Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Skruffs »

Nai, if Pooky is not scum - read, Glork is gambitting, then I am going to vote him immediately tomorrow. Assuming you are not scum, you'll be extremely vulnerable, otherwise, so we will need to get scum lynched asap.

I trust Glork's role and Pookie has stated there's no reason for him to show up as neutral (miller), so...
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Nai »

Agreed, I will be vulnerable, but I'm on a lot, so we'll have time.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Miztef »

I used my investagation on Glork Primarily because he is in a powerful situation. I wanted to be sure I was following the correct information, and Glork has information. I did not find anyway over the edge scummy at the time, so I felt Glork would be a fine choice, even though my suspicion of him was only mild.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Miztef »

typo: anyway = anyone
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:25 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Skruffs wrote:(Psst... DGB, where's the second freudian slip?)
(And are you saying THeo is probably a town vig?)
Z'Theo could be an SK, or a vig, who knows. At the moment I don't think he's as dangerous as Glork or Nai. I am seriously considering the possibility that Glork has a godfather-like role, which would explain mhy Miztef has an innocent on him, and why Glork is so bold with his gambit. It's Mafia at its best, but we have to be as good town as Glork is good Mafia.

Here are is the second Freudian slip:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 139#652139

This is the whole sentence:
Nai wrote:I think it's more that you want to lynch Glork, knowing he's scum, and you're throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him and trying to see what sticks. Since all else has failed, why not a cult?
Yep. The more I think about it... the more Glork-godfather explains A LOT of things.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:27 am

Z'yep. Miztef strikes me as earnest. He might not be scum. But I believe that Glork is scum, possibly investigation-immune godfather. One of his buddies is Nai. So... that explains a lot. Glork as godfather, his behavior, and Nai's behavior, start to make sense.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Nai »

"Hai gaiz i twist wordz since iv bin caut in a lie i cant explain! dun vote me!"
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Post by bertrand »

DAY 3 vote count:

Nai (2, -1): DrippingGoofball, PookyTheMagicalBear

Pooky (3, -2): Glork, Miztef, Nai
DrippingGoofball (1, -4): theopor_COD

Not voting: everyone else.

If you think something's wrong, tell me about it. It probably is.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

You may have made a fruedian slip of your own, there, DGB.
Why couldn't Theo be mafia?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

Oooh.
That's not a freudian slip, not in my eyes. It looks a lot more like Nai is accusing you of bussing your scumpartner Glork.
That makes no sense, though, and she hasn't acknowledged that.
There is also no way Nai would know that you know that Glork is scum, as you have no claimed investigative abilities.

Vote : Pookie

I feel a little sad, because I am cleared by glork, and this lynch will really prove Glork. So if Glork is telling the truth, they'll probably want to kill me tonight. v.v
And if he's gambitting, it may be game over. LE SIGH.

Glork - I'm curious, why don't you think that there is a roleblocker? It would explain Theo's missing vig on Primate.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:53 am

Zbig mistake, Skruffs. In a way, I totally understand your reasoning and where you're coming from, it just goes to show what a fabulously clever player Glork is. His play in this game has been so stellar I think he should win - only, his scumbuddy has failed him, and his double Freudian slips can only mean that Glork is scum.

And if you pay attention to what Pooky is saying... Pooky is right. And I'd bet my last whisker that Glork will not hammer Nai.

I keep my fingers crossed that someone will see the light and hammer Nai if Glork won't do it. When Nai turns up scum, we'll have the game in the bag. In the remote chance that he doesn't, we'll still win, because we'll easily round up the scumbags.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Glork »

I told you, Skruffs. I fingered Pooky, Skruffs, Theo, and DGB yesterday. Now that I know Pooky is scum and DGB is very, very, very likely scum, it would seem that the scums would have just roleblocked me last night, in order to prevent any game-breaking investigations from happening.

If the scums have a roleblocker who did not target me last night, they made a horrendous mistake.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Nai »

DGB, you're REALLY stretching it. How, exactly, would I come up scum?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im not sober right now

but if you guys lynch me

and then fail to kill glork in the next night

i expect every townie to be refreshing on this thread for the rest of the bloody night with
vote glork
on copy/paste ready to quicklynch him right away.

because making the mistake of lynching me today combined with letting the mafia run away with the win tommorrow

after I've made an incredibly good case against him based on solid logic that he hasn't even tried to rebuff

would be such horrible protown play

that I swear I will not play another game

with any of you who turn out to be town again

in my life.

God Nai

Mafia don't fakeclaim masons on day 1 is not a fucking theoretical discussion

it's a proven fact proven by years and years of gaming on this website.

and if you can't see it's relevance to this game

you are blind beyond belief
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Nai vig miztef and Theo vig glork

glork might be nightkill immune

you'll know my words are spoke with the best interest of the town in mind when i turn up town

if the vig kills fail you must be ready to quicklynch and vig again th enext night

quicklynch miztef after glork goes down so they dont ql nai

dont fuck this up more than you idjits already have
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Miztef »

I haven't ever encountered someone who is investigation immune, so I may have to review my position on Glork. It is possible he is a Godfather figure, especially in a game like this one. I did consider the fact that my investigation may be flawed itself (like I'm an insane cat or something) and that's the major reason I didn't vote Pooky a millisecond after Glork accused him. There's also the possibility that Glork's gambitting, but to me that is not very likely.

With the amount of unconfirmed varibles here though, I will have to investigate Pooky's case against Glork. There is something substanial to it at least.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Z'I'd say that roughly speaking, about 1/3 of the games I've played in, have a Godfather. So it's very important to be aware of the possibility.

The Godfather can be played "safe" without drawing attention to oneself, or can be played "risky" by pushing the scum's agenda aggressively forward, safe in the knowledge that investigations will turn up "innocent." And I'd expect the Godfather to play more aggressively especially AFTER being investigated and "cleared." If Glork is a Godfather, I'd expect him to play his Godfather role very cleverly.

It's kind of sad that his great gambit has been ruined by Nai's careless double Freudian slip.

I doubt that Glork is nightkill immune, I think Pooky might be getting carried away here, unless Glork is a SK, and I don't think Glork is a SK, mostly because of Nai's huge slip of the tongue. It is a possibility; a NK and investigation-immune Glork/SK. Maybe. But if there is an SK, I'd take a closer look at Theo, because SKs will often claim vig.

I think - I am not sure about this - that's it's safer for the town to lynch Nai than Glork, assuming, as I do, that both are scumbuddies. Why? Because in the off chance that we may be wrong, we're better off lynching Nai, who will be useless tomorrow because of his vulnerability, than Glork, who needs the full complement of votes. In the 1% chance of being wrong about the Nai/Glork thing, the scum would quicklynch Nai tomorrow, and win it outright. We don't want that.

I also think that if Nai is town (and again, I very much doubt it), that would decrease the probability of Glork being scum. Not completely, but appreciably.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Blah, he pulled the honest drunken post gambit!
Unvote

Considering there is at least some evidence of roleblocking of some sort going on, I'm willing to bet that there is a mafia roleblocker. :( Though why they would block Primate's viggnig of town-primate I don't understand. Who knows, It's still quite possible that me and Theo's targets got switched that night.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by Glork »

...you're kidding me, Skruffs. I'm really getting the feeling that you're looking for any excuse not to vote Pooky at this point.

Appeal to Emotion is not legiitmate at all. I cannot believe that you're unvoting Pooky based on his alleged drunken ranting. Weak, Skruffs. Very, very weak.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Glork »

And no, Pooky, your case against me is not based on "solid logic." It is based
entirely
on wild theorization which you have not and cannot definitively prove one way or another until one of us is dead.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Zmaybe, but the suggestion that you are a Godfather is not wild theorization, it is a real and dangerous possibility that we must guard ourselves against - and fits neatly with what Pooky's being saying all along. The case against you, Glork, has many facets, and exceeds the bounds of Pooky's arguments. Me, I am totally sold on Nai's Freudian slips that gave you two away as scum, and the Godfather role.

Miztef does seem earnest in his reactions and posts. With a one-shot investigation, I doubt that sanity is a factor, unless we have extreme bastard moddery at work. Probably Glork enjoys some kind of investigation immunity.

Skruffs is wise not to rush with his vote. Thank heavens.

Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by Nai »

Yes, it fits in with the wild theorization. That's the whole point o the wild theorization.

What is with you and Freudian slips? They don't actually work, ESPECIALLY on the internet, where typing is the way to go. You could call a typo (For instance, can/can't) a Freudian slip if you wanted.

In this case, you are taking a hypothetical (did you actually NOTICE the sentence?) and trying to twist it into something you aren't. And you've taken this one supposedly-Freudian Slip and say that's somehow definitive evidence that I'm scum? Do you listen to yourself?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:54 am

Zorry. Especially looking at the whole sentences. Yours are definitely Freudian slips, as slippery as they come. They're classical beauties. Textbook cases. It *IS* definitive evidence that you are scum. Either scum with Glork (high probability), or you are trying to frame Glork (low probability).

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Glork »

Mod: Has Primate been prodded, as requested? If so, what is his status?

I must have missed your request. I'm prodding him right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Glork »

Skruffs, could you list your full night choice history? Who did you target on which nights? I've gotten lost...
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”