Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5125 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5125, Wake1 wrote:Gut tells me Scum either has it modified so they can blend in, or have discrepancies in their role PMs so that it looks and feels like they're part of the faction, and even have Faction PT access.
OR
They have safe fake claims as mastin has stated multiple times.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:04 am

Post by copper223 »

They likely have most of the above but RB's point that faction = wincon is what I've based all the game on, a lemma of that point is that race/nation/location which I consider imperfect proxies of faction are also relevant (we can argue about the % once this becomes accepted as a fact).
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5126, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 5125, Wake1 wrote:Gut tells me Scum either has it modified so they can blend in, or have discrepancies in their role PMs so that it looks and feels like they're part of the faction, and even have Faction PT access.
OR
They have safe fake claims as mastin has stated multiple times.
I'm thinking fakeclaims with Faction PT access.

Meaning, zero Faction PT is safe.

Luna, is your PT a Faction PT or a random Neighborhood?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Luna Fox »

How the town and scum wincons look like are clearly stated in the mechanics post, i dont think speculating at this point is gonna help us any... or at least any better than actual scumhunting.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:07 am

Post by copper223 »

It's a faction PT with potential Wulden infiltrators is how I understand it but I asked Mastin precisely that in a different way.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:07 am

Post by rb »

Well you're welcome to vote WT with me Luna :D
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Wake1 »

OK, now I'm feeling uncomfortable with Luna ignoring my question.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:09 am

Post by copper223 »

She asked me to answer cause we lambasted her for leaking too much of what was said in the PT.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5111, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 5109, davesaz wrote:
In post 5082, Luna Fox wrote:I can confirm there's only Undead or Wulden in the PT, but it's in a connotation that includes them as if they are the bad guys/infiltrators. We've all been thinking Wulden is possibly our enemy, I do disagree that necessarily ALL wulden are our enemies.

copper still scum, however.

P-Edit: nice find Ceph.
Have you considered the possibility that all of the PT are race=undead but one or more of them could be a different faction? I believe it goes something like "some you think are allies are actually enemies". And if there are any undead in a scum faction they would have fakeclaims, in particular it would follow that they must have the wincon available to fakeclaim.

It goes both ways, wulden doesn't necessarily imply scum, and undead doesn't necessarily imply town.

I think we should be playing this more like a mafia game, looking for scummy behavior.

pedit: And I got ninja'd on a faction could include multiple races. Oh well, story of this game.
So there's still scum in the hood, your point?
My point is that endlessly discussing the race / location / nation results is not scumhunting. It's useful for generating reactions, but the reaction should be the topic of discussion, not the results. Someone gets outed as xyz, do they flip out, lie about the results, acknowledge the truth, etc? And look at the person doing the outing, is it done to pursue a scumread, throw shade on the game, manipulate people?

In your hood, was anyone especially interested in who you were going to target? If there is a redirector this could lead to them.

Why would scum deliberately redirect you onto someone they know is scum? N1 the only scum they are certain about is themselves. The smart scum move is to let your action go through, because they want you to accidentally find another scum team. If they know who your target will be they may redirect to save a buddy, but your result is something that scum want. Logically your result is accurate because if there were scum in your hood they would want the accurate result. And if it's inaccurate then SS are probably scum anyway, and buddy of the spy.

I haven't ruled out the possibility that you are scum giving a false guilty, but it seems unlikely. You brought up redirection yourself, which would be an easy excuse if your target flips something other than what you reported. But I don't think you're scum from your other actions, because you are not playing guarded like I'd expect. As Math put it, no pants, which to me says likely town. (yes Math, some people are reading your posts). Even so, I never assume my read is accurate until the mod flips it.

Either way, logic says that SS is probably scum, unless you are.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5132, Wake1 wrote:OK, now I'm feeling uncomfortable with Luna ignoring my question.
Feel however you like.
But I've been grilled hard for "outing hood info" and being called "bad player" for it when all i've done is in the good will that said info will help us, but since i'm being hated already i decided to take a vow of silence as to not give them more ammo to grill me with, it was a loaded question from my perspective.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5134, davesaz wrote:In your hood, was anyone especially interested in who you were going to target? If there is a redirector this could lead to them.
Not exactly, i did ask for suggestions and they gave some even tho i didnt follow any of the suggestions, i didnt want to make my target predictable.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5121, Wake1 wrote:Luna how is your PT classified?

Is it a Faction PT or just a randomly named Neighborhood?
In post 5128, Wake1 wrote: Luna, is your PT a Faction PT or a random Neighborhood?
PEDIT: So you answered on her behalf because you gave her grief for leaking too much of what was said?

Which Faction?

What you said lends credence to not all people being in a Faction PT are actually part of it, and don't necessarily have the same wincon.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:13 am

Post by rb »

@davesaz: can we not discuss scum-strategy?

Like you're saying we should be scumhunting and that all this nation/location stuff is unhelpful, then you go and discuss scum strategy in the next paragraph :/
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5134, davesaz wrote:You brought up redirection yourself
Not exactly, the mod made an announcement that made everyone believe the possibility of redirector i fake claimed strong willed for reactions to see if they'd eventually give up which would eliminate the redirection possibility but they saw through it.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5139 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:17 am

Post by rb »

In post 5137, Wake1 wrote:
In post 5121, Wake1 wrote:Luna how is your PT classified?

Is it a Faction PT or just a randomly named Neighborhood?
In post 5128, Wake1 wrote: Luna, is your PT a Faction PT or a random Neighborhood?
PEDIT: So you answered on her behalf because you gave her grief for leaking too much of what was said?

Which Faction?

What you said lends credence to not all people being in a Faction PT are actually part of it, and don't necessarily have the same wincon.
I know what you're trying to say. But if they have different WinCons, they're not the same faction and it's not really a Faction PT, it's a neighbourhood. But I'm pretty sure they told us that themselves.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:18 am

Post by copper223 »

The difference is important.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:19 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5138, rb wrote:@davesaz: can we not discuss scum-strategy?

Like you're saying we should be scumhunting and that all this nation/location stuff is unhelpful, then you go and discuss scum strategy in the next paragraph :/
It's impossible to discuss the likelihood of a redirect, and therefore the accuracy of the result, without mentioning what someone with a scum motivation might want to do. Yes, I get what you're saying about not giving scum ideas, but we're ignoring a perfectly fine result because of really bad assumptions about when a redirect, if any, would be used.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Fine then
Vote: SS
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:21 am

Post by rb »

In post 5142, davesaz wrote:
In post 5138, rb wrote:@davesaz: can we not discuss scum-strategy?

It's impossible to discuss the likelihood of a redirect, and therefore the accuracy of the result, without mentioning what someone with a scum motivation might want to do. Yes, I get what you're saying about not giving scum ideas, but we're ignoring a perfectly fine result because of really bad assumptions about when a redirect, if any, would be used.
I figure you could just say, "I trust Luna's result and think a redirect has been unlikely" or something. But whatever, I feel like I'm turning into a detail-Nazi here. This game is very big and potentially confusing and I feel like many people are doing/thinking things without actually understanding. But I guess that's just condescending to keep hammering that point so whatever, I'll just stick to talking about who I think is or isn't scum from now on and leave all this shit to other people even though I can feel my eyeballs itching as I read all the misconceptions.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:22 am

Post by rb »

Anyway I had the theory that Isolationist faction didn't really mean a separate thing from what Salt Squad really claimed but I'm starting to feel a redirect was indeed less possible. I wanted to believe in TownSquad but I'm losing faith. Sigh.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

The redirect issue should be resolved Day 2 or it'll continue throughout the game.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5146, Wake1 wrote:The redirect issue should be resolved Day 2 or it'll continue throughout the game.
Thing is...
We wont know for sure until SS flips or i scan them again in a future undisclosed night (unless i die)
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:34 am

Post by RAM »

Luna, I thought you said on D1 that all members of your hood were guaranteed to have your same wincon, OR be a spy?

Was that the case, or were the races merely guaranteed, and you conflated race with wincon?

-Cerb
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Luna Fox »

It is still the case yes.
The thing is that the race thing is ALSO a thing.
It's kinda hard to explain and im pretty bad at paraphrasing >.<
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:39 am

Post by rb »

*eyeball twitch*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”