Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5175 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Stormblade »

Like, yes. We're partially a survivor faction. If anything, the fact that Kuroi's wincon does NOT contain the caveat that one of them needs to live proves they don't have PT, by the way.
-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5176 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 5175, Stormblade wrote:
In post 5174, Toogeloo wrote:So, why would dram's wincon contain the caveat that at least one of that faction needs to survive to win?
Because presumably if we're all dead, the New Humanity Treaty won't benefit us anymore...?
-Nahdia
Is that your PT? It's an argument that New Treaty faction is weaker than actual town if it's a town faction, which makes zero sense.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 5176, Stormblade wrote:Like, yes. We're partially a survivor faction. If anything, the fact that Kuroi's wincon does NOT contain the caveat that one of them needs to live proves they don't have PT, by the way.
But he still has REDACTED FACTIONAL info in his PM.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5178 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:47 am

Post by RAM »

They're informed Toogeloo, at least partially/imperfectly. It makes PERFECT sense that their win condition is more convoluted than a standard town win condition.

And you have someone with the same faction, someone who has publicly claimed en masse the membership of said faction, telling you that they will also have redacted factional info.

Your theory is wrong.

-Cerb
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5179 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Every non human race is going have a redacted factional ability.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 5177, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 5175, Stormblade wrote:
In post 5174, Toogeloo wrote:So, why would dram's wincon contain the caveat that at least one of that faction needs to survive to win?
Because presumably if we're all dead, the New Humanity Treaty won't benefit us anymore...?
-Nahdia
Is that your PT? It's an argument that New Treaty faction is weaker than actual town if it's a town faction, which makes zero sense.
Not everyone with the New Humanity Treaty wincon is in our PT.
In post 5178, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 5176, Stormblade wrote:Like, yes. We're partially a survivor faction. If anything, the fact that Kuroi's wincon does NOT contain the caveat that one of them needs to live proves they don't have PT, by the way.
But he still has REDACTED FACTIONAL info in his PM.
That would be their recruit.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:31 am

Post by RAM »

@KC: You had a faction cop who claimed in an unsecure PT, who was widely townread by the game at large. Why did you watch ASOIAF instead of her?

-Cerb
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 5182, RAM wrote:@KC: You had a faction cop who claimed in an unsecure PT, who was widely townread by the game at large. Why did you watch ASOIAF instead of her?

-Cerb
I almost said "If we have any docs/watchers please be on Luna" but I guess I figured it'd be obvious and forgot -_-'
-Nahdia
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Expedience »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8147042#p8147042]post 5044[/url], ActionDan wrote:As I skim, my thoughts are aligned mostly with Rb/mathblade/Cephrir.

The LLD wagon is as reactionary as it gets. There are a couple players, Expedience and Albert's head of Stormblade, that aren't using "Wulden!" as their main reason but I either don't see an explanation for the scum read (albert) or don't see anything remotely convincing to empathize with that read (Expedience). I can understand where copper (and assume the other people not Albert/Expedience) are getting the 90% chance number but at the same time, there's hardly any mention of cephrir, who would be subject to that same scrutiny (especially from copper who has explicitly mentioned a group nosferatu faction, but even in a recent post has his sights on SS/RB after LLD and NOT cephrir). There's also no one that has come out and said they were either individual wulden/nosferatu which would be natural in this gamestate. That lends credence to both their claims.

So yeah, this LLD wagon is lazy af, half of everyone on it has barely said more than 2 words, and if they have said more, it's generally been about baseless speculation, or even provably wrong speculation.

Meanwhile, WT with every post becomes more and more obvious scum. Was the Counter-wagon to town that stalled out, and dramonic WT's #1 pusher is dead.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that he's scum.
It's literally claiming miller when you get checked by a cop, except there is a known greater chance of one existing. I don't see why more people are voting.

(rb is still obvtown btw)
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 am

Post by RAM »

In post 5184, Expedience wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8147042#p8147042]post 5044[/url], ActionDan wrote:As I skim, my thoughts are aligned mostly with Rb/mathblade/Cephrir.

The LLD wagon is as reactionary as it gets. There are a couple players, Expedience and Albert's head of Stormblade, that aren't using "Wulden!" as their main reason but I either don't see an explanation for the scum read (albert) or don't see anything remotely convincing to empathize with that read (Expedience). I can understand where copper (and assume the other people not Albert/Expedience) are getting the 90% chance number but at the same time, there's hardly any mention of cephrir, who would be subject to that same scrutiny (especially from copper who has explicitly mentioned a group nosferatu faction, but even in a recent post has his sights on SS/RB after LLD and NOT cephrir). There's also no one that has come out and said they were either individual wulden/nosferatu which would be natural in this gamestate. That lends credence to both their claims.

So yeah, this LLD wagon is lazy af, half of everyone on it has barely said more than 2 words, and if they have said more, it's generally been about baseless speculation, or even provably wrong speculation.

Meanwhile, WT with every post becomes more and more obvious scum. Was the Counter-wagon to town that stalled out, and dramonic WT's #1 pusher is dead.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that he's scum.
It's literally claiming miller when you get checked by a cop, except there is a known greater chance of one existing. I don't see why more people are voting.

(rb is still obvtown btw)
I agree with you. How does this make you feel?

-Cerb
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Expedience »

Null, maybe slightly bothered because you're scum.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:55 am

Post by RAM »

In post 5186, Expedience wrote:Null, maybe slightly bothered because you're scum.
Good answer, consistent with previous behaviors. Cool.

-Cerb
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 5183, Stormblade wrote:I almost said "If we have any docs/watchers please be on Luna" but I guess I figured it'd be obvious and forgot -_-'
If what you feel is true, our Doctor is dead. Kling seems like some kind of Watcher though with his results claimed on ASOIAF.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5188 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5085, Wake1 wrote:
In post 5014, Klingoncelt wrote: Beware those Wake88 games. :wink:
Speaking of those games, I may start working on a massive one. :D
/pre-in
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5189 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5089, Wake1 wrote:
The flavor mentions 'Pinkskin' tribe, that I originate from it. There's no indication of multiple human factions in my role PM.

It does say the Pinkskin are in severe danger of nosferatu attacks, that Wuldens could encroach at any time, and the risk of undead attacking was not outside the realm of possibility. However, it also says fights erupted, and the tribe (my Pinkskin tribe?)
divided
Interesting...

My role PM basically says that we Undead hold Humans in very high regard and we have no desire to kill them.

Can you give us any details on these fights or how your tribe is divided?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5190 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5103, rb wrote:How come it didn't tell me you ninja'd me :(

As far as I know, there's been claims of human town from Northern Tribes, a number of individual factions and some treaty claimers. Titus flipped West Faction. The only human-flavour place in terms of alignment that we haven't seen any claims or flips from is Eastern Kingdom.

So we should specifically look for an East player to lynch, is that what you're saying?

Cause that sounds scummy.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5191 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5113, Tim wrote:I feel like this is all pretty obvious. I forgot if I mentioned it before but the likelihood of a "spy" in the undeads is high and it's just as high a chance Celt is that spy.
Because you know so much about the Hood?

There's been no evidence presented beyond Mastin's warning that there's a Wulden in the Hood.

The odds of one being there are 50/50, either there is or there isn't.

Odds among the surviving members being the spy (if there is one) 1 in 4.

There's a 75% chance that I'm not the Wulden.

From YOUR pov.

The factual reality is I'm 100% not Wulden.
-
MiniDeathStar
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5192 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 5192, Klingoncelt wrote:The odds of one being there are 50/50, either there is or there isn't.

Odds among the surviving members being the spy (if there is one) 1 in 4.

There's a 75% chance that I'm not the Wulden.
lol
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5193 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5105, Wake1 wrote:I suspect a Scum group could comprise very different players on race, nation, location, and maybe even faction. Faction doesn't mean you can't be a part of Scum. Scum could have a member rooted in each faction.

"Loosely speaking, there is at least one town faction. They win if all threats to them are eliminated.

Loosely speaking, at least one faction is definitely a scum/mafia faction. They win if they control 50% of the living."
-
MiniDeathStar
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5194 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Good god more claims...on my way home from work.

Someone give that PT pants.

ETA 1.5 hours
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5195 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Stormblade »

In post 4878, MathBlade wrote:PEDIT: Nadha -- Or you could think for yourself instead of just "guessing" where your vote is because your other head says so. And ask people. I'm not asking for explanations. I'm asking for people to play the goddamn game. Like what do you think of the people in your hood? What about those outside of it? Give me a general feel for how you think. And why do you think there is a Wulden scum team? They could be a cult or as I hypothesized before maybe there are scum teams that are not based on race.
Look, both Nahdia and I, and others in the PT, we're all pretty sure that copper is acting hella suspicious in our PT. If there's someone with a different wincon than us, it's definitely copper. I'm not sure if he can with with us or not, though. Maybe we don't have to die for him to win, or it's something we haven't thought of. Regarding LLD, I'm fairly certain no Wulden is part of the New Humanity Treaty, she's a Wulden, come on. Everything she says sounds highly suspicious. Nahdia will make a determination and I will support her. I mean, we both still think Salt Squad is shifty as fuck. There's that too.

ABR
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5196 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Stormblade »

I told you guys since the beginning Kuroi would flip town and he did, now I am very, very iffy about LLD's borderline scumclaim. Why the hell would she reveal we are bulletproof? She's been showing some piss poor play if she shares our wincon. And what's to say she didn't see our wincon as well as our abilities, and modelled her fakeclaim after ours?

ABR
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5197 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5073, rb wrote:Can I get confirmation of that Mastin?
This is not a comment off of any in-game mechanics.
This is a comment off of, perhaps poorly worded, flavor on my part.

Vampires are born either through breeding (they can reproduce like normal humans), or through a ritual. In this process, they are technically risen from death. This 'risen from death' status is why vampires are mutually exclusive with undead: the process of creating undead from a human is
also
a ritual which raises them from the dead.
Undead are born either through breeding, or through a ritual. This ritual raises them from the dead, and thus, is mutually exclusive with vampirism.
Lycans are born through breeding OR genetic manipulation, akin to a ritual but with SCIENCE instead. This is why they are
not
mutually exclusive with vampires or undead. Thus, there are two offshoot races:
Nosferatu are hybrids who, through genetic manipulation, have gained the lycanthropy strain after having already been vampires.
In contrast, Wulden are hybrids who, through a modified ritual, have gained the power of the undead after having already been lycans.

As such, vampires are not undead, but are similar to undead; wulden are half-undead, half-lycan; nosferatu are half-vampire, half-lycan.

Apologies if any bad wording on my part caused confusion over this.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5198 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5152, RAM wrote:No, I think I get it. So everyone in the PT is guaranteed to count as undead. Per Mastin, undead for the purposes of that PT are Wulden and Undead Risen Slave(or whatever portion of drams' flip counts as your actual faction, not sure if Risen Slave was his role name, or if that's part of the faction name). In addition, everyone in that PT either shares the same wincon, OR is a spy.

After some talk back and forth, you determined that everyone in the PT was claiming to be Undead, therefore if their is a spy, they must be Wulden.

Is that about the gist of it?

-Cerb
No.

In my role PM I'm told who else is in my PT and I'm told that my neighbors are not human, vampire, nosferatu, et cetera, but Mastin can't promise that there are no Wulden.
-
MiniDeathStar
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5199 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by rb »

In post 5197, mastin2 wrote:
In post 5073, rb wrote:Can I get confirmation of that Mastin?
This is not a comment off of any in-game mechanics.
This is a comment off of, perhaps poorly worded, flavor on my part.

Vampires are born either through breeding (they can reproduce like normal humans), or through a ritual. In this process, they are technically risen from death. This 'risen from death' status is why vampires are mutually exclusive with undead: the process of creating undead from a human is
also
a ritual which raises them from the dead.
Undead are born either through breeding, or through a ritual. This ritual raises them from the dead, and thus, is mutually exclusive with vampirism.
Lycans are born through breeding OR genetic manipulation, akin to a ritual but with SCIENCE instead. This is why they are
not
mutually exclusive with vampires or undead. Thus, there are two offshoot races:
Nosferatu are hybrids who, through genetic manipulation, have gained the lycanthropy strain after having already been vampires.
In contrast, Wulden are hybrids who, through a modified ritual, have gained the power of the undead after having already been lycans.

As such, vampires are not undead, but are similar to undead; wulden are half-undead, half-lycan; nosferatu are half-vampire, half-lycan.

Apologies if any bad wording on my part caused confusion over this.
Thanks, all good.

You DID warn us that even though the game is flavour heavy we shouldn't use it too seriously (or something to that effect) so probably as much my fault for doing that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”