RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5650 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by RAM »

Cephrir.....what the fuck difference does it really make? Unless you have a kill and need to be aware of whether or not you may be removing those who could enable your victory, it doesn't fucking matter man. You'll live or die based on the reads vigs and the rest of the town have on you, and whether or not you're a threat to scum.

You knowing whether you need to be alive or not doesn't you want the game to last any more nights than it has to, soo...doesn't matter.

-Cerb
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5651 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'm suddenly very aware of how this game works, and what to look for.

Basically if you're Northern Tribes faction with the wincon of eliminating all threats to it, you're basically my Townspeople.

I need you to claim if you're of my Faction, AND your Nation.

IF EVER there was a reason to do a Factional Townbloc, THIS IS IT. I need my fellow Tribesmen. WINTER IS COMING! THE NORTH REMEMBERS! SANSA IS HOT!

JOIN ME, MY TRIBESMEN. WE'LL SORT THE LIARS OUT EVENTUALLY. THE BEAR IS FULLY COOKED.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5652 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5596, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:know for a fact that two of the flipped are town for not having a factional redacted part (no night kill - no fake claim ...) and maybe more reasons or not...
THAT is a very good start! So you know West & Individual Humans are definitely town (allied with you). This makes rb your ally for starters, and Toog too. Now if you start coloring the players names in blue/green for town and red for scum (which you still haven't figured out) and black/grey for "undecided yet" you have 3 (including yourself) town out of 24 alive. Try to work with them.

I -on the other hand- may sound friendly, but you don't know for SURE that my faction is just the same, so you may doubt me (and wake) a little more, but still try and give us the benefit of doubt until one of us flips and you know for sure.

Bit by bit.. little by little.. the picture may start to have a clearer look in your eyes and you may then start figuring out stuff you currently cannot. Also, share only the info you "need" to share, and keep the rest hidden for now. The less known about you the better it is for you (and probably for the rest of us too).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5653 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by A Song of Ice and Fire »

In post 5650, RAM wrote:Cephrir.....what the fuck difference does it really make? Unless you have a kill and need to be aware of whether or not you may be removing those who could enable your victory, it doesn't fucking matter man. You'll live or die based on the reads vigs and the rest of the town have on you, and whether or not you're a threat to scum.

You knowing whether you need to be alive or not doesn't you want the game to last any more nights than it has to, soo...doesn't matter.

-Cerb
Sorry sir, I thought you weren't going to engage in this talk anymore because it was "noise", you making the noise sir, I am sorryz me wh doeesn't understand mafia still understands that

Can you like, scumhunt bro?

~Fire
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5654 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by RAM »

Naw, no reason to, town is surely going to mislynch and end the day before I would begin to get any reasonable answers to questions I might ask.

Plus, I've already identified one scum, it's just people don't like thinking, so they're not voting the slot.

Also, I'm gonna try to go to sleep for reals now.

-Cerb
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5655 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5650, RAM wrote:Cephrir.....what the fuck difference does it really make? Unless you have a kill and need to be aware of whether or not you may be removing those who could enable your victory, it doesn't fucking matter man. You'll live or die based on the reads vigs and the rest of the town have on you, and whether or not you're a threat to scum.

-Cerb
i funamentally disagree.

if my goal is to not be nightkilled, i would play to not be nightkilled.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5656 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Because Ceph's wincon is the same as mine (or so he claims, but the way he's going about this sounds genuine)
i.e we need someone with the same win con alive to win.
And we need to protect this new humanity treaty that we dont even know!
So if anything we should be more frustrated with this whole thing as from what i've gathered this is some sort of Town-Survivor hybrid.
Which means that yeah... dying does matter for us (and in turn, for everyone in my hood that's actually my ally)
Why else am i making such a big deal of figuring out for certain if SS is town or not.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5657 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Expedience »

Wake, can I be one of your townspeople even if I'm not the same faction? This is entirely hypothetical of course, I may very well be a Northern Tribesperson just like you.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5658 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5651, Wake1 wrote:I'm suddenly very aware of how this game works, and what to look for.

Basically if you're Northern Tribes faction with the wincon of eliminating all threats to it, you're basically my Townspeople.

IF EVER there was a reason to do a Factional Townbloc, THIS IS IT. I need my fellow Tribesmen. WINTER IS COMING! THE NORTH REMEMBERS! SANSA IS HOT!

JOIN ME, MY TRIBESMEN. WE'LL SORT THE LIARS OUT EVENTUALLY. THE BEAR IS FULLY COOKED.
did you not read the entire game, or did you just skip the mechanics post and the titus flip.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5659 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5657, Expedience wrote:Wake, can I be one of your townspeople even if I'm not the same faction? This is entirely hypothetical of course, I may very well be a Northern Tribesperson just like you.
What are you talking about?
In post 5658, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5651, Wake1 wrote:I'm suddenly very aware of how this game works, and what to look for.

did you not read the entire game, or did you just skip the mechanics post and the titus flip.
And again, what are you talking about?

I PM'd Mastin and he said if a player shares my faction, they share my wincon (and can therefore be trusted).

Basically any player with a Northern Tribes wincon will win with other members of the NT wincon, because they are all members of that faction: a victory for one of them is a victory for all of them.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5660 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by RAM »

In post 5659, Wake1 wrote:
In post 5657, Expedience wrote:Wake, can I be one of your townspeople even if I'm not the same faction? This is entirely hypothetical of course, I may very well be a Northern Tribesperson just like you.
What are you talking about?
In post 5658, Cephrir wrote:

And again, what are you talking about?

I PM'd Mastin and he said if a player shares my faction, they share my wincon (and can therefore be trusted).

Basically any player with a Northern Tribes wincon will win with other members of the NT wincon, because they are all members of that faction: a victory for one of them is a victory for all of them.
How was this ever unclear?

Never mind. I don't want to know. Wake, I don't believe having your faction all claim together will do anything except cause you guys to do the same dumb thing the undead are doing, that is, circling the wagons and refusing to vote for scum in your midst.

-Cerb
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5661 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Unless players lie, anyone who claims Northern Tribes is Town.

I want all members of my faction to claim and join together.

We'll defend each other, and we'll keep a better eye on one another in case some of them are lying.

I'll be searching the thread tomorrow for anyone else of my Faction to see if they've claimed.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5662 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Wake1 »

'Your nation in shambles, your only comfort was in the knowledge the hunters, the paleskins, the bloodsucking nosferatu had damaged the northern tribes'

I wonder if the Western Empire is an enemy of the Northern Tribes...
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5663 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Meanwhile wake is doing the equivalent of asking ppl in a mafia game to claim town.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5664 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

okay but your faction members probably won't be stupid enough to do any of that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5665 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5661, Wake1 wrote:Unless players lie, anyone who claims Northern Tribes is Town.
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5666 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

From what i gather your faction appears to be human no?
Do you believe having everyone of your faction claim and putting themselves as tasty bait for non human recruit is a good idea?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5667 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5666, Luna Fox wrote:From what i gather your faction appears to be human no?
Do you believe having everyone of your faction claim and putting themselves as tasty bait for non human recruit is a good idea?
I don't recall that part.

If there are non-human members of my Faction, perhaps it would be safer for them.

(Keep in mind I haven't read through 200 pages of speculation.)
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5668 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Like, this is just hilarious to watch at this point.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5669 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5667, Wake1 wrote:
In post 5666, Luna Fox wrote:From what i gather your faction appears to be human no?

If there are non-human members of my Faction, perhaps it would be safer for them.

So you're human, ok.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5670 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

I suggest you reading this in more detail:
In post 3, mastin2 wrote:Each faction, if possessing a non-human race, has a one-shot ability to recruit a human to their faction. Emphasis "human". This ability will fail if more than one faction attempts this on the same target. This ability does not work on all humans. Regardless of success or failure, this ability is used up once activated. (The recruiter will be informed if they fail, but not the reason why.) In short, only the unluckiest of humans will get culled. It can happen, though, so be cautious!
Before you go on.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5671 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:09 pm

In post 5667, Wake1 wrote:

are you kidding me ?

flavor claim

faction claim

whatever claim is definietly antitown at this point spescially now that we don't know what the fuck we are against at.

~Ice
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5672 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Meanwhile im standing here, on the equivalent of a cop guilty.
While you're proposing endangering your faction to potential recruiting.
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5673 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:13 pm

VOTE: Salt squad

before I forget

I don't like the faction their claiming . I don't like the way he reacted to the guilty. I don't like the way SC jumped on kuroi wagon and there is a guilty here

so I'm absoloutly fine with this lynch. lets get things going.

~Ice
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5674 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 5672, Luna Fox wrote:Meanwhile im standing here, on the equivalent of a cop guilty.
While you're proposing endangering your faction to potential recruiting.
A)
I have a life.

B)
This game has been huge and confusing for a long while until now.

C)
Have a hug.
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”