Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #287 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok guys. first off-Hi.
Im reading through the game now. Up until Page 3, i wholeheartedly agree with where the majority of the suspicion is. However i REALLY dislike Nanook's post 62.
I mean, lets say he genuinely noticed that Guardian was hinting cop-something FAR from obvious in his posts. it could easily be a 1 off coincidence as far as he knew. But lets say, it WAS a genuine townie play.
WHY THE HELL WOULD HE BE DIRECTING THE SCUM TO A POTENTIAL COP!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thats role-fishing to the absolute extreme.
If Nanook genuinely thought that Guardian was soft-claiming Cop, he would keep it quiet. i mean, the odds of scum softclaiming cop at this point are FAR slimmer than him being the actual cop. Him calling it suspicious is totally ridiculous.

THEN, perhaps even more surprising, Guardian doesnt get mad about this. He actually declares that Nanook is probably protown, by trying to out the cop. His point is valid and as such i also find it hard to believe that Nanook-scum would make this suspicion so obvious, UNLESS they were BOTH scumbuddies.

It sounds odd that 2 scumbuddies would out themselves that early, but the whole convo strikes me as odd. I could easily see scum doing such a performance, in order for 1 to make himself an accepted cop.

Im still rereading, ill add my thoughts as i come to points of interest.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #289 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

@Adel, there is no point people voting unless they have some suspicions. making them commit to a vote is a protownish request, but such action could lead to wagonning, and a quick-lynch.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #311 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Adel wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:@Adel, there is no point people voting unless they have some suspicions. making them commit to a vote is a protownish request, but such action could lead to wagonning, and a quick-lynch.
Hence the caution to stop when someone is at -3 or -2. Or do you think scum would drop the last two votes to hammer a townie? How can people
not
have suspicions at this point? I look at my notes and I don't have nearly enough information on a number of people. Having more votes to look at may help me separate signal from noise.

Someone credited you with the "logic=scumtell" argument. Was that slander?
probably. alot of people bitch about me, but its just coz they're jealous. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #430 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote:
BM'S getting a prod. Votecount later.
just to clarify guys, im not lurking. ive got exams till the end of the week, at which point i will be rereading any and all games that warrant it. Dont worry, ill be back before the deadline. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #449 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

wow im getting alot of this shit recently :P
its odd. whenever anyone goes away for a matter of months, people dont care. I disappear for a week, and people panic and go awoll.

To clarify here (as i have had to do in various other games):

I am currently doing exams, until Friday. In theory, i shouldnt have time to come on MS and post in ANY games, but i love Mafia so damn much, i come on and post anyway. So, atm there are a select few games that i post in regularly. No, its not an indication of my affiliation in those games, its simply because it doesnt take me long periods of time to catch up on them. I dont believe i even finished my reread in this game, hence i wont be posting mindless crap, until i get the chance to read the game in full.

I apologise for the inconvenience, but i hate being called a lurker. the fact that opportunistic scum think they are clever for waggonning me for it, is infuriating to say the least. :evil:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #451 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MeMe wrote:You haven't "go[ne] away for a matter of months" -- you're all over the site. Quit pretending you don't have time and play this game or get voted for ignoring it, simple as that.
gtfo lol. Im here, but i have RL stuff to deal with atm.
Some people come here every day and post a load of BS, and think that makes them a contributing player.
In fairness, id much rather contribute something useful, even if it means waiting a couple of days.
Oh and while i am here,
Vote: MeMe

there is literally no reason for MeMe-town to take that sort of attitude. Opportunistic scum-MeMe must be here instead.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #453 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MeMe-this is most certainly not the only game in which i am not posting content atm. I can refer you to several others, in fact, about half my games are being treated like this atm. ill get links for you in a sec.
oh and btw, im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see, in contrast to games which require rereads, and thus i have not been awesomely active here.

your last comment hits the nail on the head.
I
DONT
HAVE ANYTHING REAL TO SAY. At least until i have read past the 4th page. :roll:

If you really cared for my opinion, you would damn well wait for a couple more days. Its not as if im lurking indefinitely. Ive openly stated when i will be back, and why.

still, if you want to lynch me out of pure laziness, and lack of care for the game that someone has actually bothered to create and run, be my guest. The town wont thank you for it though.

BM
MeMe wrote:I have no idea what "gtfo" means -- but I'm sure it's delightful!

Do you have any explanation -- any at all -- for why you are able to post actual content in other games? Also, could you please link me to the "various other" games where you've been getting "alot of this shit recently"?

And, keep in mind, I'll be able to link to a lot of other games (and a newbie game sign up) where your exam pressures do not seem to exist...

Battle Mage, seriously. If you are town, you should at least be able to concede that it looks suspicious that you're giving attention elsewhere while pleading exams here. Lashing out isn't a defense -- it just makes you look like you don't have anything
real
to say.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #454 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, its only 4 i think. probably because lazy townies have started a "Lynch-BM Fest" :lol:

Mafia on a Train: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

The New “C9”
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

Stargate SG-1
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 14&start=0

Im not sure how much detail i can go into explaining my reasons behind not posting in those games, but suffice to say, those games share the same scenario as this. Unless you are going to go as far as to say that i am scum in all of them, i dont think your case means alot. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #456 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually i was under the impression that the deadline was on Saturday.
that being the case, i will have time to reread and post my suspicions, and VOTE, before deadline takes place, on the Friday Afternoon.
if you think i can read and analyse and comment effectively on a 20-page game, in 30 mins, you are very much mistaken. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #470 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MeMe wrote:I just realized that BM was providing links to games in which he
isn't posting content
...but I thought he was providing links to games in which he was getting the "shit" he claimed in response to my request.

OK -- that's a little less weird than my assumption that he was providing examples that didn't support his claim of getting grief.

(Sorry for the triple)
rofl. an apology wouldnt go amiss. and yes, that does classify as opportunistic behaviour. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #471 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

thats not what i said atall. dont misinterpret me plz.
the bit about townies lynching me was in response to the lack of active games i have. :roll:

but alright, ill bite. when is the deadline Sherlock? i mean, i obviously havent been paying attention, as i thought it was on Saturday. there again, i suppose you cant trust the mod eh? /sarcasm.

you are jumping at shadows, MoS-style.

My vote stands, and i reccommend others read the latest comments of MeMe, and cast your own vote.

BM

MeMe wrote:I've just looked at his most recent posts elsewhere, though, and here's a quick list where it looks like he's not getting heat (of course, I'm just skimming), which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'" and in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies.

Mafia 66
Animal Crossing
Clue Mafia
Mafia v Wolves
Consulmaker
Ready Salted
Mafia 61: No Theme

I'm really having a difficult time understanding why anyone would be alright with what BM is doing -- especially now that he's clarified that he thought the deadline was even
closer
than it actually is. The three possible scenarios for excusing it are: 1) he's buddy scum, 2) he's town and you know it because you're scum, 3) um...I can't think of a good third, so you'll have to help me out here.

And, Guardian, you can't have it both ways. Either I "started [my] own" bandwagon or the votes that followed are "not [my] fault directly." A first vote does not a bandwagon make -- and catching someone in a lie is, you know
catching someone in a lie,
which certainly justifies a vote, no?

And amen to Adel's last paragraph.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #473 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

leave that till when i actually return eh?
oh and btw, my vote on MeMe isnt really OMGUS. MeMe voted for me ages ago, but it is not that, but the subsequent attempts to lynch a 'lurker' out of laziness that make me think MeMe is scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #500 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:33 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

links to games in which i get 'shit' as you put it, would classify about 90% of my games on this site. Of course, i wont be complying with such a request, because it has absolutely no relevance to the game.

ah, so i DID know when the deadline was. :lol:
thanks for clearing that up. :wink:

have i, or have i not just been talking to you MeMe, within this game?
assuming i have, there is absolutely no excuse for some of the blatant opportunism you have exhibited. Im just glad i turned up when i did, otherwise you might have gotten away with it.

BM

@Yagami-actually, you too have made a mistake. :p
You are referring to the right bit, but you (and probably MeMe was aswell) are taking it in the wrong context. Yes, i did so those words in that order, but the meaning is completely different. If you think it matters atall, ill break it down for you later. i guess that proves i should use commas more... :wink:

MeMe wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:rofl. an apology wouldnt go amiss. and yes, that does classify as opportunistic behaviour. :roll:
To be fair, I
requested
links to games in which you were getting shit -- you
provided
links for something else. I acknowledged the misunderstanding, but you either misinterpreted
my
post or made a deliberate choice to ignore my request. Should
I
be expecting an apology?

As for this:
Battle Mage wrote:but alright, ill bite. when is the deadline Sherlock? i mean, i obviously havent been paying attention, as i thought it was on Saturday. there again, i suppose you cant trust the mod eh? /sarcasm.
Actually, you can trust the mod. He's been giving us the hours to deadline (approximately 84.5 hours away now). For me, the deadline lands at 5 a.m. Sunday morning. For you in England, I think it'd be 11 p.m. Saturday. Since you've said you'd post Friday evening, that's right before the weekend, when participation dips. Just like I said before. Elementary enough for you?

And if this is serious:
Battle Mage wrote: My vote stands, and i reccommend others read the latest comments of MeMe, and cast your own vote.
…the irony should shame you. If it's truly only the latest comments of a game that matter, then you have no defense for your lack of contributions as you would've needed no more than five minutes to catch up!

You are silly, sir.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #501 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

YagamiLight wrote:It seems obvious to me that MeMe wasn't misrepresenting him. So I would have to say the only possible explanation would be that he did so on purpose, as he didn't show where the misrepresentation happened, so one would have to try guessing on where he meant.
Based on that I think I would like BM to confirm that the post i picked was the one he meant, and why he says MeMe misrepresented him.

ROFLMAO. :lol:
so now im scum, trying to misinterpret MeMe into looking like misinterpreting me? that makes a bundle of sense, especially in light of the fact you didnt even read what i was saying in the manner which it was intended.
way to jump to conclusions...

@MeMe-can you also do me a favour, and quit the rubbish about negligence? this is a game remember, that people try to enjoy. Amazingly, there are occassions when RL takes priority. Criticising someone for that is really stupid imo. :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #506 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok, read this carefully:

I explained that the reason i had some games in which i could post, was that they didnt require a lot of detail or reading. After counting the games in which i was NOT posting, i pointed out that this was probably because of the "Lets Lynch BM-fest" thing.

MeMe seems to have mixed these 2 points together, and made something completely different out of it.

there might have been something else that required clarification, but you'll have to direct me to that specifically.

BM

YagamiLight wrote:About BM saying MeMe misinterpreted him...
MeMe wrote:I've just looked at his most recent posts elsewhere, though, and here's a quick list where it looks like he's not getting heat (of course, I'm just skimming), which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'" and in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies. <snip>
I'm assuming you mean here, and for the first part where MeMe says, "which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'"
Battle Mage wrote:actually, its only 4 i think. probably because lazy townies have started a "Lynch-BM Fest" Laughing <snip>
You did indeed say here that there were only four games for you to link due to the Lynch-BM fest.
And for MeMe saying, "in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies." You say that here...
Battle Mage wrote: oh and btw, im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see, in contrast to games which require rereads, and thus i have not been awesomely active here. <snip>
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #511 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol so you would actually rather i voted for you? :o
unfortunately, you have me a bit wrong. You see, my vote on MeMe is based on more than just OMGUS. i am pretty sure that MeMe is scum. if there is one thing i have learnt in Mafia, it is to stand by your beliefs. I dont see how farsically pretending to go after others will help atall, especially when we are near a deadline.
Obviously, if it comes to a choice between lynch and no-lynch, i will choose the former, but there is still time to lynch MeMe scum.
BM

*oh and fyi-how the hell can the most honest comments i make be the most insincere? i mean, even if i WAS scum in this game, the fact that i dont have time to read is the truth.

**btw-if you are so keen that we avoid No-Lynching, why the heck are you voting for me???-(someone with equal votes to MeMe)

BM
Adel wrote:Battle Mage: I have a suggestion: drop the whole MeMe thing. She isn't even voting for you anymore. No one is basing a vote on your lengthy and probably time-consuming exchanges, yet.

Read the whole thread, weigh in on a couple of issues with the level of analysis you are obviously capable of. Cast a vote for someone other than MeMe and fling a couple of FoS's around. That is what would help the town. I don't see you convincing anyone into joining you on the MeMe wagon today. More noise along the lines of "I don't have time to post; I'm being mis-represented" doesn't help the town, and makes you look both scummy and insincere.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #520 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

lol Nanos-that is ridiculous. you deserve to die just for that.
Unfortunately, Adel is also making some equally wierd comments.

Why the hell would any townie choose to lie about their suspicions?
i am told that some players, like MoS, hide their true suspicions, so the scum dont realise he is onto them, and leave him for endgame.
I find that a weak policy. Id much rather make clear my views as early as possible. If it means me dying in the early stages of the scum, thats fine, AS LONG AS THE TOWN PAYS ATTENTION TO MY COMMENTS ONCE I AM GONE.

im starting to potentially see a MeMe-Adel scumpair. IOU 1 read and analysis today.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #522 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

wha? why didnt you say that when i replaced in! rofl.
Im rereading now btw. EXAMS ARE OVER! :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #526 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

crap, i g2g now, and im only on page 11. ill be on before deadline, but not by much. still, at least if i die tonight, you will have my analysis to go on :)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #543 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

lol this game is active which is great, but you guys are REALLY paranoid. :lol:
Also, you seem to have failed to read the rules, as not only is there unlikely to be a 'Hammer' today, it is the person with the MOST VOTES who is lynched at deadline. Thus i will vote for the person who i think is scummiest obviously.
Finishing read now.

BM

*Woah wait a sec?!
PM
???
ah, i thought it was 11AM, thus i only had a couple hours when i got up :p
phew :)

Adel wrote:I see BM as possibly setting himself to drop a hammer vote.

I changed my vote back to NanoS because BM stopped taking the bait. My vote stopped generating evidence- and started being meaningless.

It looks like the choice is pretty much coming down to me and NanoS. I guess there is the possibility of a late wagon on BM or someone else, but I don't see it happening.

Please be careful about putting additional votes on me. I can see a BM hammer attached to a long post excusing it, in my future. Not good for town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #550 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Erotomachia wrote:Why do you keep procrastinating, Battle Mage? It appears that you're purposefully putting off your vote until the last minute. With the way you're acting, Adel's concerns seem legitimate.
i dont know what you mean by 'procrastinating'. :oops:

fyi, i think the specuilation about potential hammers is ridiculous. If you think someone doesnt deserve to be lynched, why are you choosing to ignore the people currently on the wagon? the fact that there currently IS the potential for a hammer, indicates that perhaps some people consider that person scummy. Do me a favour and dont whinge at me till i do something that warrants it.

oh and btw, i AM genuinely sorry for my unreliable time schedule. I can really say alot else, nor can i do any more. i will however add the wifom that, BM-scum who is accused of lurking, is probably going to start posting more. Im not saying my lack of content is a case for my innocence, but some stuff people are saying...the mind boggles... :shock:

and this brings me on to my next 'excuse'. I dont have my previous 11 pages of analysis, and cant access them atm. So you're going to have to make do with an analysis of the 2 players who could still be lynched today.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #554 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote:Some 7 hours or so till deadline.

I can't stop laughing from 549.
Theo, stop associating with the scum. :roll:

Analysis:

Interestingly, both claimed cops are voting Adel. Adel fishes A LOT. Potential relationship with MeMe. Makes a poll, which looks quite protown. Makes that comment about directing the vig, which is either totally dumb, or very scummy. I could potentially see over-confident over-active scum. More analysis of players. Pbpa doesn’t reveal a lot. Desperately pushes for people to commit to votes. Appears over-keen for an early lynch.
Later requests for a deadline extension. Possibly trying to look good. Comments on my absence. Later votes for me based on a fallacy. Nice. Also calls me a liar-odd when I hadn’t even said anything. lol
Then makes perhaps the scummiest post of the entire game. The one begging me to stop pressuring MeMe. It makes little sense for a protown player to say that-especially such a competent one.
Panics that im going to hammer her. Odd seeing as im one of several people not to vote, and I had given little indication that I thought she was scummy. Continues making evidence out of thin air.
Difficult to judge overall. Some posts make her look like dirty-scum, and others make her look like the greatest asset to the town. Id say overall: Fairly Scummy.

Ah Nano. Much less to analyse here then lol. First post of interest, he appears to OMGUS vote Adel. Threatens to vote me for lurking. Appears not to understand what it is going on. Then makes a post saying that he gives up. I believe some people regard such play as a scumtell. Makes a ridiculous comment that I am an SK. :D
Again, relatively scummy points throughout his play.

Its hard to call this one. I could see either as scum, and I don’t think id be sad to see either get lynched. However, there are big differences in their playstyles. We have Adel, who posts a lot of content, and is actually useful to the town. If shes not scum, she’d be a big loss to the town. On the other hand, I find Nano’s play more excusable. I could potentially see him as noob-town, who is genuinely finding the game too much. Adel on the other hand, id say was a safer bet to be scum.

so,
Vote: Adel

Its not a hammer, especially in light of Guardians suspect change of heart, but im going to play this game honestly-even if it means me getting lynched earlier than i should. Im not sure what happens in the case of a tie, but im be no means convinced of Nano's innocence either, so i think we have a shot at scum either way.

oh and again, if i die tonight, ffs kill MeMe tomorrow. unless both cops claim her innocent, im going to maintain that she is mafia here.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #580 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

well im a bit surprised about that. Still, you all know what you need to do now.
good luck town.
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #925 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Adel wrote:I think I was more of a liability to the town than a benefit.

Day 3 went pretty badly. YB seemed to have so many liabilities, and Streeflo presented his case so cleanly that I didn't have too much doubt that YB was the correct choice.

I think CO made his choice on the last day for the right reasons. I probably would have made the same decision.

I really enjoyed this game, and playing with all of you.
hmm, much as i dislike the fact that you killed me in cold blood, you did save me the hassle of the futile defending myself the next day thing. lol
Good Win by the scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”