Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:30 am

Post by Nirp »

Hi.
Vote joost
for having a Dutch name. Dutch people are clearly scum.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Nirp »

joost wrote:I agree with Destructor, we should lynch scum.
Are you sure?
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Nirp »

-TinVision- wrote:
FOS dusterhan
cause all of my games are pretty slow at the moment.
You are suspicious of dusterhan because your games are slow at the moment?
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm

Post by Nirp »

Agreed. While we have little to go on (as usual on a day one with no night), discussion is key to finding scum. As far as I can tell, the only thing that stands out at the moment is dusterhan's post, so an explanation from dusterhan about his somewhat odd behavior would be appreciated.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Nirp »

I do not see a problem with unvoting a random vote and randomly (or jokingly) voting someone else during the random voting stage. As Atticus has said, random votes are not very useful unless they gain us information. At any rate, TinVision doesn't seem very scummy to me, although his FoS was slightly out of place. I assume this was meant in jest, however.

I also agree that dusterhan is not necessarily scummy, but his behavior is nevertheless odd and I am still keeping an eye on him. All of dusterhans posts have been at the beginning of the game (as far as I can tell, he hasn't posted recently), so 'funny anecdotes' were not entirely out of place at that point. That said, I would like to see more from him now - a post explaining his previous actions and actually adding something to the game would be nice.

One thing that has stood out to me is this quote:
Sephiroth wrote:Though your attempt to get a gift wrapped reason to jump on a (dying) wagon is noted.
This statement seems rather aggressive given the context, and I am not sure what exactly you mean by "dying wagon". Which wagon, and how is it dying? As far as I can tell, there has never really been much of a wagon for dusterhan.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Nirp »

dusterhan wrote:what's the latest vote count?
This is started to be somewhat suspicious. After you have been asked to explain yourself several times, all you do is ask for a vote count? This is starting to look like you are actively lurking.
FOS dusterhan
. I am still waiting for you to post some actual content.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Nirp »

-TinVision- wrote: I think the case on dusterhan is quite shaky, given that it's based on a couple posts and then his absence. Speaking of which, mod prod/replacement, please?
-TinVision- wrote: Unvote, Vote dusterhan. I didn't find your initial behavior that scummy, but your purposeful lurking is very much so. This is the 3rd vote on dusterhan, with 7 to lynch, in case anyone was wondering.
Why this rather sudden change of heart? The only post inbetween these quotes was my own post, which did not really offer an amazing new piece of information prompting such a move. If you indeed missed dusterhan's latest post (as joost said, your earlier post did imply this), why didn't you say so?
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Nirp »

joost wrote:Meanwhile, where is dusterhan? I would like to hear him say something of content.
Seconded. I think we have given him enough time by now, so
unvote, vote dusterhan
until he starts posting (or is replaced if he disappears entirely).

As for -TinVision-, I am willing to believe that his excuse is acceptable and that this was a simple mistake on his behalf.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Nirp »

Atticus wrote:Knuck, I don't suggest that you exclude all information from day one and the random stage. I quite simply do not give as much thought to scum tells in that period of the game. And I thought some people were overreacting to TinVision. And I thought I'd tell them to chill.
I don't think we should pay less attention to scum tells in early game, but we should pay attention to different kinds of scum tells. Voting for someone without giving reason is a fairly scummy thing to do in late game, but can be ignored in early game. I'm not sure if that applies to every scum tell, though.
Atticus wrote:Hey, Nirp, are you scum, or just opportunistic?
Hm? I'm not sure what you mean here. If you are referring to my vote on dusterhan, I thought I made it fairly clear that was simply a pressure vote to get him to post. I will unvote as soon as he starts posting some content, as there is little reason to assume he is scum at the moment. However, since the main way for us to find out whether or not he is scum is by analysing his posts, we do need him to post.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Nirp »

dusterhan wrote:i'm still here
There are several votes on you at the moment. There is a reason for this: we would like you to add something to the game. In particular, as -TinVision- said, you might want to explain your previous actions.

At this point I have to agree with Knuck that dusterhan is not likely to be scum (or at least that his behavior doesn't incidate scummyness) and since pressure voting doesn't seem to have much effect, I will
unvote
. I hope that if dusterhan refuses to participate, he will be replaced. A lack of participation will hurt us, but lynching him won't accomplish much either. If he is simply not interested in the game, we shouldn't waste a lynch on him.

kabenon, in post 124, you stated that placing a vote for dusterhan didn't do any good and that it was scummy of me to do so. In post 135, you decide to vote for him yourself. Why this sudden change?
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Nirp »

Sorry for my lack of posts, I have been rather busy with college over the last couple of days. More content will follow tomorrow.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Nirp »

Happy birthday -TinVision-!

I know that I promised more content in my last post, but I am somewhat at a loss as to what to say.

A couple of notes:
Aimee wrote:Fair enough, but you have to understand that some players have intentionally useless playstyles (for example Fritzler and Lowell), yet they are strong players. Judging by what others have said, he plays like this in other games - and he is causing confusion, as the large number of posts solely about him demonstrate.
I don't think causing confusion can ever benefit the town. It is a scummy thing to do. However, at this point I find it more likely that he is simply uninterested in the game than that he is scum. So perhaps it is indeed in our best interest to simply ignore him for him.

Nekka hasn't contributed much, but this seems to be due to real life issues and he has asked to be replaced. I'll wait for his replacement before judging him.
kabenon007 wrote:My vote on dusterhan is a statement, in a way. I don't really know how to put it. I think he is scummy for the reasons I have already stated, but I could see how he could still be extremely newb town. That's a very slim possibility in my mind, but it's still there.
Wait. You are apparently convinced he is scum, or at least that the chance he is town is "very slim", yet you have stated that you do not want to see him lynched. Why? Also, I would like you to explain exactly why you think he is scum.
-TinVision- wrote:@Aimee: Like I said (and provided the link), recently in Newbie #361, a newbie player by the name of Dr. Blackstrike made a few posts early in the day that were similar to dusterhan's in silliness and caused a lot of confusion. He was eventually lynched, and proved to be town. Thus, even though it's a small sample size, I read dusterhan's early posts as a newb town tell
Why are you using a single player from a single unrelated game as an argument for dusterhan being town? That doesn't make sense at all.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Post by Nirp »

joost wrote:I hear that a lot, but I don't see anyone actually doing any scum hunting. What has been going on on this thread is people saying Dusterhan is annoying and he might be scum or Dusterhan is annoying but we should ignore him.
We have been focusing on dusterhan quite a lot. It seems this is useless, as nothing we do short of lynching him is going to change anything. I personally still believe he is likely town, but since he isn't contributing anything I wouldn't be terribly upset if he got lynched. Either way, it is hard to tell his alignment when he doesn't post content, but my guess he is simply uninterested town.
Ignoring him doesn't mean repeating that we should ignore him. If people don't want to lynch Duster, I'd like them to say who they do find suspicious and why. Otherwise this game will just drag on the way it's been doing.
Agreed.
-Tinvision-
- For his odd change of opinion and vote in posts 102 and 104. He explained himself, but as townies have more to gain by reading the game thoroughly, not reading properly is a scum-tell in my book. Also his defense of Duster by referring to a different player in a different game is odd and suspicious.
Although I agree that -TinVision- has been suspicious, I am not sure if not reading properly is much of scum-tell. When I am scum, I will likely be extra careful to read everything well precisely so I don't make any errors that people might find suspicious.

My own main suspects at the moment are -TinVision- and kabenon007. Both have suddenly changed their opinions and have been posting some really shady arguments. However, I can't say that I am particularly convinced either of them is scum.

Mod:
has Nekka-Lucifer been replaced yet?

SilverPhoenix has been rather absent lately, although I admit I can't find a lot to say either at the moment. I'd like him to post some content though.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Nirp »

Sended as well.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:57 am

Post by Nirp »

destructor wrote:My rationale is simple - he's not a threat.
To be quite fair, I still believe he is more likely to be town then scum and I am therefore not a great supporter of lynching him. However, he can be a threat. If we don't lynch him, he might well live until endgame (it seems rather unlikely that scum will kill him). At that point, he will probably still will not have posted any content, so we have very little to judge his alignment. In addition to this, there is no reason to assume he will vote to help the town, even if he is a townie.
Ignore dusterhan, look for other more insidious players and lynch them. If we ever hit a brick wall further down the line, then by all means, get dusterhan.
Who are these "more insidious players"?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”