kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:33 am

Post by kaosfere »

IH wrote:For your point to work, a townie would have to hammer you. As a townie, would you hammer someone?
Yes.

Vote: discordian algorithm
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:03 am

Post by kaosfere »

Well, that didn't go exactly as planned. Regardless, I still felt it a solid move.

I agree that scum-won't-hammer is a dangerous precedent to set, and I wanted to shake it up. The town still has more lives. If I get a rapid lynch for putting down the hammer vote, once I'm shown to be a townie, the WIFOM will become very thick.

Town still has more lives than scum, and will even if I get lynched. DA's reckless play was disconcerting. I believe that given enough time and rope, scum will self-identify, and I'd rather see us have more time for arguments so that the scum can out themselves than end up with truly discordian actions throwing the dialogue for a complete loop.

So... is IH a scum as DA charges? Am I scum pulling WIFOM? What will the several who haven't even chimed in yet think?

Fascinating!
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:18 am

Post by kaosfere »

kaosfere wrote:Town still has more lives than scum, and will even if I get lynched. DA's reckless play was disconcerting. I believe that given enough time and rope, scum will self-identify, and I'd rather see us have more time for arguments so that the scum can out themselves than end up with truly discordian actions throwing the dialogue for a complete loop.
Would you care for me to further elaborate? I'd welcome it. That was my whole point. :)
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by kaosfere »

I look at it this way. The most fundamental aspect of the game is in townies trying to ferret out scum, while the scum are attempting to hide their identities. Scum have something to hide. Townies, barring edge cases, have nothing to hide. It would take an incredibly talented scum to maintain a perfect townie facade for an indeterminate length of time.

DA claimed he voted for himself in an attempt to demonstrate his point: that scum would hammer him even in this game. As such, if a townie, he was offering himself for sacrifice in order to cast heavy suspicion upon those who hammered him -- clearly in the expectation that some scummer would be stupid enough to pull the trigger, be instantly lynched, and keep scum from hammering for the rest of the game.

The flaw with this logic is that he's right: only an idiotic scum would hammer in this position. All that would have to be done would be for them
not
to cast the lynching vote, and it would appear as if DA had been proven wrong -- all scum would now be in much less danger when hammering. Allowing this to happen would clearly be detrimental to the town.

The only beneficial outcome, at that point, would be and some idiot scum
did
off him, which would not take any heat off the scum. Against this, there were two possibilities: DA was a scum, and would live, clearly a negative. Or, he was innocent and I could cast the killing vote, which would definitely not be as positive, but would be alot less negative than allowing scum to prove him wrong. The absolute worst case scenario would be that DA gets lynched and an innocent party gets lynched the next day. But even should that occur, we will still have more "lives", as noted above, and by that point remaining townies should have a very good idea who is or isn't scummy, based on what's been posted in the discussion that would be sure to ensue.

I was hoping this would be inferred, and I wouldn't have to elaborate on it, in order to minimize the chances of altering scum behavior, but an explanation was demanded, so I'll give one.
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by kaosfere »

Players who have been lurking for the first 24+ hours:

Jdodge
rj20876

For the lack of anything response to my defense just yet, I'll go ahead and say
IGMEO
both of you. At this point I think anyone conspicuously lurking is questionable.

Jdodge has informed me of a terrible ear infection and said his play will be limited till it feels better-Ryan
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:28 am

Post by kaosfere »

Sir Tornado wrote:I don't get this. If you are claiming to be a townie, why did you hammer someone without a proper reasoning?
I had proper reasoning, which I have now fully explained above. At this point anyone who fails to see it isn't going to, I'm afraid.

Hammer away. After you kill me, put in a little thought and you should be able to figure out who the real scum are.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”