Mini Normal 1843 - Endgame

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 297, VictorDeAngelo wrote:To attempt to engage you. There were any number of useful things you could have said:

"I think BBT is town and don't agree."
"I think Maria is a good vote as well"
"Why is BBT a good vote?"
"How scummy do you think BBT is?"
"Why did choose BBT over Maria?"

As just a few examples. It's not that you couldn't comment but you didn't.
And at that point, I told you I'd comment when you give something to comment on (your cue here is to give me something to comment on)

And then next TwoFace took over and reiterated the same thing, to which you started complaining about semantics, again, instead of providing something for us to comment on. It really shouldn't have got to that point, though. How about instead of throwing it back at me with
"what do you think about my two nothing reads and my two mystery town reads who are top secret fyi, ps. they're really strong reads"
you actually just said the reason for your reads? Do you literally need someone to hold your hand and ask you directly why you thought they were good votes? If your reasons are any good, just volunteer the information.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Victor, look what you've done to goodmorning. You've really upset her, and she's such a good kid. I think you should apologise to myself and goodmorning, and TwoFace while you're at it.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

In post 77, MichelSableheart wrote:Maria, you seem to have some experience with Rask. How good is he at faking towntells?
Maria, still waiting for an answer to this.
In post 84, Hoopla wrote:
In post 77, MichelSableheart wrote:Hoopla, don't you think that your bubblyness, as Rask calls it, should have drawn more reactions then it did? Are there players in his game who you expected would comment on it, but didn't?
I came out all guns blazing yet with no expectations about reactions at all. I know it sounds crazy, but I think I managed to pull it off.
Even if you didn't have expectations, surely you have some thoughts on the lack of reactions?
In post 184, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 156, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Sable Spread out the votes
Wrong game?
Nope, unfortunately.
In post 185, goodmorning wrote:I keep running into a problem scumreading Toffee and Victor; namely, that although they're not actually doing anything, they are genuinely better than that as Scum too.
To be quite honest, I'm having trouble discerning what you're actually doing too. My general impression is that you're posting lots of words, but few reads.
In post 234, TwoFace wrote:The "I don't care what people think about me attitude" is the attitude all players should have. If you worry about how you are perceived you can't play honest. You hold back saying things because you worry about how somebody might perceive them. If people want to think I'm scummy or even think I'm scum, let them. As long as I keep playing my game and taking my time to develop reads, I know I'm doing the best I can.
I believe the complete opposite, actually. I'm very concerned with how other players perceive me, so I make sure to make my thoughts as explicit as I possibly can. That way, players see I'm coming from a town mindset.

---

Not much time available at the moment, unfortunately. I've read up to and including page 10 now, but haven't given anything much thought. More in depth post tonight.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by MariaR »

I forgot you asked me that.
I don't know never played with scum Rask before only town and Rask became fairly obv town within a day in both games.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Sigh, let's try and fix this:
In post 298, goodmorning wrote:
In post 293, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
Sure it is. First I was actually voting BBT, so while I didn't literally come out and say come bandwagon this guy I was putting pressure on him (and I wasn't the only vote on him at the time). Similarly saying I willing to vote another player is clearly an indication of my read, and gives other players a chance to see if they want to either question why I'll vote them, convince me to shift my vote, etc, etc. Saying let's have a bandwagon is simply saying let's pile votes without worrying about it. Given how early it was it doesn't even look like BBT is looking for anything particularly scummy from said player, but simply wants to get some wagons going to look like he's doing something without actually doing anything.
1. actions =/= words. it's a proactive vs reactive thing. also i really don't want to get caught up defending toffee because he's also been awful thus far but less awful than you, much like cancer is less awful to us somehow when it happens to adults rather than children.
First, don't compare to child cancer. That's just disgusting, and frankly I thought you were a better person than that.

Second, are actually suggestion that words are better than actions? How so? Actions are what move the game forward. It's completely unrelated to being either proactive or reactive, and I have no clue why you would bring that up.
In post 224, goodmorning wrote: Also, Victor has yet to explain shit. Toffee at least has said he wants to bandwagon people for pressure and
spent some time on his Raskolnikov townread.
Where did the underlined happen?
2. context of 97 makes it pretty clear imo.
Well 97 said:
In post 97, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:UNVOTE: Rask

Cool, Rask is town. Rask, who do you think is most likely to be scum from your wagon?
So, I'd love to know the context which leads to the conclusion that he spent some time on his townread.
In post 238, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 224, goodmorning wrote:
In post 192, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Hoopla is fussing over semantics rather than asking why I would vote either player. That's not a townie move.
No, she isn't. Hoopla is saying, "you've said you scumread a couple people but haven't actually explained why and that's absolute shit."
But she didn't say that. She said I wasn't sharing reads. Not sharing reads isn't the same as not explaining them. If she had actually said something like what you quoted I wouldn't be scum reading her.
She said you weren't sharing reads "
punctuated with something other than variations of "...is a good vote".
"

WHAT ELSE IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?????
Again, the statement was;
In post 170, Hoopla wrote:As an aside, I don't understand the purpose of Victor and Maria declining to share reads.
However much you kick and scream, that's complaining I didn't share reads, not that I didn't explain them.
i
quoted hoopla's actual post
. .

KNOW THE FACTS
And post came after .
Which is the equivalent of insisting you explain yourself.
Then why didn't she just ask like Maria did?
I don't know, but given that she shouldn't have HAD to ask in the first place, I don't really care.
That's not an excuse. If your town you can't expect players to hand you their alignment on a plate. If she was town, I'd expect to be trying to get more information out of me. She didn't. She attacked and left, even after I gave her an opportunity to engage with me in . That's not townie.
if YOU'RE town you shouldn't be deliberately trying to make it harder for everyone else. bad play, very antitown.
So once again, rather than stick the topic your turning to a different point of attack. Have you been watching a certain debate and thinking "Damn, that orange skinned dude knows what he's doing".

And for the record, your logic only works if you assume everyone reading the thread is town (which obviously is not the case).
p-edit: OR YOU COULD JUST FUCKING EXPLAIN YOURSELF IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE A SHIT FFS
If you don't change your tone GM, I'm just going to blacklist you and replace out. Last warning!
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 300, Hoopla wrote:
In post 297, VictorDeAngelo wrote:To attempt to engage you. There were any number of useful things you could have said:

"I think BBT is town and don't agree."
"I think Maria is a good vote as well"
"Why is BBT a good vote?"
"How scummy do you think BBT is?"
"Why did choose BBT over Maria?"

As just a few examples. It's not that you couldn't comment but you didn't.
And at that point, I told you I'd comment when you give something to comment on (your cue here is to give me something to comment on)

And then next TwoFace took over and reiterated the same thing, to which you started complaining about semantics, again, instead of providing something for us to comment on. It really shouldn't have got to that point, though. How about instead of throwing it back at me with
"what do you think about my two nothing reads and my two mystery town reads who are top secret fyi, ps. they're really strong reads"
you actually just said the reason for your reads? Do you literally need someone to hold your hand and ask you directly why you thought they were good votes? If your reasons are any good, just volunteer the information.
At this point, we are just going to be disagreeing over how to play the game, and I can't be bothered to waste my time further on you.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 301, Hoopla wrote:Victor, look what you've done to goodmorning. You've really upset her, and she's such a good kid. I think you should apologise to myself and goodmorning, and TwoFace while you're at it.
Bullshit, as far as I'm concerned, she owes me an apology.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 305, VictorDeAngelo wrote:At this point, we are just going to be disagreeing over how to play the game, and I can't be bothered to waste my time further on you.
I agree we have playstyle differences. It's awfully convenient and/or lazy of you to find me suspicious for said differences, however.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 302, MichelSableheart wrote:Even if you didn't have expectations, surely you have some thoughts on the lack of reactions?
Mmm, not really. I haven't played with many people on this list. For all they know, that's how I always am and not worth commenting on?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:46 am

Post by TwoFace »

Victor, what was the point of asking me to answer a question when you had just answered it yourself in a conversation we had?

I agree with hoopla though, which is why I asked why youscum read her. Your response to her should have been to explain your reads. Calling her scum because she pointed out the truth is very strange.

Think it's time for a flip. Do I vote victor?

Tails. Ok not now but I'll revisit that one later.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:00 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 302, MichelSableheart wrote:I believe the complete opposite, actually. I'm very concerned with how other players perceive me, so I make sure to make my thoughts as explicit as I possibly can. That way, players see I'm coming from a town mindset.
I actually think that's impossible.

When you worry about how you are perceived, that could possibly prevent thoughts being posted. You may have something to say that's not so popular and decide not to post it because you know it's going to make people question you or possibly think you're scummy.

Besides, sometimes it's good not to share all your thoughts. Especially in a game that revolves around person to person interactions
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 274, BlackVoid wrote:This reads to like you are saying that Rask's case on Hoopla is weak because Hoopla is an extremely strong town player. Unless you meant to write something and forgot, that doesn't really make sense. Can you rephrase?
My problem with Rask's case on Hoopla was that he was finding Hoopla scummy for things Hoopla does all the time. Things like dice tag voting are just reaction testing things she does. He would then go on to push Hoopla's suspicion of gm which I felt was pretty obvious how strong that was. I just felt like he was missing the point by a wide mark, which is why I made the comment about not having experience with Hoopla. Other Rask's posts lately feel good though, his case on GM is kinda like his case on Hoopla, so I'm thinking that's just how he reads potential scummy behavior, more black and white and less in between the lines.

As for the partner stuff, I'm not looking to make connections right now. I am leaning more BBTscum - RaskTown though.
In post 276, Hoopla wrote:Hmmm, I feel like I have a lot of town reads and not many scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sotty7

I've felt vaguely suspicious of her for a while for reasons I can't put my finger on yet. I also feel like she's been preemptively buddying me and has ruled out the possibility of trying to read me/interact with me today.
Well this does make me sad. I was waiting for BBT to come back to try and get you to join with me. I was also seeing what would become of you and Victor since I am reading him different than you at this point.
In post 279, TwoFace wrote:
In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:His stuff on Twoface is mostly good
:?:
The fact you're not voting. Again, why?

I feel like Hoopla/GM v Victor is a town scrap, at least to me seems to be centered around misunderstanding how others are posting. I'm not seeing anything really scummy here. I'm becoming more and more suspicions about Twoface who is dacing around this back and forth and who isn't even voting when it looks like he has clearly picked a side. Fanning the flames more than anything.

Unvote, Vote: Two face
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:54 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 311, Sotty7 wrote:The fact you're not voting. Again, why?
That was good? Damn you must be a shitty player

I already answered him, so why did you just ask me when you should know the answer?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 311, Sotty7 wrote:My problem with Rask's case on Hoopla was that he was finding Hoopla scummy for things Hoopla does all the time. Things like dice tag voting are just reaction testing things she does. He would then go on to push Hoopla's suspicion of gm which I felt was pretty obvious how strong that was. I just felt like he was missing the point by a wide mark, which is why I made the comment about not having experience with Hoopla. Other Rask's posts lately feel good though, his case on GM is kinda like his case on Hoopla, so I'm thinking that's just how he reads potential scummy behavior, more black and white and less in between the lines.
Wait this is interesting, didn't notice this.

Why was missing the point or not knowing hoopla meta something scummy to you?
I got the impression you voted for gamestate or the sake of getting an early wagon, but the contrast here with "his other posts are good" implies you scumread my case on hoopla.
But I don't see how "it's wrong, you don't know her/have experience with her like I do" equates into a scumread, even though I know you said you had changed your mind since then.
deranged and incoherent
?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:05 am

Post by BlackVoid »

The exchange between Hoopla and Victor has me leaning town on Hoopla. I don't see the point in continuing to argue with TwoFace about Victor since it doesn't look like either of us are convincing the other. I'll come back to this if it becomes relevant after the game day advances and we have more information to go off of. For now, I'm going to focus elsewhere.

@Sotty7, I agree with you that Rask is town now and BBT might be scum. But I'm more interested in what you were thinking at that time so I can gauge
your
alignment. You said BBT pushed an early wagon and panicked. I want to know what your gut reaction was then. Whether you thought he was calling off a bus or got worried about being implicated in a quick mislynch. Perhaps it's playstyle but I find it hard to have scumreads be completely independent of anything else especially when they are based off of how two people interacted with each other.

Rask's first and third questions in the above post are good, I want to see them elaborated on as well.

I also want to discuss your read on TwoFace. He seems very town to me. Being so sure in his scumread of Victor that it blows his mind that I disagree with him is indicative of someone who truly believes their read. I don't think the lack of voting is indicative of much if his coin-flip gimmick is something he does across games. You were leading the BBT-wagon. Why switch over from BBT before he has a chance to react?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:32 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 302, MichelSableheart wrote:
In post 185, goodmorning wrote:I keep running into a problem scumreading Toffee and Victor; namely, that although they're not actually doing anything, they are genuinely better than that as Scum too.
To be quite honest, I'm having trouble discerning what you're actually doing too. My general impression is that you're posting lots of words, but few reads.
Currently, I'm having an argument with Victor. I thought that was obvious.

You may have therefore missed me townreading BV, Face, Raskolnikov and scumreading Victor, Toffee but I really don't see how unless you were mostly ignoring me. (Which would be fine, by the way, given that I'm mostly ignoring you.)

I was in a holding pattern on Sotty and Hoopla but I really don't like Sotty's most recent post so half of that at least could change.

Rage post below.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:33 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 304, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
Sure it is. First I was actually voting BBT, so while I didn't literally come out and say come bandwagon this guy I was putting pressure on him (and I wasn't the only vote on him at the time). Similarly saying I willing to vote another player is clearly an indication of my read, and gives other players a chance to see if they want to either question why I'll vote them, convince me to shift my vote, etc, etc. Saying let's have a bandwagon is simply saying let's pile votes without worrying about it. Given how early it was it doesn't even look like BBT is looking for anything particularly scummy from said player, but simply wants to get some wagons going to look like he's doing something without actually doing anything.
1. actions =/= words. it's a proactive vs reactive thing. also i really don't want to get caught up defending toffee because he's also been awful thus far but less awful than you, much like cancer is less awful to us somehow when it happens to adults rather than children.
First, don't compare to child cancer. That's just disgusting, and frankly I thought you were a better person than that.
Second, are actually suggestion that words are better than actions? How so? Actions are what move the game forward. It's completely unrelated to being either proactive or reactive, and I have no clue why you would bring that up.
1. It got my meaning across, no? I would probably have chosen a different analogy had I been able to think of one but things are very dark indeed at 4am.
2. No, I'm suggesting that actions, and words that call for actions from others, are more efficacious than words, and words that only imply actions from oneself.
In post 224, goodmorning wrote: Also, Victor has yet to explain shit. Toffee at least has said he wants to bandwagon people for pressure and
Well 97 said:

Cool, Rask is town. Rask, who do you think is most likely to be scum from your wagon?
So, I'd love to know the context which leads to the conclusion that he spent some time on his townread.
The context of 97 is the time in which it was posted, the previous posts from Raskolnikov, etc.

And, again, I'm not going much farther than this. I hate being roped into defending my scumreads.
In post 170, Hoopla wrote:As an aside, I don't understand the purpose of Victor and Maria declining to share reads.
However much you kick and scream, that's complaining I didn't share reads, not that I didn't explain them.
i
. .

KNOW THE FACTS
And post came after .
DOES THAT MAKE IT LIKE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN???????? ONE SEVENTY-SEVEN WAS THE POST I WAS REFERRING TO THE WHOLE TIME; I HAVE NOW EXPLAINED THIS TO YOU AND YOUR RESPONSE IS THAT
IT WAS SEVEN POSTS LATER?????????????

And for the record, your logic only works if you assume everyone reading the thread is town (which obviously is not the case).
WEIRDLY, THE VAST MAJORITY ARE AS THIS IS THE NATURE OF THE GAME WHAT THE FUCK
p-edit: OR YOU COULD JUST FUCKING EXPLAIN YOURSELF IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE A SHIT FFS
If you don't change your tone GM, I'm just going to blacklist you and replace out. Last warning!
If you would otherwise persist in being extremely unfun then I dearly hope you do.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

This is starting to get confusing.

GM can you go into your 1-2 of your other reads so I can judge them instead of this exchange?
deranged and incoherent
?
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Jaack »

I go away for a bit and everyone posts everything. Let's ketchup
In post 112, goodmorning wrote:
In post 101, Jaack wrote:If there is scum on the wagon
I like that you start by saying "IF" and then somewhere between there and the end of the post it magically changes to "IS" with no real explanation.

And by "I like" I mean "I don't like." Also VCA is dumb ok
Just looking for a place to start. While you may disagree with my methods of getting there, I do think my logic for scumreading sotty is solid, which is, you know, why I posted it.

I think that's all that was directly addressed to me, but for some general thoughts--

It seems strange to me that there has been as much discussion about BBT with his lack of content, particularly when he is not alone in said lack of content. (particularly I Am Innocent, but also sort of myself and Michel)

Still comfortable with townreading Hoopla and Rask. BlackVoid seems relatively townie as well.

I kinda have no clue whats going on with Victor and GM, although Victor's last few rage-y posts do feel a little fake to me.

I was inclined to townread Cloud for his early trolly play, but the self-awareness and apology-ness of give me pause.

All in all I'm still rather comfortable with my vote on Sotty for now.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:49 am

Post by MariaR »

I'll catch up later cause I just re read everything but I'm really sleepy and I just skimmed it and it prob went in 1 ear out the other so I'll re read again later
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:51 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 316, goodmorning wrote:
In post 304, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
1. It got my meaning across, no? I would probably have chosen a different analogy had I been able to think of one but things are very dark indeed at 4am.
Then don't post at 4.a.m.
2. No, I'm suggesting that actions, and words that call for actions from others, are more efficacious than words, and words that only imply actions from oneself.
So why do you feel that my actions are worth less than BBT words then?
Well 97 said:

The context of 97 is the time in which it was posted, the previous posts from Raskolnikov, etc.

And, again, I'm not going much farther than this. I hate being roped into defending my scumreads.
Since I'm also scumreading BBT do you really think I want you to defend him.

Nope, I'm looking for you to justify your own statements. If is genuine you'd be able to back it up right? So how about instead of a dictionary definition of what context means (which I could get off google) you explain how you reached your conclusions (which I can't seem to find any results off google for).
i
. .

KNOW THE FACTS
And post came after .
DOES THAT MAKE IT LIKE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN???????? ONE SEVENTY-SEVEN WAS THE POST I WAS REFERRING TO THE WHOLE TIME; I HAVE NOW EXPLAINED THIS TO YOU AND YOUR RESPONSE IS THAT
IT WAS SEVEN POSTS LATER?????????????
I didn't say didn't happen. I said is when Hoopla accused me of not sharing reads. I'm not denying the existence of other posts by her where she doesn't attack me for not having reads, I'm simply saying that they are not the post I was referring to. But that post and others came after I pointed out that I had actually made some reads, to which her only response was to quibble over the terminology I used.
WEIRDLY, THE VAST MAJORITY ARE AS THIS IS THE NATURE OF THE GAME WHAT THE FUCK
Your either not reading my posts properly, not understanding them (and I don't believe a girl who uses efficacious in her posts can't distinguish between everyone and majority) or at this point you simply don't care. Two thirds of those options are scummy, and the one third that isn't is IMO the least likely.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:15 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

In post 308, Hoopla wrote:
In post 302, MichelSableheart wrote:Even if you didn't have expectations, surely you have some thoughts on the lack of reactions?
Mmm, not really. I haven't played with many people on this list. For all they know, that's how I always am and not worth commenting on?
From reading Mafia Discussion, I know you as someone with a very good grasp on mafia theory. For you to start the game with a dice vote and follow it up with a couple of whimsical posts feels to me like you went deliberately off meta in order to provoke reactions. That everyone basically ignored it, even when you went back to more serious posting, is extremely surprising to me. It feels like more players should have responded, as it would be a good way to get some discussion started. Simultaneously, I can kind of see scum deciding not to engage an experienced player. So I really want to look for players who could have reacted, but didn't.

IAI and BBT simply didn't post at the relevant time, so it's not at all surprising that they didn't react.

Rask noticed, and attacked you over it. His reactions in the ensuing discussion feel pretty natural.

BlackVoid, Cloud and Jack focused on other points in the discussion, so them ignoring you isn't that strange.

Sotty ignoring it also is kind of logical. She knows you're just reaction fishing, doesn't think much productive will come from her discussing it, and decides to try to kickstart the game with a bandwagon instead.

I've played with Maria before, and given how she's played there, I'm not surprised that she didn't engage you. She just isn't the type to try to get serious discussion started.

The lack of actual reaction from the last three players all seem various degrees of suspicious to me:

Victor placed a random vote, without actually contributing anything useful. I've seen townies do that, but it's disappointing. Victor, why did post #35 contain nothing but a random vote? Why you didn't give an opinion on Hoopla's playstyle at the time?

TwoFace did notice, but decided to go into a theory discussion rather then engage in an "are you scum?" discussion in post #12 and #25. TwoFace, why did you decided to discuss the legality of dice voting, rather then the implications of Hoopla's use of it?

It's goodmorning's reaction that strikes me as most strange of them all. Her posts #18 and #20 acknowledge that there are early game oddities in playstyles, but flat out refuses to draw any conclusions based on that whatsoever. Goodmorning, what was the reason that you responded the way you did?

---
@Jack: I guess in the case of BBT, it's not just his general inactivity. As you mentioned, you, me, and IAI also aren't posting much. Yet in the case of IAI, it's pretty clear that he's simply not been here. And with you and me, there is some actual content in the posts we do posts. Whereas BBT's four posts are all oneliners containing unexplained reads.
---

Overall, I find it difficult to develop good reads from the last 10 pages. There's a lot of talking going on, but a lot of it is arguing on things that don't seem all that relevant, nor all that alignement indicative. Finding clear arguments for why players hold certain scumreads in all that is like looking for a needle in a haystack, easy to glance over if you're not reading in depth (and since I was reading 10 pages under time pressure, I didn't get much chance at in depth reading).

I currently have rask (attempted scumhunting in combination with what seems like genuine uncertainty) and BlackVoid (asks good, enlightening questions) as town, and I townlean Hoopla (the way she's given well founded townreads limit her options if she's scum), but not much beyond that.

@BlackVoid: if you could expand a bit on the townreads you listed in post #278, that would be great. Most of them are on players I currently have trouble reading, so knowing your thoughts there would be helpful to me.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:24 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 321, MichelSableheart wrote:@BlackVoid: if you could expand a bit on the townreads you listed in post #278, that would be great. Most of them are on players I currently have trouble reading, so knowing your thoughts there would be helpful to me.
I'm going to post this in pieces so it is not an insanely long wall.

I talked about Victor last night. TwoFace is town for similar reasons as Victor i.e believing in his push. Since then, his later posting cemented that read. I have a hard time seeing scum reacting to my Victor townread by essentially going "how can you
possibly
townread him? Mind blown!" I think that's the best I can explain it.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:25 am

Post by BlackVoid »

There are about three reasons I'm reading GM as town.

Firstly, the way she's pushing BBT based on past games (along the lines of "I know you and you are better than this") came across as town. Scum tend to townread their "friends" because they'd be expected to know how to read them and it's easier to just correctly call them town.

Secondly, I like her point regarding Jaack. Jaack started off with "
if
there's scum on the Rask wagon" and then just assumed it to be true. I felt the POE from Jaack was premature.

Thirdly, from the back-and-forth with Victor, I agree with and understand GM's argument and I think her passion on pushing Victor is genuine. From more recent posts, the angry outbursts and swearing would be way over the top and unnecessary as scum. I think that's town that's genuinely mad that Victor isn't explaining himself.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I was thinking Rask could be scum until he posted . Initially I agreed with Sotty7's BBT vote but not her reasons. The way Rask broke it down makes a ton of sense and is exactly the scenario I'm concerned about. I feel that BBT townread Rask simply because he thought he was expected to read him as town based on past experience. My BBT scumread is sort of like the inverse of my GoodMorning townread (he's townreading his friend Rask way too quickly). Rask's post also made me go back and re-read Sotty7's posting more closely. I tend to find that people who give compelling enough reasons to make me rethink reads are usually town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”