Mafia 62: Suspicion in Sicily - Game over!

Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Jalyn »

There's good and bad about replacing in this early. There's not 25+ pages of argument to read and analyze. That's both the good and the bad.

I'd have to say that I noticed two things:

a) When Pheobus said:
at the risk of sounding repetitive, when i'm voting you because you can be a troll, can you please give me reasons not to vote you, without calling me names?
He wasn't actually voting for cubsfan4ever.

b) as soon as DragonPheonix talked about how fast the cubsfan4ever bandwagon was moving, it almost immediately starting reversing and TS started to go up.

Hmm. Thinking about it.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Jalyn »

Well, it's not my fault that whoever decided on the spelling of the word had no base understanding of phonetics.

(Alternate answer: Doh! Sorry)
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Jalyn »

~N9V~ wrote:Whenever I vote because of a wagon, it is always the last person to jump on that I vote for.
Raffles wrote:How on Earth do you justify he's the last person to join the band wagon, when you don't even give more than 2 HOURS before someone else joins a bandwagon? There are 18 players in this game, I would consider a day just about too short to justify that decision.
~N9V~ wrote:And yes, Panzerjager was last to join, and he was last to join before I posted. Noone else has jumped on the bandwagon, so my vote stays.
Raffles objection here is ludicrious. ~N9V~ (I HATE typing that!) didn't say that he would vote for the absolute last person that would ever put a vote on a bandwagon. He would never be able to vote if that was his criteria. (Jalyn voted! But someone might vote after her, better wait!) He said that he placed a vote for the last person to have voted on the bandwagon. Which is exactly what he did.

Personally, I'd say that making someone out to be a liar for crap reasons is the most suspicious thing I've seen in this thread.
Vote:Raffles
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Jalyn »

Raffles wrote: Think of it this way, there's a school cantene and serving has just started. 5 minutes in, queues are starting to form. Would you honestly call the last person in the queue after 5 minutes the last person who gets served? Of course not. You'd wait out until the queue has reached it's full length, and once the queue has started shrining, then you could be right in saying the last person in that queue could be the last one to get served.
No, but I would say that they were currently the last person in line. And claiming that that was crap, because there might be more people that would get in line, would not change the fact that they were indeed currently the last person in the line.

And how does this analogy possibly relate to a mafia bandwagon? If it gets big enough, it doesn't shrink, it kills someone. There's not (at least at this point) a time limit to where, 5 minutes before service stops, you can jump and say "HIM! He'll be last!"

N9V voted for the last person, before he posted to jump on a bandwagon. He didn't claim that that would be the last person to every vote for the person. Claiming that he did indeed claim that is crap.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Jalyn »

Raffles, I can't figure out if you are deliberately missing my point or not.

~N9V~, I didn't mean "Claim" as in role claim, just what you "claimed" your reasoning for the vote to be. Make sense?
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Jalyn »

The last few pages of this thread seem to be more about how to play mafia then any actual playing of mafia.

Hollywoody, as to the actual theory that you proposed... I thought it was well spoken and the attention to detail was great - both things that make mafia much more enjoyable for me, so thanks. I do think that catching a 4 person scum group based on their blatent interaction on day 1 is a tad unlikely. Especially when you're talking about people experienced enough to know that even if no one caught them at the time, those first pages will be reread further into the game and could be used to catch them. So, it's something to keep in mind, but I wouldn't consider it evidence of anything at this point.

As for my vote, I'm happy with where it is at the moment.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by Jalyn »

I think the one thing you are missing, hollywoody, is that a vote or two for someone does not necessarily mean that the person voting wants them to be lynched. At least, at this stage of the game. Early votes when it takes a lot to lynch are more about drawing attention to the person or gathering a reaction from other people.
For instance, someone might vote for a minor reason and then note how many people vote the person based on their reasoning.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:13 am

Post by Jalyn »

Prodded. Sorry for not posting, I've been reading along, but don't see anything to make me want to change my vote.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Jalyn »

kinkster wrote:why is it essential I use proper grammer and punctuation u can follow what ive written well wnough to vote for me.
To be bluntly honest, no I can't. It took me much less time to digest and understand the entire hollywoody/Yos/Primate posts on page 10 than it takes for me to comprehend what you mean in a short post.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Jalyn »

Kinkster, I definitely did NOT call you stupid and didn't intend that in any way. I know plenty of smart people that don't take the time to type in an intelligible way. Some of these people happen to be people that I love and care about - I still tell them that I can't interpret their writing. [/completely off topic]

I would like an actual explaination of that vote from Panzerjager.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Jalyn »

Where has kinkster contradicted himself?

I just feel like this is a really easy bandwagon based on player style rather than any obvious scumminess from the poster. This isn't necessarily as true from the posters early on the bandwagon - I'll go back and look when I have time, but I'm concerned about everyone later than Pheobus. Concerned enough to
unvote
and
vote hollywoody1221
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Jalyn »

hollywoody1221 wrote:
kinkster wrote:
VitaminR wrote:
Vote: kinkster

Didn't like his vote on DP at all. Nor his vote on Phoebus.

I don't think there's anything scummy about what TS did. Overtly pushing a wagon Day 1 is not what scum does. It's counter-productive.
My vote on phoebus in my opinion was justified his vote against mole purley on the basis that he dislikes him is suspicious.

nice way to introduce ureself to the game tho vitamin no real basis for your vote and no explanation other than I dont like it

fos : ViaminR
Jalyn rephrasing kinkster wrote:I feel my vote on Pheobus was justified as his voting for mole simply becuase he dislikes him is suspicious. Also, nice way to introduce yourself to the game, VitaminR. There is no real basis for your vote and you give no explaination other than disliking it*

* Jalyn notes - I'm not sure what "it" refers to in this instance.
kinkster wrote: Ok so u did it to stir discussion and discussion is what ive continued I dont know u or mole couldnt careless if u dislike him or not fact of the matter ure now getting angry and agitated by my coments.

Also why would you defend VitaminR is he ure scum buddy ?
Jalyn rephrases kinkster wrote: OK, so you voted mole in order to stir discussion. I've continued that discussion. I don't know you or mole and couldn't care less if you dislike him ot not - the fact of the matter is that you are now becoming angry and agigitated by my comments.

Also, why would you defend VitaminR? Is he your scum buddy?
If he couldn't care less that Phoebus disliked mole for disliking him, how is he justified by doing the same thing? Actually, Phoebus already said most of this on post 200.

Then, around post 228, he states that he dislikes me for using the phrase 'allies'. I already talked about this in at least one of my posts, and don't wish to do it again.

Also, as in my first long post, I stated I was unsure of kinkster's scumminess merely because he was disagreeing with DP and phoebus, who I thought were scum. So, I've obviously changed my opinion. I still think there may be something with DP, phoebus, yosarian, primate; but it may be town trying to stick together, as they stated.
How is he doing the same thing as Pheobus voting mole for disliking him? He started by saying that he didn't think voting for personal reasons was appropriate and then moved to "I don't actually care if you like him or not, I don't like the way you've responded to what I have to say"

There's a lot of people who didn't like the way you threw around "allies."

hollywoody1221 wrote:
kinkster wrote:
thats the most sensilble thing written over the last few pages, seems to me one or 2 are going out of there way to completley confuse matters with long unessesary posts not saying its scummy just in some respects unessessary.

as for my vote im unsure at the moment hollywood raised one or 2 half decent theories and if hes to be followed then DP looks a good bet , but he also made a few mistakes which throws some suspicion his way as well.

Im well aware that im on 4 and by not voting may throw further suspicion my way but im gonna hold until tomorrow when i can re read some of the posts
Jalyn rephrasing kinkster wrote:That is the most sensible thing written in the last few pages. It seems to me that one or two people are going out of their way to completely confuse matters with long unnecessary posts. I'm not saying that it is scummy, just, in some respects, unnecessary.

As for my vote, I'm unsure at the moment. Hollywoody raised one or two halfway decent theories and if he is correct, than voting for DP looks like the correct move, but he also made a few mistakes, which also means he is slightly suspicious.

I'm well aware that I have 4 votes and that not voting may make me look more suspicious, but I'm going to hold off until tomorrow when I can reread some of the posts.
Firstly, he does not wait until tomorrow to cast his vote, but that's small potatoes. He says that I raise some decent theories, but contradicts himself by saying DP looks like a good bet. Then he states that he knows this will draw suspicion. By saying that, he hopes it won't, so he can stay safely anonymous. Then, in his next statement.
By "good bet," he very obviously, to me at least, meant DP could be a good place for a vote - you know, that you had raised some decent theories. Also, I would hope that not waiting until the next real time day to post again even though he says he won't wouldn't be suspcious. I often find more time than I thought to handle something. Or I stay up writing something when I should be in bed, like this post.

hollywoody1221 wrote:
kinkster wrote:ok been back and reread the whole thread my suspicions still lie where they did id be very surprised if one of dp/phoebus wasnt scum if in fact both of them arnt

for now
vote cubsfan4ever
im not convinced on the ts bandwagon and cubs 5th vote on her isnt convincing me at the moment
Jalyn rephrasing kinkster wrote:OK. I've gone back and reread the whole thread. My suspiciouns* haven't changed. I would be very surprised if one of DP/Pheobus was not scum. In fact, I'd be surprised if they both weren't.

For now,
vote cubsfan4ever
. I'm not convinced on the TS bandwagon and cubs 5th vote on her is not convincing me at the moment.

*AACK! It's contagious. I, at this moment, have no idea how to spell this word!
So he says that DP most assuredly is not scum, and that phoebus, who was arguably very against kinkster, as seen numerous times, is also not scum.
Finally, I cannot stand reading his posts. They contain few grammatical punctuation, and it merely serves to make himself ambiguous.
Come on! He says that DP & Pheobus probably are scum, but that he's going to vote for cubsfan because he didn't like the 5th vote for ToasterStrudel.

For crying out loud, kinksters' posts are difficult to comprehend but not completely unintelligable and you've managed to completely "misunderstand" him at least twice. That's unreasonable.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by Jalyn »

Also, kinkster, to try and be more helpful than my "brutally honest" post, I'm not concerned about bad grammar, personally - I can usually handle it. It would be helpful to see capitalization and punctuation and to drop the abreviations. (ie: "you're" instead of "ur")
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Jalyn »

Where do you think the translation was off? And how does one summarize posts with three sentences in them?

As for why I care:

1. My last two posts addressed directly to kinkster should show why. I don't
being thought of as someone that calls people I don't know stupid, destroys their enjoyment in a game and drives them from the board. I've tried, since my bluntly honest post, to try a more constructive approach.

2. Hollywoody quoted the posts and then gave them completely different meanings in her analysis.

I mean how do you possibly take "id be very surprised if one of dp/phoebus wasnt scum" to mean "DP most assuredly is not scum, and that phoebus, who was arguably very against kinkster, as seen numerous times, is also not scum." ??
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Jalyn »

Bah! Go Tow - err... Us!
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Jalyn »

Well, I'm glad to know that the SK took me out as opposed to being vigged for being too nice.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”