RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5500 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:56 am

Post by RAM »

Ya but why would he ever hang his defense on "spinning the redirect possibility? Seriously, someone make me understand why they feel that's a reasonable response from scum given that nobody has a firm grasp on what factions and win conditions are town?

Like, that's the biggest problem I have with it. It's a super bad play for surviving today.

-Cerb

Pedit: it doesn't tell you that a redirect or block would always affect all actions. That is ABSOLUTELY just an assumption.
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5501 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 5494, RAM wrote:Nahdia: did you give up on building a case against my slot?
Lost the motivation. It's been a rough day. Maybe later. Maybe I'll just let people lynch the Klingon slot. Maybe I'll push WT instead. idk.
-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5502 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5500, RAM wrote:Ya but why would he ever hang his defense on "spinning the redirect possibility? Seriously, someone make me understand why they feel that's a reasonable response from scum given that nobody has a firm grasp on what factions and win conditions are town?
You're scum, there's a guilty on you.
What's more likely
"OK IM SCUM, BYE, LYNCH ME"
"You got redirected im not scum"
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5503 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

I'm not saying that town couldnt be saying that, because duh.
But saying scum wouldn't is a really big jump in logic, he pursued the redirect possibility with tooth and nail until after all the info was out and it was impossible for the redirect to have happened he gave up, then started to bring up framer.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5504 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 5500, RAM wrote:Ya but why would he ever hang his defense on "spinning the redirect possibility? Seriously, someone make me understand why they feel that's a reasonable response from scum given that nobody has a firm grasp on what factions and win conditions are town?

Like, that's the biggest problem I have with it. It's a super bad play for surviving today.

-Cerb

Pedit: it doesn't tell you that a redirect or block would always affect all actions. That is ABSOLUTELY just an assumption.
wiki.mafiascum/wifom

Literally "why would scum try to discredit a cop guilty on them if it makes them look bad"

Man this makes me feel bad about my vote, they obviously have an agenda and Cerberus seems like the type of guy to wk town. I hate the situation I'm in right now.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5505 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by RAM »

No, my point is NOBODY KNOWS WHAT ISOLATIONIST MEANS.

Like, if he's scum, and he KNOWS the town can't even figure out whether or not their own slots are town, why wouldn't he just say yes, I'm this faction, and it's a town faction??

He gets lynched if one of his teammates flips later, but if the alternative is getting lynched today 90% of the time why would he ever choose that?

-Cerb

Pedit:this isn't a normal game. I absolutely agree with the theory, but when there are a fuck ton of factions it doesn't make sense.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5506 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5505, RAM wrote:Like, if he's scum, and he KNOWS the town can't even figure out whether or not their own slots are town, why wouldn't he just say yes, I'm this faction, and it's a town faction??
Would you have believed it after all the flips we've seen?
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5507 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5447, Luna Fox wrote:There's also the thing that this is the first faction i hear that is not based off a Nation or a Race.

I mean you have the East something empire, the Northern whatchamacallit tribes, the Invidual Vampires, the Undead Risen Slaves.

All of these include one of these things, but not the faction i got (and my ability shows that "No Result" is an option, so no that doesnt mean a roleblock)
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5508 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

I mean it has all the notes to being either the major scum faction that wins with 50% of the votes or the cult.
Tim
Tim
Goon
Tim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5509 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Tim »

I mean.... maybe SS thought they'd get lynched that way too. The difference in chance of lynch one way or the other is pretty small objectively. Who here would really believe an isolationist faction would be town? Even for this game, that's a big stretch.

SS's play yesterday was town. Today it's colored by the guilty and it doesn't strike a tone as either town or scum to me. Still meh on that lynch.

cuts. @RAM
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5510 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by RAM »

In post 5501, Stormblade wrote:
In post 5494, RAM wrote:Nahdia: did you give up on building a case against my slot?
Lost the motivation. It's been a rough day. Maybe later. Maybe I'll just let people lynch the Klingon slot. Maybe I'll push WT instead. idk.
-Nahdia
:/ hope it gets better for you. Mainly because I love nothing more than tearing apart cases against me. :p and cuz I <3 you and want you to have awesome days, not rough ones. :D

Anyways that was a serious request. You all know what a clusterfuck factional claims have been this game. You know someone trying to wriggle out of a result on them by claiming a redirect with no prior evidence is SUPER unlikely to succeed. Some please explain to me why would scum rely on the implausible redirect over towns ignorance of which factions are aligned with town and which are scum?

-Cerb
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5511 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by RAM »

Well, after seeing drams flip, I'd be willing to believe anything, because I was assuming an undead faction wouldn't be town aligned. :/

-Cerb
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5512 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

I mean, as i said, most factions have something in common and they all have been town.
This faction name doesnt have any commonality, from which i assume it can literally contain anything, which means it's more than likely the major scum faction or the cult.
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5513 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

In post 5503, Luna Fox wrote:I'm not saying that town couldnt be saying that, because duh.
But saying scum wouldn't is a really big jump in logic, he pursued the redirect possibility with tooth and nail until after all the info was out and it was impossible for the redirect to have happened he gave up, then started to bring up framer.
It makes me kind of happy you think I would fight this hard with a guilty on me as scum.

I seriously think you are using your result as an excuse to conf bias me almost as if you can't admit to how flawed your results are given how you claimed in your hood.
I brought up framers because if I was framed there isn't necessarily scum in your hood and I literally dismissed the idea in my next post.
Luna just vote Klingon here it is the clear right choice.
Heat, Beeboy and Cakez. MUGI-CHAN BEST GIRL
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5514 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

I think Ram could be onto something here in all honesty.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5515 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5463, Salt Squad wrote:So I have a 1-shot ability that converts someone to an individual vampire (all non humans have this) thus would mean the person I converted can confirm me or at the very least you lynch me tomorrow and I confirm the person I converted.
Mate, you keep repeating this over and over and over again, so let me try to simplify the matter for you:

There are people in this game who believe you're scum. There are others who believe you are town. And there are some who don't know.

For you to be given a chance to convert someone means:

those ho believe you are town will still believe it. Those who believe you are scum will believe you AND your convert are scum still. Those who don't know will have TWO instead of one person to still be confused about.

The issue isn't whether you can convert someone or not. The issue is whether you are town or not.

For you to keep repeating yourself is hurtful. And for you to keep NOT reading the thread and going on with wrong assumptions that have been explicitly corrected and/or asking questions that have already been answered more than once doesn't help at all. You're not scum hunting. You're just concerned about your own survival for just another day (or NIGHT to be more precise). THAT is suspicious all and in itself.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5516 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5515, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5463, Salt Squad wrote:So I have a 1-shot ability that converts someone to an individual vampire (all non humans have this) thus would mean the person I converted can confirm me or at the very least you lynch me tomorrow and I confirm the person I converted.
Mate, you keep repeating this over and over and over again, so let me try to simplify the matter for you:

There are people in this game who believe you're scum. There are others who believe you are town. And there are some who don't know.

those ho believe you are town will still believe it. Those who believe you are scum will believe you AND your convert are scum still. Those who don't know will have TWO instead of one person to still be confused about.

The issue isn't whether you can convert someone or not. The issue is whether you are town or not.

For you to keep repeating yourself is hurtful. And for you to keep NOT reading the thread and going on with wrong assumptions that have been explicitly corrected and/or asking questions that have already been answered more than once doesn't help at all. You're not scum hunting. You're just concerned about your own survival for just another day (or NIGHT to be more precise). THAT is suspicious all and in itself.
^
Nominated for best post of the day.
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5517 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

In post 5515, Almost50 wrote:

I convert someone and then I get lynched the person who I coverted is now confirmed invidual vampire as a result of my town flip. How exactly is this a problem?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5518 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Why would a Human
want
to become a Vampire recruit in the first place?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5519 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: KlingonCelt
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Salt Squad
Salt Squad
Goon
Salt Squad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5520 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Salt Squad »

In post 5518, Toogeloo wrote:Why would a Human
want
I shouldn't have to explain to you how having a confirmed town wincon is beneficial.
No Retreat
No Retreat
Goon
No Retreat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5521 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by No Retreat »

what where Storms results?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5522 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 5520, Salt Squad wrote:
want
I shouldn't have to explain to you how having a confirmed town wincon is beneficial.
Unvote;
Vote: Salt Squad
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5523 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by RAM »

In post 5522, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 5520, Salt Squad wrote:
want
Unvote;
Vote: Salt Squad
That actually doesn't make sense. Your reaction, that is. Perhaps you could use your words.

-Cerb
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5524 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Stormblade »

In post 5488, Luna Fox wrote:Maybe i should make a summary:

@everyone:

Salt Squad got targeted by me, returning Isolationist Faction. They are refusing being part of this faction.
I got mod confirmation that a scan on Kuroi would yield "Individual Vampires Faction"
We had a mass claim of nation/location on the hood.
My Nation/Location scan returned what my target claimed.
I claimed to be targeting outside of the hood, while in reality my faction cop was outside and the nation/location cop was inside.
Salt Squad got also targeted by Stormblade (as they claim) and also got a correct check, meaning the likelyhood of bus drive is really small.
With all this information the likelyhood of Redirection becomes smaller while not unlikely.

Im willing to go with Occam's Razor and say that i got that Faction, because that's their actual Faction.
But everyone is free to make their own informed decission based on this information.
Good job, Luna.

ABR
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”