Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Lazy »

Vote: 50 pounds of bread

Should be 23kg of bread.
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Lazy »

Unvote

Vote: CKD
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Lazy »

WomensRights wrote:I'm pretty sure that taking someone halfway to lynch on a dubious scumtell while not giving himself a chance to explain what's going on is far, far more scummy than CKD questioning the jokevote.

Serious vote!

##unvote: Alasdair
##vote: Lazy

You didn't even provide an explanation as to your vote. It looked like you just hopped on the first bandwagon picking up some steam. And I won't buy an excuse of "But I didn't know how many he had :(" because there's no way that you didn't notice waar and 50's votes directly above yours. Even if you missed Tar's, that would've put CKD at at least 3 votes with yours being the 4th which is, again, an awful lot to tack on to someone without even giving themselves a chance to explain what they meant or defend themselves against the accusations.
Just playing around.

We're hardly out of jokevoting and I've never done blatant bandwagoning yet, so now was a good time to try it out.

I fully expected to be called for it and now it happened.
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Lazy »

WomensRights wrote:
Lazy wrote: Just playing around.

We're hardly out of jokevoting and I've never done blatant bandwagoning yet, so now was a good time to try it out.

I fully expected to be called for it and now it happened.
Joking around or not bringing someone halfway to lynch is still quite scummy in my opinion. Also absolutely nothing in your post even hinted that you were joking about it because you didn't post anything at all.
Well, you're entitled to think so and that's probably what I'd do as well in your situation.

However, I would know better than that if I were scum. It's ever so easy to hide in a game where lurkers are a plenty, so why would I choose to do something as risky and obvious as bandwagoning without a reason?

WIFOM and "too scummy to be scum", I know, but I WAS only fooling around, you know :)
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Lazy »

WomensRights wrote:
Lazy wrote: Well, you're entitled to think so and that's probably what I'd do as well in your situation.

However, I would know better than that if I were scum. It's ever so easy to hide in a game where lurkers are a plenty, so why would I choose to do something as risky and obvious as bandwagoning without a reason?

WIFOM and "too scummy to be scum", I know, but I WAS only fooling around, you know :)
Are you seriously trying to make your only defense a WIFOM defense? Oh good lord. I wish I had two votes Mister. Image
Ahh, :colbert: means this is serious...

But yes, WIFOM is pretty much all I've got.

Mindless actions can't really be defended with great arguments.

I was joking, thought a 5th vote on CKD was amusing (it was) and here we are.

In the headquarters of G E S T A P O :lol:
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Lazy »

mcpaltp wrote:Both waar and WR?'s logic make sense to me. I don't like the WIFOM "joke" of Lazy's and CKD's overraction also seems scummy to me. I'm sort of getting a busing vibe, so I think I'll put a vote on Lazy as he seems incrementally scummier to me.
How exactly can you get a "busing vibe" from a first day jokevote?

-------------------

OK, clearly I made a mistake by playing too loose and not making sure to put huge [JOKE] tags on everything I posted.

I have become a fine scapegoat for the scum to try and get lynched from now on.
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Lazy »

Unvote: CKD

The joke's overdue, I was just too scared to take the vote away right after the pressure from Womensrights.
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Lazy »

WomensRights wrote:
Lazy wrote:

The joke's overdue, I was just too scared to take the vote away right after the pressure from Womensrights.
Wait a second.

My pressure was on you because of the vote. So you decided to keep the vote on because of the pressure? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Taking the vote off right after you brought it up would've just made it look like the vote was actually made with scummy intentions in the first place.
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by Lazy »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Lazy wrote:
WomensRights wrote:
Lazy wrote:

Wait a second.

My pressure was on you because of the vote. So you decided to keep the vote on because of the pressure? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Taking the vote off right after you brought it up would've just made it look like the vote was actually made with scummy intentions in the first place.
You know, there's a term out there that describes how you look when you try to appear not to have scummy intentions: scummy.

Seriously, actively trying not to appear scummy is one of the biggest scumtells in my book. You've just shot up on my scumdar - at the very least, I want to see how you react to some pressure.

Vote: Lazy
I was just being honest.

Would it have been better if I'd just sneakily unvoted?

There was nothing behind that vote and I don't understand why you are so vehemently trying to make a case out of it.
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Lazy »

What can I say?

I'm sorry for making such a "scummy" move and excusing it in the wrong way.

It's fucking hard to undo this, especially with all the scum chiming in now that I'm a perfect target to blame.

I'm sorry for being stupid and making myself a red herring for the town :(
Lazy
Lazy
Townie
Lazy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:28 am

Post by Lazy »

WomensRights wrote:Lazy you're Armco right? You've got the same avatar at least.

I've got no experience with him in games really, except for one that we're both in on SA, so I can't say whether or not he's one of the players that seems perpetually scummy. Haven't played enough to get a bead on him.
Yep, I'm Armco.

I guess Ragnarok mafia gives the best picture about how I play.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=2654124

I don't know if the forums are open to public at the moment, though.

About the unvoting: Back when WR first questioned me about it, I didn't really understand why she thought it was so scummy, so I thought that unvoting immediately would've been the same as admitting that it WAS scummy.

I felt I had no reason to admit that I had done something scummy, because it really wasn't anything more than a jokewagon vote.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”