Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:18 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Vote: CKD

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA, YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #145 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Alasdair wrote:
WomensRights we are talking about the game on American Online Instant Messanger as we speak!
The Frakking Rules that are posted on Page 1 wrote:5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
K?
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #207 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Peers wrote:I enjoy the faster pace; I got started in Mafia in 48-hour-deadline games, so the speed isn't that new to me. I think it'll be
much better for us once we get out of the random phase of things.
Comments on the CKD wagon?
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #210 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I thought that I had either unvoted or upgraded my vote from a random vote at some point, with explanation. Clearly I was wrong.

Unvote
for now while I look over the wagon.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #246 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Lazy wrote:
WomensRights wrote:
Lazy wrote:
Unvote: CKD

The joke's overdue, I was just too scared to take the vote away right after the pressure from Womensrights.
Wait a second.

My pressure was on you because of the vote. So you decided to keep the vote on because of the pressure? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Taking the vote off right after you brought it up would've just made it look like the vote was actually made with scummy intentions in the first place.
You know, there's a term out there that describes how you look when you try to appear not to have scummy intentions: scummy.

Seriously, actively trying not to appear scummy is one of the biggest scumtells in my book. You've just shot up on my scumdar - at the very least, I want to see how you react to some pressure.

Vote: Lazy
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #373 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

windshipper wrote:I'm not defending him. I just don't want to vote off the jester on day 1. I've never played a game on mafia scum either, but Saint Freak has played in games before. I know this for a fact because he and I are from the same board. He's never played like this though, which is what makes me wonder if he's a jester or some other type of role like that. I just really don't want to do that.

How sure are you that Theo wouldn't put a jester in this game? Sorry, I've just never played a game on this forum before so I don't know what mods would do what.
Your use of the "he might be a Jester! argument just shot you to the top of my scumdar.

The possibility of a Jester completely irrelevant to us unless the Jester win ends the game (which generally isn't the case in large games). As long as the town fulfills its win condition, we don't care about whether a neutral gets to win with us - in fact, Jesters are typically enough of a distraction that it's in the town's interests to let them fulfill their win condition early on.

By way of contrast, the possibility of a Jester is relevant to the scum, since they can use that possibility to distract and confuse the town. More to the point, I've seen scum bring Jesters up so much recently that I currently consider it voteworthy by itself.

Unvote, Vote: Windshipper
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #533 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I've been with relatively limited access lately (most of which has been going towards some of the theme games, which are more interesting to me, and Newb 490 since that game was in LyLo), and this game is going at a remarkably fast pace. Because of this, I've fallen behind and will need to catch up, and I will be unable to effectively contribute until I have done so.

Now, a quick scan shows me that people want me to give a response to kilgrey, who seems to be arguing that I am scum. Frankly, I fail to see how answering someone's points against me is good for the town - I prefer to let cases stand on their own merits whenever possible (i.e, outside of endgame). If you think that I am scum and decide to lynch me for it, so be it. My survival is irrelevant so long as I do my part to help the town find the scum.

I'll post again once I've had a chance to look over the thread (hopefully tonight, probably tomorrow).
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #699 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

It gets worse.

After reviewing my schedule, it's clear that I won't be able to stay in all of my games, and in particular I will have difficulty keeping up with even one game with SA'ers, let alone two.

It would be best for the game and my (limited) sanity if I am replaced.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #726 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Tarhalindur wrote:It gets worse.

After reviewing my schedule, it's clear that I won't be able to stay in all of my games, and in particular I will have difficulty keeping up with even one game with SA'ers, let alone two.

It would be best for the game and my (limited) sanity if I am replaced.
*ahem*

Yes, this was me asking for replacement.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #758 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Skruffs, this is the third time I have asked for replacement
User out of ambit.