Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Wayward Thinker »

In post 2487, rb wrote:@TWIE:

Wayward earlier in the game voted someone for sheeping, then when Kuroi voted someone for sheeping they ask Kuroi, "what's wrong with sheeping"

Among other things how is that wall by Wayward not terrible? What's in that Wayward wall that's good?
I did? I voted someone for sheeping? Can you point this out because I have no recollection of this.

My point is that Kuroi isn't doing a damn thing to solve the game and is just content to make shit posts.
Hydra of LicketyQuickety and Suzune
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:59 pm

In post 2561, davesaz wrote:Doing an ISO and ran across this.
In post 921, Wayward Thinker wrote:It has come to my attention that rb may have scum slipped.
The start of the sentence sounds like someone pointed this out to you. Where did that occur?
This was talked about with ASOIAF shortly after. I don't know that its actually a Scum slip. I don't think it actually is.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 2750, Wayward Thinker wrote:
In post 2460, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 2457, rb wrote:Fucking hell. I'm reading Kuroi's ISO again to see if I can independently understand why he is scummy like everyone else apparently does.
Please let me know if you find something, but I've got nothing.
This is true, you've got nothing... because you've done nothing all game.
LOL
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2092, Titus wrote: Grr, Saga called.

Before you go, document reads, where you are at page wise, and who you would be voting if caught up. Keep doing that.
With SaGa, I had the worst flu ever in my entire life. And I'm old.

It's different stuff this time, RL creating commitments and difficulties that I can't alter. And my internet will be iffy for a couple weeks.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

In post 2611, davesaz wrote:
In post 2601, Tim wrote:
In post 2563, davesaz wrote:The reason I did that ISO was to find out why WT are being scumread, since the divide between those townreading and scumreading the slot is quite deep. I looked at (which was cited as a major reason for the scumread) and the positions taken there are pretty reasonable. If the argument about that post was that it's too narrowly focused, that might be valid, but I don't buy into the notion that this post falls short of making points. I'm not too fond of the lack of followup on the points made there, but this game is already an excellent example of why lack of followup isn't AI by itself.

The more telling thing IMO is that the slot's overall focus is quite narrow and they seem to be actively avoiding the main controversies in the thread. This suggests trying to fly under the radar. So while the often-referenced 1434 isn't bad in its own right, the overall pattern is scummy.
So... are you going to vote them? Or are you still contemplating other options?

I actually think the opposite though. A narrow focus isn't of itself bad. It's difficult to make broad assessments in a 100 page game in 3 days. I certainly can't, but 1434 is just point-quote-point vomit, if you can stomach calling those "points"
I'm disappointed that there was only one comment to that post, and it came from a null (properly speaking a "no read") instead of a townread. But I guess I'll take what I can get.
Yes, narrow isn't prima facie scummy in a superlarge. I didn't do a good job on putting the emphasis in the right place. They're ignoring controversial topics, the way I see it, and that's the important part as it shows a degree of laying low. More AI than merely lurking.

VOTE: WT
Well then I guess I'll just ask if you have seen me engage with controversial topics before. I'd guess if I have most of them would have been about myself.

~LQ

gunna try and sign my posts more often.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2136, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2124, Heartless wrote:if lld does not come in here and do shit i would not be opposed to lynching her
I asked someone to help run me through things, and checked several pages of posts after.

No help.

so one more fucking time, I am not reading 2000 posts. I've been in this game under 48 hours. I feel like I've replaced into a fucking game on day 5.

If you want me to help, then fucking give me things to give opinions on, direct me. Use me as a bloodhound, IDGAF.

But don't tell me to "get in here and do shit" when fucks like you have made it literally cancer to try and do so.
Okay, how about ISO-ing each of the players being voted?

It's a start.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2751, Wayward Thinker wrote:
In post 2487, rb wrote:@TWIE:

Wayward earlier in the game voted someone for sheeping, then when Kuroi voted someone for sheeping they ask Kuroi, "what's wrong with sheeping"

Among other things how is that wall by Wayward not terrible? What's in that Wayward wall that's good?
I did? I voted someone for sheeping? Can you point this out because I have no recollection of this.

My point is that Kuroi isn't doing a damn thing to solve the game and is just content to make shit posts.
In post you cited one of your reasons for your vote on me as being my, "general sheeping of opinions".

Then when Kuroi calls someone out for a potential sheep you go ahead and ask him, "what's wrong with sheeping?".

:lol:
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by rb »

Oh that was Suz, but that doesn't really change how bad it is.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:31 pm

In post 2749, dramonic wrote:
In post 2748, Wayward Thinker wrote:
In post 2437, rb wrote:
In post 2433, RAM wrote:
In post 2430, rb wrote:@RAM

Cool. So let's get this straight.

When RAM says:

"I strongly townread X person"

RAM actually means:

"I don't see the reasoning for why X person is scum"

?

And you wonder why I have trouble interpreting your posts :shifty:
when did i ever say i strongly townread either WT or kuroi.........

i have a mild VERY null mild townread on both of them
enough that i'm uncomfortable with their lynches

kuroi i also have a problem with his wagon which i have explained
WT i have already explained why i dont see them as scum like most people do

titus idk he hasn't said anything in PT
Okay but most people aren't seeing WT as scum as far as I can tell. I keep hearing people tell me he's Town but I can never get a decent reason out of them. So why is he NOT scum then, in your opinion because I honestly don't feel like the general consensus is that WT is scum and I'm tired of being told he's not scum without good reasons. His wagon also pretty much evaporated and went onto Kuroi which is why I'm townreading Kuroi and intensifying in scumread of WT.
This is pre-flip, which is bad.
This is also pre-flip, which makes it also bad
Wut?

I have no way to understand that. Could you explain that one please?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2297, RAM wrote:
In post 1776, Tim wrote:I don't exactly care for Kuroi but WT's post voting him is both hypocritical and in general just feels like latching on to an easy target by throwing the kitchen sink at him (not that there's much to throw since Kuroi had basically 0 content)
Oh, okay. AD I see why you hi me.

Apparently I missed a lot of people already picking up on this. Happy about this. But this is pretty much how I feel ^
Because there's no point in me arguing the same point over and over again and them responding the same way. It's like hitting a brick wall with nails trying to punch a hole in it.

The "said contradiction" is not a contradiction at all. Like; here's a run down of all hydras in this game (minus the one that has been dissolved):

Spoiler:
Antihero + TellTaleHeart:
One finished game with Anti, no previous experience with Tell. It doesn't matter to me which of them is posting because I have no scum/town tells of either. It's what they say and how they say it regardless.

SirCakez + beeboy + Heat:
One finished game with Heat, several with each of SC & beeboy. Will have to pay attention to what they say no matter which of them is posting to get a read, as there are no special traits known to ME about their scum/town play. Either of them, actually, but I feel like I can -maybe- read beeboy more on tone.

ABR + EP + Nahdia:
2 finished games with Nahdia (one of each alignment) and I don't see a difference in her play as either alignment. 1 finished game with EP where I was scum and thought he was on the other scum team, and one finished with ABR where we were on eachother's throats on D1 before we became best friends and totally trusted eachother. (I know you know the details here, but I'm writing for everyone else as well).

Iecerint + ActionDan:
Never played with either, so I have no meta to judge by.

Nero Cain + Yume:
2 or 3 finished games with Nero, probably one with Yume (and I don't even remember which one). However, me and Nero are always head-butting even if we were both town (never seen his scum game, and neither did he see mine although he might argue differently).

Frozen + Fire:
Many finished game with each, and I even have a history with Frozen that extends before I joined MS, so I have no problem getting a read on either of them (sometimes I'm off, but then things work themselves out later on). Doesn't matter who's posting.

Bins + Drixx + Cerberus v666:
I don't even recognize the name of Bins, never played with Drixx, and have 2 finished games with Cerb in which he was town and died relatively early. Again I will have to rely on what's being said rather than who said it.

Now the ONLY exception to the general rule would be regarding the
LQ + Suzune
hydra, bc I have no finished games with LQ but I did see Suzune as both alignments and believe her to be relatively easier for me to read than LQ. That's and EXCEPTION, not a CONTRADICTION.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:35 pm

In post 2758, rb wrote:Oh that was Suz, but that doesn't really change how bad it is.
Believe it or not, we are entitled to have different opinions as two different people.

Why are you still trying to defend yourself anyways? Its like you are fighting anything against you even though there isn't really a wagon to speak of on you.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by copper223 »

K RAM is also a good lynch.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2314, RAM wrote:@Titus:I noticed something in Bins posting that I pointed out to her in slack but I assume she hasn't read it yet. When she quoted your post calling WTs case on Kuroi great, I believe she thought you were being sarcastic, and mocking it...thus she believed you should be listened to because you were agreeing with her.

Pretty sure that's the thing causing the confusion in our slots recent posting.
About the whole "insisting on one own pet wagon at this stage" thing. This stage? We're like 72h in or something. Just because the thread has been bloated by 5 individuals does not chance the fact that there it's early in D1 still, and we shouldn't be bringing out the vanity wagons are anti town bullshit quite yet.
S it was Bins I've just responded to? Good thing I explained more then, bc I automatically assumed I was responding to you.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Expedience »

After reading what Mathblade wrote about Cane + Able I went back and tried to understand what that argument with Titus was about because I never really understood that. It made me think that Cane + Able was more town, I was questioning my townread on them before but I think they're town. It bothers me that Titus is scumreading them for that.

I can't townread dramonic because I think he could easily hide behind the sarcasm and confident reads as scum.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:42 pm

At this point I can't tell if Copper is just blatantly lying right now or not. I wouldn't be sad to see them go, honestly. There has been some really weird things said in the thread, like Luna's claim that they share a neighborhood. This just seems weird to me and I can't help but think it could be an elaborate way to cover up a Scum faction, not that I am hard core Scum reading anyone from that group. I actually have luna as Town, but Copper doesn't look good as things stand right now.
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

In post 2765, Wayward Thinker wrote:At this point I can't tell if Copper is just blatantly lying right now or not. I wouldn't be sad to see them go, honestly. There has been some really weird things said in the thread, like Luna's claim that they share a neighborhood. This just seems weird to me and I can't help but think it could be an elaborate way to cover up a Scum faction, not that I am hard core Scum reading anyone from that group. I actually have luna as Town, but Copper doesn't look good as things stand right now.
This is a post.
Heat, Beeboy and Cakez. MUGI-CHAN BEST GIRL
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by Expedience »

Luna Fox earlier claimed to be in a neighborhood with Stormblade, copper then said that he was also part of the neighborhood. I don't think there's any chance of them being untruthful about this, surely you've played with neighborhoods before?
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 pm

In post 2767, Expedience wrote:Luna Fox earlier claimed to be in a neighborhood with Stormblade, copper then said that he was also part of the neighborhood. I don't think there's any chance of them being untruthful about this, surely you've played with neighborhoods before?
Yes, one game, and its a game I want to forget. I guess its safe to assume there is at least 1 member of the group that is Town, but I don't know how the neighborhood started or who instigated it so I'm not really sure what to make of it.

@dav. He wanted me to talk about one of the controversies so I obliged.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 2762, copper223 wrote:K RAM is also a good lynch.
Vote them then.

Heartless is not going to be lynched even if you think they're scum because too many people are townreading them.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:50 pm

In post 2769, Expedience wrote:
Vote them then.

Heartless is not going to be lynched even if you think they're scum because too many people are townreading them.
Obviously, Heartless should be checked.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Post by copper223 »

@WT
I on the other hand am not seeing where all the scum reads on you are coming from, by all means tell me why I look bad.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 2769, Expedience wrote:
Vote them then.

I am going to make a giant case on the pc this week end and if once again nobody cares I'll look for the next likely.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Now, I'm afraid I have to go play TW3 because I've been meaning to play it for a while and only finished it to completion once and I have yet to play the DLC. I'll try to be on later though.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:54 pm

In post 2771, copper223 wrote:@WT
I on the other hand am not seeing where all the scum reads on you are coming from, by all means tell me why I look bad.
Its mostly just stuff that will likely sort itself out. Its just mostly the he said she said type stuff that I am looking at. You say one thing and people are like "no, that didn't happen" and then you say "yes, it did." That kinda thing is just weird to me, IDK.
Wayward Thinker
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Wayward Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:57 pm

In post 2754, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 2092, Titus wrote: Grr, Saga called.

Before you go, document reads, where you are at page wise, and who you would be voting if caught up. Keep doing that.
With SaGa, I had the worst flu ever in my entire life. And I'm old.

It's different stuff this time, RL creating commitments and difficulties that I can't alter. And my internet will be iffy for a couple weeks.
Uh-huh. Well, I should get this off my chest that I've seen a SK in a game complain about their internet not working as well, even when they are still posting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”