Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:37 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Primate, Skruffs has a habit of doing that. :P
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Skruffs »

???
So wait, I'm supposed to assume there was more to Massive's role than he - or you - revealed? Do *you* know more about Massive and aren't sharing? Come on, you can't say I'm scummy for not knowing something you know. :P Besides, I thought DGB claimed to have the gift giving ability logn before it was known that massive's ability was. If massive gave theo a double vote, why didn't he just say so? If he had given Theo a double vote that night, would he still have been able to give you an extra life?

Nai:
I don't think you are scum, to be honest. Regardless of your 'to lynch' situation, I think you acted pretty pro town regarding Pooky yesterday.

In penitence for saying that Massive didn't buy a double vote, I looked at the two posts where Theo and massive talk about it:
theopor_COD wrote: Double Vote today only, someone passed it on to me, heck knows why, would you rather I didn't reveal it and waste a potential vote, for all I know someone else will get the double vote tomorrow or had it yesterday and didn't announce it and it's 6 to lynch not 1 so need to panic.
massive wrote: Can we have a vote count to confirm theopor's double-vote? Because that's definitively odd. If he's got a double-vote that he can position where he wants, that's a remarkable set of doubled abilities we've got going on here.

(albeit done creatively)

I could be persuaded to vote for DrippingGoofball if the double-vote thing pans out.

and while I was fishing, I found...
theopor_COD wrote:
Miztef wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:
Primate wrote:You're naive if you think anyone other than a vig is going to take away a life, and if we had a vig, it would have happened
last
night.
Thing is you should have lost a life, infact I'm not sure why you didn't.
interesting, why do you say this? When should he have lost a life?
Why because I targeted him last night to test his claim therefore he should have lost a life last night, unless he was protected or roles were somehow swapped by a bus driver kinda character or he's lieing out of his teeth and has actually lost a life.
Which, I'm not sure I know WHAT it means, but it should mean something.

Theo has mentioned several times this game that there must be some sort of a bus driver manipulating night actions. He's scum, so he can't be held to that, but he could have been breadcrumbing, or something. We'll see when he dies.

*checks off Nai and Glork from the list* that leaves...DGB and Primate.

Carbon, can you unvote me now, so that other people can safely double voet me without risk of letting Theo hammer? :)
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Nai »

Y'know, I've been saying DGB was scum since, I don't know, yesterday, or before.

Is there a reason we can't finish THIS day so we can get on to TOMORROW?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Nai wrote:Y'know, I've been saying DGB was scum since, I don't know, yesterday, or before.
Zlike, I'm giving out cop investigations and doc abilities and I'm scum? My only crime is to have been a fool for Pooky.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by IH »

But, you know, it's not like you defended scum irrationally yesterday. Then dropped your vehemence against Glork today when he came up scum.

I dunno....
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Nai »

It's also not as if things that you've said have directly contradicted each other, and that there's no way a game THIS stacked against mafia could have any mafia power roles. It's also not as if your flavor makes absolutely no sense in this game.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by Carbon Copy »

Unvote

I would expect Goofy to drop her vehemence against Glork if Pooky came up scum. After all, that made Glork look a whole lot better. And I personally don't see her being
that
obvious.

She's a reasonable candidate, though. Third on my list after Theo and Skruffs.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:53 am

Nai wrote:It's also not as if things that you've said have directly contradicted each other, and that there's no way a game THIS stacked against mafia could have any mafia power roles.
Zright. Mafia power roles that give even more power to the town? Is that what you're suggesting? You think have a mafia power role, to balance out a really powerful town, that gives more power to the town?

Seriously. Maybe the balancing is that my goodies occasionally might end up in scummy hands?

If Mafia has power roles in this game, they're not giving out investigations and doc protections.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Nai »

No, I think it's an act made by mafia with the ability that they can use to make themselves look more town. For instance, if I was a mafia rolecop (I haven't yet seen this used, but to make a point), I'd reveal investigations on other people if it would save my ass. It might clear townies, but it would make me seem clear, too. You may be mafia that gave gifts to townies to make herself seem townie.

Are we done with this day yet?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Skruffs »

DGB - Carbon copy has unvoted. Could you try double voting me?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Skruffs »

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:11 am

Nai wrote:No, I think it's an act made by mafia with the ability that they can use to make themselves look more town.
Z'One word: B-A-L-A-N-C-E.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:12 am

Skruffs wrote:pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Zust for you, sweet stuff.

vote: Skruffikins

Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Nai »

Y'know, Pooky said one intelligent thing yesterday. That's the fact that the town is VERY overpowered if the three mafiosos are only vanilla. So I can see the mod giving you an inventor role. It's not HIS problem if you choose to only target townies, is it?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:06 am

Z'Yep. The investigation and the doc protection would be so useful to the scum!!! Those are the kinds of gifts that would really help balance scum against an superpowered up town! Especially since I don't even know what the gift is going to be when I send it, I can really think deep strategies!
[/sarcasm]

Duh. Yes, I do choose to target townies, since I now know the goodies are good ones.

Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Nai »

And now you're purposely misinterpreting just to make sure that the point misses its target, so let me make sure I word it simply:

I believe you are scum with a power role to give items to other scum. This is balanced. However, to make yourself seem town, you've been giving the items to town. Your word is quite worthless, especially with your behavior yesterday, so saying you have no idea what the gift is is a very useless statement. For all we know, you know EXACTLY what it is.

By the way, Skruffs was asking you to attempt to DOUBLE vote, not just single.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:03 am

Nai wrote:I believe you are scum with a power role to give items to other scum.
Z'Yeah. Like doc protection and investigations. That would be real balanced. And it makes so much sense.

vote: Skruffyluv

Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Nai »

If you, as scum, can convince the town you are town or long enough, it won't matter.

By the way, as per what IH has said, it seems that you didn't give out a doc investigation at all.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:47 am

Nai wrote:By the way, as per what IH has said, it seems that you didn't give out a
doc investigation
at all.
Zwhat's that? A cat scan? Hahahahaha...

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

I would like to note that even if town is superpowered, we have a bunch of vote-drawing roles. Look to primate day two and zindaras day one. THey were lynched based on their claims, not really on their behavior. Nai, you have abilities but you are weakened by them - I have abilities but I don't know what (if anything) they do, and glork's target target is mostly announced during the day. IH's abilities didn't start up until another player died. Primate relied on another player for his abilities.
So while it may seem over balanced, there are a lot of gimmicks involved, too. Nobody seems to have a straight up vanilla role, but everyone's role seems to be flexible. Of course one of the above examples has to be wrong because there's another scum involved, but...
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Nai »

That was meant to be cop investigation, thank you.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Skruffs »

The only gifts that have supposedly been given out are doc protects and double votes. IH claimed to be a one shot, but apparently was not - but regardless, the investigations he has was not received from DGB - but, primate has insinuated that they could be from massive (he's hesitated from explaining that any further than the insinuation, though)

Nai, DGB has not claimed to have any idea what gift she is giving. The biggest problem with her claim is that she also doesn't seem to have any real degree of accuracy in targeting people.

VOTE COUNT
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Primate »

The only gifts that have supposedly been given out are doc protects and double votes. IH claimed to be a one shot, but apparently was not - but regardless, the investigations he has was not received from DGB - but, primate has insinuated that they could be from massive (he's hesitated from explaining that any further than the insinuation, though)
I never hesitated at all. I just haven't done it.

I personally believe it's because it takes $50,000 for massive to give me an extra life, I can only get two extra, and massive had $450,000 total. That means that even if he gave me all the money he could, he would still have had $350,000 left. Now, seeing as no-one else has claimed anything remotely to do with money, I'm either the only town role that needs it (I think this unlikely), or he's doing something of his own with it. Factor this into the fact that it's prefectly flavourful for the guy with a shitoon of money to be giving out gifts, and the fact that the gift giving dried out the night after he died, and that's why I believe that.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:17 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I've seen enough.

Kill Glork

Should have done this days ago.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Glork »

Hm. Well, at least I can get some last thoughts in.

I would give very, very,
VERY
serious consideration to lynching Skruffs as a Godfather. The way he tried to talk me out of making Zindaras the middle of the protection chain is extremely suspect, as have been his attempts to deflect time, attention, votes, and just about everything from Theo.

Fact is, as bad as DGB's play has been, her role
doesn't
make sense in scums' hands. We've been told that there will be bastard-modding, and somebody who has zero control over her gifts makes some sense to me. I have seen no alternative as to why Carbon Copy et al could have gotten their abilities

I would force complete
name claims
out of everybody. Use those as credibility checks -- I might be wrong afterall. From what I remember, DGB's nameclaim seems the most sketch. Maybe she
is
the dirty birdy afterall.

Miztef/IH is almost certainly guaranteed town, I think, in spite of Miztef's lie about his ability being one-shot. The timing of his support for me definitely indicates that he's probably legit, as he could have let me take the fall instead of condemning Pooky yesterday.

Nai is definitely town as well. Don't even consider lynching him. Primate and CarbonCopy are really about as confirmed as one can get as well.

I think that it's really a decision as to whether the last scum is DGB or Skruffs. By my count, we should have two lynches to work with anyway, so long as you lynch Theo today. (If his kill ends the night

TONIGHT:

Skruffs, protect CarbonCopy and use your mystery-ability on DGB.
CarbonCopy, protect one of Nai/IH/Primate. You may want to choose randomly, or you may want to weight the likelihood of who you protect. It's up to you -- just don't tell anybody what you're planning ahead of time. Make the scums guess.
DGB, if you're town, I would either name Primate/IH/Nai as your list, or simply take no action tonight. As sure as I am that those three are town, giving scum power could be the end of us.
IH -- assuming it doesn't kill you or something, use an investigation, if possible.
Nai/Primate -- sight tight and watch the fireworks.

If the scums kill Skruffs, fine. That's one of the top suspects out of the way. Re-evaluate and move on from there. If they try to kill Zindaras, they should fail. If Zindie dies, run up Skruffs with no questions asked. (There is no Mafia Roleblocker because they would have blocked me nightly, as soon as I claimed.)

So, um, yeah. Go town. Don't fuck this one up for me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”