Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:10 am

Post by Nai »

Right now, I'm favoring the thought of a Pooky/Theo/DG scum group. I think Pooky's role is the most dangerous of the three.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:29 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Nai wrote:
Stop bringing up game balance.
Glork being scum
has NOTHING to do with game balance.
Ziiinng! Bingo! Bullseye!

Say, Nai, don't you feel better now that you got if off your chest???

confirm vote: Glork
Major FOS anyone not voting Glork after his scumbuddy gave the game away.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:40 am

Post by Skruffs »

Interesting.
If Nai is scum with glork, then we are not at lylo.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Skruffs »

Glork/Mistef/Nai vs Pooky/DGB/(Theo?)
Primate and Carbon Copy probably aren't scum in anya case, guess that leaves me as the alternative to Theo in the Pooky/DGB situation.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Nai »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Nai wrote:
Stop bringing up game balance.
Glork being scum
has NOTHING to do with game balance.
Ziiinng! Bingo! Bullseye!

Say, Nai, don't you feel better now that you got if off your chest???

confirm vote: Glork
Major FOS anyone not voting Glork after his scumbuddy gave the game away.
Wow, way to take something out of context. I was speaking hypothetically, and you know it. Would it have helped if I had prefaced that with "The possibility of Glork being scum", or do I need to be even more blatant than that?

As a person that has already been caught in a direct lie about their role, you really shouldn't be saying much, DG.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 am

Zsorry kiddo, but that was a perfect freudian slip. And I didn't lie about my role, I remembered wrong.

You wrote too fast. Your subconscious took over. That's why you wrote "Glork being scum" - because you know he's scum, and you let it slip. There's no wriggling out of THAT one.

;-) Thanks for making it so easy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Glork »

I demand to know why DGB, Pooky, and Skruffs have all posted since my Post 732 and have failed to address DGB's contradiction regarding her

I want
ALL THREE OF YOU
to address it directly. I want Pooky and Skruffs to tell me what they think of the fact that DGB has claimed two completely different things (reduces her number of targets by 1; no idea what effect it has) about failing her "post restriction." I
STILL
want DGB to explain herself more clearly.

I think that all three of these players are currently trying to overlook this blatant contradiction due the posting volume, hoping that it'll just slip away. I refuse to address or discuss any other topics until all three players have addressed this issue to my satisfaction. And I will keep on making bold, underlined, italicized, and/or gigantic-text posts until they have answered me.

Pooky, Skruffs: Do you think DGB is scum? Why or why not?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:43 am

Zthat's because your "contradiction" is so obviously silly.

My abilities are proven, and they are obviously pro-town.

I used my memory instead of checking the actual wording in my PM, it happens, and there's nothing more to it.

The fact that you are going after someone with a total townie role does you no credit, Glork.

I really can't wait to see your scumalignment revealed so that I can rejoice with the rest of the town. I am so sure you're scum, it's not funny.

DIE, SCUM, DIE.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:41 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Ok Nai

Since we're going to do strategy lets go

7 Masons 6 Non Masons

Town lynches non Mason Cop investigates 1 mason group scum kills a mason.

-> 6 Masons 5 Non Masons.

At this point if cop investigated diff group from scum kill then that's 2 mason groups cleared. And only one group left to clear. If they hit the same group(1/3 chance)

then we are at

1-2 confirmed Masons 4-5 nonconfirmed masons and 5 nonmasons.

Town lynches another nonmason

scum kills the other cleared mason and cop finds another mason group innocent.

we are now at 4 nonmasons and 3 confirmed masons and 2 nonconfirmed ones(the last group).(keep in mind im assuming all mislynches in the nonmason region)

lynch in the nonmason region followed by another mason biting the dust and the last group is confirmed.

-=>3 nonmasons and 4 confirmed masons.

Good game scum lose even if town mislynched all 3 times.

Confirming Masons by "lynching" them however is quite idiotic and kinda voids this slam dunk win for the town i'll agree with you. Note that I'm using the worst case scenario imaginable(that the cop who investigates on n0 not only misses one of the 7 masons but also happens to investigate the same group as the one the scum kill)

Oh yea and I'm also not counting the fact that the nonmason lynches will hit scum higher prob since they wouldnt hit the d0 investigative target or the cop who can confirm himself.

Oh yea and if the cop does somehow die after being outted that still leaves enough masons/investigated innocent to outweigh and smash the scum.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:43 am

addressing Glork now,

DGB isn't exactly the most careful of players. I can see her contradicting herself as town just as likely as if she was scum, I'm confident that she's town in this game because she's defending me after I'm coming under heavy attack from you and because I bloody know I am a protown role.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:04 am

Z'And
what d
ou th
ink
about
Nai o
uting Glorkscum
with a Fre
udian
slip?

I want to
kno
w NOW!!!

(Just imitating Glork here for comedic effect)

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

Glork, I'm sorry for not acknowledging DGB's slip up, I guess I want to address one thing at a time. I'm kinda one track mind, and I don't want to get distracted from the serious thing here - you and POoky's argument. I wouldn't take not addressing it as ignoring it, iti's simply qeued in the long list of things that need to be addressed.
In as much, I'm not addressing it now, because I really have no clue what is going on with DGB, and want to do the research myselrf before I form a conclusion. :)
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:19 am

Post by theopor_COD »

DrippingGoofball wrote:My abilities are proven.
How?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Glork »

...and how does proof-of-ability translate into proof-of-alignment anyway? If that were the case I would also be proven as a pro-town player. My message-sending capabilities have been confirmed multiple times already.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

Oh great, now they post.

Okay, I've been really out of touch, but I've been reading little parts. If I'm correct, Glork has claimed a scumresult on Pooky, who has since gone ballistic and is trying to get Glork lynched.

I'll attempt to fit in a reread in my busy schedule (though I know I'll be able to participute fully from July 9th and oneward).

Also, Pooky seems to be talking about masons and apparent lies there. I'm getting the idea he's stating that both Masons are scum. I'd like to point out that this game was advertised as out of the ordinary. A lot of Mason pairs and such are possibilities. There's also the possibility of Mason Traitors, so I don't really see the point there. Massive and Primate can only confirm each others' roles (well, Primate's confirmed as town, but massive isn't). Role=/=Alignment.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Glork »

CC: Massive is dead -- his alignment is kinda confirmed by that means. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

As I see it:
Primate is down. Primate backs up Mistef's Claim. Mistef backs up Glork's alignment. Glork says Pookie is scum. DGB returns fire with Glork being scum.
Haven't figured out where Nai, CC, and Theo fit into this.
Of course, I was suspicious of how Glork avoided prosecuting PRimate day two after vowing to day one, and he Did go after zindaras / cc instead of the more likely godfather type role of PRimate (even said so himself that he didn't think his investigation would be worth anything on him) so it's possible that there is a Primate, glork, Mistef team. POSSIBLE. Not saying it's likely.

First of all, "Die, Kill, Die" is a scumtell, in my book, DGB. Fos.

Well - Carbon Copy confirmed receiving an ability night zero. That's why Zindaras got lynched instead, remember? Wonder if Carbon Copy could tell us what that ability was, now. Also, it would be neat if Zindaras could replace Carbon Copy, since he's a lot more likely to post under that name and he knows everything anyways.

Blahgo/Pooky and Wizardcat/Mistef didn't receive it, pooky did. Did anyone target pooky or mistef those nights? Not that we are aware of. And they are still alive.

Night 2, I should have received it, but I didn't. If it automatically goes to the third person in line, then it should have gone to Pooky. Pooky claimed not to receive it, as did I, as did massive. Massive is dead as town, I am alive as town (although some probably do not quite believe that) and Pooky is alive with a claimed scum investigation on him. That, to me personally (wouldn't expect someone else to use it as their reasoning) is enough for me to trust Glork on this today. But let's keep going.
Sidenote : Theo did receive a double vote, even though he wasn't targetted that day.
I can't imagine a reason why Theo would receive an ability that was targetted to me. I targetted THeo last night, though, and received an ability, possibly from DGB, or, if we jsut trade targets, probably from myself. Ugh, I'll have to think about that later.

3 - Nai, Theo, Miztef.
Okay, let's look at this. None of those players died over the night. I don't know why Theo would have been targetted after his play day two, but, eh, who knows. Nai doesn't claim to have received anything - and actually, I would have targetted her first, as she's most likely to be alive in the morning. I received a gift, although I wasn't targetted (theo was) - so there's something there. Maybe I 'magnetted' everything from him onto me, so I stole DGB's gift.. I don't know.IT's a possiblity but nothign worth going after.

Pookie's claimed role is similar to a sort of mafia role on IRC. One time role switcher, takes the role of whoeverhe kills. So it's possible that Pookie did take it. However, it would be a lot better for him to take someone else's role, like, Primate's, or even Zindaras's, if he wanted to be a mason. Hell, for all we know, if he is mafia, he Did.
IT may be close to time to look at what roles are possibly animated flavor type roles. Off the bat, Pookie's and DGB's seem good for that. Nai's could be... EEK! the cat, who was always getting killed (which would explain the half-needed to lynch) Mistef and Theo's roles are very similar in flavor, both of them about real cats on the run from the law or whatnot.

K, about DGB. Hmm.
The problem is this : DGB has to indulge in one post restriction (Z for Zleep) every post or else she 'loses some sleep' and winds up not being able to target as many people as she does.
She messed it up and later said that she was not able to target as many people. Now, for her benmefit, Iwill say she may have forgotten it, sent in 3 choices anyways, and maybe bertrand didin't count the last one, but , bertrand also had plenty of time to correct her or ask for a resubmittal, which he apparently did not do. So either hte post restriction is false (which I know based on the question that glork sent me night two that he thinks to be the case) or we have a very lsoppy person, which doesn't make sense, given the level fo activity DGB has put into attacking Glork.
Of course, Glork is being very very arrogant this game, too. Whgich reminds me, why hasn't he been nightkilled yet. : P Maybe that's just scumchat that glork gets nightkilled every n0. Anyways so apparently

Nai - did questioning PRimate Not activate your restriction, then? Or wait, you can't answer that, so answer this question instead, which has nothing to do with the previous one. Are you wearing a hat? That question has nothing to do with the game, promise.
That might be a good thing, right?
Also, Why do you want to 'test' me? I made myself vulnerable by suggesting i *could* have been the one to vig Phoebus. Theo tried to kill Primate, UT vigged Thesp (no idea why) and I targetted Phoebus, who also died. I may have killed him, or mafia or Timmy's vig may have targetted him. I've never claimed to be able to survive being lynched, vigged, or nightkilled, all I've claimed is to have sent out three actions with no idea of what they did.
Hmm. Again, I'm wondering if somehow Theo's and me's targets are getting switched or something, but, the flavor and roles don't suggest that.

I really don't like how Ppookie keeps pushign that Mistef could be a mason withi Phoebus, when he never claimed that. There were two seperate groups of people who could talk, PRimate who has a double life, and someone who gets a bonus if another person gets killed.

I have more to say about DGB and whatnot but I have game night tonight so... this will have to do, for now.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Primate backed Miztef where?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:16 pm

and i didnt say both masons are scum...
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Nai »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Zsorry kiddo, but that was a perfect freudian slip. And I didn't lie about my role, I remembered wrong.

You wrote too fast. Your subconscious took over. That's why you wrote "Glork being scum" - because you know he's scum, and you let it slip. There's no wriggling out of THAT one.

Wink Thanks for making it so easy.
"Zsorry kiddo", but you're just twisting words to your own end, scum. You're going to hang. And why would you not check your PM and try to remember instead? And then only tell us the change AFTER its asked again? And NOT tell us that "Sorry, I was wrong its..." You didn't recognize you screwed up, and you got caught.

DrippingGoofball wrote:My abilities are proven, and they are obviously pro-town.
Actually, your abilities aren't proven at all. As of now, we have only confirmed you giving a present to ONE person, and they won't reveal the gift. Carbon Copy is the person I refer to.

Another lie. "Die, scum, die."
Pooky wrote:Confirming Masons by "lynching" them however is quite idiotic and kinda voids this slam dunk win for the town i'll agree with you. Note that I'm using the worst case scenario imaginable(that the cop who investigates on n0 not only misses one of the 7 masons but also happens to investigate the same group as the one the scum kill)
For one, I'm not sure why you'd think Town would avoid lynching a claimed mason. I'm also unsure why you think Scum would lynch the masons.

It's scum's job to force the town into bad positions. IF they hear 7 claimed masons, they'll assume that the other three people have the power roles. Masons usually don't have roles in addition to their masonhood. So the scum would kill one o the three non-masons, thus killing the cop with a 1/3 chance. And, likely, the town will take care of that for them if they miss. The town still loses.
Pooky wrote:DGB isn't exactly the most careful of players. I can see her contradicting herself as town just as likely as if she was scum, I'm confident that she's town in this game because she's defending me after I'm coming under heavy attack from you and because I bloody know I am a protown role.
"I know that DGB is town because she's defending me"? That has got to be the most full of crap-logic I have ever heard.
DG wrote:Z'And what dou think about Nai outing Glorkscum with a Freudian slip?

I want to know NOW!!!

(Just imitating Glork here for comedic effect)
It's frankly amazing how you try to avoid addressing YOUR slip, and spend so much energy trying to make a slip-up out of what I said.
Skruffs wrote:Nai's could be... EEK! the cat, who was always getting killed (which would explain the half-needed to lynch) Mistef and Theo's roles are very similar in flavor, both of them about real cats on the run from the law or whatnot.
I already did a full claim, minus my drawbacks.

I'm Lewis, the Prosecuted Cat. I have both vig and role-cop abilities, but both have heavy drawbacks.
Skruffs wrote:did questioning PRimate Not activate your restriction, then? Or wait, you can't answer that, so answer this question instead, which has nothing to do with the previous one. Are you wearing a hat? That question has nothing to do with the game, promise.
That might be a good thing, right?
My restriction has nothing to do with my posts. Again, I'm not saying what it is. However, questioning Primate has nothing to do with it.
Skruffs wrote:Also, Why do you want to 'test' me? I made myself vulnerable by suggesting i *could* have been the one to vig Phoebus. Theo tried to kill Primate, UT vigged Thesp (no idea why) and I targetted Phoebus, who also died. I may have killed him, or mafia or Timmy's vig may have targetted him. I've never claimed to be able to survive being lynched, vigged, or nightkilled, all I've claimed is to have sent out three actions with no idea of what they did.
Right now, you're claiming a role, but the very being of that role means there's no way to actually confirm you with that role. So there needs to be a way to test you.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:17 pm

ok nai

show me a single game other than this one where town lynched a claimed mason on day 1.

Hell show me a game other than this one where town has lynched a claimed mason who was ACTUALLY A MASON ON ANY DAY.

The reason towns dont lynch claimed masons is because IT CAN CONFIRM TWO PLAYERS OR THREE PLAYERS WITH ONE INVESTIGATION!(AND ALSO BECAUSE SCUM DONT FREAKING FAKECLAIM MASON ANYWAY, HECK SHOW ME ONE GAME WHERE SCUM FAKECLAIMED MASON ON THIS SITE AND GOT AWAY WITH IT) IF THE SCUM ARE SHOOTING INTO THE POWER ROLES LIKE THAT THEN THEY WILL GET VOTED OUT BY THE MASONS IN THE ENDGAME.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Nai »

Pooky, you're missing the point here.

I can't show you the games because I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of games. However... You can only choose one of the following two. One HAS to happen, an they're contradictory.

A.) You lynch one claimed mason to learn the alignment of both.

B.) You don't lynch claimed masons.

A means that scum can't fake-claim mason, B means they can. If a scum knows you won't lynch the mason for sake of not lynching a confirmable townie, then they can safely claim Mason and know you'll never touch them. By the time endgame comes, the scum will have already won.

Now, let's stop talking about masons because there is only 1 mason group in this game.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by Carbon Copy »

Glork wrote:CC: Massive is dead -- his alignment is kinda confirmed by that means. :P
Well, that made me look pretty silly, didn't it?

But the point is still true. Primate could never confirm massive's alignment with his role.
Skruffs wrote:Well - Carbon Copy confirmed receiving an ability night zero. That's why Zindaras got lynched instead, remember? Wonder if Carbon Copy could tell us what that ability was, now.
I'm not going to do that. I see no reason to do so. Don't fish.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 pm

sigh

omfg nai

you don't lynch claimed masons to learn the alignment of both BECAUSE SCUM DONT STICK THEIR HEADS OUT AND CLAIM TO BE MASONS.

To my knowledge there has not been a SINGLE successful mason claim by scum in the HISTORY of mafiascum, it SIMPLY CANT BE DONE BECAUSE PUTTING TWO SCUM LIVES ON THE LINE LIKE THAT WHEN THERE ARE POSSIBLE COPS POSSIBLE VIGS AND POSSIBLE SKS. IF ANY OF THEM HIT YOU THEN YOU HAVE JUST LOST 2/3 of your group. WIPING OUT 2/3 of a scum group when the town finds out which masonpair was completely full of crap would completely devastate the scum AND THATS WHY SCUM NEVER BLOODY GET AWAY WITH AN MASON CLAIM EARLY IN THE GAME.

I CHALLENGE ANYBODY HERE TO GIVE ME A SINGLE GAME WHERE SCUM HAS FAKECLAIMED MASON DAYONE AND GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT ON THIS SITE.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Oh and here's an example of what SHOULD happen if masons claim in day one.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Lowell/Mikanoff acted scummy as hell day one, came under fire, claimed masons and pressure instantly vanished and niether of them were lynched.

glork also happens to be in that game.

note the huge difference between his behaviour there against day 1 mason claim and his behaviour here where pushes hard as hell for their lynch.

He was town in that game, guess what he is here!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”