Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:27 pm

Post by Nai »

I have to take issue with this. Supposing, hypothetically, what I've said are Freudian Slips: In ALL cases, EVERYWHERE, whenever someone makes a Freudian Slip, they are scum?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by Nai »

I have to take issue with this. Supposing, hypothetically, what I've said are Freudian Slips: In ALL cases, EVERYWHERE, whenever someone makes a Freudian Slip, they are scum?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Nai wrote:I have to take issue with this. Supposing, hypothetically, what I've said are Freudian Slips: In ALL cases, EVERYWHERE, whenever someone makes a Freudian Slip, they are scum?
Z'yes - the degree of suspicion being proportionate to how clearly the Freudian slips can be interpreted. In your case, you have made TWO very straigthforward Freudian slips. The first one might be interpreted one way or another, but the second one is unambiguous. The second one alone means you're scum; prefaced by the first one makes me more certain than ever.

Freudian slips are the best scumtell there is, short of claiming scum. Freudian slips top the list. It's the only kind of scumtell where you can be almost 100% sure. It's the only objective evidence that a player is scum one can ever get.

Glork's reaction to it (or lack thereof!) is further confirmation, but more in the realm of subjective evidence.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Glork »

DGb wrote:Freudian slips are the best scumtell there is, short of claiming scum. Freudian slips top the list. It's the only kind of scumtell where you can be almost 100% sure. It's the only objective evidence that a player is scum one can ever get.
This is completely and utterly wrong... literally about as wrong as one can get.

A freudian slip simply occurs when your subconscious has a lapse, and you say (or do) something which you did not intend. Not too long ago, I had a game in which I accidentally called somebody unlikely to be scum (instead of town), and the only reason I made that "slip" is because I'd said "scum" three times in the previous sentence and had the word "scum" on my brain. No malicious intent whatsoever.

Objectively
speaking, I made a simple typo, an error in my thought process, that led me just type the WRONG THING. Yet the calls of "freudian slip" were levied against me, and I had to explain why it was an innocent mistake.

Freudian slips aren't scumtells. They are errors. And to posit that you can "be almost 100% sure" that somebody is scum for making an error is absolutely ridiculous.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Glork »

DGB, you'll have to tell me after the game if you
actually
believe any of this Freudian Slip nonsense that you are spouting. Because if you do, I might have to hit you... hard.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Nai »

Freudian Slips are SUBJECTIVE errors. They are not objective evidence at all. You have to INTERPRET a Freudian Slip in order to understand what it, supposedly, means. That mean's it is subjective evidence, subjective to the person that perceives it. Not objective at all.

If I get lynched, please lynch DGB tomorrow. This scum really hasn't played well, and I laugh at it.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Nai »

EBWODP:
Mirriam Webster wrote:3 a : expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations <objective art> <an objective history of the war> <an objective judgment>
There is NO way you can call a Freudian slip objective evidence. Since not everyone agrees with you, it MUST be subjective.
Mirriam Webster wrote:4 a (1) : peculiar to a particular individual : PERSONAL <subjective judgments>
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:11 am

Nai wrote:There is NO way you can call a Freudian slip objective evidence. Since not everyone agrees with you, it MUST be subjective.
Z'yeah - but when "not everyone" means YOU and GLORK - it's adding fuel to the fire, haha.

Freudian slips are the most objective evidence one can obtain in this game. I say a double slip outing THE SAME player as scum is as damning as it's ever going to get.

And Glork, if you actually believe the nonsense you posted that pretty much negates ANY Freudian slip as a even remotely being a scumtell, I am going to have to toss you in a vat of lukewarm noodles.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Primate »

DGB, you have proof that Freudian Slips can be scumtells?

Cause I have evidence they aren't, and examples of times when following freudian slips have hurt towns. We can compare our evidence, see who has more. I don't have any evidence at all of towns that followed the slips to a good place, though, so you better have a fair bit.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Primate »

FYI, if you want my standing on this, I am firmly anti-DGB. If she stands with Pooky, then I'm with Glork.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:55 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

that's horrible reasoning

I'm almost recovered from being mad at this game and everyone in it.

I will put together a post that ties together all of my points as to why Glork is lying scumbag soon. I only ask that you give me the attention I deserve as this is basically LyLo and to do any less would be grossly negligent.

And Primate, this isn't about DGB versus Glork, this is about Glork versus me. It's my ass that's going to hang if Glork wins and it's the town's ass that's going to go straight down the tube with me.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Primate »

I know it's about you vs Glork. That's the reason I'm not planning to vote DGB anytime soon, regardless of how scummy she acts.

I await your post, but I pretty much just think that Glork's side of all this is much more plausible than yours, and I've looked at this a fair few ways. That said, I'll reread first chance I get, and then I'll have a few questions for the both of you.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Glork »

DGb wrote:And Glork, if you actually believe the nonsense you posted that pretty much negates ANY Freudian slip as a even remotely being a scumtell, I am going to have to toss you in a vat of lukewarm noodles.
I do actually believe that. I think that slips are indicative of scum less than 25% of the time... thus, it is not a valid scumtell at all, as randomly choosing a player should yield scum at least 25% of the time.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:36 am

Z'of course you're going to believe that.

I am preparing the butter, garlic and the parsley for you Glork. Get in your bathing suit. I hope you like linguini.

Glork, Nai has compromised YOU. You're not going to say "oh hell yes, Nai has made real textbook case Freudian slips, he's scum alright, vote: Nai" - because if you admit that Nai is scum, that means that you are godfatherly scum yourself. Of course you're going to say it's a typo. But TWO Freudian slips, involving YOU??? Come on. That's evidence.

Though under certain circumstances, such as a single Freudian slip that might be interpreted in a number of ways, a Freudian slip might be considered a weak argument. When you have two, the second one not being subject to interpretation, and both compromising the same player... it becomes a pretty solid case.

Try to find another game where the Freudian slip planets have alligned themselves so perfectly... so, you can't compare to any other game unless there were two slips from the same player A revealing that player B is scum.

I do think Miztef is town, Glork is Godfather, and Nai is his buddy.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Primate »

My first newbie. I slipped and called another player in the game scum twice. Both of us were town.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Primate »

Hell, at the time I didn't even think she was scum. It was just because mafia gets you thinking about those words.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Primate »

Also, in an odd coincidence, whilst I made that slip I was trying to lynch Blahgo, which in a roundabout way is exactly the same thing Nai is trying to do now.

Odd these things.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Glork »

DGB, both Nai and I have already tried to explain that "Glork being scum" was a hypothetical supposition. There's only been one "slip." Stop repeating that there have been two. :roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Nai »

Freudian Slips ARE NOT objective. If even ONE person disagrees with you (and Primate just did), then they're not objective by the definition of the word. And only OBJECTIVE evidence can be truly damning. Subjective evidence is only damning when combined with MORE subjective evidence.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:16 am

Glork wrote:DGB, both Nai and I have already tried to explain that "Glork being scum" was a hypothetical supposition. There's only been one "slip." Stop repeating that there have been two. :roll:
Zhahahaha.

Nope. There are indeed two slips. I do agree that the first might be subject to interpretation. The second, however, is not.

"Glork being scum has NOTHING to do with game balance."
"...you want to lynch Glork, knowing he's scum."
Glork wrote:both Nai and I have already tried to explain that "Glork being scum" was a hypothetical supposition.
Unfortunately, since Nai gave the both of you out as scumbuddies, I give your explanation no credibility.

I respect Primate's opinion, but the fact that he disagrees with me does not mean I am wrong, nor does it mean he's right.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Primate »

It's not my opinion. At the minute it's facts, and you're disagreeing with them for no reason, effectively. Until you come up with evidence that helps your side, I'm right.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Skruffs »

The clump of Glork, Mistef, Nai, and Primate vs the clump of DGB and Pooky.
<.<
>.>
Pooky's drunk rant was very convincing, but I am always gullible about these sorts of things.

Let's see. If scum are about to be lynched, and have the opppurtunity to lynch Nai, they should do it. Even if it means one of them is oging to be automatically lynched the next day, they would still lynch Nai because it aviods them being lynched that day.
Unless Nai is scum with them, in which case, such a thing might not give them a day and may in fact just get more of them killed.
Alternatively, if scum think they are going to get a townie lynched, they have no reason to sabotage their quickylynch victory tommorrow by tossing Nai under the bed.

Scum *could* lynch Nai today, but, they haven't. I do think this is because either Nai is scum, or, more likely, scum is not really feeling antagonized enough yet.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Nai »

I'm fairly sure it's more the fact that they want to use me tomorrow. There may be factors on their side that give them the edge tonight. However, a lynch for me today does not help the town. You'd lose a townie, and tomorrow would be a true lynch or lose, IF they don't get an extra kill tonight by Vig or otherwise. If they do, it's game over tomorrow.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by Glork »

Hay Skruffs, vote 4 ur goon plz.

kthxbai.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Since you have the time to make meaningless throwaway posts Glork, can you answer this?

What is the difference between Zindaras/CarbonCopy and a standard mason group in terms of strategic value to the town?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”