Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4585, davesaz wrote:
In post 4579, Salt Squad wrote:
In post 4578, Cephrir wrote:the constant one day refrain just makes me think you have a powerful one-shot ability
No I can literally conf myself as town.
If you're scum and you successfully recruit, your target becomes scum with you and says you're town.
If your recruit fails we learn nothing whatsoever.
You don't get confirmed either way. Either we hear from someone we can't trust, or we don't. But it is an argument that scum would make to
try
to get confirmed.

Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Stormblade »

In post 4874, Stormblade wrote:I used "Basically," twice in a row god I can't talk anymore just pretend I'm not so goddamn coherent
INCOHERENT******** (gonna also post content so this isn't more filler)

rb I had the same line of thinking about the Isolationist thing earlier and asked Luna. Another thing they mentioned which is maybe significant probably pointless but w/e; the faction cop returned a color; a gray, darker than the shade of Individual Vampire.

I still think Klingon is town but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

The only thing i've been saying is that if there's scum in my hood it's most likely wulden, and it's likely they messed up with my results.
If there isn't then my results should be correct outside of some random player redirecting me for some reason (which is even less likely considering my free action got a correct check)
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p8146362]Lots of mathy words and RB's reply is below

<3

But put your vote on Wayward instead.

I need to look into Klingon now, but I'm impressed that your bigass wall has the same suspicions as mine. You'd better not be scum Math.
Or you know...You could actually READ IT before saying you are impressed with it. I have lots of WTF moments about this day but honestly like most of it is either confusing race and faction or just complete bullshitery because bastard game. Either way I want to see people interact more and less "OMG THIS SAYS YOU MUST BE SCUM" when they are complaining about not understanding the goddamn setup.

PEDIT: Nadha -- Or you could think for yourself instead of just "guessing" where your vote is because your other head says so. And ask people. I'm not asking for explanations. I'm asking for people to play the goddamn game. Like what do you think of the people in your hood? What about those outside of it? Give me a general feel for how you think. And why do you think there is a Wulden scum team? They could be a cult or as I hypothesized before maybe there are scum teams that are not based on race.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If math isn't town I will eat my shapely warthog tusks.

I've made that joke before but it is still funny.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4591, rb wrote:My gut keeps saying Salt Squad is Town and I'm notoriously bad at mislynching people based on 'reason' instead of just listening to my gut so I'm not voting SS today.

p-edit: I see no real issue with Salt Squad's plan really. They recruit someone, they tell us who and we lynch Salt Squad. They're literally giving us a conftown and letting us kill them. On the safe side, we can lynch SS Day 3 but there's no reason to do it today. If they're scum, they're dead Day 3 regardless - we can use today to find connections and there's a chance they ARE town as I see it. So it's a dumb lynch to make today.
Do you not understand that SS can get a Scumbuddy, like you for example, to say "Oyeh I haz convertedz!"

There's no way SS can "confirm" anything.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4596, rb wrote:Yes I get it, you did a nation check and it seemed to work out dandy but that's also a power that everybody in the game has and if there IS a redirect mechanic we have no idea how it works. I'm happy to kill SS Day 3.
Prove that there's a redirect.
-
MiniDeathStar
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

Klingon is near 100% scum btw
Like it takes 1 day to get me to recruit someone lynch me and have the person I recruited be confirmed town.
Heat, Beeboy and Cakez. MUGI-CHAN BEST GIRL
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by rb »

In post 4880, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 4591, rb wrote:My gut keeps saying Salt Squad is Town and I'm notoriously bad at mislynching people based on 'reason' instead of just listening to my gut so I'm not voting SS today.

p-edit: I see no real issue with Salt Squad's plan really. They recruit someone, they tell us who and we lynch Salt Squad. They're literally giving us a conftown and letting us kill them. On the safe side, we can lynch SS Day 3 but there's no reason to do it today. If they're scum, they're dead Day 3 regardless - we can use today to find connections and there's a chance they ARE town as I see it. So it's a dumb lynch to make today.
Do you not understand that SS can get a Scumbuddy, like you for example, to say "Oyeh I haz convertedz!"

There's no way SS can "confirm" anything.
SS is telling us to let them live today and we lynch them Day 3. They tell us their conversion target and then when they die they flip Town, so we know the person they converted is also Town.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

By the way...general note:
If you want votecounts faster...don't switch your votes literally every other post.
I've given up on identifying all of the vote switches at this point, since I ran out of ways for players who had changed votes SO MANY TIMES that I couldn't think of what would be next in the system.
/rantrantmoddingishard.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4608, rb wrote:Apart from WT I'm starting to just want to lynch all of the hood until we find the scum because I'm tired of this game revolving around this stupid hood. Fuck the hood.
Could you buddy your cult leader just a little bit harder there, pal?

Everyone might not have yet noticed how over-the-top your white knighting for Salt is.
-
MiniDeathStar
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by A Song of Ice and Fire »

In post 4884, mastin2 wrote:By the way...general note:
If you want votecounts faster...don't switch your votes literally every other post.
I've given up on identifying all of the vote switches at this point, since I ran out of ways for players who had changed votes SO MANY TIMES that I couldn't think of what would be next in the system.
/rantrantmoddingishard.
we love you mastin <3
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by rb »

@klingoncelt: maybe you should catch up with the last 300 or so posts and then ask me questions because this is fucking retarded.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 4885, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 4608, rb wrote:Apart from WT I'm starting to just want to lynch all of the hood until we find the scum because I'm tired of this game revolving around this stupid hood. Fuck the hood.
Could you buddy your cult leader just a little bit harder there, pal?

Everyone might not have yet noticed how over-the-top your white knighting for Salt is.
Which is funny coz i mentioned earlier that they got culted since their non issue with my win con magically changed over being an issue, overnight.
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

Klingon what do you lose by lynching me tomorrow.
If this game has a tracker they can just track me and confirm me as scum along with whoever I recruit if I am lying.

Or are you afraid of flipping scum and confirming Luna's cop was messed with?
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

That being said, im no longer sure that is the case, but i found it funny that you came to the same conclusion but for different reasons.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:14 pm

In post 4883, rb wrote:SS is telling us to let them live today and we lynch them Day 3. They tell us their conversion target and then when they die they flip Town, so we know the person they converted is also Town.
there is a little flow in this plan you know?

if SS is scum and they redirect someone and lie about the person they recruited we won't get anything and maybe one of us will turn to a scum
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

I think we should all ignore scum Klingon because I am likely being tracked ^_^
If I was scum and needed 1 night action I would just do what Ram said and say isolationist faction was a town faction.
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

If I only needed 1 night action I chose a very complicated route.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:17 pm

In post 4892, Salt Squad wrote:I think we should all ignore scum Klingon because I am likely being tracked ^_^
If I was scum and needed 1 night action I would just do what Ram said and say isolationist faction was a town faction.
luna claimed the result after you outed yourself as a vampire

or I'm mistaking the timing ?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by rb »

In post 4878, MathBlade wrote:
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p8146362]Lots of mathy words and RB's reply is below

<3

But put your vote on Wayward instead.

I need to look into Klingon now, but I'm impressed that your bigass wall has the same suspicions as mine. You'd better not be scum Math.
Or you know...You could actually READ IT before saying you are impressed with it. I have lots of WTF moments about this day but honestly like most of it is either confusing race and faction or just complete bullshitery because bastard game. Either way I want to see people interact more and less "OMG THIS SAYS YOU MUST BE SCUM" when they are complaining about not understanding the goddamn setup.

PEDIT: Nadha -- Or you could think for yourself instead of just "guessing" where your vote is because your other head says so. And ask people. I'm not asking for explanations. I'm asking for people to play the goddamn game. Like what do you think of the people in your hood? What about those outside of it? Give me a general feel for how you think. And why do you think there is a Wulden scum team? They could be a cult or as I hypothesized before maybe there are scum teams that are not based on race.
Dunno why you think I didn't read it. I did. I've already posted a lot of what's in the wall earlier in Day 2, some of it I haven't posted on Day 2: but Day 1 I disliked Expedience for all the same reasons and the gist of your post and the reads you ultimately came out with align with what I've been trying to do this game. I'm trying to scumhunt independently of all this race/faction bullshit and I've spit out a handful of people I think are scummy. People that in your wall, you also see as scummy independent of unreliable raceclaim shenanigan bullshit.

I'm not sure what I missed that you think I missed, but I definitely read it.
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Stormblade »

In post 4878, MathBlade wrote:PEDIT: Nadha -- Or you could think for yourself instead of just "guessing" where your vote is because your other head says so. And ask people. I'm not asking for explanations. I'm asking for people to play the goddamn game. Like what do you think of the people in your hood? What about those outside of it? Give me a general feel for how you think. And why do you think there is a Wulden scum team? They could be a cult or as I hypothesized before maybe there are scum teams that are not based on race.
-_-'
I'm letting ABR control the vote because fuck.
I think there's a Wulden scumteam because they're led by some evil bandit Dmitri something and as I mentioned, they have a potential spy in my PT.

Ok thoughts. Klingon I think is town; she fits her townmeta to me (I've explained this earlier today) of being fiery and unpolished. Luna I'm pretty much pos is town from basically everything she's done. Copper... eh, if there IS a spy in my hood I'd lean on it being him but I don't wanna lynch in my hood atm. I don't feel strongly that he's scum, it's just PoE on the existence of a scum we don't even have confirmation on.

Since you voted Expedience; I kinda like that vote. He cheered me up today because he was actually talking sense and seems to fucking understand what's going on, but if anything that suggests he may be an informed minority. I mean, that's not definite, he could also just be a good critical thinker, but my main point is that I don't think him being rational here and having a good grasp for the situation is towny at all. My scumread on him from early remains.

Umm others.... rb is really town to me, and I just generally believe Toog's claim. A50 I waaant to believe his claim as well but I'm a bit cautious because his intro was kinda claiming he's against non-humans and while I guess that coulda been a misunderstanding on his part, his flipped stance now feels weird. Not sure where I stand on you, honestly. Sorry, I really don't even know where to start. LLD and Ceph I really WANT to believe but... at best I have them as nulltown. I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up that they really do have my wincondition. Ceph seems really genuine to me. LLD is a bit muddier for me but I did townread them yesterday but I'm being told I'm definitely wrong by Albert who I consider a better scumhunter than myself >_>

Who else... Salt Squad I actually believe is telling the truth about being an Individual Vampire. I agree with RAM's logic on this, and now mastin has essentially confirmed the Individual Vampire wincon is town as I strongly suspected. Speaking of RAM... idk, my thoughts there are similar to my thoughts on Expedience. I have liked them a lot more today than I liked them yesterday, their rational and defense of Salt Squad actually seems town motivated to me.

My townread on ASOIAF has dwindled a bit... they seem to be a bit brash about the way they play this game and it's not towny. and I'm starting to get paranoid that I just don't know how to read Frozen Angel, I know she apparently rarely gets lynched even as scum so I was probably naive to townread them so quickly.

Anyone major I missed you want thoughts on?
-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

All I know is.
If Isolationist is scum then they most likely can get fake claims, that includes you.
You knowing of a recruit proves nothing due to the mechanics post.
If you're telling the truth, then there's scum in my hood.
If you're not telling the truth, then you're scum.

P-Edit: I outed my target and result after i already got the result, this was before SS claimed Vampire
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4650, rb wrote:I'm playing against your wincon now because to your own point: your hood has scum. I have a pretty damn strong townread on you, and a pretty damn strong scumread on Stormblade.

So I'm not only lynching a strong scumread, I have confirmation that there's a spy in your hood that needs lynching. Also, your hood is small and with my confidence that you're Town I'm pretty sure we can kill the scum pretty quickly without needing to kill any more of the hood since the rest of you are not-scum. No? Yes?

I don't give a fuck about your hood once the scum is dead and I won't waste any more lynches on it because like I said, it doesn't seem to serve either Town or Scum. I just want to kill the scum and move on from this heartbreakingly shit point of the game where everything is revolving around some hood with a shared PT that like 80% of the game isn't privy to so we're all running in fucking circles debating the unknowns of the unknowns instead of hunting scum.
Reachy reachy...

You're trying so hard to turn a read into a redirect.

Too bad you're failing.

Salt is Cult and you were converted last Night.

If they're allowed to live another Day, they'll bring someone else into the Cult.

How many players have made claims? All of you are targets.

LYNCH

SALT SQUAD

NOW.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4653, Stormblade wrote: Luna, stop trying to lynch RB. They're clearly Individual Human, and Individual Human wins with us.
-Nahdia
RB's trying too hard to save Salt.

Waaaaaaaaaaayy too hard.

RB's been culted.
-
MiniDeathStar

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”