Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Vote: Jex

She knows why.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:27 pm

Well, mistaking gender is a big deal. It's a lynchable offense, apparently. :-)
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:36 am

Yes, it most certainly is. I do love me some John Galt.

As to the being put at L-2 and subsequent torrent of discussion, I don't have much to contribute. I don't see it as particularly scummy, because quicklynching on day one is shaky at best for scum in an C9 game, and in any other it'd just be stupid.

That phrase, "If the scum don't want to give themselves away" does seem a bit quirky to me, but it's not anything substantial, nothing I'd want to run with.

Be aware of the pirate.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:32 pm

Mirth and Grek: either the best early distancing I've ever seen in my life, or at least one of you are townies, very possibly both. I'm going to discount the first as even being plausible, because that was ridiculous to read. I wasn't even gone a whole day, and that's more discussion than is needed to make me happy; sure, it was arguing whether or not that was a trap to catch mafia, and if so, if it had any potential to be successful, but at least it was intense posting.

I agree with the post above me, referring to what I understood when I read "third vote = good enough." That's exactly what I took from it, because the third vote is a cursed one in lots of people's eyes.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:30 pm

But if that's the case, then they're distancing so hard...
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:46 pm

benhalkum wrote:Well, with being just a good guy I am only having to go off of suspecions and randomness like you guys.

You think without a shadow of a doubt Mirth is Town, then tell me. I'll go with my fellow good guys
Whoa, back the train up and hop on the caboose with some red paint!

First, I agree with the people above me; I would say why I think you're sketch atm, but others have done it and I'm not a mockingbird. I'll simply say I concur.

This sounds like you're trying to hitch yourself up with Mirth's alignment.
Now, for me, Mirth has thus far been sounding pro-town; this is mostly just because I am taking her side in the gregarious argument above (jokes! It's anything but). If we find out you're scum, this post seems to me like it'll clear or damn Mirth. I don't know yet which way it'll swing, but you're trying to align yourself in some way with her. It won't leave any ambiguity. It is also an excuse for the abdication from your brainpower in the discussion that is hopefully to follow throughout the game. We don't want your blind obedience, we want your vote to be placed where YOU best think we can win. Your own deliberation should take precedence over ours, because it's the mafia who want blind followers, not the town.

FOS benhalkum
. I don't want to put a fourth on quite yet, but I'm tempted. The reasons for this should be reasonably clear; weak reasoning for your vote, voting for who I think had the right in the argument, and you posting what someone else quoted and said "this is why I'm voting for you." Muy weak sauce, señor.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:18 pm

Nox wrote: So in your mind Mirth is guilty until proven innocent?
Yup. In mafia, people are guilty until proven innocent with me. After all, we've got a quarter of our population trying to kill us!

@ deliciousgoldfish; I meant his defense and posts were weak, not the voting for him. He's either scum or playing poor town ATM.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:13 pm

I am going to have to agree with Jex. Ben is probably playing the oddest, but not necessarily the scummiest. It's really unorthodox, and the small tells like purposely putting "I'm town" into his posts when it should be implied raise some flags in my head.
With that said, I'm going to
Unvote, Vote: grek
Poor logic, arguing a lost point, and coming up with reasoning that was missing before the action; you are not following causality, good señor. I believe that from the way you were wording your posts (which I don't really want to get into, because it's all those big posts in the argument w/ Mirth), that you are not telling the truth. I am a huge LAL fan, because it's very rare that townies should want to deceive the town.
I don't know off the top of my head how many that is. I don't really care, because I think grek is scum and I want him lynched.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:55 pm

Ditto. Waiting for Apo.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Where the hell is Apo? I've been waiting for something, anything, but I've been getting nothing. We didn't even get a confirmation "I'm here" post.

...And yes, this is my response to the prod. I've been reading the thread.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:14 pm

I agree with what some of Mirth said. The scum will generally try to keep alive the shady looking townies, because they're the ones most likely to get lynched. The ones who look squeaky clean won't divert suspicion, and unless someone does some strawmanning, it's hard to mount an argument of someone being "too townie."

With that said, I didn't like where that last post was going. It was getting into a good bit of WIFOM, saying who the mafia would pick and wouldn't pick. I understand you made it clear you don't buy into the theory of absolutes in predicting mafia (when you wrote *WON"T*), but it looked like this particular post was set up for Grek dying during the night and you claiming "that's not what I would have done!" That's not necessarily where that post was intended to go, but I got a couple vibes of laying groundwork for later in that post.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:16 pm

I love the WIFOM being typed out. It's absolutely correct, which is why it's malarkey. It just comes down to a guessing game... are they using reverse psychology, reverse reverse psychology, etc? Even or odd, is what it boils down to.

I don't think there are other roles that are anti-town besides the mafia because nobody died N1. I think a dr. could have saved one person, or a roleblocker could have blocked a kill, but the odds on both happening are very low. A vig can choose not to kill.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Hooray!
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:36 pm

I feel that Grek could have had a poorly laid plan. IMO, it was so likely to fail that I doubt it ever had a chance of working, and I think Grek thought the same thing. I believe Mirth had the right of it in that debate, that the threat of quick-lynching was not worth it; the pros did not outweigh the cons, just because the likelihood of there being scum that are so oblivious that they'll hammer whenever they get the chance is slim to none on a good day.

With that said: the fact that I took Mirth's side in that argument does not mean I necessarily think Grek is scum OR that Mirth isn't. It simply means I believe that she had logic and truth on her side. If a wise man argues the losing side of an argument with a buffoon, then the buffoon is still right; he might lose the argument because he isn't as eloquent, but this is going into the philosophy of whether or not there's a universal, objective truth. I say yes. Also, Grek, I am not comparing you to a buffoon, it's just a metaphor. I think you're far from it.

From your couple of posts, doctor (since DR is such a convenient name shortening), I'm not reading scum. Naturally, you can slip into whatever niche you want with replacing into the game, not having to follow your predecessor's footsteps... I'm very happy you're taking a different approach. I think it could just be a more impatient playing style that comes from quicker games, but I've got all the time in the world, and you post like you think the same way (and no, this isn't me trying to buddy up).

Unvote
. I don't know if I was voting anyone, but ATM I don't feel like anybody is playing in a manner that'll get them lynched quickly, and I don't need to use pressure votes until I see where I want to put pressure.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:20 pm

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:
Mirth wrote:I like how you forget to mention that Jex voted for you before I asked you to talk before Grek did a pbp of you. Just thought I'd point that out.
Get your facts straight: Jex FOSed me for lack of participation. She didn't vote for me. She even wrote "Delicious I don't really know what to think of yet. I've played with her in past games and she acts similar to what she is now. I also know that's she's really busy. I've been an RA...the first month sucks :P "

Also: Panties = bad language? That's honestly laughable... :lol:

Mirth is definitely squirming even though I haven't voted or even necessarily pointed any "Fingers Of Suspicion."

The only reason Grek doesn't sit well with me is well, their overall fishy play... And the pbpa doesn't sit well with me because their analysis concluded I was indeed fishy (hehe, pun DEFINITELY intended). That is somewhat OMGUSy but... it's all I've got to go on right now. But the fact that Grek did explain they did a pbpa because there wasn't one for me well... made the whole situation sit a little better with me. Not completely though because let's face it, when someone suspects you and you're not mafia, you tend to get the feeling that they are mafia.
I get a lot of blah blah blah through this, but I can tell you from having played with DG: When she's town, she thinks everybody who suspects her is mafia. That's how she does it. The last sentence in the quote is the only one worth looking at, because it screams pro-town to me because that's her thinking pattern. As flawed as it is, she jumps on anybody who looks at her when she's town.

...And yes, I realize that in games after this one it'll be a WIFOM, so this is the last time it'll work, but I hope to just end this little dey-bah-te.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 pm

Drat. I'm going to add a little extra slash mark through mine to make me look better.

ATA: +

Ahh, there. Much better.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”