Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Jex »

vote adam the amazing
because I don't believe he's amazing
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Jex »

benhalkum wrote:VOTE: Jex for being a grey care bear and having a title of mafia scum.

:P
unvote vote benhalkum
for dissing the coolest carebear ever! hehe :-P
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by Jex »

benhalkum wrote:I have to disagree, grump bear is the coolest carebear ever.
I like cheer bear personally. But Brightheart Raccoon was my ultimate fav!!
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by Jex »

I love that I already have three votes on me...mostly because my avatar is awesome.

[unvote vote Nox[/b] - Killing me for my carebear? Really?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 pm

Post by Jex »

EBWOP:
unvote vote nox
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Jex »

unvote

Wow...votes on Nox skyrocketed incredibly fast.
FOS inhim and grek
for jumping on the bandwagon so quickly.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Jex »

I find it more likely for scum to put the 4th or 5th vote on a bandwagon then for them to hammer at the end. The hammer vote is almost always over zealous townies or incredibly stupid scum. The scum tend to hide in the middle of a bandwagon and hope that the town will finish it off. These two posts bug me a lot:
inHimshallibe wrote:
unvote
vote: Nox

Third vote = good enough!
First off...inhim was the fourth vote on Nox, not the third. However in my first count I thought I was the second, so I can see how this was overlooked. I still don't see a need for a third vote either seeing as how there really wasn't anything to go off of. My vote had been a joke and the two before that were claimed to be random.
Grek wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Nox
This quote from Grek came right after making him the 5th vote on Nox. He had no given reasoning until someone called him out on the 5th vote.

In my previous post I FOSed both of these people and still think they are highly suspicious. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind inhim's fourth vote so for now I'm going to
unvote, vote inhimshallbe
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by Jex »

lol...didn't refresh the screen and see Haschel's post before I posted mine. Oh well.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:56 pm

Post by Jex »

Grek wrote:
Jex wrote:This quote from Grek came right after making him the 5th vote on Nox. He had no given reasoning until someone called him out on the 5th vote.
If I posted that I was voting to try to trap the scum, it wouldn't be a very good trap, would it?
No, but I don't think your trap was very liable to begin with.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by Jex »

Adam The Amazing wrote:Mirth and Grek: either the best early distancing I've ever seen in my life, or at least one of you are townies, very possibly both. I'm going to discount the first as even being plausible, because that was ridiculous to read. I wasn't even gone a whole day, and that's more discussion than is needed to make me happy; sure, it was arguing whether or not that was a trap to catch mafia, and if so, if it had any potential to be successful, but at least it was intense posting.

I agree with the post above me, referring to what I understood when I read "third vote = good enough." That's exactly what I took from it, because the third vote is a cursed one in lots of people's eyes.
I disagree with your distancing theory. I just finished a game (Kingdom Hearts Mafia) where the first day two mafia went at it therefore leaving one of them deemed innocent in the town's eyes for a long time afterwards. Don't trust that one is town simply because they are arguing.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Jex »

Grek wrote:I would like to hear what else ben has to say before I vote. Leaning heavily towards him being scum.
Fos:benhalkum
I'd just like to point out that this is the second bandwagon you've jumped on in the few pages that we have had. I know you FOSed him, not voted, but had you voted it would put you once again at vote 5. Seems a tad suspicious to me.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:52 pm

Post by Jex »

I guess I don't fully understand the ben thing and will have to go back and reread through things. Is it all because he hasn't justified his vote on Mirth? I don't think I'm ready to call him scum just yet. Again, I need to reread him and see how I feel.

However, I find grek still mighty sketchy (especially after the vote counts I pointed out in my last post) and I realized my vote isn't on him and it should be...so
unvote vote grek
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Jex »

Mirth wrote:Jex, what made you change your vote?
Jex Post 87 wrote:I'd just like to point out that this is the second bandwagon you've jumped on in the few pages that we have had. I know you FOSed him, not voted, but had you voted it would put you once again at vote 5. Seems a tad suspicious to me.
This is when I meant to change my vote, but I thought I was already voting for Grek at the time I posted it. I just feel that Grek is doing a great job of following the town bandwagon around as the suspicion changes from one person to another.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Jex »

I'm definitely starting to realize why everyone thinks Ben is scum. I still have grek at the top of my list though, with ben in a close second.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by Jex »

Grek wrote:
Adam The Amazing wrote: Poor logic, arguing a lost point, and coming up with reasoning that was missing before the action; you are not following causality, good señor.
The reasoning was there, I just didn't share it the town until later as part of a stratigic move. Can you point out where I was not follow causality or had poor logic?
I believe that from the way you were wording your posts (which I don't really want to get into, because it's all those big posts in the argument w/ Mirth), that you are not telling the truth. I am a huge LAL fan, because it's very rare that townies should want to deceive the town.
I did not lie at all. What I did was more like a cop not posting the names of the innocents he has found so they aren't nightkilled for being a confirmed innocent. Would you lynch a cop for that?
I don't know off the top of my head how many that is. I don't really care, because I think grek is scum and I want him lynched.
That would be the 5 vote. You should always check how many votes there are before voting. It is bad by at best and scummy at worst not to.
ben wrote:ok, then re-wind.. pull out the place that says soemthing about a reason and replace with random.. my reason is randomness.
That is a very poor reason. Not to be rude, but you seem to have very poor grasp of logic or be realy not good at playing as scum or you are a very unstuble jester. I am leaning toward jester.
Adam is vote 4 on you if I counted correctly (mirth, pug, jex, adam).

Also, what makes you think our game has a jester? This is the second time you bring it up, and both times it is towards ben. I find it odd that you found him scummy enough to FOS, yet now you are playing it off as a jester type. Possible scum connection?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Jex »

Mirth wrote:Also, I'm in another game with Ben, and he's acting pretty much the same way. (I'm not sure what to make of him in either game, but I'm going to keep my eye on him because he is most certainly not being helpful).
I'm also in another game with ben and he acts the same way. I don't know his role because it is also just beginning, but it seems his play style may just be that way. Hence the reason I'm keeping my eye more on Grek then Ben at the moment.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by Jex »

camisade wrote:My vote is
still
staying on benhalkum. Is it a possible strategy for scum to pretend to be a Jester in order to throw people off and try to prevent people from killing them? :?
Yes. And I really don't think Ben is a jester. He is playing the exact same way in another game which makes me think it is his play style and not a jester like quality.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Post by Jex »

inHimshallibe wrote:Really, really sorry about being away for over 5 days. I anticipated only being gone the weekend like normal, but I had some responsibilities at our county fair shoved upon me, and then a lifelong neighbor of ours died shortly after that, and I just haven't made it around to the forums until now. Sorry again.

Ok, so
unvote
vote: Grek

I like this wagon much better than ben's, as I've noted. I'm wagoning for wagoning's sake, for those that will demand a reason from me.
Seriously? You've been gone 5 days and this is what you choose to post? I thought your 4th vote for Nox early on was sketchy, but I was willing to overlook it. But wagoning for wagoning's sake? Scummy scum scummerson.
unvote vote inhim
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:34 pm

Post by Jex »

Mirth wrote:
DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Wow. I just read it again and noticed some funny little hint-dropping... benhalkum and InHim appear, in my eyes, to be scum partners.

They throw suspicion each others' way... Jut little bits... Nothing solid. benhalkum even says "as if trying to get people suspecious of me." then votes him even though he said 2 posts prior to that that he didn't think voting him would be wise yet. He only voted him because he was prodded to for looking like he defended him.

wtf mate?

No wonder Inhim says he thinks the new bandwagon is better than the wagon against ben... haha.

Though obviously I can't PROVE this until the game ends or they are nked or lynched but... I believe I have a good theory goin.
Yet there is something that doesn't add up with this theory. InHim is obviously an experienced player. So why would he be basically giving himself away like that if he is mafia? I don't get it.
Experience doesn't necessarily equal good player. I've definitely learned this from some people who consistently play horribly no matter who many times it gets you lynched.

And as to recent posts...wow. I really don't know who seems scummier between ben and inhim at the moment. I'm keeping my vote on inhim because he caught my attention first and I would like to hear his defense.

As for Ben, I really don't like the change of tune after people started questioning inhim.

@ Delicious: I like your point about the scum buddies (ben and inhim). I don't know if I'm completely ready to link both, but they are equally sketchy and seem to have rather strange play tactics at the moment. I want to do a reread of the game (probably tomorrow because it's late) and look more into this theory.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Jex »

Welcome to the game Apo!

My vote is still on inhim because I don't think he's cleared his name, but Grek is still high on my list of scum and getting higher. I feel his past few posts have been nothing but "yes lets look at inhim now" type posts. I feel he's attacking incredibly hard in order to make sure the attention doesn't come back to him. For now I simply
FOS Grek
, but he is high on my scum list.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Jex »

Mirth wrote:Grek, his answer seemed to be that "it's too early to think anything" unless I'm reading something wrong...and I know I shall be getting more flak for this, but I really don't like how hard Grek is pushing. I agree with Nox about it seeming like Grek is trying to get rid of attention.
I agree with you about Grek's pushing. I don't like that he states it is just his playstyle, yet he didn't really choose to push hard against someone until after people began looking at him as a possible suspect. Grek is still high on my list of scum, but I don't know who I want to vote for at this point. For now
unvote
until I have some time to read through posts again and get a better idea of things.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Jex »

As for Grek, I don't really know what I think of him. His actions wreak of scummyness, but I can see the other side of the argument too (him playing like a newbie or just excited that he had a plan, flawed as it might be.)

For the whole Dr/Apo/Ben wagon, I never really thought ben was scum so I don't really find Dr scummy now. Dr has had some very nice posts that ultimately seem protown, for now. As for his predecessor, Ben acted that way in other games as well which is why I didnt' necessarily find his actions scummy right off the bat.

My scum list now? I don't know. Right now Mirth seems to have some eloquent posts, but I feel he's fighting too hard. Grek still isn't cleared off my list either. I'm hoping to hear how some others (especially the lurkers) give their opinions in hopes of getting some insight. As of now, I'm kiind of confused and don't know what to think yet.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Jex »

I did a reread of a couple of players that I didn't really have a feel for yet.

Haschel Cedricson:
I read through and overall get a protown vibe from him. He's not on the innocent list by any means, but for now he's not high on my scum list either. Scum or not, his pbpa of mirth and grek were a lot of help for the town. He also seems to be going with a lot of his own thoughts instead of jumping on bandwagons as most others are.

Deliciousgoldfish:
it's hard to get a read. The only player she has gone after has been be, and her last post said she was waiting for Apo to post to see about clearing ben's name. I'm hoping that she will post soon as apo was replaced and Dr has been pretty active. I would like to hear more thoughts on the situation from her.

Pug89:
I reread pug after reading Mexel's post. I haven't really been looking at Pug too hard, and thought I would. I can see where Mexel is coming from. The two players he has brought up as possible scum are the main two: Grek and Ben. His ideas didn't seem to be original. Against grek he used a bunch of Mirth's arguments. He then jumped on the Ben wagon with an FOS and not a vote as soon as attention started turning that way.

I still want to look through a few more players that I don't have a read on, but for now I feel comfortable putting some more pressure on pug.
vote pug89
. Also
FOS Deliciousgoldfish
as she said she would post after Apo spoke, but still hasn't responded.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Jex »

I didn't realize that we were going to start doing a PBPA on everyone. I find it interesting that Grek randomly started doing a PBPA after Haschel started doing them. I also don't like that Grek decided to do a PBPA on delicious right after I brought her up as a suspect. He seems to send his attention wherever he thinks he can sway the most votes, and delicious is his new target.

I forget who pointed it out as I just did a quick read-through of the last posts, but I agree that Zin is kinda sketch with posting everywhere else but not in this game. I'll do a reread of him and a few other players that I haven't really looked at a little later today.

As for mexel's question, I still find HC pretty protown. However, I would like to hear more from him besides PBPAs.

Delicious I don't really know what to think of yet. I've played with her in past games and she acts similar to what she is now. I also know that's she's really busy. I've been an RA...the first month sucks :-P

Jex is me, so I'll leave that up to other people to analyze.

Zin and DR I'll do a read-through of later on in the day.

Now I'm off to set up utilities for my house...more money to spend...woot
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Jex »

Mexal wrote:Jex, I was actually asking Pug89, not you but thanks for answering anyway :)
Sorry, I thought your question was geared toward everyone. Guess I misread.
Mexal wrote:I don't believe Grek's pbpa to be all that suspicious. I mean, when I brought up Pug89 as a suspect, you immediately went back and reread him. What's so suspicious about Grek doing the same thing to DG? Seems hypocritical to criticize Grek for doing the exact thing you did, albeit in a different fashion.
I guess for me it's more than just him jumping on the DG analysis. It seems that he is quick to jump on whoever is being put under the microscope. He chooses to not look at someone until they are brought up, then attack, then sit back and wait until either he needs to defend himself or he needs to shift attention. It seems to be a pattern with him. Maybe I'm looking too much into things, I don't really know.

I don't really have much to add about the last few posts. I'd like to hear more from Oman once he finished reading the thread. I feel a lot that was brought up in the past two pages or so has been hashed out to death (for example the Grek's scum finding plan) and I don't have anything to add to that as I've already said all of my thoughts on the subject.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Jex »

Oman wrote:Guys, Goldfish has not only played quite scummily (check my analysis for my reasons) but also gone to (OMGUS) town on me and mirth. I don't want a nolynch today, its never a good thing.
I understand your outlook on Delicious. However, I am weary to vote for her because she always plays such an OMGUSy townsperson. I've played many games with her and almost find her more scummy sounding when she's town. I'm not defending her or saying I don' suspect her, I just don't think I have a good enough read on her quite yet. For now my vote stays on Pug.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Jex »

According to Wikipedia:
After their ship crashed into sharp rocks, Shrek, Donkey, Puss, and Arthur get stranded on a island where they met Arthur's retired teacher Merlin. Since he retired due to a nervous breakdown (although he calls it "third-level fatigue"), Merlin is rather crazy and his magic spells usually go wrong. In order to help Shrek and Arthur reconcile, he makes them look into a thick cloud of smoke to reveal their thoughts.
Not exactly who I would see as a doctor, but I can't think of who I would put as the doctor either. For now
unvote
. I'm going to look back at some people.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Jex »

i really don't like your claim pug. I'm confused on how you are a doctor but aren't a doctor. Is there more to your role that you aren't sharing?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Post by Jex »

Alright...we only have so long until the deadline. If we're not going with Pug I would like to hear who people think is the next best choice. I agree that I don't want to lynch a claimed doctor, but I still don't like the claim. I don't know why, it just seems really off with the character of Merlin.

As for my next choice, I don't really know.

Grek has been suspicious most of the game, but I've started to think he isn't as bad as when we first started. I'm not opposed to a Grek lynch, but I'm not advocating it either.

Delicious - has always played really sketchy in every game and this game is no exception. I always have a really hard time reading her. I'd like to hear more from her as to what she thinks in the game, versus just defending herself.

Inhim: i really don't like. I pointed this out in the beginning. I also hate that he has gone inactive. I don't feel comfortable lynching someone that hasn't spoken the whole game. I would love to see him replaced if he is not going to be participating. Right now is such an essential time with a deadline approaching, and he hasn't posted a thing to help us along.

Adamtheamazing: hasn't really added anything to the discussion. a lot of his posts are joking or fighting WIFOM arguments (which he states are WIFOM so I don't understand why he continues). He doesn't really add anything to the game, but I don't necessarily think he's scum either. I'd just like to hear more from him.

As for others, I need to do a reread of some players. These are the ones that stand out in my mind for now. It's difficult because we have quite a few lurkers and a deadline that is only 18 hours or so away.

for now
vote delicious
. I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”