Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:21 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Primate wrote:@Everyone: Correct me if I'm wrong regarding anything here. Also, I would like a list of all night actions everyone has made so far. Given the amount of claims circulating, most at the minute are annoyingly vague.
Night 0 - No one.
Night 1 - Primate. Recieved the double vote.
Night 2 - No one.

Night 3 - Leaning towards DGB.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

yes i have the option of replacing the dead.

and Glork. THAT IS MY BLOODY POINT THAT IS WHY A COP MAKES NO SENSE IN THIS SETUP. IF THERE IS A COP THEN THE MASONPAIR STRATEGY PRETTY MUCH FORCES A TOWN WIN.

IF THE TOWN HAS A COP THEN THEY DONT NEED TO PROVE MASONS BY LYNCHING.

THE ONLY WAY THIS SETUP MAKES ANY SENSE BALANCE WISE IS IF THERE IS NO COP TO PROVE MASONHOOD WITH IN A WAY THAT IS NOT LYNCH.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:24 pm

I'm the "Wonder Cat" this means I can do anything. Whatever the town needs I can do. Because of this I take over someone's job for them after they go down.(Honestly the idea of a cat that works for the police sending notes to people with questions on them is much much worse in terms of flavor than what I have)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:32 pm

In fact what I want to know is why you chose to push for CC's lynch when you could've TESTED HIS GUILT/INNOCENCE with a nightchoice that could've potentially saved the lives of TWO townies.

What makes NO SENSE to me is why a
COP
would push for a lynch of a Mason when the cop KNOWS he can investigate for guilt later.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Miztef wrote:That's just the truth. I will not be voting Glork because of that investigation. I don't care what horrible crazy plan he has. I suppose my investigation could be incorrect, but I think that's going a bit over the line, even for this game.
Zmethinks you might have a sanity issue, haha, but more likely, you're making it up.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:49 pm

Skruffs wrote:Mistef, why did you inspect Glork?
Zexcellent question. I want to know the answer to that one, and it better be good.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

theopor_COD wrote:Where was Thesp revealed as even remotely being a mason?
Anyone? Still can't see the evidence. Just say's he was a stray.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Primate »

Flavour fits perfectly, iirc. Slippers (Thesp) was adopted by the Clinton family fairly late in the presidency, on by all accounts got on well with their other cat (Miztef's cat, can't recall name right now). The Clintons also mentioned a couple of times that (Miztef's cat) hated Buddy the dog (Phoebus), who they had had for ages when they started adopting the cats.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Ah okay then . . . but surely Miztef/WizardCat and Thesp would not be masons with the Dog (Pheobus) is that right? I'm kinda believeing the claim then but his investigation makes little sense from a town point of view to me.
Plus with all these so called townie allegiances I'm thinking if one's going to have evil tendencies it's Miztef.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by Glork »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:In fact what I want to know is why you chose to push for CC's lynch when you could've TESTED HIS GUILT/INNOCENCE with a nightchoice that could've potentially saved the lives of TWO townies.

COP
would push for a lynch of a Mason when the cop KNOWS he can investigate for guilt later.
Zindaras had lied about his role, tried to cover it up, and had tried to distance from
himself
. His behavior was so bizarre that I felt confident lynching him in spite being able to investigate him -- the potential reward (lynching one scum and outing another by the end of Day One) was more than worth the risk. Plus, if I were to simply investigate him and one of his halves just got nightkilled, it would effectively nullify my investigation. I'd have confirmed the mason pair, but one of them would be dead -- the exact same outcome as if we had just lynched one of them. Given Zindaras' (poor) play, his lynch was an absolute slam dunk.

Theo: I'm thinking, at this point, it is only optimal to vig if we mislynch. If we somehow end up mislyinching Pooky today, by all means try to kill me or Miztef. If Carbon Copy and/or Skruffs have recieved killing abilities from DGB, then they may also attempt to kill me and/or Miztef should Pooky somehow get lynched as town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Zorry Glork, Pooky makes more sense than you.

I don't accept your explanation, with the hindsight of your cop/message-sender/flying-pumpkin-shooting-lasers claim; I can't help but think that you're NOT a cop at all, but that you are scum trying fool the town big time.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:32 pm

theopor_COD wrote:Plus with all these so called townie allegiances I'm thinking if one's going to have evil tendencies it's Miztef.
Zright... and who would his scumbuddy HAVE to be???

Glork.

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

The whole Glork/Pooky sideshow is quite baffling. I haven't yet ruled out the pair of them as scum buddies either although that would be a helluva gambit, I'm still trying to work out who I believe most in all honesty. I don't neccesarily see Glork as scum if Miztef is either. Miztef could be scum with Pooky or Glork or he could be town. My main bug-bear with Miztef is his one-shot investigation was pretty much wasted on Glork, the claim he could have quite easily manufactured.

Would a no-lynch work today and then more investigations etc tonight? Pooky can you go back and magically say take Massive's role tonight or is it too late, only so we can kinda prove your role?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Nai »

Skruffs wrote:How would we be at LyLo... well, with 9 people alive, 8 after lynch, if it's a mislynch, for us to be at lylo means there would have to be 4 mafiates? Well, wait, if it only takes half to lynch (5) and it takes half of THAT to lynch Nai (3), then if we mislynch today, mafia can quick lynch Nai tommorrow, and then have a majority the next day.
Nai, are you still only at half to lynch?

I received an ability last night, but I Wasn't targetted by DGB, last night, so... unless maybe it's a delayed targetting system; I was targetted by her last night.
DGB, did you target Theo n1?

I'm still most suspicious of Theo. But now I'm curious about Glork.

Anyways.
To clarify: I will ALWAYS be at a very low lynch amount. There is a chance my lynch limit could go lower. I haven't taken that chance yet.
DG wrote:Zaye, but there is a whole video, and I was on America's Funniest Videos or sum'thin'

Tuffie the Stunt Cat
http://www.youtube.com/v/ETpXoIJz6Js
See, you did it again. You linked directly to the video, not to the actual page. So there's no way we can verify what it is. All we know is it's a video of a cat falling down. I don't know about the rest of you, but the mod didn't give me a link to information about my cat with my role PM.
Glork wrote:1) There is no indication that this cat's name is "Tuffie."
2) If you wait until the end of the video and glance down at the first video of the "related videos" section, you'll see that the video's name is actually "Sleeping Cat Accident." This is no "stunt cat." This cat is not famous.

At this point, I'm okay with lynching Pooky and, when he turns up scum, having Theo vig DGB.
Thank you.
DG wrote:Znow I think you're doing on purpose, you are misrepresenting facts very, very badly and ominously.

LISTEN TO THE AUDIO!!!!

You can clearly hear: "Here's Tuffie the Stunt Cat" - the spelling is from the PM, it may or may not be correct.

TRY AGAIN, Glorkscum, TURN UP THE VOLUME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETpXoIJz6Js

And if you look at the lower right hand corner, you can see the watermarked initials of the "AFV" program, America's Funniest Videos.

Major FOS Glork
I missed the announcer/watermark as well. That STILL doesn't make you famous, though. I can find everyone else on Wikipedia. Why not you?
DG wrote:Nai is with you on this, laying suspicion on my claim, too. He claimed there is no mention of my cat on the internet, and Glork supports him by saying my name is wrong, and I am not famous, when I have been on a popular TV show. And WITHOUT DOING PROPER RESEARCH or reading on the link I've already posted twice (and a third time today) - he boldly votes against me, early in the day, when it's important that we lynch properly.

Also, Glork is questioning my choice of players when I have been mindful not to accidentally hurt the town by sending what might have been undesirable gifts.

It really does look like Nai and Glork were talking all night choreographing the day to pull the wool over the townie's eyes.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Thank you for making this day so easy.

vote: Glork - and the other scum is Nai.
Excuse me? "Reading the link"? All you posted, TWICE, was a direct link to a video that, if you don't have sound on, means absolutely nothing. This is also a cat that can't be found ANYWHERE else. I don't call that famous. Nice try, scum.

Pookie: Your thesis is VERY thin.
Dripping Goofball wrote:ZIf the one-shot investigation ability came from me, as the double-vote, it does look like I am distributing some pretty awesome goodies, mmmm, catnip.

Good to know for tonight.

Now, let's suppose for an instant that the one-shot investigation fell into the hands of scum... what then?

Glork, who is claiming cop, came against two townies VERY STRONGLY in the first two days. Yet now on the third, he claims to have a guilty, and, coincidentally, Miztef has an "innocent" on Glork. And they arrange from Nai to cast suspicion on me with Glork's assistance.

This is one diabolical scumscheme. You'll be shoe-in's for a Scummie Award.

I think the scum is Glork, Miztef and Nai.
Or, and this is more likely, you are scum who has been caught in a lie that no one else investigated, and you're pulling everything you can to try to live through this day. If you were town, you wouldn't overreact so much, and you would point out to me where I could find more information on Tuffy. Instead, you ignore this fact, throw us the video again, and start throwing suspicion.
Pooky wrote:THEY CHOSE TO NOT KILL CONFIRMED INNOCENTS OR GO AFTER THE DOC IN ORDER TO GET A GURANTEED NIGHTKILL ON SOMEONE WHO NOBODY WOULD THINK WOULD GET KILLED!!
This is so wrong it's not even funny. They CAN'T kill Primate. He'd have at least two lives, just to keep him alive. And he could possibly keep getting them. So they kill the guy to stop him from getting those lives. As soon as I saw the claim, I knew massive was dead.

What I find funny about your arguments is that you are saying that scum has been planning a set-up to quicklynch me BEFORE it was even revealed I'd die easy. You're saying Glork was setting this up from day 1, when my weakness was only revealed day 2.
Primate wrote:@Skruffs: Isn't Data's cat a fictional cat? It's certainly not a real cat. Also, why did you target yourself with a random ability night 0?
I believe the enemy is ANIMATED cats, not fictional cats. The first post says as much. REAL cats (which can also mean actors) are safe.
Primate wrote:It's not a case of real vs. animated, though, it's Fictional vs. Non-fictional. And your cat is undisputedly fictional.
Wrong, read first post.
Pooky wrote:Dalton the Wonder Cat.
The claim is real, I've found several sites on it. However, I'm really unable to find much on the cat himself. Supposedly he's a TV host and book author, but I can't find information on the show or the book.

Now, I'm almost willing to claim at this point, as several people have asked. However, I want to throw a
MAJOR FOS: Skruffy
for wanting to lynch me for no adequate reason.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by Glork »

theopor_COD wrote:Would a no-lynch work today and then more investigations etc tonight? Pooky can you go back and magically say take Massive's role tonight or is it too late, only so we can kinda prove your role?
No. If we no-lynch and there is one death overnight, then there will be 8 alive tomorrow. 5 to lynch, halved, means that scum can
still
quick-lynch Nai if we assume 3 mafiates. It's too dangerous.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Glork wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:In fact what I want to know is why you chose to push for CC's lynch when you could've TESTED HIS GUILT/INNOCENCE with a nightchoice that could've potentially saved the lives of TWO townies.

COP
Zindaras had lied about his role, tried to cover it up, and had tried to distance from
himself
. His behavior was so bizarre that I felt confident lynching him in spite being able to investigate him -- the potential reward (lynching one scum and outing another by the end of Day One) was more than worth the risk. Plus, if I were to simply investigate him and one of his halves just got nightkilled, it would effectively nullify my investigation. I'd have confirmed the mason pair, but one of them would be dead -- the exact same outcome as if we had just lynched one of them. Given Zindaras' (poor) play, his lynch was an absolute slam dunk.

Theo: I'm thinking, at this point, it is only optimal to vig if we mislynch. If we somehow end up mislyinching Pooky today, by all means try to kill me or Miztef. If Carbon Copy and/or Skruffs have recieved killing abilities from DGB, then they may also attempt to kill me and/or Miztef should Pooky somehow get lynched as town.
If by slam dunk, you mean an easy lynch, then yes... but you are saying that investigating him may have been nullified if one of them was nightkilled - so you didn't want to investigate him, so you decided to daykill him (by lynching) instead? And then you ignored priamte because you assumed he would be a godfather, right?

Are you fishing for what ability DGB gave me? Because I never said I received a vig ability from her. :(
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Nai - When you say "You haven't taken that chance" - are you suggesting that you have some control over how much it takes to lynch you, or aer you suggesting that your lynch total may have already been dropped further, somehow?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Nai »

The votes to lynch me were, at beginning of game, 3, due to the flavor of my cat. I have two potential night actions I can make. One of them could end up in me going down to 2 votes to be lynched. If I do it again, I'd go down to 1 vote to lynch. Timmy didn't do it, I didn't do it.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Primate »

Nai wrote:
Primate wrote:@Skruffs: Isn't Data's cat a fictional cat? It's certainly not a real cat. Also, why did you target yourself with a random ability night 0?
I believe the enemy is ANIMATED cats, not fictional cats. The first post says as much. REAL cats (which can also mean actors) are safe.
Primate wrote:It's not a case of real vs. animated, though, it's Fictional vs. Non-fictional. And your cat is undisputedly fictional.
Wrong, read first post.
Keep up, Nai. I already said I was wrong about that a while back.

I'll chalk the fact you didn't answer my question up to lack of observation, too.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by Nai »

I write my posts in Notepad. I didn't erase that comment when I made the post.

And sorry, thought I responded to that. I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I wasn't given any PMs when I joined up.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:33 pm

Post by Primate »

To be a bit more blunt, have you targeted me at any point this game?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:07 pm

Post by Nai »

While I have targetable abilities, I haven't used them, and, as far as I'm aware, Timmy didn't use them either.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Primate »

hmm.

Ok then.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by Nai »

Out of my own curiosity, I'm PMing to the mod to make sure Timmy didn't either.

Why did you ask?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:18 pm

Post by Primate »

I'll say later. Or I won't. Depends.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”