Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5075 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

And I am greeted to 8 more pages today because people can't slow the fuck down and think.

Like it feels like I am one of the few people playing Mafia :/

Needless to say don't have enough time to catch up on this before work so I will read up afterward.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4966, rb wrote:I could be wrong here ofc, but there was an exchange between Ceph/Luna that made me feel like their apparent WinCons were anti-scum but not anti-cult.
I don't know how it's even possible to guess at this without seeing the cult win condition.
In post 5037, copper223 wrote:@RB
The accusation is clear, I think you are scum aligned cause:

- You have been fence sitting on your accusations/probes giving yourself an out in case it went wrong and pushing the wrong things.

- you are trying to disrupt every attempt to start solving the setup based on the information we have by claiming it's impossible to do (using faulty logic) and by accusing the players trying to of slipping (I have never seen such a slip in a real game from a non newbie, the rest of us understand you can post your thoughts in the scum PT about that if you want to, so that's likely another attempt to shut that line of research down cause you likely have something to lose if we figure it out).
I would not characterize rb's play as fence sitting. If anything his opinions have been stronger at times than they've had any right or reason to be. Maybe he's not given a clear read in a few circumstances, but how is it scummy to not be certain sometimes? This is only a concern if fence sitting is a dominant theme, which it's not been.

"Pushing the wrong things" is an empty phrase when we have so few flips.
In post 5061, copper223 wrote:Only undead are allowed in our PT (per mastin guarantee), so at most since the Wulden are partially undead after their transformation from Lyncans we have Wulden mole(s).

It makes very little sense for there to be more than 1 Wulden mole both balance-wise and based on how the players have behaved, let's even assume 2 to cover lunatic fringe cases, that still means there are 3 undead (of the same race, one of which is mod confirmed post flip to be the same as me) with the same faction wincon, that's enough to believe the other undead races (Nosferatu and Wulden) also have PT's and shared win-cons, so claiming to be of that race is a bigger scum-tell than everything I have read about WT.
You're ridiculous. I'm SURE the game is designed to punish us for lynching based solely on race (see, again: we have like 3 claimed race checkers right now and there could be more -- this game does not have four-plus full cops)

And we don't have any way of knowing for certain that Nosferatu and Wulden are scum factions. It seems like a possibility, but nothing more. We now pretty much know that one of the scum groups is named Isolationist, which... could be anything, could it not? Maybe it's a group of humans and lycans who want to secede from the Union. I don't claim to know that. What I do know is that if you want to find out you should be voting Salt Squad. I don't usually make arguments like this, but the fact there is a wagon on LLD and not Salt Squad does not make me feel very good about her chances of flipping scum.

I'm really not liking your posts these last few pages, again. :/
In post 5075, DrippingGoofball wrote:Can we get more LLD votes?
Can you stop being scum?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 5074, rb wrote:Can I get confirmation of that Mastin?

If that's the case then the point does make sense I guess. Meh. I still don't think the hood is scum-free but it's fair that would indicate that Wulden = more likely to be scummers if I were in the hood and privy to that info.
We have confirmation from mastin that everyone in the hood is either the race Undead or Wulden, and that there are definitely no Humans, Vampires, Lycans, Nosferatu, or others.

Also jeeze this game has turned into a shining beacon of negativity. I was excited when I saw my neighborhood at first too because it's all players I know and like :\
-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:18 am

Post by rb »

I know I still prefer an SS lynch over LLD, all things considered. All the things SS says make me want them to be town but I feel like this game is just never gonna move on until they flip.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:22 am

Post by rb »

In post 5078, Stormblade wrote:

If that's the case then the point does make sense I guess. Meh. I still don't think the hood is scum-free but it's fair that would indicate that Wulden = more likely to be scummers if I were in the hood and privy to that info.
We have confirmation from mastin that everyone in the hood is either the race Undead or Wulden, and that there are definitely no Humans, Vampires, Lycans, Nosferatu, or others.

Also jeeze this game has turned into a shining beacon of negativity. I was excited when I saw my neighborhood at first too because it's all players I know and like :\
-Nahdia
Thanks.

Sorry if I'm part of the negativity, copper accusing me of the most ridiculous things ever and then evading and dodging ever giving some kind of example is irritating to say the least. I like to think I give people a fair chance to demonstrate their point because I never shy away from a case on me. I tend to think that if someone's trying to pin either me or someone else I townread as being scum, they better have decent reasons and a total lack of both transparency and reasoning is to me, indicative of scum and if not scum, it just seems so absurdly anti-town imo to not even TRY and be somewhat transparent when asked.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 356, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 357, Luna Fox wrote:Actually or not?
I dont even know.
I don't even know how would another town faction's role PM even be, i interpreted the post that among all factions there would be 1 town, but now that you meantioned there could be more than 1 town? this is giving me a headache.
That's exactly how I read it.

I think humans comprise one town faction, and there is a non-human town faction that is allied with the human town.

The op spells out the possibility of multiball town, and
Robb
Molla's claim sets up the framework for my theory.
In post 525, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 520, Titus wrote:@LQ, Yeah well, that's life. Not going to rushwhen I feel uncomfortable. Doubly so with 3 town factions. Gtmy, you're town but I have like 5% confidence there.
Three?

That's pretty specific. Where did you get that information?
In post 527, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 527, Titus wrote:
In post 526, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 520, Titus wrote:@LQ, Yeah well, that's life. Not going to rushwhen I feel uncomfortable. Doubly so with 3 town factions. Gtmy, you're town but I have like 5% confidence there.
Three?

That's pretty specific. Where did you get that information?
The three human nations. If you were town, that'd be evident.
So, you're under the assumption the nations are seperate factions.

That's all you had to say. The barbed bullshit was unnecessary.
Hey Wake. Now that you've claimed Northern Tribes, what do you make of these posts?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Luna Fox »

I can confirm there's only Undead or Wulden in the PT, but it's in a connotation that includes them as if they are the bad guys/infiltrators. We've all been thinking Wulden is possibly our enemy, I do disagree that necessarily ALL wulden are our enemies.

copper still scum, however.

P-Edit: nice find Ceph.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:49 am

Post by rb »

Okay, well Mastin did say:

"Factions, loosely speaking, have general trends, sharing race, location, and nation. These traits are not, however, universal."

And I
guess
it might be quite true because Titus + BBMolla all share the same Location/Nation/Race. Presumably there's quite a few others who share that too. All I know is I share the wincon of either Titus/BBMolla and I don't share the same Location/Nation/Race combo, which is why I've been saying that race is totally unreliable. I would think it has some
reliability
now, but not nearly to the extent that people like A50/Copper would have us believe. I'm seriously finding it hard to believe it'd be close to 90% homogoneity, as suggested.
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 5079, rb wrote:I know I still prefer an SS lynch over LLD, all things considered. All the things SS says make me want them to be town but I feel like this game is just never gonna move on until they flip.
Same. I'm trying to make the case to Albert.
In post 5080, rb wrote:
In post 5078, Stormblade wrote:

-Nahdia
Thanks.

Sorry if I'm part of the negativity, copper accusing me of the most ridiculous things ever and then evading and dodging ever giving some kind of example is irritating to say the least. I like to think I give people a fair chance to demonstrate their point because I never shy away from a case on me. I tend to think that if someone's trying to pin either me or someone else I townread as being scum, they better have decent reasons and a total lack of both transparency and reasoning is to me, indicative of scum and if not scum, it just seems so absurdly anti-town imo to not even TRY and be somewhat transparent when asked.
It's OK, the biggest issue is that my neighborhood has become a toxic cesspool.
-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5014, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 4924, Salt Squad wrote:
In post 4922, Klingoncelt wrote:Actually, neighborhoods can have 0-100% Scum. It's usually random.
100% scum factions are the best :')
Beware those Wake88 games. :wink:
Speaking of those games, I may start working on a massive one. :D
In post 5081, Cephrir wrote: Hey Wake. Now that you've claimed Northern Tribes, what do you make of these posts?
To be frank, I'm lost in this game. I don't know who's with/against me. IF it's true that the four flips are 'Town,' that would help me tremendously, i.e. having some sort of lead.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

Why would House have thought humans comprised one town faction? I get that you aren't him, but... your role PM clearly indicates there are three, doesn't it?
Bartleby the Scrivener
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:10 am

Post by rb »

In post 5086, Cephrir wrote:Why would House have thought humans comprised one town faction? I get that you aren't him, but... your role PM clearly indicates there are three, doesn't it?
From what I can piece together, it just says what's human. It doesn't say what's Town.

Which is why I think there's a human scum faction. Or maybe human cult, but I'm sure that not every human faction is Town and/or not every human is town.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:10 am

Post by rb »

In post 5087, rb wrote:
In post 5086, Cephrir wrote:Why would House have thought humans comprised one town faction? I get that you aren't him, but... your role PM clearly indicates there are three, doesn't it?
From what I can piece together, it just says what's human. It doesn't say what's Town.

Which is why I think there's a human scum faction. Or maybe human cult, but I'm sure that not every human faction is Town and/or not every human is town.
And obviously, that not every non-human is scum/cult.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Wake1 »

I can't speak for House.

The flavor mentions 'Pinkskin' tribe, that I originate from it. There's no indication of multiple human factions in my role PM.

It does say the Pinkskin are in severe danger of nosferatu attacks, that Wuldens could encroach at any time, and the risk of undead attacking was not outside the realm of possibility. However, it also says fights erupted, and the tribe (my Pinkskin tribe?)
divided
— House*
— Nosferatu*
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:19 am

Post by copper223 »

Why is the fact you separated relevant?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5090, copper223 wrote:Why is the fact you separated relevant?
Why exactly do you think it isn't? :neutral:
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Unvote

Changed my mind on copper after some hood discussion.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:23 am

Post by rb »

I'd bet my left nut on Eastern Kingdom being the human-scum faction. Especially since we've had zero claims from there whatsoever.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:24 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 5091, Wake1 wrote:
I do not have an opinion on it yet, I am waiting for you to tell me why you bolded that part.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5094, copper223 wrote:
In post 5091, Wake1 wrote:
I do not have an opinion on it yet, I am waiting for you to tell me why you bolded that part.
Because if it weren't obvious it tells me that there are divisions of the Pinkskin tribe in this game, which from my perspective tells me they could be Scum.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5093, rb wrote:I'd bet my left nut on Eastern Kingdom being the human-scum faction. Especially since we've had zero claims from there whatsoever.
Uhh we've had zero claims whatsoever from any nation faction that i remember, only an Individual human, unless you mean the ppl that claimed Nation? And even then Wake claimed Easter Kingdom Faction, this by default means that it's something safe to claim.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Eastern not Easter, dam typos.

(Tho an Easter Kingdom would be funny)
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5096, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 5093, rb wrote:I'd bet my left nut on Eastern Kingdom being the human-scum faction. Especially since we've had zero claims from there whatsoever.
Uhh we've had zero claims whatsoever from any nation faction that i remember, only an Individual human, unless you mean the ppl that claimed Nation? And even then Wake claimed Easter Kingdom Faction, this by default means that it's something safe to claim.
False.

I claimed early.

I'm not classified as 'Individual,' either.

My nation is
Northern Tribes Human
— House*
— Nosferatu*
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:35 am

Post by rb »

They claimed Northern Tribes :p
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:35 am

Post by copper223 »

@wake
Ok. We already have North, East and West kingdoms, 4 non human factions and a secret 5 race, if you are telling the truth that is likely a warning to you not to trust another player claiming pinkskin just cause you share a tribe, I do not think a whole scum team based on the split is a likelt scenario.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”