Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Glork wrote:Still, do you realize the plethora of cats who have been shown on America's Funniest Videos? Easily hundreds, possibly thousands at this point.
Zwell, Tuffie's the one I am.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:18 am

Post by Glork »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Glork wrote:"Glork Scum" implies that I figured that my scumgroup could win given a mislynch on Pooky today.
So you are admitting that you KNOW that lynching Pooky would be a mislynch? You KNOW that Pooky is innocent? Doesn't that mean you're scum?
No. In those posts, I am analyzing the implications of what would happen if hypothetical GlorkScum were to go after a hypothetical mislynch on Pooky. Thus,
for that hypothetical situation, I would have to assume that lynching Pooky would be a mislynch.
:roll:

You are ignoring the context of "mislynch on Pooky" entirely. I am talking about the hypothetical scenario which Pooky suggested and Skruffs explained.

DGB wrote:But earlier today, you qualified Pooky's post as "spin" which means you were casting suspicion on him. Only scum would cast suspicion on a known innocent, a cop would never do that. And you voted for Pooky!!! Early on, too.
1) He's not a "known innocent." I have no idea where you got this notion, unless it's from your flawed assumption above.
2) I was labeling his post as "spin" because he was trying to make my investigation look like a gambit.
DGB wrote:...and Glork supports him by saying my name is wrong, and I am not famous, when I have been on a popular TV show. And WITHOUT DOING PROPER RESEARCH or reading on the link I've already posted twice (and a third time today)
I *did* look at the video; I just accidentally had my volume muted. I still maintain that being on AFV does not necessarily make a cat famous, though I now understand where you got "Tuffie the Stunt Cat" from.

DGB wrote:
vote: Glork
- and the other scum is Nai.
Does this mean you believe that there are only two scums left? How did you arrive at this conclusion?
Why would I go for a "mislynch" on Pooky if I were one of only two scums left?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:22 am

Post by Miztef »

So, I have some really important information.

I got to investigate a person last night (one-shot ability). So I'll go right out and say

Glork is "Fred the Undercover Kitty". He is Pro-town.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Primate »

What was the flavour behind you investigating Glork last night?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:28 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I knew it

Miztef=Glork's buddy

Nai is innocent.

I'll spell their plan right out for you guys.

I have several things that I am using to figure out the true intent behind their villainous plan.

1)The town is completely filled with power roles and I mean absolutely stuffed, I believe the scum have similar power roles to fight back against the town. I believe 1 of these abilities involves the message sending that Glork has been setting up from day 1. The 2nd involves some kind of kill prevention such as either a roleblock or a nightkill immunity that prevents TheoVig from making a kill on Glork.(This makes LOTS of sense because that's the only reason the scum would go after some random rich cat instead of an actual power role liike Theo, since it's much more likely that the cat who already is rich has any additional power behind it, how does it make sense to shoot that rather than the town vig? I posit that Glork convinced his scum group to leave theo alive SPECIFICALLY in order to have that argument of not possibly gambitting to get me killed with his fake cop investigation which he's been setting up since day 1)

2) Here's the sequence of events that Glorkscum and Co. hoped to unleash on us.

Lynch Pooky-> 8 alive, kill and block Theo=> 7 alive, quicklynch RIGHT away on Nai(who takes half the votes to lynch)=>6 alive=>kill at night=>5 alive 3 scum= Scum WIN.

Oh and also don't forget to throw in the fakeclaim from the buddy who says Glork=Undercover Kitty who can't possibly be scum to reinforce it.

THEY ARE GOING ALL OUT AFTER ME.

He's trying to package it as an obvious not gambit by trying to say that this is NOT endgame.

Here's the catch... it IS endgame and if we let him fool us here we lose.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:33 am

And yes Glork I am saying you acted like that day one ON PURPOSE.

IF YOU OPEN UP VIEW POSTS BY AND CHOOSE GLORK AND READ HIS DAY ONE MESSAGES.

I believe they are DESIGNED to create MAXIMUM confusion among the town and to provoke reactions. I highly highly believe that this is a setup con job,

Glork saying that he has a terrible history of fakeclaiming and showing us those games is a HORRIBLE excuse. He did not HAVE a message sneding role as scum to fakeclaim WITH in those games. Fakeclaiming is a LOT easier when the mod ships you a provable power role ALONG with your scum role, those examples are NOT valid because similar circumstances simply DONT apply.

It's like saying that because Lance Armstrong won the Tour De France that he could duplicate the feat in the Amazon River Basin with rowboat, the ROLES ARE FAR TOO DIFFERENT TO BE COMPARABLE. Glork's excuses are PURE crap.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Primate »

I don't think there's any harm in treating today like a lynch or lose. Nobodies rushing anything.

I am debating whether it would be a good idea for the person responsible for the second kill night 1 to step forward. We know it wasn't Theo, so it's either second vig, which is fair enough, or an SK, which we need to know the existence of, even if it isn't prudent to lynch him today,

I can't remember Glorks investigation results. Could he repeat them please?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:36 am

and just LOOK at the timing of Miztef's comment.

it absolutely REEKS of "holy shit, my scumpartner is under attack and our plan to fool the town and waltz away with a win have been completely broken in half by the fact that this town happens to be full of VERY smart people. time to throw in the "i have role information that says glork is innocent" card"

This is how you know scum are desperate and trying to push that last yard to victory

when they start making crap up off the top of their head.

Town Miztef would NEVER have picked that timing to make his claim.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:36 am

ZIf the one-shot investigation ability came from me, as the double-vote, it does look like I am distributing some pretty awesome goodies, mmmm, catnip.

Good to know for tonight.

Now, let's suppose for an instant that the one-shot investigation fell into the hands of scum... what then?

Glork, who is claiming cop, came against two townies VERY STRONGLY in the first two days. Yet now on the third, he claims to have a guilty, and, coincidentally, Miztef has an "innocent" on Glork. And they arrange from Nai to cast suspicion on me with Glork's assistance.

This is one diabolical scumscheme. You'll be shoe-in's for a Scummie Award.

I think the scum is Glork, Miztef and Nai.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:39 am

Look guys

you have to realize

that the mafia

ACTIVELY CHOSE

to not kill carbon or primate

when they are pretty much asconfirmed as they can get

and choose to blow massive's brains out instead.

IF THIS IS NOT THE PICTURE OF A MAFIA ON THE BRINK OF VICTORY I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHAT IT WOULD BE THEN.

THEY CHOSE TO
NOT
KILL CONFIRMED INNOCENTS OR GO AFTER THE DOC IN ORDER TO GET A GURANTEED NIGHTKILL ON SOMEONE WHO NOBODY WOULD THINK WOULD GET KILLED!!!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:40 am

God and look at the timing of Glork's guilty

he just HAPPENS to get 2 innocents and on the crucial day when the scum can sneak a win out with a mislynch he GETS THE GUILTY.

AS SUSPECTED

WHAT CRAP HE IS SO BLOWING SMOKE
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:41 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Glork saying that he has a terrible history of fakeclaiming and showing us those games is a HORRIBLE excuse.
Zyes, that bit of unglorklike false modesty made the hair rise in the back of my neck, too.

Claims of incompetence, especially coming from Glork, are indicative of manipulative scheming.

I'm telling you. It's like shooting fish in a barrel today.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:43 am

Just look for a second what type of power the town has.

and then think for a second that Glork is saying that IF THE SCUM HAPPEN TO BE COMPLETELY POWERLESS AND A STANDARD THREE PERSON GROUP THEN THIS IS NOT LYNCH OR LOSE AND IT IS SAFE TO LYNCH POOKY.

Just think for a second how likely it is that Bertrand armed the town to the bloody teeth with power and decided to make scum standard.

and then think, WHY WOULD GLORK USE SUCH AN OBVIOUSLY FLAWED ARGUMENT?

Answer is simple, he is trying to get away with one last mislynch.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:51 am

and seriously think

if a person is terrible at one thing(which glork claims is fakeclaiming as scum)

would that person decide to continue being horrible at it or WORK REALLY REALLY HARD ON DOING IT BLOODY SPECTACULARLY WELL THE NEXT TIME?

Now we all know what type of EFFORT glork puts into a mafia game and how bloody serious this game is to him(he won !@#$ing paragon of mafia hunters for chrissake)

Does it REALLY make any sense that Glork would choose to continue being absolutely horrid at fakeclaiming as scum OR would it make A LOT MORE SENSE THAT HE IS TRYING TO DO MUCH MUCH BETTER?!

I think the later applies here, THIS IS GLORK'S ATTEMPT TO GET MUCH MUCH BETTER AT FAKECLAIMING. it is an ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE in the sense that he was able to get away with pushing for wrong lynches on the first 2 days and STILL come out firing on day 3 with a fake investigation and tons of crap from day 1 that he claims somehow proves his innocence.(honestly how does pretending to be confused prove your innocence? I can understand it from a green newb but from the Paragon of Mafia Hunters?)

Think for a second what Glork would be more likely to do, continue sucking at fakeclaiming or begin actually working on pulling off a REALLY good one.

You'll come to the same conclusion as me.

THIS
IS
HIS REALLY GOOD ONE.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:58 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:THEY CHOSE TO
NOT
KILL CONFIRMED INNOCENTS OR GO AFTER THE DOC IN ORDER TO GET A GURANTEED NIGHTKILL ON SOMEONE WHO NOBODY WOULD THINK WOULD GET KILLED!!!
Zyeah, what's up with that...

But remember how Glork claimed on Day 2?

He VOLUNTEERED to claim, out of boredom. He claimed "Message-Sender." But also he wrote: "As long as one of them asks about the character/alignment in question, I will be told whether my target is legitimate or not." So ***if*** he chooses to ask about the alignemnt, he is told if it's true or not!!!

By George, Glork is right, his fake claims ARE terrible.

I mean, how can you read that crazy post:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 763#598763 and not know that Glork is claiming Flying Pumpkin Shooting Lasers???

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Primate »

Pooky wrote:Look guys

you have to realize

that the mafia

ACTIVELY CHOSE

to not kill carbon or primate

when they are pretty much asconfirmed as they can get

and choose to blow massive's brains out instead.

IF THIS IS NOT THE PICTURE OF A MAFIA ON THE BRINK OF VICTORY I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHAT IT WOULD BE THEN.

THEY CHOSE TO NOT KILL CONFIRMED INNOCENTS OR GO AFTER THE DOC IN ORDER TO GET A GURANTEED NIGHTKILL ON SOMEONE WHO NOBODY WOULD THINK WOULD GET KILLED!!!
I was pretty much vouching for Massive's innocence, and certainly his role. He was sufficiently confirmed as to be unlynchable. There's no discernable difference between 100% confirmed and 95% confirmed. And He, unlike me and Zindie, can actually
do
something, so I don't think it's that unorthodox a choice at all.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:00 am

God DGB I would kiss you right now if it wasn't for the fact that we're on opposite sides of the world.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:44 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:God DGB I would kiss you right now if it wasn't for the fact that we're on opposite sides of the world.
*Zhuggles*

But really we should be kissing the ground Glork walks on, for making it so deliriously easy.

Though it is a masterpiece, and I want to reward it somehow, I do not buy the Flying Pumpkin act and his tightly-scripted sidekicks.

Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Miztef »

omg, thats alot of posting.

Anyway, the flavor behind my investigation is such:

I am Socks, Bill Clinton's Cat.

Buddy the Dog took my place and I was really pissed off. So I spent my nights plotting revenege on said dog. When the dog dies, I get one investigation, representing that I don't waste my time on plotting revenge anymore, but on useful things.

I also was friends with Slippers, who I was a mason with.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:26 am

and the sidekick spews out a ton of even more random stuff right on cue...
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Miztef »

pooky, it isn't random. Primate asked. :|
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:37 am

I meant completely unbelievable stuff.

I know the "make up lots of junk so that they will believe you because noone makes up that much random junk" technique when I see it.

another mason pair? pssh! do you really expect us to believe this?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Miztef »

Well, this is a pretty random game overall.

That's just the truth. I will not be voting Glork because of that investigation. I don't care what horrible crazy plan he has. I suppose my investigation could be incorrect, but I think that's going a bit over the line, even for this game.

I'm not sure if it's actually true historically that socks was friends with slippers or whatnot but that's how it is in my flavour text.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:37 am

you realize that if your role is valid then we know that there are FIVE masons:

1)Slippers
2)Socks
3)Buddy(Since you KNOW he's in the game, he's as good as a confirmed innocent since a bloody DOG cant possibly actually be an ANIMATED CAT)
4)Carbon Copy
5)Zindaras.

Add to the fact that there's Massive/Primate since Primate can confirm massive since massive is the one with huge amounts of money and primate can beconfirmed by being lynched.

do you realize just how horribly stacked the game would have to be for this claim to be true?

We could've just mass claimed and won on turn 1?

Do you honestly expect a setup that's been through thorough REVIEW to be gameable in this manner?

I certainly don't!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hmmm...
On one side we have Glork and Mistef
On the other we have Pookie and DGB...

As far as I can tell, Nai is *probably* town, the way that both sides are using her as a chess piece with her half-votes thing.
As far as I can tell, Primate and Carbon Copy are probably both town because their other halves have died and stuff...
As far as I am aware, there is some kind of randomizer in town, I think.

Aight, well, If I got something frmo DGB last night, DGB is *probably* town, or else it's more bastard moddery than I thought.

I'm thinking about the game and how the only person who can be sure, so far, of who they targetted, is Glork. Nobody else can actually prove wether or not their targets succeedded/failed/etc except mafia and priamte with his requests to MAssive.

Thinking abuot it, I can kind of understand why scum would want to cut off funding to an effectively unkillable townie, But, at end game it doesn't matter how many lives primate has, so it was actually a dumb choice. I'm curious now about who was asking yesterady about what else massive could do - it could have been fishing. Worth looking up.

Glorok, I'm sorry that I came accross as godfather-looking for you for thinking more about the game than an immediate claimed guilty. If it matters, I believe that you are a cop.

Pooky, is there any reason you would have gotten "Scum" on his investigation on you? Are you an SK? Are you a neutral survivor?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”