IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:24 am

Post by IH »

TSS wrote:Yes. The joke wagon. Which reached two thirds of the way to lynch before anyone figured out the punchline. That one.
It's not a good opening bandwagon if it doesn't get large.

Besides, it attacked Ibby. Are you serious?

FoS:TSS

I'm unsure who to put my vote on atm....
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

MoS, why were you first concvinced Kscope was scum, but now are sure he's not? I need an answer.
Yo.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Is everyone done claiming? If everyone is done claiming, I will explain.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Or rather, BM has offered to show that he was paying attention by giving his own explanation, and I will correct him if he was wrong.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Uhh, you never claimed. I think there's still some claims left out there, though. It's someone else's turn to do the list.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Mariyta »

ibaesha wrote:Uhh, you never claimed. I think there's still some claims left out there, though. It's someone else's turn to do the list.
Not it!! :P
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Fritzler »

unvote, vote: kscope

mod can we have a vc?
Surfs up dude.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by IH »

Guys we have more important stuff.

Like an impending deadline?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Page 25 Vote Count:

KaleiÐoscøpe: 5 (Kilroy8675309, soupfly, tautology, LoudmouthLee, Fritzler)
IH: 4 (Mariyta, Kinetic, Carrotcake, the silent speaker)
Kinetic: 3 (ibaesha, Faeren Lord of Carlisle, MastermindofSin)
Mariyta: 2 (JDodge, Flameaxe)
Battle Mage: 2 (rolandofthewhite, Blight)
Fritzler: 1 (heatherlou)
heatherlou: 1 (mole)
FlyingFoxBat: 1 (xyzzy)
xyzzy: 1 (FlyingFoxBat)
Faeren Lord of Carlisle: 1 (Battle Mage)
the silent speaker: 1 (IH)
Kilroy8675309: 1 (KaleiÐoscøpe)

Not Voting: 3 (MissMoo, Aimee, YagamiLight)

14 for a Lynch

Items on the ground:

Nothing

Mod Note: Sorry but I didn't have deadlines outlined in the rules. So the deadline rules now state that you must have half the required number of votes to reach a lynch, but only at the end of the deadlined time. So if you reach seven on someone before the time runs out, I wont lynch him/her until the actual deadline.
Last edited by rajrhcpfreak on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Fritzler »

actually,
unvote, vote: kinetic
Surfs up dude.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Thats 3? Mariyta, Kinetic, Carrotcake, the silent speaker

modnote: fixed the problem
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

MoS, I just noticed something, I don't think you ever claimed your item, or did I just completely miss it?
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by tautology »

unvote
vote: Kinetic

I think we have the most information to gain by this lynch right now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Alright, since it seems like this isn't a joke (or OMGUS) wagon anymore, can I start hearing some sort of case please?

So far I've had two suspicious votes (Taut, FLC) because of their lack of doing anything but jumping on a bandwagon. Could one of IH/Mari be scum and the scum team is jumping on me to counter-wagon?

So if the people voting me would indulge me to answer a few questions:

So let's see:

Taut: What type of information do you think will be found out by my lynch? Could you elaborate?

Ibby:
I didn't really like his post where he claimed that I said Fritz was lying scum, either. Because I didn't. When I made the post regarding Fritz's claim, I actually felt it was -more- likely that Fritz didn't pay attention to his PMs than that he was lying. If I had truly felt that Fritz was lying, my post would've been accompanied by a vote. Note: it wasn't.
I didn't intend to make it seem like you called Fritz lying scum. It was me who thought Fritz was lying scum, and I thought it was funny that Fritz was defending you earlier (jokingly, I'm sure) with the Mariyata wagon was found to not be telling the whole truth by you.

I personally don't think that Fritz "didn't know" he got the item from you, or that he had it. That seemed very suspicious to me. Either he never did get the item and you were trying to communicate in the thread to him so he could say so, or he did get it and was trying to hide that fact, not realizing you already partially sold him out. I think the whole thing was scummy, and I wanted to know more. That is why I voted for Fritz.

I've unvoted him because at this time I'm not particularly sure about him, but at this time I'm not willing to pursue it. I'm just going to keep my eyes open.
Also, in regards to Kinetic's last post:
I think it's more likely that scum would be trying to figure out who has what stores than town. Because Kinetic is thinking from that perspective, it hints to me that he's possible scum attempting to do just that. People who think like scum, tend to be scum. Just sayin'.
Well then you don't know me very well at all. I like to think of every possibility and express them. I'm pretty sure you know this about me, but I'll remind you all the same. I'm going to examine as much as I can, using any means that I can. If thinking like scum is scummy, then how are town ever supposed to catch scum? I'm trying to get into the scum's head, trying to figure out their motivations.

For instance, if this mass claim is a scum idea, why would it be? Maybe the scum thought it would be a good idea to get ahead of the mass claim to look town. Maybe certain roles do something, or learn something.

Why would town want to mass claim? Similar reasons I would presume.

FLC:

What do you agree with? Specifically? You have voted me twice, which is odd in that you've only had 5 posts, and you voted me, never unvoted or voted someone else, and then in your very next post, you voted me again... I almost took a double take...

Anyway: The way it looks to me I'm thinking at least one of (IH, Ibby, FLC) are scum, but I can't figure out which. I'm leaning toward IH.
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:35 pm

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

all of your posts are offending mey sense of towniness. I agree with myself. You continually and pointlessly argued against a widely accepted item claim. My voting you twice must of been a mistake, but you deserve it you scumbag. you never item-claimed, even though, like, the rest of the town did. Now that people understand your scumminess, you're trying to throw around suspicion on many other people in a pathetic deflection attempt
Yo.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:21 am

Post by Carrotcake »

I'm assuming the "you and BM" in Carrotcake's post was referring to myself and BM, but it'd be nice if we got clarification
Yes it was referring to you, mastermind.
A looting role? I don't think I would have ever noticed that, since today all of the items of a dead player was just added to the pile.
I had was thinking along the lines of looting closed down shops, and not looting the dead person himself(still possible though). For a game with shops and item goals that may become unachievable - its not that hard to imagine.
also like how you skip a subsequent post where I noticed I had one, and listed three of the items I needed.
You might have believed that not everybody had goals like you, and that you had the idea that goals only belonged to dangerous people. After noticing that everybody had goals, you changed up your story. Its just speculation though. Its still suspicous, as the item goals are quite obvious (in my PM at least).
all of your posts are offending mey sense of towniness. I agree with myself. You continually and pointlessly argued against a widely accepted item claim. My voting you twice must of been a mistake, but you deserve it you scumbag. you never item-claimed, even though, like, the rest of the town did. Now that people understand your scumminess, you're trying to throw around suspicion on many other people in a pathetic deflection attempt
So basically he is scummy because he did not go ahead an follow the ~OBVIOUSLY CORRECT AND SUPER TOWNIE~ item claim?

- I too dont agree with the claim, as of now I cant really see a good enough reason to give the scum hints to our identities and roles. Does that automatically make me scum? Heck could you please say why you think Kinetic's reasons are pointless? Right now it seems you are throwing some picked up reason just to hop on the bandwagon.

Kinetic have you already claimed? I myself dont agree with it, but your keeping it a secret even while your death apporaches is quite suspicious. Would revealing your items get you killed? A gun? A bloody knife? Pictures of Megan's assassination?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:35 am

Post by Kinetic »

Faeren Lord of Carlisle wrote:all of your posts are offending mey sense of towniness. I agree with myself. You continually and pointlessly argued against a widely accepted item claim. My voting you twice must of been a mistake, but you deserve it you scumbag. you never item-claimed, even though, like, the rest of the town did. Now that people understand your scumminess, you're trying to throw around suspicion on many other people in a pathetic deflection attempt
Wow. Lower the Ad Hom. I'm trying to understand the case against me, and you making personal attacks isn't helping me do anything but want to ignore you and throw you and your arguments by the wayside.

Now first: I don't think arguing against the claim was pointless. In fact I made several points that were not ever addressed by anyone, and were subsequently ignored. That alone makes me suspicious of the people pushing the claim. Until my points are adequately addressed, or at least acknowledged by more than a cursory dismissal, I don't feel quite like playing ball.

Second: I did Item Claim. At least to the extant that I understood we were claiming. The second thing that bothered me about the item claim was that we never fully explained WHAT we were claiming until well after we started claiming. When I claimed, it was exactly the information that MOS asked for at the time. No more, no less. Since then, things have changed about how we are claiming, but my position has not. I still think that, for the most part, this could be a very bad idea. And I don't like jumping into something like this without at least a little bit more information.

Third: About a third of the town has NOT item claimed, even though you assure me that they have. This was the latest list of people that have not item claimed yet:
Blight wrote:1. Battle Mage
2. FlyingFoxBat
3. IH
4. JDodge
5. LoudmouthLee
6. MastermindofSin
7. rolandofthewhite
8. soupfly
9. tautology
10. xyzzy
Since then IH has claimed. Taut "claimed" but his claim was pretty much exactly like mine, yet you're not all over him about it.

Let's see who's on this list... OMFG MOS AND BM are there!!!11!!!111!!one

Look, the two players so adamantly pushing the item claim,
FLC wrote:even though, like, the rest of the town did
havn't claimed. No, No one's scum alarms are going off.

Something is up. And if I'm the only one who notices it, something is definitely wrong.

Preview Edit: Carrotcake, I have already claimed.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:40 am

Post by ibaesha »

Kinetic wrote:Well then you don't know me very well at all. I like to think of every possibility and express them. I'm pretty sure you know this about me, but I'll remind you all the same. I'm going to examine as much as I can, using any means that I can. If thinking like scum is scummy, then how are town ever supposed to catch scum? I'm trying to get into the scum's head, trying to figure out their motivations.
Recall that I've only played one game with you and in it you were scum (that I didn't catch onto). So I don't really have a strong meta on you at all. And it's the detail and level you went to in thinking like scum that concerned me. Whenever someone does that, it raises an eyebrow for me.

Also, I mentioned early on when the claiming idea came up that I hadn't really heard any decent arguments against it. Since I hadn't, I was willing to go along with it. I'm not really one to analyze and break down set-ups and figure out the best avenue to take, especially things of such vast nature like this. I never have been because it just gives me a headache. The thing is, why didn't you bring these arguments up at that time? Why did you wait until we were over halfway through and people had already begun claiming?

What is bothering me now though is that MoS was the one who pushed this claiming thing from the start, yet he hasn't claimed himself. And also, being the initial pusher of the claim idea, he hasn't taken the initiative to keep track of the claims or ensure that everyone either A) Claims or B) States their position if they're refusing to claim.
FoS: MoS
If you're going to lead the town down a path you're pushing, then do so.

Why is Kilroy not being questioned more thoroughly? Unlike every other claim: He claims to only have the item he picked up, says he didn't drop an item and says he didn't give an item away. This is a discrepancy that is going unnoticed and untouched upon.
FoS: Kilroy

Not sure I'm liking a Kinetic lynch at this point, but we're very close to deadline and I think his wagon may be good for information regardless of his alignment. Some people are jumping on with weak to no reasoning, including some who have lurked through most of the day and seem to have come out of their little hidey holes all of a sudden.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:52 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

im happy that the talks of voting and ending the day has surfaces to the topic of discussion.

so i will temporarily postpone the deadline to next Thursday.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:00 am

Post by ibaesha »

Cool

unvote, vote kilroy

I flat don't like the discrepancy and I think there's a good chance he's lying.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:07 am

I imed the mod a while back asking for a list of my current items, because I forgot what I had. As it was, I was pretty low on the original claim list, and then we started claiming out of order, so I've been focusing on getting stuff done, because it's not like my claiming later is going to make a difference from earlier.
Permanent V/LA.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:18 am

Post by JDodge »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I imed the mod a while back asking for a list of my current items, because I forgot what I had. As it was, I was pretty low on the original claim list, and then we started claiming out of order, so I've been focusing on getting stuff done, because it's not like my claiming later is going to make a difference from earlier.
That doesn't sound like an item-claim
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:19 am

It isn't.
Permanent V/LA.
JDodge