MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:24 am

Post by MCHammer »

have to say I'm pretty confused by DA voting for themselves just to prove a point...seems either a childish move or a scum move just for the sake of confusion. Not making a random vote either b/c of the mis-lynch potential, but keeping my eye on this: would prefer to wait-see for a minute before voting.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:01 am

Post by MCHammer »

If I get a rapid lynch for putting down the hammer vote, once I'm shown to be a townie, the WIFOM will become very thick.
The problem with this is that you yourself have already made the WIFOM so thick that you have to now get lynched just to unmuddle things! If you are town, then why further confuse the issue by just wanting to shake it up??? Seems much more like some wierd doublebluff scum move so I'm having a major
FOS: kaosfere
, not b/c I think you are dumb scum to make that hammer, but b/c I think you were relying on it being so obvious that it can't be true. Town should be keeping things as clear as possible.

The DA lynch was far too quick & I still want to hear more before throwing a vote around.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:04 am

Post by MCHammer »

You're voting for yourself? That's a new approach...
sorry scmp, who was this aimed at?
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:55 am

Post by MCHammer »

FOS: IH
although may be coming across proactive 'cando'ness, I'm seeing the super quick voting/wagon-jumping as scummy a whole lot more than not.

p.s. could someone give me a translation on
IGMEO
- couldn't spy it in the wiki

kaosfere wrote:
But even should that occur, we will still have more "lives",
This seems to me to be insinuating that it doesn't matter if a few townies die b/c we have so many to start with. I think I'm going to have to hear a pretty good explanation from kaosfere for me not to vote for you at this point (this is assuming someone else doesn't hammer you first).

I'm thinking kaosfere is scum here & IH is sacrificing him so that suspicion is removed from himself due to the lynch participation
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by MCHammer »

DeathSauce wrote: I wouldnt go so far as calling it a case, I'm just calling it suspicious that we have had 2 lynches in a very short amount of time, and 2 players in this game are 50% responsible for them.
Wouldn’t you call that looking at the situation? I think you’re just trying to start another wagon (seeing as how twitchy everyone seems in this game)

I agreed with the reasoning, but post 55: the thing is, you didn’t actually respond to my FOS on you, apart from to be slightly churlish a/b it…& now I see you seeming to do the same thing that I accused you of! In a game where people are getting lynched _way_ too quick – that is why I’m freaking out over you.
khelvaster wrote:
I wouldn't consider anyone hammering DA to be scum atm

So you were assuming that the kaosfere was pro town – isn’t this like a major scumtell???
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:54 am

Post by MCHammer »

Apologies - my post 72 was actually aimed almost completely at
IH
rather than DeathSauce - thought I'd included that when typing, but there was alot of cut+paste going on & I think the first line or two might have gotten cut & then never pasted.

Incidentally, the due to the twitchyness of this, that's exactly why I haven't laid any votes yet also
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:49 am

Post by MCHammer »

a/b Khelv:
IH wrote: Seriously, opportunistic scum.
I totally agree - Khelv's posts have come across as weak so far & I'm unhappy with his statement in post34
I wouldn't consider anyone hammering DA to be scum atm

IGMEOY Khelv

a/b IH:
JDodge wrote:In other words, let's make the town afraid of lynching because it might be arbitrarily decided they were "speedlynching".
I also completely agree with this - I feel like IH is almost bullying here & this, as far as I can see, is WIFOM. I agreed with the lynch on kaosfere, but not for the same reasons & I think IH is just trying to muddle things by first being involved on the votes for both DA & kaosfere, & then telling people that we should fear a quicklynch.

I don't like the fact that we are hearing so little from scmp, Gatorguy91.

vote: IH
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:41 am

Post by MCHammer »

WOW! khelv you really wanna get IH lynched!!! If I didn't feel so strongly a/b him myself, I'd just have to instantly switch my vote to you!! However, you can rest assured that, if the IH lynch disappears, or we hit D-3 my next vote is on you.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:23 am

Post by MCHammer »

I like where my vote is thank you, it's just that I think khelv is scum
also
& don't really want to come across as a flip-flopper by switching it. I'm not the only person in this game, so I figured if others felt strongly a/b it then there'd be no harm in them voting also.

I've stated my reasons for my vote & if someone would like me to explain my reasoning in greater depth; tell me what it is you have a problem with & I'll do my best to clarify.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:38 am

Post by MCHammer »

IH if you look at my post 3&4, that’s where&why I start to get suspicious, then in my post 6 that I made I said:
I wrote: I feel like IH is almost bullying here & this, as far as I can see, is WIFOM. I agreed with the lynch on kaosfere, but not for the same reasons & I think IH is just trying to muddle things by first being involved on the votes for both DA & kaosfere, & then telling people that we should fear a quicklynch.
Which is why I’ve voted for you – and then DS made post 126 which made me smile b/c I was thinking a similar as I read through that section.

Being on both wagons would’ve been much more of a moot point if you hadn’t then made a quick vote on khelv.

@ Gatorguy91 – what’s yr. opinion over this whole IH/khelv thing that’s under discussion here???
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:42 am

Post by MCHammer »

Seeing as I've now gone to the trouble of repeating myself, would you now like to tell me what, if anything, else you are having a problem with...seeing as I'm
not
voting for you on the pure basis of you being on both lynches?
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:12 am

Post by MCHammer »

Thats not really the thing for me on IH - I think my problems with him lie mainly from the tone of his 'fearing' quicklynch post, but at the same time being very quick to vote himself - came across as contradictory, like he was allowed to do it, but other people weren't, which made things rather confusing. Also there is the 'someone who's town' thing, which doesn't look that healthy.

I've never said that the DA & kaos lynches shouldn't have happened - It was unfortunate that they both decided to play that way b/c it's put the town in a weaker position & in my mind, made things more confusing than they needed to be....which I think was partly DAs point.

I'm tempted to change my vote over to Khelv as I've (publicly) been suspcious of him for a while, but there really isn't any rush here so I'm happy to see what happens.

Vote stays.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:59 am

Post by MCHammer »

paradoxombie wrote:okay I'm hesitant to vote Khelv since it seems like everyone on the wagon has the same reasons for voting and that makes learning from the lynch difficult. But I guess we have limited information already and it's not increasing at all particularly so screw it.

Since, apparently there's no claiming neccessary:
Vote: Khelvaster
so why did you vote Kelv again? Have you given up on this game, or were you just frustrated with the pace (seriously...are you finding it too slow?)
paradoxombie wrote:Wow that still doesn't explain why I thought I was hammering before that mistaken votecount. I guess somehow I remembered IH's vote but forgot he unvoted. Odd.
...you meant to hammer...???
IH wrote:We have to be careful to make sure we don't accidentally hammer, but if anyone prematurely hammers, they should be lynched post haste
IH - do you think we should now lynch paradoxombie then?
Gatorguy wrote:HATE, HATE, HATE. IH should be today's lynch.
Why exactly???

Anyways, the fact that Kelv turned out as a townie doesn't change my reasoning for voting IH one bit - vote same as yesterday:
vote: IH
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:40 am

Post by MCHammer »

So wait there...
OMGUS!!!!!
IH, that is pretty weak.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:59 am

Post by MCHammer »

IH wrote:OMGUS, or you not reading and just trying to push a case on me again?
Not really trying to push a case against you
again
, it was more me saying that my opinions against you haven't changed after the Khelv lynch - I took a while to wait for my vote; rather than chucking on whoever I had a hunch over, I decided to wait & see who came across the most clearly (IMHO) - I think you may have notcied by now that I've been pretty clear in my opinions on you for some time.
IH wrote:Clearly you should pay attention. There was not a hammer. There was a mod mistake.
I was more referring to...
Groinhammer wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote: Wow that still doesn't explain why I thought I was hammering before that mistaken votecount. I guess somehow I remembered IH's vote but forgot he unvoted. Odd.
...you meant to hammer...???
...hence my
OMGUS
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:32 am

Post by MCHammer »

I think at this point, & in the interests of gaining information, I’d like to
unvote, vote: paradoxombie
– the thing is, I’m not even going to explain my reasons for voting you as I see the reasons for being suspicious of you as too obvious to even bother typing out.

I’d like to also state that my suspicions of IH have by no means decreased one iota; it’s more that I only have one vote to cast & I’d like to place it where I think it’ll do the most good for town. I see xmbie as the player most likely to react the most to me doing this…and it’s not as though there are is a lack of reasons to be suspicious of you…& the way that I see this is that even if xombie doesn’t respond, then that’s still info for the town.

I recognise that this action may be misconstrued, but I’d also like to say that I agree with tornado over the pace of this game – we really shouldn’t be in a huge rush for the next lynch.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:11 am

Post by MCHammer »

Apologies for being sporadic over the last week, was in danger of getting swamped by work [erk] - will post my analysis tonight/early tomorrow.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:42 am

Post by MCHammer »

Hi everyone - back after holiday (was supposed to be sunday, but flights were cancelled/generic mixup ensued) - reviewing posts from now, will post with analysis presently
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:26 am

Post by MCHammer »

Ok - sorry a/b the lack of quotations in this one, but I thought it would be better to get something out quicker, rather than slower...seeing as we are in a
quicklynch
! game.

*Back from hols analysis*

IH - #222 - need explanation on Para lynch, also VOTE: still comes across as OMGUS (see also my previous suspicions on IH). Switches opinions at #232, however doesn't mean anything (in his favor) since IH has been repeatedly harangued on this point. - Basically votes para, but without putting his name down.

Streeflo - #221 still gunning heavily for Para, but with little solid explanation in my opinion (although same could be said for me I guess – my reason for that was to see if anything would slip while I was away – I think it has)

JDodge - picks up on #221 from streeflo - have to say I agree at this point - complains over deadline – still comes across to me as town.

Estes - annoyed by SirT voting against him (SirT still out b/c of exams at this point), however not suspicious enough in my book to warrant much. I don’t agree that his predecessors lack of posting should form a basis on my opinion of estes, although the blatant hedging of bets that we saw earlier isn’t a good thing – I see that action more as trying to win the town’s popularity than trying to win the game for the town.

Gatorguy - lurks, constantly - lame posts, consistently - still hasn't explained the 'HATEHATE' post - highly suspicious.

Deathsause - switches vote to GG - still came across as solid town up until this point (#230), but I can see why he’s done that – still see as town.

SirT - explains his reasoning for Estes vote & points out the ambiguity of Est – I like SirT’s posts so far in this game

Para - #244 Fos' DS & IH, but no immediate reasons - IH instantly assumes OMGUS - #248 asks for the early prod on me, is this b/c I'm voting for him already? - comes across as suspicious - has been keeping fairly quite recently (as in not saying particularly much; ambiguity, minor fos'ing)

Right, the above was me typing as I was reading so as to catchup –

Paradox still comes across to me as very scummy indeed, that early prod on me, even though he knew (#259) that I wouldn't be back by then...
Gatorgoy’s total disregard for actually posting comes across as very scummy, however this may be just pure lazyness/petulance, still not exactly admirable qualities in any team game.
IH – frantic backpedaling over his earlier ‘quicklynch’ inconsistencies seems weak to me…+ my earlier reasoning. I do see IH as quite reactionary, which, I think is why he complained over para’s fos so quickly. There has been a great deal of content from IH over the last week, although not necessarily helpful content (I think) – I’d like to mull over IH for a few days [RT] more.

Apologies for the lack of continuity in this post – I thought it better to get something out, rather than make it sound/read perfectly.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:53 am

Post by MCHammer »

Paradox wrote:To be clear, Groinhammer, I did notice you were away AFTER I asked for the prod.
Maybe, but even if that was the case, you would've noticed that I said that I would be away from 17th-24th, whereas yr. post was dated as the 24th, so basically now it looks like you are lying. I'm quite happy with my vote at the moment with Paradox definately topping my scum list. Also, I couldn't help but notice that yr. vote on me was sometime before the deadline was imposed, yet you cite deadline retraction as yr. reason for not voting???? I'd like another explaination please.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:48 am

Post by MCHammer »

Unsure what more to say here at the moment as I think I've made myself fairly clear, & there seems to be a general drop-off in posts so I'm guessing others feel the same. One thing that currently concerns me is Gatorguy's complete lack, if not disregard, of posting. It seems to me that there isn't much that can be done a/b this short of a) voting him off just for the sake of it (personally I'm strongly against this), b) getting him replaced, or c) somehow getting him to contribute more to this game. Obviously [c] would be in the towns best interest, but for lack of that I'd like to go with
so that we can have something more to work with.

What are everyone elses views on this??? I'm sure this has happened before in previous games, is there a precendent???
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:23 am

Post by MCHammer »

paradox wrote:Groinhammer, you said you only voted me to see if I'd slip up and claimed you thought I did. Does that mean the sole reason your vote is on me is my asking for a prod on you?
No - I'd say it's more that you asking for the prod on me was allot more suspicious than innocent. I'm quite happy with where my vote is.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:22 am

Post by MCHammer »

Reasons for my vote on Paradoxombie:

#57 xombie hammers Kaosfere - now the thing is, I understand why he would vote b/c Kaos was doing all sorts of weird things, but after the first lynch happened so quickly the hammer kinda shut Kaos up. Hindsight
is
a perfect science - but given the other things that have happened, yr. hammer on Kaos now looks more like a hammer to get rid of a town, rather than how it looked at the time, which was impatience.

Also note that at this point, that was only yr. 3rd post in this game.
xombie#107 wrote:Can the people voting Khelvaster please carefully lay out the reasons for their vote? I don't necessarily suspect them, but if he ends up being a mislynch we're back to nothing to scumhunt but a bandwagon with no reasoning.
This implies that you don't think Khelv is scum, yet 4hrs later you say that Khelv tops yr. scumlist compared to IH. This struck me as odd to say the least, especially seeing as IH has come across as scum so strongly (see my previous posts). Incidentally, this is the same thing that Streeflo picked up on.

You then vote Streeflo in #125 - OMGUS as far as I can see.

You then randomly vote-switch with no explanation as to why you no longer want to vote Streeflo anymore & decide to hammer Khelv for, as far as I can see extremely weak reasons, especially when compared to the Kaos hammer. Now this was a little controversial b/c there was a miscount on the votes by Ryan, but I then you did explicitly state that you thought you were hammering (#165) so still a hammer I think you'll have to agree.

I know that you gave reasoning after the hammer, but that's the problem - it was
after
the hammer (hindsight again..) which kinda negates that for me I'm afraid.

& then we have the very strange #199 where you ask me to explain my suspicion of IH (this made me look at yr. history a great deal more). You then quickly retract this when questioned - just weird man.

Then I had the problem that I was going on holiday, so decided to post #208 the way I did. As I saw things, a town player would actually complain a/b this (at least a little - didn't you find it even slightly weird that I worded things that way???); however you completely ignored it which I saw as a kinda reverso-OMGUS - left things for a while & then asked for the prod & subsequent vote on me when you knew (yeah, not believing you missing that, probably to do with the fact
xombie wrote:Vote: Groinhammer a little motivation to post when he gets back
...so basically you knew that I'd gone away) & no, it wasn't
just
to do with the prod, as I said that was more suspicious than not. It was to do with the vote dude.

A number of yr. posts since then have come across as ambiguous & weak (e.g. #244, #246)

Which brings us back to the present day!

Maybe seeing I've taken the time (on yr. request) to explain my vote for you in greater detail you could do the same for yr. vote on Streeflo? Also, if you feel that I shouldn't be voting for you maybe you could tell me why on that front as well...
@IH - still waiting to hear back from you RE:#266
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:43 am

Post by MCHammer »

Hey Zodiac
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:35 am

Post by MCHammer »

Streeflo wrote:Just wondering. Any other reads?
Just for clarification, is this aimed at just zodiac?

Jdodge - is there a particular reason why you haven't explained yr. vote on streeflo?

Would also appreciate some general input from sirT & estes.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:06 am

Post by MCHammer »

Fair enough - I've read enough of yr. game history to see that you like to do that & have no intention of explaining, but I thought I might as well ask - pity though: kinda hard to get a tell on you that way b/c as far as I can see you just do that in order to get people angry at you =(
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:52 am

Post by MCHammer »

hey timmers - can't wait till then!

@zodiac - any more thoughts btw???
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:11 am

Post by MCHammer »

Aren't you being abit reactionary there xombie? People get lynched in games for a whole load less than 1 hammer, but 2! Do you really think that's
that
weak a reason for voting?

Timmers, have to say I'm pretty suspicious of yr. predecessor, I was wondering if I could get some of yr. thoughts on IH's play?

Also, where the fuck is everyone in this game!!!!
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by MCHammer »

PX wrote: Does the speed at which I'm gaining bandwagon votes indicate scum presence?
unfortunately not, it has been some time [RT] that this has taken place, & this is me speaking from personal experience remembering that I am 1/3 of said bandwagon. However, seeing as Ryan hasn't talked a/b deadlines for a good week or so, I'm going to
unvote
(barring miss-counts) to see if anything else happens before you get lynched 4sure.

Timmers - anything on IH's play style???

Estes??? again, anything new, or do we need to prod you???

SirT - same, been a while since yr. exams - you still around???
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:22 am

Post by MCHammer »

Timmers wrote:I really can't comment on my predecessor. At times he did seem a little scummy to me, but that was him and this is me.
This is unfortunate b/c there's not really much for us to go on if we (the town) looks at just
yr.
posts - we have to be influenced also by IH's - to be truthful, I was hopeing for a little more from you, e.g. what do you think was scummy? IYHO, who was IH gunning for; but best not to worry a/b it now I guess.

Jdodge - while yr. being awfully cryptic & mysterious, you must see that this isn't necessarily that helpful for everyone else.

Zodiac - is the reason why you'd like to hear from Jdodge just b/c he was the only semi-active member who I didn't mention in #330??? Please tell me you have something else to say...
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:27 am

Post by MCHammer »

That's fine - I've said my piece a/b yr. playstyle, guess I'll just have to wait & see what yr. plan is
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:43 am

Post by MCHammer »

DS - happy birthday!

Waiting on Sir/T before I put my vote back on xombie.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:32 am

Post by MCHammer »

me wrote:I'm going to unvote (barring miss-counts) to see if anything else happens
I'd just like to hear from sir/t first - what's the rush???
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:34 am

Post by MCHammer »

Streeflo wrote:I saw it as a small case if "checking with the town before voting" scumtell, but this is a quicklynch game so whatever.
Nah, xombie was complaining that he was going to get lynched too quickly & so, in the interests of coolness I temporarily took my vote off b/c Ryan hadn't mentioned deadlines for a while & like, what's the rush?

Incidentally, I'm sure DS is a/b to ask this question so might as well beat him to it again; Porochaz:=what are yr. thoughts on IH's play? Also, why do you think Timmers asked for a replacement so quickly?? (I'm seeing you as having a unique insight to this btw;)
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by MCHammer »

'Still' waiting on sir/t - feeling bad for questioning timmers replacement request=D
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:08 pm

Post by MCHammer »

Urrgghhh - ok, putting my vote back on xombie
(this puts xombie at -1)
. Xombie asked for more discussion time (which you've now had I figure), but nothing much has changed from my perspective so
vote: Paradoxombie
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:40 am

Post by MCHammer »

porochaz wrote:ryan wrote:

With 9 Alive it's 4 to Lynch

Erm... groin...
erk! Sorry to be so melodramatic, I thought I'd taken my vote off xombie.

I agreed that a little wait to see if things had changed wouldn't be a bad thing, not that I was removing my vote from you indefinately - nothing much changed.

DS - I haven't forgotten a/b IH & replacements.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by MCHammer »

mod: can we get a prod on Estes, he hasn't posted anything since the 10th
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:21 am

Post by MCHammer »

the dodge issue is a difficult one considering his play-style, although that does seem like fairly strong circumstantial evidence there DS. I'm going to do an entire re-read & post biop on the town tonight. I wouldn't normally say something as banal as this, but considering how this game started I think it's a fair comment - could people
not
instantly lynch someone before we have had a chance to talk a/b it??
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:33 am

Post by MCHammer »

happy birthday dodge!
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #40) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:17 am

Post by MCHammer »

I don't get the Streeflo thing - he votes xombie on p7, but doesn't change his vote anywhere between there & p17(current) - I personally don't see scum traditionally playing this way. Dodge is attacking him for, as far as I can tell, not sufficiently explaining his vote...which is a little rich coming from the guy who refuses to elaborate on his own votes b/c he feels doing so will be detrimental to the town.

Although I'd like Streeflo to explain:
streeflo wrote:I still think you are scum, and am flattered to hear you say that I am posting consistently (because I'm not).
It's a little bit of a weird situation b/c we hear nothing fromm Estes for 8 days, prod him & he hammers! I felt like we were at the start of this game again! I dislike
estes wrote:
I realize being wrong will make me appear mafia
and can live with those consequences.
Zodiac & sir/t seem to be on the brink of disappearing entirely!

I'd like zodiac to explain:
zode wrote:So you're going to vote on Streeflo the next day?
b/c I'm finding it a strange question, like he's weighing up the voting potential of estes.

Which basically puts us on dodge,porochaz & DS. DS I'm seeing as stronger town than JD&P so for me it's between these two.

Porochaz's near-instant vote after ryan's lynch post (5 mins difference) is either extremely pro-active, or extremely oppertunistic. I'm agreeing with the points that DS made over this, & also taking into account IH's play.

After reading through pretty much the whole of this game again, I'm willing to conceed that jdodge is scum - his hypocracy & enthusiasm over streeflo, one-line posts which purposely make him hard to get a fix on can only be seen as unhelpful for the town.

I'm currently a hair's breadth away from hammering jdodge.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:20 am

Post by MCHammer »

EBWOP:
streeflo wrote:I think Estes would be a better candidate for bussing, jumping in after 8 days of lurking to hammer xombie.
I'm seeing Estes' hammer more as reaction to prod/boredom than bussing.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #42) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by MCHammer »

Streeflo - Why didn't you ask for a replacement then?
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:36 am

Post by MCHammer »

y, I got that, but why didn't you then ask for a replacement??
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by MCHammer »

dodge wrote:Actually I don't really have that much of a case ATM, it's more pure gut than anything
Jdodge is taking the piss, is this how you play in all yr. games where you rabidly push for someone to get lynched but refuse to give an explaination?
unvote, Vote: Jdodge
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:13 am

Post by MCHammer »

*a sigh heard around the world=(*
sir/t wrote:I think someone commented before on having checked JDodge's history and found out that JDodge does that. It is true. JDodge DOES play like this often, although before this, I actually used to think he has some sort of case when he does this.
Y, this actuallly was me but I was so angry that he suddenly said that he had nothing going on over streeflo! The fact is that jdodge is essentially completely unreadable b/c of the way he plays - the games that I looked at scum/town had him playing (as far as I could see) the same ways.

I still can't believe that he did even have a case, but was doing p1-4 type pressure posts. I still don't think his playstyle is pro town b/c it comes across as WIFOM.

Also,
sir/t wrote:It is not scummy if you always do it.
No, but from a meta view, it is poor if you don't have a case behind you - V. lazy play.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:06 am

Post by MCHammer »

yeah - can see yr. point. Things have dramatically died down since we lynched Jdodge (still can't believe he didn't have a case - Urrrghhhh).

I think the that the DS quote that estes has used has been taken slightly out of context - what was being referred to was that the 1st thing that poro did after replacing the eminently suspicious IH (you've said so yr.self poro;) was to jump on the biggest bandwagon.

I think that's the only really suspicious thing that porochaz has done so far, but I remember my reasons for being suspicous of IH. The thing that's not making me vote porochaz is his posting since (which has come over as ok).

This game is going to have to take _another_ re-read for me - have coursework to finish for tues, will get on it once that is done (hopefully before tues;).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not seeing streeflo as suspicious basically b/c he stayed on the same vote (xombie) for such a long time without waivering.

Not really getting anything bad off sir/t either b/c of his early (well, until activity all but ceased) posts.

God knows what's going on with zodiac, bare minimum of content - which kinda puts my list of people to search as DS, Poro & zode.

DS for being so perfectly town in my head - i don't like the fact that I've got _such_ a strong opinion of him so need to doublecheck.

Poro for being IH

Zode for being so postshy
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by MCHammer »

^^^erm...why is this? B/c we have been the two most active players in this game?? (doesn't really say allot, I really only check in once a day).

Was wondering if you wouldn't mind basing that on something...seeing as how easy it is defending against ephemeral evidence.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:58 am

Post by MCHammer »

Hey Chronx - no worries, huge long 18page monster.
estes wrote:Ever just have an extremely strong suspicion that someone is scummy?
Absolutely, but after the first few pages I prefer to put a little more reasoning behind them & was hoping you could at least try & do the same.

Coursework almost finished (PDEs - tricky shit, not bright enough) so will have more than a 3 line post to contribute late tommorow .

Incidentally:
porochaz wrote: I think ds is scummy but not groin, Ive found him to be an active protown most of the time
But you haven't seen DS as protown??? I find that a little strange, but like I said I'm in a desperate need to reassess & make sure I've got people straight in my head.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Post by MCHammer »

whoa! I totally didn't see that coming!
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:57 am

Post by MCHammer »

Well I didn't! I had DS pegged as pretty solid town & even now I can't really see how his posts were _that_ scummy. Going after IH over his policy lynches was, imo, fair enough & correct play.

Also as a reminder, everyone is now on -2 so please be careful with yr. votes.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:38 am

Post by MCHammer »

Estes:
why
do you think I'm the other mafia?

Chronx: Do you really think that putting me at -1 is helpful right now? Fair enough, you have suspicions over me due to the px lynch, but another impulsive vote would be much harder to analyse afterwards. Generally I'm quite a cautious player(barring the dodge vote, that was partly over the way that he plays, e.g. kinda policy lynch in that what he was doing wasn't helpful for town at all), what I said over para was that I was suspicious a/b him for a long while (including reasons laying down my reasons), what I did was wait a long while before putting my vote down.

Poro: there's dropdown at the base of the page which lets you organise players posts in different ways. Maybe I have it wrong, but b/c we're nightless lyol isn't 2m (assuming we mislynch again)???

Also, going to be away from comp/keyboard/internet for 7th - 12/13th nov inclusive.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:39 am

Post by MCHammer »

EBWOP: 7th-12th
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:33 am

Post by MCHammer »

chronx wrote:
Maybe I have it wrong, but b/c we're nightless lyol isn't 2m (assuming we mislynch again)???

What does this mean, exactly? Are you fearmongering about a mislynch?
Sorry I missed this as directed at me & saw it as directed at poro - chronx, I think yr. belabouring a point here, I was clarifying what poro said.

I'd still like to hear [/i]why[/i]estes is pegging me as scum so much, also would very much like to hear from sir/t before i'm off.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:56 am

Post by MCHammer »

estes wrote:I already stated why. If you care so much take some effort to go look for it.
Erk! sorry, were you referring to this?
estes#173 wrote:My thoughts,

After reading again, I agree with DeathSauce that IH could possibly be scum; the stuff with Khel doesn't help him. Gatorguy has been pretty quiet, I'd like to see his thoughts on stuff. I also wonder some about groinhammer. He seems like a mafia member trying to play townie leader. I could be completely wrong though.
Or was it this??
estes#440 wrote:I'd be willing to bet you and groinhammer are the last two mafia. I was right about px afterall.
or maybe it was this???
estes#479 wrote:I said earlier that I thought groinhammer was the other mafia; and while my suspicion is strong enough to kill him I'm going to wait and see what others(some of the lurkers) think.

So basically you are actually going on a hunch?? Seeing as that's the case are you not also still suspicious of IH/Poro?

As far as I can see, estes has, at some point or another, stated that he has had suspicions on most people still in this game, which made me think a/b his recent
estes#469 wrote:I knew it. I'm 2 for 2 right now.
which I initially took at face value, but now after seeing his voting pattern better, this is like an implicit 'yey! see I told you I'm town. Incidentally, this is something that sir/t picked up on way back in #200.

Don't like estes at the moment, trying to figure out if it's just bad play that he's exhibiting or scumness.

Streeflo I'm not seeing anything on streeflo, yes he has made some random posts (e.g.metagaming is for loosers) & the way that he latched onto px with little explaination seemed strange, by the fact that he kept his vote on px all the way through...he more seems like he's bored (already stated actually) - I think scum are generally more creative (e.g.switch-voting).

Chronx I see as a breath of fresh air in the game - zodiac was never more than a lurker & I think would've done more (i.e. been more interested in the game) if he was scum - however the flip side of that is that you never have much to analyse (al'a dodge), but I think for now I'm safe siding with chronx~town.

sir/t - I can't wait for all yr. exams to finish! But know how disgusting exam time can be so relate, just 'anything' you'd like to add would be helpful.

Which finally brings me to poro, who is my other scum choice. Poro's posts since he started have been helpful & towny, the main problem being IH's play earlier. I get that IH was on a policy-lynch drive & that does seem consistent with his play. He got rattled a few times, which isn't a good sign - I'd say his major saving grace was that his argument with DS was so spirited, in that it seemed fairly emotional at times. There is a recognised thing with scum partners playing off against each other & this was the thing that I was just looking for, but I'm more willing to think that this reads the other way round.

So...at the moment my scum list runs to estes 1st & then poro - but need to mull things over more before anything voting anyone.

Oh yeah - really sorry, but the whole reason why I've got so much computer time right now is b/c I got my bloody dates wrong - will be away from 14th-19th...not this week, nxt week. fuck.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:58 am

Post by MCHammer »

erm...chronx made a post while I was writing all that out - you want to rush the day due to pure boredom?????? I'd much prefer it if you just got replaced, rather than needlessly loosing someone for no reason.

What do you thing town would get out of everyone quicklynching you??
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #56) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:12 am

Post by MCHammer »

Good god! Chronx has gone crazy=(
mod
I officially vote against deadline), If you feel that strongly a/b it then you should just replace yr.self - I'm personally happy with mafia games taking as long as they take - game speeds always ebb+flow, I don't see this one as much different.

vote we wait for sir/t & see if streeflo has anything else to say after his prod.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #57) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:32 am

Post by MCHammer »

chronx - do you always skip in & out of games this quickly?
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #58) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:37 am

Post by MCHammer »

agreed
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #59) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:40 am

Post by MCHammer »

I dunno, you think you play the same as dodge? So basically yr. saying that all yr. going on is a hunch?

I reacted shocked to DS being scum b/c I was - it was an honest reaction.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #60) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:44 am

Post by MCHammer »

So basically yr. saying that all yr. going on is a hunch????
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Post by MCHammer »

Estes wait up - what did I miss in #491? You said you had already posted yr. suspicions - the reason why I care so much is b/c I want to get the last scum, an opinon that you should share! The fact that yr. not voting for me is immaterial at this point, no-one should be voting for anyone until we've heard from the other players. All I'm asking you to do is clarify why you said
I already stated why. If you care so much take some effort to go look for it.
when you hadn't actually said anything.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:30 am

Post by MCHammer »

Hi Bookitty,
mz wrote:we've got a 5-1 mafia ratio here, honestly, what's the harm?
I also think that's a pretty unhelpful move. Just b/c sir/t asked for a replacement doesn't instantly make him scum. Sir/t has obviously been having a hard time posting so I see it as consistant that he should ask for a replacement.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #63) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by MCHammer »

I'm assuming yr. obliquely quoting the '
an opinion that you should share!
with yr.
I do
. Estes, I don't think you've even read that post properly, let alone understood it. Yr. talking bollocks & yr. posts are inconsistent, but no matter.

I'm more concerned over
poro@MZ wrote:Yes but its overshadowed by the whole "kill IH" thing...
Poro, this amongst other things you've just stated in that post I just don't get. Gatorguy was just a terrible player - miz seems similar (he even apologised a/b it) - I think you might just have read that & then an argument formed in yr. brain.

Unless I hear otherwise
vote: Porochaz

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”