Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

Vote: Tyhess
because unless I got this wrong he was the first to put a second vote on someone.
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:11 am

I'm glad you guys like my sig. :lol:

So...

Some things we might want to consider:

How many townies are in the game?

I would say that in this game, a townie lynch is almost as good as a scum lynch.

Why? Townies are the lifeblood of the cult. No townies= no recruits, No recruits= good.

Therefore, any townie claim should be punishable by lynch.

Other things:

a) How much of an effect would it have on balance if the cult leader was the day one lynch?
b) How many townies are likely in the game? There need to be enough to give the cult a chance along with power roles to help us get the cult/mafia.

I also think it's likely we have a vig, to help catch cultists.

Therefore:

I think that townies should try get killed by the mafia. It hurts the cult.

-Doc "Fascenating" Blackstrike

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:01 am

Well my point is that townies are the lifeblood of the cult and if all the townies die than the cult is nuetralized.

-Doc "No I'm not trying to get lynched" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:08 am

I suppose I stand corrected than.

-Doc "I better not get lynched over this, though I would understand if I did" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:30 am

pwayne66 wrote:This seems to put the town on uneven footing... If a townie is a cop, they can't say so as they will get NKed, and if they are town that can't sy so as they will get recruited. It seems to me that any attempt to pry this information from another should be seen as scummy (or culty) from now on.
True, but it is slightly better to be killed than recruited IMO.

I agree that we should consider rolefishing scummy though.

-Doc "Need to think more... the shadow of a plan is forming in my mind" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 am

I just read the rules again and we have exactly 4-6 recruitable people.

-Doc "Shame on me for not doing that to begin with" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:46 am

vollkan wrote:
I just read the rules again and we have exactly 4-6 recruitable people.
Reading from the front page:
12 players: 1 Cult. 2 Scum. 2-4 power roles.
Therefore, 5-7 are vanilla.
Can't I do anything right???

-Doc ":cry:" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:22 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:I just read the rules again and we have exactly 4-6 recruitable people.

-Doc "Shame on me for not doing that to begin with" Blackstrike
I guess what my problem here is that almost every post from you does not seem to be from a town perspective. I mean, if you were town, you would see why "townies should try to get lynched by mafia" is insane. How do we win if we are trying to get lynched?
I don't agree. If a townie is killed in the night by the mafia, a power role has escaped for another night AND a potential cultist has been removed.

-Doc "Hope that's clearer" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:58 am

I'm gonna have to agree with this post entirely. Everything I've heard from you has been from a 'culty' point of view. You just really seem like you don't want to help the town that much and are more worried about eliminating the amount of recruitable townies...aka...the vanilla ones...
Sigh. Did you read my responce, above yours?

I'm not advocating
lynching
townies as much as I'm advocating
them trying to be killed in the night by the mafia.
Why? I repeat, because it's another night that has gone by without a power role dying and one less potential cultist.

I'm not sure I like how you play either.

UNVOTE, Vote Flameaxe

-Doc "Thanks for the votes guys, glad to see I'm so popular" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:59 pm

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #3

Flameaxe[4](Rump-Wat, Dr. Blackstrike, Oman, vollkan)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](tyhess)

Not Voting[7](Mastermind of Sin, ac1983fan, theopor_COD, pwayne66, curiouskarmadog, Trojan Horse, Flameaxe)

---

Mastermind of Sin and ac1983fan have been prodded.

Maybe my logic is off, but this is the way I think. Oh well. Plus, I feel that I've explained my vote before well enough in my opinion, but I'm gonna unvote: Dr. Blackstrike for now, at least until I hear some thoughts from him.
My main thought is that we've wasted valuble time talking about me. That, and I think you're scum looking for an easy lynch, but I doubt you wanted to hear that.
Secondly I need to read, but why have several ppl attacked MoS for not appearing and not say Rump-Wat or myself. Seems kinda odd.
I think it was because MoS what posting elsewhere.
These 3 faction games are interesting as the scum should go after the cult, as they will grow, making it hard if not impossible to get the 50% endgame, while town goes down/stays stable.
However, we have to garrentee that the mafia will specifcally go after the cult. Now if we could arange for some more incentive for them to help us...
I think that we shouldn't force townies to claim, but lynching them isn't too bad an idea.
This brings uo an interesting point: will the mafia kill a claimed townie, trying to hurt the cult?

Meh, I need to think more.

-Doc "Whew, for a minute I thought I would be lynched in two games at once" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:08 am

Seems a bit odd that tyhess has gotten several votes on him in quick succession...

-Doc "Of course, it was really only two" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 am

Theo, not to sound like a broken record, but that doesn't make sense.

Pwayne's (sorry if I spelled that wrong) not the only one who defended me, why are you singling him out? And you've contridicted yourself... hmm...
FoS: Theo.

Ok to finish early good list - Flameaxe, Curious, Volkan. Not really any vibe - MoS, Oman, ac1983fan, Trojan Horse. Not liking a lot probably due to newbishness/scummyness - RumpWat, Tyhess. Not liking even less - pwayne66, Dr.B.
Does anyone else see the odd thing I notice about this list?

-Doc "scum like easy lynch targets... like me" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:17 am

Catching up now...

-Doc "Will post something of value later" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi White!

I don't like your attitude.

I do like your reading choices though.

Which means that you've obviously not a townie.
FoS: Dr. Blackstrike
I don't understand. Please explain.

Ok, so besides the anti townie mentality we've got the cultist mentality. Sounds like we've got our recruiter.
This because I stated a fact from the rules????

Blatent OMGUS. Dr BS, you're not looking to hot right now.
And OMGUS is bad... why?

-Doc "I guess I broke my promise to post something of value a few days back" Blackstrike

Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:27 pm

needs to post more. Considering that he is on a lot of people's lists, he ought to be concerned with ridding himself of those suspicions. If he isn't, that seems suspicious.

Sorry!!! I just have this thing where I'm not quite sure what to say, jsut trying to take notes and watch. And lurk, which is funner than might be expected.

I see that I am a big topic of conversation.
White wrote:Passive agression, nice. Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. Reading now.
If it makes any differanceto you, I don't mind.
White wrote:BS - Newb (again). I'd like to see BS post more in light of the recent activity. I also don't understand why he wasn't lynched. I don't understand why the bandwagon was dropped against him so if someone could point me to the post(s) that made him seem townier? Looks scummy to me.
Not sure I understand this here. Dropped bandwagon makes me look scummier? Hm?

I think the bandwagon was dropped because everyone just looked back over my posts and decided I was more newb then scum. (come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure why myself, though pawyne defending me helped.)
pawyne wrote:Earlier in this game, when it was to the town's benefit to place ourselves in the shoes of the cult to determine what course of action to take, Flameaxe and Karmadog promptly voted for him. The only result I saw coming from this was Dr. BS changing his stance or maintaining his line of thought under the threat of lynch. Thus he backed away from an idea that he still seems to support but fears expressing the reasons why as he might be seen as culty.
Even if I do support it, I certainly won't be saying so.

Really though, I think that it *was* a bit of a bad idea, just something I threw out for discussion. And got voted for.
Dissuading conversation is anti-town. Allowing Dr BS to state his full case, is pro town. Bullying him into shutting his mouth is anti-town.

It strikes me as odd that the town still buys the theory that the votes on Dr. BS stimulated conversation. Dr. BS has been non-existent since the incident. He was posting prior to it.
Well, conversation by non-me people.
I agree that it's anti town. However I see things differently. Dr BS posted what he thought, it came across scummy and was interpreted by I think everyone as not protown. Are you saying we should've encouraged him to keep spouting off not protown statements and that would've made him less scummy looking?
I think I ran out of things to say after everyone shot down my thoughts...

-Doc "I don't know what to say, I don't know what to say" Blackstrike

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”