Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 1845, Luna Fox wrote:Exp. What was the thing about the townread on WT? something about townreading the coutnerwagon or whatever, can you explain that again or at least link the post to where you did?
I'm trying to see if plurality lynch might be a factor here.
Oh, The Thing, it's a Thing now.

Rb said that he thought one of WT and I were scum because we were townreading each other. Then I said that, in fact, the opposite is more likely to be true because we were both being wagoned and if only one of us were scum they would have incentive to crossvote.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:05 am

Post by A Song of Ice and Fire »

I actually see that ceph

still if he believes it he is townreading WT for it not sure why is he denying that

~Ice
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

i dont think his townread is related to whether or not wt voted him
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

whatever i dont even care about this
Bartleby the Scrivener
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Expedience »

I'm not townreading WT for it. It was just a counterpoint to what rb said. Not exactly what Cephrir said but close enough.

I'm denying it because it isn't true and a miscommunication but you seem to think that I'm hiding something.
Tim
Tim
Goon
Tim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Tim »

Ok Expedience, I can certainly respect your reasoning (thought I completely disagree that it should be strong at all) but I do think at the very least your page 3 read means you are capable of judging WT by their content in them (although for that case, I believe incorrectly). I would challenge you to read and judge the content of WT by its implications within this game, unless you truly think WT's confidence level will always outweigh what WT actually says
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Expedience »

I'm going to sleep now bye.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

ok ive decided expe is town and read the storm post again-again and i still think hes town

i did it guys are you proud of me

the emotion and occasional self awareness/saying things that prima facia should be scummy just works for me
Bartleby the Scrivener
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:11 am

Post by RAM »

Hello all. I slept on it, and I am now here. I'm caught up with the game and current events(though a current VC would be nice).

I dislike stormblade entirely because of ABR's apathy, but Titus is correct in that it's NAI. My own lack of involvement in the early game largely stemmed from the same reason. I'm willing to give him a few RL days, but certainly not an entire three week day phase. I don't think the point that the other heads are deliberately sitting back and letting Nahdia play for them is necessarily true, or if it is, that it's necessarily alignment indicative. If one head of a hydra garners all the town reads, and you can project your questions and pushes through their posting, there is literally no reason to speak up any more than you have to. Town's job is finding scum and not getting mislynched, so even though the first thought people seem to have is that this behavior, if indeed deliberate, is scummy, it's really not imo.
KuroiXF's most recent set of reads are, umm. yeah. It's disingenuous for him to call it underdeveloped, most likely? I've never played with Kuroi before I don't believe. Are his reads lists generally in depth, so him calling this one underdeveloped makes sense, because it's lacking detail? Or no? I need to reread his ISO/the cases against him, I don't recall any strong reason given for the votes, if someone could refresh my memory regarding whose ISO I need to look at to find the source of the push/possible reasoning everyone is agreeing with?
WT: LQ is awkward as fuck, always. He makes literally no sense to me ever. Even though my first inclination is to defend him simply because I know how easy he is to lynch....I've defended him because he's lynchbaity before when he was scum. :/ Suzune is easier to read for me(at least, I've been able to identify her towniness in the past...never seen her scum game, so, grain of salt), but I need more content from that head(CLEARLY LABELLED CONTENT OF SIGNIFICANCE) to pass any judgment here. In short, I haven't seen anything overtly scummy from the slot, just what appears to be standard LQ awkwardness, but that could EASILY be actual scum content.
Expe: Everyones talking about him. I should go reread his iso. He's scumreading my slot. More on this later, after I check his ISO because fuck, why do you all suspect him again? Nothing jumps out of my memory.
Luna: Luna's pretty town yo. Faction slip in PT(I did read that correctly, right? in the PT she has with stormblade, she slipped her faction? Please confirm Stormblade), and her initial posting and points/concerns regarding the whole win condition discussion(which shouldn't be ever mentioned again prior to like D4 or D5(or whenever appropriate in a game this size, I have no fucking idea actually)) seemed quite town.

Top of my head stuff, tried to touch on the people who are actually being voted for. Please engage me and point me in a specific direction for discussions/things you want my opinion on, if I missed anything important.

-Cerb
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:13 am

Post by davesaz »

This is what I had on Expedience's interactions with Wayward, as of around post 1033. I did not update it since that point.
I wrote: Says their entrance was town, by way of comment to a post by Tim. Explained the read vaguely. Replied to a question from them. Defended them from Salt. Defended again, "painfully town". This all seems consistent, although the reasoning is vague. Strangely, no direct interaction via quote, though I could have missed some back/forth which had no quotes.
What I found interesting back then was a lack of obvious direct interaction with Wayward, at least in the form of quotes. I did not check the opposite direction though.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

cerb use paragraph breaks holy fuck
Bartleby the Scrivener
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:15 am

Post by RAM »

In post 1858, RAM wrote:Hello all. I slept on it, and I am now here. I'm caught up with the game and current events(though a current VC would be nice).

I dislike stormblade entirely because of ABR's apathy, but Titus is correct in that it's NAI. My own lack of involvement in the early game largely stemmed from the same reason. I'm willing to give him a few RL days, but certainly not an entire three week day phase. I don't think the point that the other heads are deliberately sitting back and letting Nahdia play for them is necessarily true, or if it is, that it's necessarily alignment indicative. If one head of a hydra garners all the town reads, and you can project your questions and pushes through their posting, there is literally no reason to speak up any more than you have to. Town's job is finding scum and not getting mislynched, so even though the first thought people seem to have is that this behavior, if indeed deliberate, is scummy, it's really not imo.

KuroiXF's most recent set of reads are, umm. yeah. It's disingenuous for him to call it underdeveloped, most likely? I've never played with Kuroi before I don't believe. Are his reads lists generally in depth, so him calling this one underdeveloped makes sense, because it's lacking detail? Or no? I need to reread his ISO/the cases against him, I don't recall any strong reason given for the votes, if someone could refresh my memory regarding whose ISO I need to look at to find the source of the push/possible reasoning everyone is agreeing with?

WT: LQ is awkward as fuck, always. He makes literally no sense to me ever. Even though my first inclination is to defend him simply because I know how easy he is to lynch....I've defended him because he's lynchbaity before when he was scum. :/ Suzune is easier to read for me(at least, I've been able to identify her towniness in the past...never seen her scum game, so, grain of salt), but I need more content from that head(CLEARLY LABELLED CONTENT OF SIGNIFICANCE) to pass any judgment here. In short, I haven't seen anything overtly scummy from the slot, just what appears to be standard LQ awkwardness, but that could EASILY be actual scum content.

Expe: Everyones talking about him. I should go reread his iso. He's scumreading my slot. More on this later, after I check his ISO because fuck, why do you all suspect him again? Nothing jumps out of my memory.

Luna: Luna's pretty town yo. Faction slip in PT(I did read that correctly, right? in the PT she has with stormblade, she slipped her faction? Please confirm Stormblade), and her initial posting and points/concerns regarding the whole win condition discussion(which shouldn't be ever mentioned again prior to like D4 or D5(or whenever appropriate in a game this size, I have no fucking idea actually)) seemed quite town.

Top of my head stuff, tried to touch on the people who are actually being voted for. Please engage me and point me in a specific direction for discussions/things you want my opinion on, if I missed anything important.

-Cerb
Sorry.

-Cerb
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Luna Fox »

@Cerb: my whole issue with WT is entirely Suz posts.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:20 am

Post by rb »

In post 1854, Expedience wrote:I'm not townreading WT for it. It was just a counterpoint to what rb said. Not exactly what Cephrir said but close enough.

I'm denying it because it isn't true and a miscommunication but you seem to think that I'm hiding something.
So what are you townreading WT for? You just keep saying I'm wrong, but you already admitted you have a 'kind of strong' townread on WT but you don't say why.

If I'm wrong about the reason you're townreading him, then give me the proper reason you're townreading him.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Also @Cerb too:
In post 1709, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 1692, Expedience wrote:Is this a reference to you slipping your faction in your neighborhood?
Everyone in the neighborhood knows that we're all either the same faction, but there might be scum in it (i read this part late), what i slipped in was my ROLE.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1692, Expedience wrote:Is this a reference to you slipping your faction in your neighborhood?
Everyone in the neighborhood knows that we're all either the same faction, but there might be scum in it (i read this part late), what i slipped in was my ROLE.
If you're all in the same faction how could you think there's scum in the neighborhood? What am I misunderstanding?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:29 am

Post by RAM »

So, KuroiXHF ISO read. Nothing jumps out. very little in the way of content prior to the recent reads list. Some inconsistency between and (he says he understands why WT isn't doing well, they're a bad player, but then votes him later on...maybe that's not wholly inconsistent, but it doesn't match the thought process I would expect. I would expect the bad player thing to be a reason to not give weight to the scummy behaviors. *shrug*), but it's not huge for the reasons given in the parenthetical...his reasoning could simply be different from my own.

I'm confused by the place Stormblade has in . In KuroiXHF says "a bit of Nahdia" in response to heartless asking him about his scum reads, but puts Stormblade in the null spot. What pushed the slot up between those two points?

-Cerb

pedit: Heartless, Luna apparently faction slipped. Stormblade obviously said "Oh yeah, I'm that faction too", therefore either they're scum, or they're her faction.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1865, Heartless wrote:If you're all in the same faction how could you think there's scum in the neighborhood? What am I misunderstanding?
I probably miswrote it, but the point of the matter is that we're all either the same faction or there may be 1-2 scum in the neighborhood.
So basically for anyone in the neighborhood they are all either same faction or scum. Tho i doubt there's more than 1
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:33 am

Post by RAM »

In post 1862, Luna Fox wrote:@Cerb: my whole issue with WT is entirely Suz posts.
Oh, got it. Mmm. I'll reread? Nothing about her posts seemed notable, it was all LQ's posts that seemed weird to me.
In post 1864, Luna Fox wrote:Also @Cerb too:
Oh my. Got it. I completely misunderstood this then. Okay, so what you know is that within your neighborhood all members either share the same win con, OR at least one is scum? Interesting. And weird. So you know that Stormblade absolutely *isn't* from another town aligned faction, if they are town aligned(assuming you are, of course).

-Cerb
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 1865, Heartless wrote:
If you're all in the same faction how could you think there's scum in the neighborhood? What am I misunderstanding?
PT specifically states that this is the PT for our wincon, but that we cannot be sure everyone in our PT has that wincon. aka a spy for another faction, probably the scum faction based on my flavor speculation.

-nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 1868, RAM wrote:Oh my. Got it. I completely misunderstood this then. Okay, so what you know is that within your neighborhood all members either share the same win con, OR at least one is scum? Interesting. And weird. So you know that Stormblade absolutely *isn't* from another town aligned faction, if they are town aligned(assuming you are, of course).
Exactly we're basically masons with an infiltrator/spy/mole (or zero or more than 1, but i think 1 right now) Which is why im just calling it a Neighborhood.
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 1868, RAM wrote:So you know that Stormblade absolutely *isn't* from another town aligned faction, if they are town aligned(assuming you are, of course).
We actually don't have confirmation of this. What we do have confirmation of is the hypothetical RACE of a potential traitor. and based on flavor (as well as just... what makes sense) it makes sense that they being scum would follow.

-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 1858, RAM wrote:Hello all. I slept on it, and I am now here. I'm caught up with the game and current events(though a current VC would be nice).

-Cerb
Fencesit any harder and it'll leave a dent :p
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 am

Post by RAM »

I don't think there should be any more discussion about your neighborhood, unless someone in there develops cause to think someone else in there is scum.

Something I forgot to mention about Stormblade, which is relevant to this since you mentioned suspicion of him on the basis of his certain non-humanness(which, btw, isn't necessarily true, it's not impossible for there to be scum humans, but flavor wise it does seem unlikely): The rules themselves say we know NOTHING about the cult. This means we do not know if the cult can recruit non-humans or not. Paranoia about being culted IS reasonable for EVERYONE(other than cult members, of course). The other effect, the once per game recruit, is mentioned separately from that, so I assume it's an entirely different effect from whatever the cult does.

-Cerb

pedit: <3 Dram.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1783, Tim wrote:Even if it's not the same head, I still just don't think that post was town trying to make a case.

Also @TTH:

post 763 is where we left off
I've sort of moved on (Sorry, not sorry)
The posts that came before that that were part of the same conversation weren't particularly overaggressive, were they?
Yes, they were.

Now you can say that you're always that aggressive or levels of intensity are varying for each individual person, but I made a judgment call at the time (one that Antihero
also
made so I don't think it's something wrong with me). It doesn't mean I didn't "consider" anything else, it means I went with what my gut told me.

There's really nothing there to even "misrepresent" so if you want to get bent out of shape about an early game gut read I guess go ahead.

Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”