Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hmm.
other thing is that mistef's claim suggests the dog was an SK - unfortunately there is no role information about what roles people are, so, there's no way of knowing right now.

I May or may not have killed the SK, I don't know. :(
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:13 am

Post by Primate »

So you're claiming a n1 kill then, Skruffs?

Not an attack, just want clarification.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:45 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

there is absolutely no way I could possibly be guilty on any investigation in any manner shape or form.

Glork is scum.

Die Glork Die.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm not claiming it , because I don't know if I did it. I do know I targetted Phoebus though. Well, my predecessor did. Nobody else has claimed to have, so. : P
I'm Data's Cat from Star Trek, Next Generations... which was sometimes a cat, sometimes an iguana, sometimes a different cat, etc.
I'm like a blind joat. I don't know what I've done so far, except, I targetted Phoebus two nights in a row - the first night I got an inspection on myself (town), the second night phoebus died and I got a letter, the third night I targetted Theo and got a (as far as I am aware) permanent ability to use on top of what I already have.
So I am guessing that Phoebus was some sort of reflector, or randomizer. But he's dead, and things are still being mixed around, so, I think that someone else msut be the cause of it.

Anyways, I have a tendency to claim when I don't need to but if it helps figure things out, then...
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:10 am

Post by Primate »

1. theopor_COD - Vigtype
4. Skruffs - BlindJoat
6. Primate - Lifer
7. Nai
9. Glork - Cop/Daysceneposter/Messegesender
10. Miztef - Masontype lyncher, got investigation
11. PookyTheMagicalBear - Inventor
12. DrippingGoofball- Inventor
13. Carbon Copy - Lifer

Few questions

@Glork: Do you write the post in the dayscene
and
write a letter?

@Skruffs: Isn't Data's cat a fictional cat? It's certainly not a real cat. Also, why did you target yourself with a random ability night 0?

@Pooky: Would you mind giving me the full list of your nightchoices again please?

@Nai/CopyZindie: You the guy I met in an ally?

@Everyone: Correct me if I'm wrong regarding anything here. Also, I would like a list of all night actions everyone has made so far. Given the amount of claims circulating, most at the minute are annoyingly vague.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yeah I know..
Primate - Real cat, from video. Not animated. Definitely 3-D. I did not target myself, look again. I targeted Phoebus and got a message wherein I showed up as town in a cop investigation.

The reason I asked Theo why he didn't kill PRimate was because I was pretty sure he was going to, and I'm wondering if I roleblocked him last night. If I did, he hasn't fessed up to it. So.

List:
N0 - Phoebus - Received a cop inspect on myself. (Cop)
N1 - Phoebus - Received a letter from Glork, Phoebus died. (Vig?)
N2 - Theo - Received permanent ability, Theo 'didn't kill'. (Roleblock/Doctor?)

I'm really REALLY not liking the way Pooky is just making assumptions about the layout of the game and what the mod would be likely to have done. Mistef has claimed the equivalent of a pro-town lyncher, and if Phoebus was in fact SK, it's just weird.

I think it's going to come down to looking abck and seeing who was actually pushing for scummy things. I really think lynching Primate yesterday was a bad idea, and I'm really suspicious of Theo for just double voting him like that. Voting Zindaras day one was also a bad idea.

Carbon copy has been incredibly quiet since day one, then. did that abilty you got help you figure anything out?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

WHen did Pooky claim in ventor?
Mistef, why did you inspect Glork, since you were saying yesterday that you thought he was pretty pro-town then?
Wouldn't cops want to clear/guiltify people they thought were suspicious? Why waste it on someone you are already pretty sure about?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Primate »

It's not a case of real vs. animated, though, it's Fictional vs. Non-fictional. And your cat is undisputedly fictional.

Do you know what the permanent ability you gained does? Can you use it in addition to your BlindJoat?

Still don't reckon Phoebes was the SK, btw. I'm not hugely convinced either way, though.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Primate »

I was under the impression Pooky claimed inventor at some point. If I'm wrong and he hasn't claimed yet, then he should do so immediatly.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Skruffs »

ABSOLUTELY WRONG, PRIMATE.
"Real, furry, breathing cats.
But a group of two-dimentional felines are trying to get all of the real
cats out of the town in order to make animated/cartoon cats Minto's
favorite pet. "

The character is fictional, yes, but the cat was real furry and breathing and videoaped, so it was not an animated or cartoon cat. The fact that sometimes a lizard was videotaped instead of a cat does not make the cat itself less real.
GRRRRR.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Primate »

ur face is an animated cat >=(

(you're not wrong though)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Skruffs »

D: nuuuuuuu what have you done to me
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:42 am

Dalton the Wonder Cat.

I can do ANYTHING.

universal replacement.

didn't replace anyone yet because there's nothing really juicy out there that I think would be useful.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Primate »

what have you had the option of replacing? Everyone who's died so far?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Glork »

Primate:
I investigated Thesp N1 (he confirmed that the answers in the dayscene were his). Thesp was not evil.
I investigated DP/Skruffs N2 (Skruffs has confirmed that he recieved a message from him, and that DP's response was in the dayscene). DP/Skruffs was not evil.
I investigated Pooky last night; the reply in the dayscene is his. I don't know if Pooky will confirm this or not, but that's what I did. Pooky is evil.
Pooky -- Did you recieve the message which I sent you last night? Are those *YOUR* responses in the dayscene?

I have no direct effect on the dayscene. The letters found are my targets' own responses to the questions which I sent them.

Pooky's assumption that this alleged gambit involves roleblocking or unnightkillability holds no water. However, it cannot be disproven... it's an incredibly convenient "explanation" as to "Glorkscum's plan," and it's really the only thing that Pooky (whether scum or town) can possibly give.

If there are any other regular cops out there,
NOW
is the time to be coming out and counterclaiming me. Go ahead. I dare you. Pooky? Are you going to try to counterclaim me at this point?

Pooky, explain
how
and
why
you feel that my messages from D1 were designed to "create maximum confusion." Just yelling it in all-caps is not going to convince anybody of anything.

You claim that "town Miztef" would never reveal his investigation at this time. When would you suggest that "town Miztef" reveal his investigation result?

Pooky's claim that "killing massive instead of Primate or Carbon Copy" makes no sense... is horribly flawed. As Primate said, Massive was practically confirmed as an unlynchable innocent, and he could have kept on feeding Primate new lives. I think that made the
most
sense as a kill choice, since it minimized the ability of prove pro-town players to continue to live.

And all the while, Pooky is spewing shit like "if this isn't the image of scum on the brink of victory, I don't know what is.
Pooky, cut the rhetoric. You're not going to savvy-talk your way out of anything. Provide hard evidence to support your wild theories, or it will come down to one player's word against another. And, given that I have a proven message-sending ability and no apparent counterclaim to my Cop role, along with a wiki'd
actual Famous Cat
as my rolename, I think that evidence is on my side right now.

DGB's theory about Glork/Nai/Miztef being the scumgroup holds
ZERO
ground, because
if Nai were scum, then quicklynching him tomorrow would just be lynching a scumbag -- which would not win us the game.

Pooky, please claim your rolename, any/all abilities you have had during the game, when you have had them and used them, which players you have used them on, and what results (if applicable) came from your use-of-abilities. Do so immediately, as your very next post, before you say anything else. I find it very surprising that, for somebody who has a guilty result claimed against you, you're just yelling about how I must be scum and not even trying to actually defend yourself, your role, or your behavior. Do you really expect all of this "GLORK IS GAMBITING SCUM" shouting to actually convince anybody (other than possibly DGB) that you're right and I'm wrong?

EDIT: Okay, so Pooky has claimed since I began my response. In spite of the fact that NaiTown implies we are at potential LyLo, you have chosen not to replace anybody so far. Why not? You say you're waiting for a "juicy" ability, but what would it matter if you were KILLED or ENDGAMED
before you ever got to take a player's ability
?
Can you give us any more flavor than "doing ANYTHING"? According to Wikipedia, Dalton was the author of "My Litter Box is Dirty," and a television host. How does this translate into the ability to do ANYTHING?

Also, I believe that this means everyone has claimed. Pooky, are you insinuating that in a game where (according to you) scum have provable powers, the town has ZERO method-of-investigation to discern these powers other than a blind investigation and an Inventor's investigation (courtesy of DGB) which may not even fall into the town's hands? How do you feel this would affect the balance of the game?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:19 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Holy shit. No posts for weeks than a marathon in a day, give me some time to digest things.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:23 am

IF HALF OF THE BLOODY TOWN IS MASONED UP ACCORDING TO YOUR VISION OF HOW THINGS ARE THEN THE TOWN DOESNT NEED ANY BLOODY INVESTIGATIONS!!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Glork »

So, in a bastard-modded game, you're assuming that there could not possibly be any scum-masons?

That hardly seems like a reasonable assumption to make.

Miztef: Did either you or Thesp breadcrumb masonry at all? Could you talk overnight as normal masons do? Did the mod guarantee Thesp's innocence to you?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:34 am

Glork wrote:Primate:
I investigated Thesp N1 (he confirmed that the answers in the dayscene were his). Thesp was not evil.
I investigated DP/Skruffs N2 (Skruffs has confirmed that he recieved a message from him, and that DP's response was in the dayscene). DP/Skruffs was not evil.
I investigated Pooky last night; the reply in the dayscene is his. I don't know if Pooky will confirm this or not, but that's what I did. Pooky is evil.
Pooky -- Did you recieve the message which I sent you last night? Are those *YOUR* responses in the dayscene?

Of course they are

I have no direct effect on the dayscene. The letters found are my targets' own responses to the questions which I sent them.

Pooky's assumption that this alleged gambit involves roleblocking or unnightkillability holds no water. However, it cannot be disproven... it's an incredibly convenient "explanation" as to "Glorkscum's plan," and it's really the only thing that Pooky (whether scum or town) can possibly give.

And you want us to believe scum have no such abilities against an absolutely loaded town, which is more believable Glork? honestly?

If there are any other regular cops out there,
NOW
is the time to be coming out and counterclaiming me. Go ahead. I dare you. Pooky? Are you going to try to counterclaim me at this point?

I already claimed wiseguy...

Pooky, explain
how
and
why
you feel that my messages from D1 were designed to "create maximum confusion." Just yelling it in all-caps is not going to convince anybody of anything.

Right because questioning the difference between famous versus non famous real cats isn't confusing at all

You claim that "town Miztef" would never reveal his investigation at this time. When would you suggest that "town Miztef" reveal his investigation result?

Beginning of Day, basically ASAP, it's a one shot ability, why wouldn't you reveal right away?

Pooky's claim that "killing massive instead of Primate or Carbon Copy" makes no sense... is horribly flawed. As Primate said, Massive was practically confirmed as an unlynchable innocent, and he could have kept on feeding Primate new lives. I think that made the
most
sense as a kill choice, since it minimized the ability of prove pro-town players to continue to live.

how does Primate living matter in endgame? he's less confirmed because he could still be scum giving cash to look innocent

And all the while, Pooky is spewing shit like "if this isn't the image of scum on the brink of victory, I don't know what is.
Pooky, cut the rhetoric. You're not going to savvy-talk your way out of anything. Provide hard evidence to support your wild theories, or it will come down to one player's word against another. And, given that I have a proven message-sending ability and no apparent counterclaim to my Cop role, along with a wiki'd
actual Famous Cat
as my rolename, I think that evidence is on my side right now.

Cuz your theories aren't wild at all? look at the three reasons you've given for the hyposituation. complete crap. You won't fakeclaim well because you haven't fakeclaimed well as scum in the past? how the hell does that even make sense? Proven message sending ability means NOTHING in a game like this

DGB's theory about Glork/Nai/Miztef being the scumgroup holds
ZERO
ground, because
if Nai were scum, then quicklynching him tomorrow would just be lynching a scumbag -- which would not win us the game.

I'm obviously not agreeing with the DGB theory

Pooky, please claim your rolename, any/all abilities you have had during the game, when you have had them and used them, which players you have used them on, and what results (if applicable) came from your use-of-abilities. Do so immediately, as your very next post, before you say anything else. I find it very surprising that, for somebody who has a guilty result claimed against you, you're just yelling about how I must be scum and not even trying to actually defend yourself, your role, or your behavior. Do you really expect all of this "GLORK IS GAMBITING SCUM" shouting to actually convince anybody (other than possibly DGB) that you're right and I'm wrong?

Again I already did

EDIT: Okay, so Pooky has claimed since I began my response. In spite of the fact that NaiTown implies we are at potential LyLo, you have chosen not to replace anybody so far. Why not? You say you're waiting for a "juicy" ability, but what would it matter if you were KILLED or ENDGAMED
before you ever got to take a player's ability
?
Can you give us any more flavor than "doing ANYTHING"? According to Wikipedia, Dalton was the author of "My Litter Box is Dirty," and a television host. How does this translate into the ability to do ANYTHING?

ok wiseguy, which player would you have replaced? what looks useful in that graveyard? I'm the wondercat, that means I can do anything that needs to be done

Also, I believe that this means everyone has claimed. Pooky, are you insinuating that in a game where (according to you) scum have provable powers, the town has ZERO method-of-investigation to discern these powers other than a blind investigation and an Inventor's investigation (courtesy of DGB) which may not even fall into the town's hands? How do you feel this would affect the balance of the game?

Again if we're speculating on setup balance, I don't think a setup where according to you had MASONED townies in everything but name taking up 7 out of 13 slots is in any way balanced, heck WHY WOULD THE TOWN NEED INVESTIGATIVE POWERS WHEN THEY CAN CONFIRM THE INNOCENCE OF MORE THAN HALF OF THEIR PLAYERS ON DAY ONE? WHAT THE HECK IS THE POINT OF HAVING A COP?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:35 am

no when half the masons are MASONED WITH THEMSELVES.

If you're saying there are bastard masons, then it would have to be Miztef/Thesp since the other masons are clearly iinapplicable.

If its miztef/thesp then Thesp can't be it since he's dead

which leaves Miztef

the guy who claimed an innocent investigation on you.

congrats you fingered you scumpartner.

Otherwise the setup is rigged against the scum and would never have passed any type of review.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Glork »

I realize that this fingers Miztef, and I don't care, since I don't consider Miztef a confirmed innocent.

My point is that, without investigations or without testing mason-pairs via lynching, there is no reasonable way to discern whether they are scum or town. Do you deny that this is the case?

Do you feel that it would be unbalanced to have no reliable way of investigating or otherwise testing mason-pairs without lynching half of each of them?
Do you think that there is an alternate manner of testing the mason-pairs other than investigations or lynchings? Why wouldn't you have proposed usch a plan/method before Zindaras and Primate had been lynched?

Also, you still haven't answered my request to have you explain your role flavor more clearly. The flavor behind my role/ability is very obvious -- I worked for the police. The flavor behind "Universal Replacement" has yet to be adequately explained by you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:55 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Am I missing something whilst I plough through all of this, where was Thesp revealed as even remotely being a mason? I'd agree with Pooky as regards unbalanced setups and masonry -

we've had what Massive/Primate; Zindaras/CC and supposedly Pheobus linked somehow with Thesp/Miztef, seems awfully far-fetched.

Another thing which concerns me if Miztef is town, why the heck did you use your one supposed investigation on Glork - if Glork's pulling fake claims and what not out of his hat we will be able to test him, surely it would have made much more sense with one investigation to look at DGB, Skruffs or even me.

Someone mentioned lylo earlier aswell and I think if we lynch incorrectly today, scum kill tonight, lynch Nai tomorrow (only need 2 of 4 votes) - then they will win, I think. Can anyone clarify.

As such
unvote
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:57 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Obviously the lylo issue depends on whether Nai's town or scum . . .
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Primate »

Thing is, there's no way in hell I was the only person who needed money from Massive. There
has
to be someone else out there who wanted money from him. This isn't just Massive/Primate, it's Massive/Primate/XXXX, (maybe even two XXXX) with XXXX just not coming forward.

Also, I want pooky to answer my question.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yeah, I almost am considering saying we should lynch Nai just so that we can be at Lylo tommorrow instead of today. Almost. Why is Nai half-lynchable, anyways, what's the flavor behind it? What is Nai besidse half lynchable?

Mistef, why did you inspect Glork?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”