect someone in the beginning, I usually try to keep it quiet until I get some real evidence of them lying (which is quite hard on mafiascum for me) before I go off screaming SCUM! My play of style is based solely on instinct, I never really had the intellect for the game that others do.

I can't make a guess between CO and Jalyn right now to save my life .. My gut is telling me Jalyn though based on activity presented by him and Dog_mom.

I'm sticking to the claim that I've had since Day 1 and that's townie.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #905 (isolation #57) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:14 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

If you guys look through that whole me outing the cop bit early on in the game, you'll see that Guardian voted for streeflo (not random voted), This little bit caught my eye, then I saw the breadcrumbing .. which is something that I find to be scummy, so I changed my vote to guardian and went from there. I don't know how else to explain that situation. Obviously it was something that I wasn't to far'fetched about considering that Guardian turned up scum along with Streeflo, it may sound like wifom, but that's what caught my eye so early on in the game.

I'm a little skeptical of ChaosOmega right now only because up until his 32nd post he either defended me, or was on my side so to speak .. suddenly, that wasn't the case anymore, just threw me off I guess.

Jayln, I don't what to say any further to you then what I already have .. I can't defend the Guardian thing any more then I already have and the pbpa thing really isn't my style .. I know I considered doing one, but I came back and stated that it wasn't going to happen.

I've read through both of your posts, and nothing really strikes me as odd as both of you helped lynch streeflo and guardian.

CO has been pretty consistent in the game, except for the early point I stated. Jalyn is harder for me to read as he replaced later in the game and has few posts, I was not suspicious of Dogmom as much so as others, so if I had to vote right now, it would be ChaosOmega.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #910 (isolation #58) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

You're making the wrong move ... *Waits for Jalyn to pounce*,

Sorry if I wasn't a good town player in this situation, but I have a hard time analyzing players who replace into a game and/or don't really post in the game.

I leaned towards both of you being scum .. both more so then the other and so forth, so congrats to the scum for their victory on this one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”