Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:27 am

Post by waar »

50 pounds of bread wrote:Waar, truth or dare?
Truth
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:45 am

Post by waar »

Okay guys here's the thing. I read the game where Alasdair masterfully executed his Alasdair Gambit in order to win the game with a dude named Peter who signed every damn post with -Peter for some fucking reason. Anyway, from that game I could tell right away that Alasdair is pretty much the best Mafia player I've ever seen and we should all pay very close attention to who he suspects.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:57 am

Post by waar »

50 pounds of bread wrote:
waar wrote:
50 pounds of bread wrote:Waar, truth or dare?
Truth
Are you scum?
No
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Vote: CKD

bandwagon much?
now that just hurts BM...

I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...

I say you are (fill in the blank), the circle begins a new?

are we going to start bumping heads again?
Yeah dude you're overreacting pretty hard to a semi-joke vote on you. That seems pretty scummy to me so I'm going to have a drop a vote here.

Vote: curiouskarmadog
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:46 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, BM, see what you have caused?
And now you're trying to downplay your scum slip from before by pretending it's nothing. Just keep digging your own grave buddy.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:59 am

Post by waar »

Okay halfway to a lynch is hardly a big deal, you still need a whole nother 5 votes for the lynch.
curiouskarmadog wrote: I will even humor you further, if I did overreact, how does that =scum?
A townie would react calm. Your reply to his jokevote gave me the impression that you were nervous about something. Nervousness is often-times a sign of guilt.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:22 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I never said I was half way anywhere.
That wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards WomensRights
curiouskarmadog wrote:still confused here, how did I over react?
The first post I quoted when I voted for you is where you over reacted
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:30 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Who is "you" in that sentence which was directed toward Womensright?
"You" would be just anybody in the game.
curiouskarmadog wrote:still not answering the question...please example to me HOW I over reacted. Quoting my reply doesnt explain HOW I over reactted..
Okay this is the post I was talking about:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Vote: CKD

bandwagon much?
now that just hurts BM...

I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...

I say you are (fill in the blank), the circle begins a new?

are we going to start bumping heads again?
You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:34 am

Post by waar »

mcpaltp wrote:Outside comunication about game events is verboten. I'm not talking about the
game events
outside of this thread, and I'm sure the rest aren't either.
I'm not either. Who is?
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I never said his reasoning sucked? Did you think it sucked?
Yes you did:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:49 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote: where? if I get anything from that, I was calling him a hypocrite..
Ugh why argue semantics? The quote I posted was one where you explained why you didn't agree with his argument. Hence, why you thought it sucked.
curiouskarmadog wrote:again, did you think it sucked?
If I thought it was a serious argument then yes I would agree that placing a vote on someone because they placed a 2nd vote on somebody else in a 19 player game is a shitty argument. However he was joking.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:04 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:24 am

Post by waar »

50 pounds of bread wrote:So what the crap is simulposting.
I think it's a stupid word to describe when someone replies while you're typing out a reply and the new replies take you by surprise because you didn't preview.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:27 am

Post by waar »

Just so you guys know a lot of us are used to default 72 hour deadlines for the entire day and 300 new posts in a game between going to sleep and waking up. Some of you guys are going to have to put on your A game so you can keep up with the rest of us. You could say I, and some others who have joined this game, are eXtreme Mafia players. Just a fair warning.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:05 am

Post by waar »

Saint Freak wrote:Someone sum up the case against CKD in like, 4 bullet points. I don't have time to read all of this.
  • Ridiculous overreaction to an early joke vote.
  • Defensive throughout the entire thread about this overreaction.
So far it's the best lead we have.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:09 am

Post by waar »

Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, BM, see what you have caused?
wow. its a sad day when i cant go through with a BW on CKD, because there isnt any case whatsoever. Its an even sadder day when the only time people listen to me is when i don't actually care. lol.

will look for opportunists tomorrow.
Just a friendly request. Could you try to make your posts more readable? Use proper capitalization and punctuation, it's a sign of respect for your fellow Mafia players. Not all of us want to feel like we're reading an AOL chat room when we are reading a forum.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:15 am

Post by waar »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Alasdair wrote:
WomensRights we are talking about the game on American Online Instant Messanger as we speak!
The Frakking Rules that are posted on Page 1 wrote:5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
K?
I don't think he was serious bro
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:21 am

Post by waar »

The part where you said:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning
Also, you're not using ellipses correctly. You can't use them to indicate a pause.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:23 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote: I cant? LOL..must mean I am scum.
No, just an idiot.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:29 am

Post by waar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:no, I wouldnt have voted him if he would have done those things. But the fact he wants to push a vote with absolutely no case is scummy..thus my vote.
I will vote for whoever has the best case against them. There is a case against you. The case against you is the bast case right now not because of the quality of the case, but because of the quality of any other case that may be. In a 19 player game 1 vote is nothing, there's no reason for everybody not to keep a vote on the person they find the scummiest. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 am

Post by waar »

While curiouskarmadog is the scummiest right now, it certainly won't help us to lynch somebody so quickly with so little discussion. Let's see what others have to say.

Unvote
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by waar »

WomensRights wrote: Waar stop correcting people on their grammar and punctuation. It's a nitpicky thing, and as far as I'm concerned only scum nitpick. This place doesn't have rules on it, we're not on SA, so let it go.
It's not nitpicking. I don't like reading shit that looked like somebody just threw their pet cat onto the fucking keyboard and posted the outcome.
WomensRights wrote:Also, your unvote concerns me. You've been arguing with him back and forth for 2 pages now, but now you unvote? Why's that? You think he's the scummiest, you'd like him lynched right? So why would you unvote him because the bandwagon is picking up steam?
It's true I think it's the scummiest. I would still have my vote on him if he wasn't so close to getting lynched though. Just because I think he's the scummiest doesn't mean I'm 100% sure he is scum. Nobody is ever 100% sure somebody is scum, not even cops. That's why I want more discussion before a lynch occurs so that on the chance that curiouskarmadog flips town this day wouldn't have been a waste.

Frankly I'm surprised I had to explain this to you.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by waar »

waar wrote:Nobody is ever 100% sure somebody is scum, not even cops.
Ugh I just re-read this and it sounds like a softclaim. Know that it is not.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:23 am

Post by waar »

Garnasha wrote:waar seemed just to have looked back through the thread looking for a nice target.
No, I saw who I found the scummiest, explained my case, and voted. That's not scummy.
Battle Mage wrote:relentless and foolish bandwagonning. :p
It wasn't a bandwagon, I was the 3rd vote on curiouskarmadog and I unvoted when he got to 7 votes. That is by no means a bandwagon, and if that is your only reason for voting for me then there are much, much better targets.
Porochaz wrote:His reaction to CKD's "over reaction" seems forced, therefore
Hey he was the scummiest at the time so I stated my reason and voted for him. You should be thanking me for stabbing the retarded joke vote phase in the heart. I'm sorry if my reaction to curiouskarmadog seems forced, I don't know how to defend myself against that.
Garnasha wrote:So I voted the one who really got the BW going, that being waar.
You can't blame the first few people for a bandwagon, they don't control how other people vote. That's just ridiculous.
ChronX wrote: I very much agree with garnasha's rationale in post 188 for his vote on waar, he says it more succintly than I managed to last night.

Vote: Waar
for reasons posted in #174 (my post where I FoS him)
Is there a reason you aren't stating your case with the vote and just telling us what number post in the thread your reasoning is, without even a link to it? As far as I'm concerned the reason you gave for this vote is "yeah I agree" to somebody else.
Garnasha wrote:If he really thought it that suspcious he'd have reacted instantly.
Does evidence in Mafia have some sort of statute of limitations? I can't use something unless it's been a certain amount of time since it was posted? Noted.

In closing I feel that the votes against me have very weak arguments for the reasons I stated in this post.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:01 am

Post by waar »

Tarhalindur wrote:
windshipper wrote:I'm not defending him. I just don't want to vote off the jester on day 1. I've never played a game on mafia scum either, but Saint Freak has played in games before. I know this for a fact because he and I are from the same board. He's never played like this though, which is what makes me wonder if he's a jester or some other type of role like that. I just really don't want to do that.

How sure are you that Theo wouldn't put a jester in this game? Sorry, I've just never played a game on this forum before so I don't know what mods would do what.
Your use of the "he might be a Jester! argument just shot you to the top of my scumdar.

The possibility of a Jester completely irrelevant to us unless the Jester win ends the game (which generally isn't the case in large games). As long as the town fulfills its win condition, we don't care about whether a neutral gets to win with us - in fact, Jesters are typically enough of a distraction that it's in the town's interests to let them fulfill their win condition early on.

By way of contrast, the possibility of a Jester is relevant to the scum, since they can use that possibility to distract and confuse the town. More to the point, I've seen scum bring Jesters up so much recently that I currently consider it voteworthy by itself.
Vote: Tarhalindur

Fos: Lemming1607, Skitzer

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”