rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by rb »

@Expedience - In you say Nahdia's case on you makes no sense. What about it makes no sense?

In you say Salt Squad is being dumb. Why are they being dumb?

@Heartless - are you reading Ceph as Null or are you reading Ceph as Town?

@No Retreat - Dave's honestly bypassed all my filters, can you briefly outline what you find scummy about him?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by davesaz »

@No Retreat: Is that Nero? You're just as wrong here as you have been in every game I can think of offhand.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'll do analysis tomorrow, after I see if any answers come back.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 897, Heartless wrote:
In post 895, copper223 wrote:The expedience wagon is promising
it is?

i'm kinda' missing whatever everyone else is seeing on that and tth didnt seem to catch anything there either

what are YOU seeing in tit?
Expe is unusually flaily, whereas as town his posts are compact and minimalistic, he is spending far too much time justifying himself and appealing to other players instead of scum hunting, I don't understsnd his Luna read and the way he is pushing it seems fake.
No Retreat
No Retreat
Goon
No Retreat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by No Retreat »

dat discredit!
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by Wayward Thinker »

In post 873, Titus wrote:
In post 861, davesaz wrote:
In post 832, Titus wrote:
In post 829, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:I can't see why expe wagon formed.

people just voted him.

someone explain why they felt the aggression and calling so many people scum is scummy

~Ice
This is the short version of why Expedience is town aside from Math's push.
I found this and wanted to follow up to it separately. How is "people just voted him" an indication of town, in a multi-faction game? Or any game for that matter, wagons do form and sometimes they are on scum.
I'll admit this is a unique setup with multiple town factions, but I am supposing that town and scum still behave similarly and human = town. Wagons do form and on scum, but you're oversimplifying. Expedience is wagoned for unpopular opinions, but not ones that are scummy imho.
I agree with you here.
In post 885, rb wrote:I can't stand - as a general rule I zone out and can't be fucked dealing with meta and delving into other games. If someone wants to give a specific example from another game they can go and get it themselves. I'll still disregard it but it annoys me to no end to be told to go and look at another game. Explain your actions in THIS game without sending Town on a multi-game-interpretation circlejerk. Also the statement, "it's not important what my reasons are" is just setting Wayward up to make a whole bunch of shit reasons for reads and expect people to not question them. Sorry, not letting you do that.

VOTE: Wayward Thinker
OK, I have a few things to comment on this:

1) Yes, my reasons do not makes sense to other people. This does not, however, mean that I will not be giving my reasons anyways.
2) I am not at all asking you to look up any game, so I have no idea where you are getting that.
3) I am not the only person for this slot so as such, I will be talking over my reads with my hydra partner. Hopefully in the process, my reasons will be more refined and better understood by Ya'all.
4) Are you seriously disagreeing with me about not knowing what I am talking about when I say that the games I have hosted that you have been in you have been pretty much all business?
5) Your reasons for voting me a poor

I'm keeping my vote on you until I talk to Suz again or until Suz leaves for Vacation depending on what else you do this game.
Hydra of LicketyQuickety and Suzune
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 900, rb wrote:@Heartless - 868 are you reading Ceph as Null or are you reading Ceph as Town?
null

right now i dont have any townreads

/blah blah blah it's great to townhunt, townblocks win games you should town hunt why dont you have any townreads what the fucks wrong w/ you blah blahbbkl;ajd;lkasjfd;lsajf;leajw;l3jwl;fjewa;jflk;ewajlf;kcdsamlkffj;lkdsajlkfdkjsafjdslka;jf;lkdsajflk;dsaf

whatever

bottom line: i think the most readable thing someone can do as town is post legitimate reads. which here... scum can also do. so until i get to the point where we have n number of flipped factions and i think "person x probably isn't scum WITH any of the flipped scum" i'm probably not going to have any real strong "townreads"

/aint multiball grand?

now, for practical and functional purposes, something i AM doing is adopting a mindset of "who do i not want to lynch IMMEDIATELY?" and ceph is in that group of people simply b/c regardless of what he actually is, he can be useful now
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

rb one thing i dont understand is you spend a lot of time saying how exp's reads are fake yada yada yada, yet you end up voting wayward.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 903, copper223 wrote:Expe is unusually flaily, whereas as town his posts are compact and minimalistic, he is spending far too much time justifying himself and appealing to other players instead of scum hunting, I don't understsnd his Luna read and the way he is pushing it seems fake.
my thinking is that scum dont need to fake reads so they're probably not going to

is this extrapolated from one-sided meta ... or what kind of body are you pulling from there?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by copper223 »

High and recent exposure of town meta, only second hand of scum meta; good point about multiball but this is also an OMGUS situation which may explain why it's coming across as if he doesn't believe what he is saying.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Heartless »

i'll leave the vote here
VOTE: wayward thinker

the entrance was really wishy-washy around the region and most of the stuff around there is safe and setup specy. suzune leaning on rb for the whole "percentages" thing which i never read as SUPER SRS anyway is also meh and nothing awesome's come out of that slot so ... plop
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:20 pm

Post by mastin2 »

triviaAn endearing trait of raptors is their near-human intelligence, allowing for a high level of mutual understanding. An endearing trait of grodens is their fierce loyalty to their masters. An endearing trait of horses is...well, they won't rip your face off if they're hungry, and/or in a bad mood.

Seventh Votecount
:
Expedience - 6 (Stormblade, Cephrir, Nosferatu, Luna Fox, Klingoncelt, Mathblade)

Wayward Thinker - 4 (dramonic, Salt Squad, rb, Heartless)

rb - 2 (Wayward Thinker, Expedience)
Heartless - 1 (copper223)
copper223 - 1 (KuroiXHF)
Cane + Able - 1 (Titus)
Stormblade - 1 (A Song of Ice and Fire)
davesaz - 1 (No Retreat)
Titus - 1 (BBMolla)

Not Voting - 10 (Almost50, davesaz, Cane + Able, Tim, RAM, Lady Lambdadelta, TheWayItEnds, Skybird, Toogeloo, Franky)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Day 1's deadline is Tuesday, August 2nd, @ 9:00 PM PST: (expired on 2016-08-02 21:00:00).
At deadline,
Expedience
would be lynched.

Extras
Spoiler: Changes from Last Votecount
(-1)
Expedience - 6 (Stormblade, Cephrir, Nosferatu, Luna Fox, Klingoncelt, Mathblade,
No Retreat
)
(-1)
rb - 2 (Wayward Thinker,
BBMolla
, Expedience)
(+2)
Wayward Thinker - 4 (dramonic, Salt Squad,
rb, Heartless
)
Heartless - 1 (copper223)
copper223 - 1 (KuroiXHF)
Cane + Able - 1 (Titus)
(=0)
Stormblade - 1 (A Song of Ice and Fire)
(+1)
davesaz - 1 (No Retreat)

(+1)
Titus - 1 (BBMolla)

(-2)
Not Voting - 10 (
Heartless
, Almost50, davesaz, Cane + Able, Tim, RAM, Lady Lambdadelta,
rb
, TheWayItEnds, Skybird, Toogeloo, Franky)
Last votecount was .
Spoiler: Player Votecount History Day 1
Spoiler: Voting Chronology Day 1
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:09p,
Expedience
Votes
rb
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:10p,
Stormblade
Votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:14p,
copper223
Votes
Heartless
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:16p,
KuroiXHF
Votes
copper223
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:16p,
Cephrir
Votes
Nosferatu
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:21p,
Cephrir
Votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:26p,
Nosferatu
Votes
Titus
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:28p,
Nosferatu
Votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:31p,
Salt Squad
Votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:35p,
Titus
Votes
Cane + Able
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:42p,
Wayward Thinker
Votes
rb
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:44p,
dramonc
votes
Wayward Thinker
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:47p,
Luna Fox
votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:57p,
Salt Squad
Votes
Wayward Thinker
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 08:57p,
Klingoncelt
Votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 09:25p,
Mathblade
Votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 09:25p,
BBMolla
Votes
rb
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 09:47p,
No Retreat
votes
Expedience
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 10:02p,
A Song of Ice and Fire
Votes
Stormblade
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 10:09p,
Expedience
Votes
Titus
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 10:14p,
Expedience
Votes
rb
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 10:59p,
No Retreat
votes
davesaz
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 11:12p,
rb
Votes
Wayward Thinker
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 11:26p,
BBMolla
Unvotes
(
rb
)
, and Votes
Titus
in post .
On Mon, Jul 07/11/16 @ 11:26p,
Heartless
Votes
Wayward Thinker
in post .
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Does anyone actually have any questions for me?

~LQ
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I wish

there was a forum for these large games

instead of one thread

so we could post topics like

"Bla bla's Scummy Behavior" and "Bla bla slipped"

just a quality of life wish

It's so hard to look at a giant wall of text and get 28 seperate reads for me.

@LQ: how many people are on your scumteam
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by rb »

In post 907, Luna Fox wrote:rb one thing i dont understand is you spend a lot of time saying how exp's reads are fake yada yada yada, yet you end up voting wayward.
Unfortunately I'm not a double voter and I can't OMGUS them both at once :(
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(Side-note, I do hope players are enjoying the trivia included in my votecounts. This style of VC was largely inspired by Varsoon's.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by rb »

I think I covered it at as to how much I disliked their posts. I have more questions for Exped but Wayward is my strongest scumlean. Exped is unhelpful and not at all giving goos reasons for his thoughts.

Wayward is doing the same thing on top of throwing in meta reads (which I dislike) and also the fact that he calls it a pressure vote but then also insists they refuse to remove it if I don't do some specific thing is scummy af to me.

Pressure votes are what you do when someone isn't giving content, tunnel votes are what you do to your strong scumreads.

So why's he tunneling if it's just pressure?

Wayward = scum imo.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by A Song of Ice and Fire »

I like rb's post

nice to meet you sir!

~Ice
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:10 pm

gunna hit more from the following post because I don't think I gave it a proper read the first time around.
In post 885, rb wrote: by Stormblade intensifies my town read of them. Reasoning makes sense, it's full of actual content and there's a 72% chance it's Town-motivated.
Jokes over.

In post 885, rb wrote: by exped is awful. Spelling, formatting, grammar or whatever other errors make sense. Outright saying scummy things isn't excusable by "I'm tired :("
Spelling, formatting, grammar and whatever other errors that makes sense is NOT AI. It should be apparent that they very well may be tired given the time of night it was for them.

In post 885, rb wrote:Cephrir has similar reads to mine, but it's bugging me. I don't like because even though I disagree with Exped, it's not just the fact he disagrees that make him feel scummy. Ceph is making less effort to understand Exped's POV than he is focussing on the fact that he apparently thinks Exped is just wrong. Town are wrong all the time. Scumreading people because you think they're wrong is dumb.
How is what you are doing here any different?

In post 885, rb wrote:I can't stand - as a general rule I zone out and can't be fucked dealing with meta and delving into other games. If someone wants to give a specific example from another game they can go and get it themselves. I'll still disregard it but it annoys me to no end to be told to go and look at another game. Explain your actions in THIS game without sending Town on a multi-game-interpretation circlejerk. Also the statement, "it's not important what my reasons are" is just setting Wayward up to make a whole bunch of shit reasons for reads and expect people to not question them. Sorry, not letting you do that.

VOTE: Wayward Thinker
Fine I'll link the other two games you played where I was the host:

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=24321

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=24467

Person in question is redbaron.

Linking other games is a thing here rb, well, at least for me and a few others.
In post 885, rb wrote:@MathBlade post duly noted - but can you point out what you see to be a lack of content? As far as I'm concerned I'm sharing reads and pressing people on their opinions/thoughts, with the numbers for flavour. You seem to be implying that I'm just throwing out arbitrary numbers with no meaning - show me what you're talking about.
No one knows if your reads are complete BS or not because you are just throwing out random percentages to go along with you reads.. so are the reads a joke too? Just the reads? Just the numbers?

In post 885, rb wrote:Following on from that, Ceph pointed that out in - I'm wary of Ceph sheeping me here for the same sentiments I expressed about his post 580. He likes me just because we seem to agree - that's not a good reason to townread someone imo.
This is actually a valid point.

[quote="In post 885
In post 885, rb wrote:Post is crap. I read this as having a lot of potential for sheeping on MathBlade's - where am I sheeping? Show me. Planning ahead? Who doesn't? Are you saying that you don't read into the interactions and their context between people in the game and think about how they might play out? Surely if someone died right now and flipped scum, you'd have an idea of where that'd lead you next right? If I was doing full-blown scum-association crap
and trying to pick the scum-team
, I'd understand your skepticism. I don't understand it from this POV though because I'm clearly not playing the scum-association game.
Town typically doesn't plan ahead. We didn't talk about the planning ahead thing when discussing our read on you. Scum are much more apt to plan ahead than Town. And its pre-flip, meaning any interactions you have to analyze now, don't mean much until flips actually happen. Granted I think if anyone is really "planning ahead" like what you describe here mathblade is more the person doing that. And some people might consider the bold a Scum slip, just fyi. So then you follow that up with saying "you understand our skepticism, but not why we are skeptical. MY point in our Scum read on you is that you are doing something I have not seen before ie. being silly with percentages. I haven't seen you be silly in a game and I don't remember you using percentages either.

In post 885, rb wrote:Post - Yes you've watched me play a game as Town and also as Scum. My first and second games ever. Being that it was about 2 months ago that I played my last Town game (this is my 4th game overall, 1 as Town, 2 as Scum) I've obviously changed quite a bit. Also you mention in this post that what I'm doing here is something you've not seen me do either as Town OR Scum - so what's with the scumread? Shouldn't it be NAI? Why don't you focus on the other stuff I'm posting instead?
You played your first game ever starting May 17th. Besides that stupid point, how much do you really think your meta can change in 4 games? I said it was a vote to pressure you, did you not read that part or something? This is the first real post you have made all game so I'm not sure exactly what "other stuff" there is. Enlighten me.
In post 885, rb wrote:Post What am I hiding? What's not clear to you? There's an 84% chance you're confused Town not understanding why I'm posting numbers.
BB is saying you are joking around rather than actually playing the game, which not only looks unnatural from one angle, but doesn't look like you are doing much as well. Why are you posting numbers?

In post 885, rb wrote: can we not have, "I'm tired :cry: " as a defence? I made a joke that I say less sig-worthy things when I'm not sleep-deprived, but I find it fully acceptable if people find things I say or do scummy when I'm sleepy and I see no reason why I'd be somehow "more scummy" just because I was tired. Motivation of figuring out game and helping town is still there.
I get that you don't like the "I'm tired" defence, but I've been trying to tell you the whole time how this game is about reading the player.
In post 885, rb wrote: is cute. I hereby
deny
so that you can tunnel me all game because this is scummy-af and the perfect cherry on top of your ice-cream sundae of, "I don't need to reason it doesn't matter!" if and when it's successful and I flip Town there's an 90% probability that you'll be next lynch and I'm perfectly okay with a 1-for-1 Town/Scum trade. Tunnel away baby. You're my highest scumread and I'd happily die if it means you get lynched next.
K, well keep playing and I might be having more reasons for Scum reading you as the game progresses.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:12 pm

In post 913, BBmolla wrote:@LQ: how many people are on your scumteam
I'm Town, so I couldn't tell you.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:15 pm

In post 916, rb wrote:I think I covered it at as to how much I disliked their posts. I have more questions for Exped but Wayward is my strongest scumlean. Exped is unhelpful and not at all giving goos reasons for his thoughts.

Wayward is doing the same thing on top of throwing in meta reads (which I dislike) and also the fact that he calls it a pressure vote but then also insists they refuse to remove it if I don't do some specific thing is scummy af to me.

Pressure votes are what you do when someone isn't giving content, tunnel votes are what you do to your strong scumreads.

So why's he tunneling if it's just pressure?

Wayward = scum imo.
No, that's not a tunnel. A tunnel is when you hammer someone with questions over many pages worth of the game.

I feel your vote on me is an OMGUS. Pretty obvious fmpov.

Notice how his Two Scum reads are the ones voting him. Hmm. what does that usually mean?
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 pm

It has come to my attention that rb may have scum slipped.

He said the last time he played as Town was 2 months ago. His first game he played he was Town which was May 17th, about 2 months ago.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:39 pm

In post 921, Wayward Thinker wrote:It has come to my attention that rb may have scum slipped.

He said the last time he played as Town was 2 months ago. His first game he played he was Town which was May 17th, about 2 months ago.
You know what? NVM its prolly not a Scum slip. I still find rb scummy tho.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:40 pm

Post by rb »

In post 918, Wayward Thinker wrote:Spelling, formatting, grammar and whatever other errors that makes sense is NOT AI. It should be apparent that they very well may be tired given the time of night it was for them.
I'm actually getting legit annoyed now.

You just repeated what I already fucking said: that I can understand if people have a lapse in spelling/formatting/grammar then that makes sense and isn't something to worry about. The point is that outright scummy things aren't excused by, "I'm tired." I literally fucking said word for word:

"Spelling, formatting, grammar or whatever other errors make sense. Outright saying scummy things isn't excusable by "I'm tired :("

Spelling, formatting, grammar or whatever other errors make sense.

Spelling, formatting, grammar or whatever other errors make sense.

And then the thing you come and attack me for is that I'm apparently taking spelling, formatting and grammar as being AI? Fuck off. If you actually turn out to be Town right now, I'm outright blacklisting you and refusing to play any further games with you because this is so fucking dumb that my brain literally hurts.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:40 pm

Post by A Song of Ice and Fire »

In post 922, Wayward Thinker wrote:
In post 921, Wayward Thinker wrote:It has come to my attention that rb may have scum slipped.

You know what? NVM its prolly not a Scum slip. I still find rb scummy tho.
what about it was like a scum slip

I don't understand

~Ice

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”