mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

The Dangers of GistouIn the modern world of Gistou, there are many who have been displaced from their homes from one cause or another, ranging across the six documented species. Maybe it was of their own volition, maybe they had no choice, but the sad truth is, remaining stationary in the current world is a luxury. Even simply dwelling in a single region is a risk, as most feel the need to roam the world in order to scrap by the resources to live life.

This exponential increase in wandering has given rise to a bit of an unusual practice. Many on the road have reason not to reveal their real names, as their names often carry with them some aura about where they come from, who they are, and other such details they may not wish the world to be privy to. Instead, they have adapted aliases, and with these aliases, have created personalities, masking their true selves.

Gistou now focuses on, and follows, 28 such individuals from all walks of life. Who they are, only they really know. But they all hide their past, and all have reason for it. Because in Gistou, knowledge has become power, thus, the more someone knows...the greater control they possess. This is how their lives must be lived. And, for the unfortunate, this is also how their lives will end: in a sad anonymity, someone--sooner or later--would die. Who will it be?
You decide.
<<< Day One now begins. The deadline is Tuesday, August 2nd, at 9:00 PM PST: (expired on 2016-08-02 21:00:00).
Good luck everyone, and remember the most important rule of all: have fun! >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Expedience »

VOTE: rb
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 571, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 570, Expedience wrote:
In post 562, rb wrote:But Luna is our FRIEND.
???

Cane + Able's name bothers me because I keep expecting it to be Nero Cain, but he's in another hydra. They should probably have chosen a different name.
Tough titty.

1) Nero Cain is spelled quite differently.
2) Cane & Able is the title of a House episode.
It's obviously based off Cain & Abel though.

And thanks for forming further distracting associations with Kurio's avatar.
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Stormblade »

bad read from SC on 125 minus many townpoints dude what the shit.

126 IS SO WRONG LUNA FOX IS LIKE EXACTLY RIGHT OH MY GOD. not really bothering with Ice's posts because idk i think they town and whatever. they right when they say shit usually tho.

dig the meta coming from Ceph i appreciate the perspective. oh my god everything eexpedience posts is so fucking scummy.

ceeeeeeeeeEEEEEEERRRRBBB is lame.

Salt Squad is town i trust i trust i trust!!! Heartless scumlean for 223 there's been multiple FA townreads and u pick out that one? i can respect the reasoning in 255 but it just feels like maybe scum trying to discredit town finding each other early.

I like the reads in 234 except maybe the BBmolla read. again feels shallow. maybe im just being too wary of the dude.

lots and lots of words man oh man i feel like a kid in the back seat like ARE WE THERE YET "no we got another 9 pages" ARE WE THERE YET? yeah im getting hella lazy. ima just post what i have and read the last few pages and if u guys feel there's anything else super important to read lemme know. my HYDRA PARTNERS will keep tracking of those missing 10 or so pages :D

-Nahdia
In post 550, rb wrote:
In post 534, Stormblade wrote:Goddamn so I had 5 pages down in a big long catchup post and then my computer crashed so you people are just gonn ahve to to dealwith this shit sloppy shit and ur gonna like it

ok first 5 pages. from what i remember it was mostly bbmolla being dumb and ppl yelling. Tim was mad at him and i couldn't decide if it was disingeousous "trying really hard to look like town" or actually town. bbmolla wasn't actually town fori t. copper was right on that. luna was right to say people should stop giving a fuck. SC was bad when he called luna scum for that but was town when he said something else and i dont really remmber what it was. also THIS GUY. THIS FUCKING GUY. THIS GUY IS SCUM. AND IM GONNA VOTE HIM RIGIHT NOW:

VOTE: EXPEDIENCE

im actually so pos of this and whenever i get confident early game reads they're usually right so look the fuck out dude im tunneling you till the end of time.

other stuff. The ice head of Ice and Fire got salty and Titus called her town for it and Titus was probably right but NAI from Titus. ASOIAF lean town tho. Nosferatu dishes out some quality bant and Cephir apparently isn't about that lifestyle but he can step off bc Nosferatu is cool by me dude. i feel ike scum were moe inclined to harp on that molla bullshit for as long as they could bc it's the kind of discussion where ucan blend in and earn #townpoints without actually having reads.

anyway more to come SOON probably maybe and i will likely be more drunk by then this is just first 5 pages.

-Nahdia
I'm inclined to townread Stormblade for this because Exped was my biggest scumlean early game as well. I want to hear reasons though, once you catch up.

Exped scumread increased from 67% to 69% (hehe 69!)
Please hold while I collect quotes:

Spoiler: Scummy Expe Quotes IMHO
In post 56, Expedience wrote:
In post 46, Tim wrote:"Are you aware there is a cult in the game"
"But what does it mean?"

+

"Please give region"
"Why'd you do that bro"
His entrance was so town are you kidding me.
extremely shallow read. my first inclination was BBmolla was town for it but reading it again i was like "but why the fuck would he do this" and it instantly occured to me that he might be making an early claim for townpoints because that's something lots of people tend to townread but the info is honestly going to be widely useless.
In post 68, Expedience wrote:
In post 66, Tim wrote:
In post 54, BBmolla wrote:LMFAO wHo cAREAS HAHA Xd
I do. Well I did.

There's at least 3 factions that have a 1-shot recruiting ability, and the cult probably is multiple shot but I can't imagine them not being able to recruit humans.

Do Bulletproofs claim so their role becomes worthless? No, because that's stupid.

But by all means, continue to troll. Maybe more sods like Expedience will buy that
Okay, but how does that make BBMolla scum rather than just bad town?
again this is so shallow and just feels like Expe is defending "the read townies should have". scum who knows the person he's talking about isn't his alignment (this is multiball but subscious scumtells still lean towards insgleball?)
In post 76, Expedience wrote:
In post 74, Titus wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8101170#p8101170]post 72[/url], Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 69, Expedience wrote:That's all you can find because you're scum and incapable of reading, all you can do is see.

Yes, I am siriously threatening you with my vote.
My normal response to this kind of shitty behaviors is to say "Fuck off"

I won't respond to it anyway cuase I'm done getting force replaced for people like you corning me and making me toxic.

so ....
Hi town. (Hugs)
Not really, that;s what I would expect FA to do as either alignment.
In post 75, Tim wrote:
In post 68, Expedience wrote: Okay, but how does that make BBMolla scum rather than just bad town?
Do you have any experience playing with BBmolla? He's not bad town. you can say maybe he's performed badly as town sometimes, but he isn't bad town. 2ndly, he has a carefree attitude as all alignments really. And he's done speculative plays before as scum before as well.

@Bbmolla: Perhaps you don't have the same kind of "how to play a role" sense as I do, but that kind of play really stretches my limits of credulity. In any case my metric for scumminess won't be defined as just that, so if your day play is satisfactory it will do a lot to help your claim
Okay, I mean town-who-misplayed or whatever you want to call claiming your faction and flavor for no reason as town. Because I see that as no less likely than him faking it as scum even if he has a carefree attitude as all alignments.
discrediting early FA townread is bad. knee jerk reaction to town finding each other or whatever uhg thi is feeling so contrived honestly this shit is fuckign scummy ok. the carefree attitutd thing is w/e idk.
In post 86, Expedience wrote:Sry for trying to play the game... ;-,
bad post bad post bad post bad post bad post badpotsufbb
In post 93, Expedience wrote:
In post 92, Luna Fox wrote:That discussion wrt BBMolla has been overblown I agree, why do we want to speculate on something so silly?
^ scumpostng
NO IT'S NOT WHAT THE HELL.
In post 126, Expedience wrote:
In post 120, Luna Fox wrote:shutting scumhunting by overfocusing on probability discussion.
Clearly not a thing.
YES IT IS WHAT THE HELL.
In post 121, Expedience wrote:
In post 120, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 117, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:Luna what do you think about the people who were talking about the probability stuff?
I think if they're town, they should be discussing alignments instead of probability and if they are discussing probability they should explain how it relates to finding alignment.
If they are scum like i think Exp is, then they are doing fine by shutting scumhunting by overfocusing on probability discussion.
Why are you pretending to scumread me?
WHAT EVEN IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE
In post 111, Expedience wrote:
In post 109, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 106, Expedience wrote:Let's just all agree to immediately lynch Luna Fox once the day starts so people don't struggle to keep up with all the hydra posts.
This is scum or anti-town at best, how does it help you to immediately lynch me even if you think im scum, before i even get started scumhunting and getting information out?
because urscumlol

Yes Cephrir, but the hydras will be nightkilled maybe. I just don't want to get caught up in all the posts. I know for a fact that in a large theme if my concentration lapses for one day of not caring to post I will be possibly forever disengaged.
UR SHADIER THAN A WILLOW TREE DUDE.
In post 136, Expedience wrote:FA is seemingly acting as a mediator here and I think it's scummy.
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN
im not expressing myself well i guess but i dont wanna just say gut i just feel like he's

a) Trying to harp on a mech discussion so he can blend in with town
b) Discrediting early townreads which has scum motive written all over it
c) His own scumreads make no fucking sense to me and are on people i mostly townread
d) His reactions to people scumreading him SUCK. "im sorry for playing the game lol y r u pretending to scmread me xDDD"

-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 492, Wayward Thinker wrote:OK, so here is what I have for reads:

Town:

Dav - for being so proactive so early/pointing things out that he doesn't need to
No Retreat - Just seems like Town motive
Expedience - I don't think they do what they are doing as Scum

My one Scum read is:

Nosferatu - doesn't seem to be actually solving the game, but pointing out stuff that really doesn't matter much.
Even though I agree with three of these reads prima facia, I don't like anything about how you're expressing them. They're wimpy.
In post 534, Stormblade wrote:Goddamn so I had 5 pages down in a big long catchup post and then my computer crashed so you people are just gonn ahve to to dealwith this shit sloppy shit and ur gonna like it

ok first 5 pages. from what i remember it was mostly bbmolla being dumb and ppl yelling. Tim was mad at him and i couldn't decide if it was disingeousous "trying really hard to look like town" or actually town. bbmolla wasn't actually town fori t. copper was right on that. luna was right to say people should stop giving a fuck. SC was bad when he called luna scum for that but was town when he said something else and i dont really remmber what it was. also THIS GUY. THIS FUCKING GUY. THIS GUY IS SCUM. AND IM GONNA VOTE HIM RIGIHT NOW:

im actually so pos of this and whenever i get confident early game reads they're usually right so look the fuck out dude im tunneling you till the end of time.

other stuff. The ice head of Ice and Fire got salty and Titus called her town for it and Titus was probably right but NAI from Titus. ASOIAF lean town tho. Nosferatu dishes out some quality bant and Cephir apparently isn't about that lifestyle but he can step off bc Nosferatu is cool by me dude. i feel ike scum were moe inclined to harp on that molla bullshit for as long as they could bc it's the kind of discussion where ucan blend in and earn #townpoints without actually having reads.

anyway more to come SOON probably maybe and i will likely be more drunk by then this is just first 5 pages.

-Nahdia
I fucking love this post. My love of this post borders on the sexual.
In post 542, Stormblade wrote:
In post 464, Cephrir wrote:<sad pumbaa>
Hey what's up Ceph. What's got you frowning?

Albert
I like Heartless and I want them to townread me so I can work with them!
In post 561, Expedience wrote:ok I would like to lynch Luna Fox or davesaz.
In post 564, Heartless wrote:
In post 467, davesaz wrote:
In post 468, Heartless wrote:
In post 199, Heartless wrote:could vote wayward or tim. not liking beeboy posts from the salthydra
I'm on the same wavelength with the Tim read.

Also scumreading Cephrir.
Reason on Cephrir? And not on the same wavelength on the others?
On Cephrir, I just think his overall posting is pretty craptacular. The occasional Nosferatu shots aren't very good and don't have any teeth. There's also his latest post on davesaz () which gives me the distinct "pushing-but-not-really-pushing" feel that I think scum try to shoot for in multiballs.
Oh right, you don't get me. <_>
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I managed not to add my total confusion about how expe could be scumreading luna fox.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Expedience »

Nahdia would it change anything if I wrote those posts at 3am in my timezone.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 578, Stormblade wrote:extremely shallow read. my first inclination was BBmolla was town for it but reading it again i was like "but why the fuck would he do this" and it instantly occured to me that he might be making an early claim for townpoints because that's something lots of people tend to townread but the info is honestly going to be widely useless.
I didn't think Tim's 46 was about BBmolla.
Bartleby the Scrivener
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by copper223 »

VOTE: Heartless
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by Stormblade »

In post 581, Expedience wrote:Nahdia would it change anything if I wrote those posts at 3am in my timezone.
No excuse for scumminess.

-Nahdia
Cephrir wrote:
In post 578, Stormblade wrote:extremely shallow read. my first inclination was BBmolla was town for it but reading it again i was like "but why the fuck would he do this" and it instantly occured to me that he might be making an early claim for townpoints because that's something lots of people tend to townread but the info is honestly going to be widely useless.
Oh??? Well was Expedience talking about BBmolla? That's how I interpreted it >_> who else would they be talking about???
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 584, Stormblade wrote:
In post 581, Expedience wrote:Nahdia would it change anything if I wrote those posts at 3am in my timezone.

-Nahdia
Cephrir wrote:
Oh??? Well was Expedience talking about BBmolla? That's how I interpreted it >_> who else would they be talking about???
I thought they were talking about Lickety's hydra, whatchamacallit.
Bartleby the Scrivener
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

VOTE: copper

Going to bed now. Prepared to wake up to 20 pages more
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 577, Expedience wrote:
In post 571, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 570, Expedience wrote:
In post 562, rb wrote:But Luna is our FRIEND.
???

Cane + Able's name bothers me because I keep expecting it to be Nero Cain, but he's in another hydra. They should probably have chosen a different name.
Tough titty.

1) Nero Cain is spelled quite differently.
2) Cane & Able is the title of a House episode.
It's obviously based off Cain & Abel though.

And thanks for forming further distracting associations with Kurio's avatar.
1) No, it's based off the fact he's crippled (cane) and fucking smart (able). Have you never watched the show?
2) Check join dates, bub. This account has had this avatar since d1.
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: Nosferatu
Bartleby the Scrivener
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 584, Stormblade wrote:

-Nahdia
would it change anything if I had a green role pm
Cephrir wrote:
Oh??? Well was Expedience talking about BBmolla? That's how I interpreted it >_> who else would they be talking about???[/quote]
I meant Wayward Thinker. BBmolla is null / slight town.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 560, Expedience wrote:
In post 555, davesaz wrote:
In post 546, Expedience wrote:
In post 541, rb wrote:Whoever the person that said the game isn't even Day 1, could you please outline how and why these pre-game interactions are apparently unimportant?

It may as well be called Day 1 with the way interactions are going.
I don't like this post because you don't specifically address anyone.
Don't like it as in it's scummy?
Yes.
Do you think effort is AI?
Maybe a little, please explain the relevance of this question.
You didn't like that the post was general in nature. General posts typically require less effort than specific. So it implied that you think less effort -> scummy. I wanted to test that logic by asking if you indeed think that way.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

oh god i missed this awful, awful, awful scumpost

VOTE: Expedience

Just, ew
Bartleby the Scrivener
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 583, copper223 wrote:VOTE: Heartless
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 590, davesaz wrote:
In post 541, rb wrote:Whoever the person that said the game isn't even Day 1, could you please outline how and why these pre-game interactions are apparently unimportant?

Yes.
You didn't like that the post was general in nature. General posts typically require less effort than specific. So it implied that you think less effort -> scummy. I wanted to test that logic by asking if you indeed think that way.
That doesn't make sense at all...

I didn't like it because it was a vague comment.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by dramonic »

I wanted to vote C+A, but I don't feel that way anymore.
Wish I had a dayvig tho.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 593, Expedience wrote:
In post 590, davesaz wrote:

Yes.
That doesn't make sense at all...

I didn't like it because it was a vague comment.
Maybe it's because it was 3am when he made it.
Everybody lies.

Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 591, Cephrir wrote:
oh god i missed this awful, awful, awful scumpost

VOTE: Expedience

Just, ew
I think it's a perfectly valid excuse for why my posts earlier were especially poor quality. I don't remember exactly but I think I was trying to annoy people.

Knowing myself most of those posts which Nahdia seemed to dislike were supposed to be joking but it didn't come across at all.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 594, dramonic wrote:I wanted to vote C+A, but I don't feel that way anymore.
Wish I had a dayvig tho.
they're pretty scummy too, yes
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

VOTE: titus
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 594, dramonic wrote:I wanted to vote C+A, but I don't feel that way anymore.
Wish I had a dayvig tho.
Why you wanna kill town, bro?

Got a case of teh scumz?
Everybody lies.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”