MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok dropping some thoughts –

On the Draft – if you want anything other than a Nuke then think very carefully about your top choice – if you don’t get your first choice then it is very likely you will get a Nuke. So don’t bother putting a high priority item like Air Base or Sub anywhere but first position on your list.

RedCoyote absolutely needs Nukes / lynched on the soon side of sooner or later. Town RC would not be feeling out the thread to see if there is any support at all for not voting Total War. is basically asking “Town is it ok if do this thing?”

If he was Town he’d have put on his American Denim and voted against it like Reck did.

--
In post 137, Cephrir wrote:It occurs to me that I'm thinking troops re-happen every night, they do right?
Nope.com.

--

Along those lines I’d like to offer a few dissenting opinions on Troop Analysis from the Red Communist. Firstly all Town players need to consider the scum potential upside if they are looking at a Troop. Sub is probably the most abusable by scum.

Secondly any Town player who takes Counter-Intelligence must claim it in their first post after the Draft. Failure to do so should be considered the equivalent to waving the hammer and sickle in public while shouting praise to Mother Russia.
In post 108, RedCoyote wrote:Troop options for dummies:

Submarine: Vig. (Usefulness for the town: 7/10)
Fallout Shelter: Unlimited Bulletproof for nukes only. (Usefulness for the town: 2/10)

Eavesdrop: Sometimes hear scum night talk (Usefuleness for the town: 6/10)

Fail Safe: PGO. (Usefulness for the town: 2/10)
Disagree with most of these assessments.

Sub is 10/10 for Town as it keeps it out of the dirty red paws of the Communists. The strength Town has in this set-up regarding Nukes is the public nature of pressing the button. It holds YOLO Nukers accountable with rope.

If the Communists haven’t figured out how to completely make Eavesdrop useless then they aren’t going to last long anyway. Consider it a 1.5 / 10 at best for Town.

Fail Safe’s ability to Vengekill a Stealth Bomber kill makes it at least a 4/10 for Town.
In post 117, RedCoyote wrote:In other words, whoever gets the "best" power should be given a second look.
Well given that the Terrorist has their normal draft result to cover for the “best power” they choose I’m wondering how you expect to this theory to work exactly …

--
In post 86, Cheetory6 wrote:Like, what's to stop town from just powerlynching through the playerlist with nukes?
Time limitations?
Maybe because it paints a picture for scum where to aim for important Troops?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:30 pm

In post 176, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:also if we're doing the planning roles thing, give me the eavesdrop.
Don't tell me you are scum again LLD. It will make me sad ...

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Andrius »

VoteCount

FOR TOTAL WAR [13] - SpyreX, MagnaofIllusion, Untrod Tripod, Nukebringer, McMenno, Papa Zito, Spiffeh, GuyInFreezer, Errantparabola, Nahdia, Fate, mastina, hiplop
AGAINST TOTAL WAR [1] - xRECKONERx

Unconfirmed [10] - Everyone Else

DEFCON 5 will last 72h or until everyone has confirmed via voting For/Against Total War.

Countdown to the End of DEFCON 5: (expired on 2016-11-17 18:04:00)

Since we will not be going to Total War, we will move to DEFCON 4 when everyone has arrived or at the above deadline.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 221, mastina wrote:It also means that if I actually did bother to give a damn and give reads, they'd be ignored because I'm playing like a fucking village idiot right now so when I die they'll go "she deserved it", "she was asking for it", and so on and they'll be absolutely right to have done so. (Which again, is why I'm apologizing in advance. If I was wrong in my decision to not take this game seriously, I'll accept full blame, full consequences, for having ruined it for others who did.)
I think if you're willing to give reads and play the game to some degree, at least I won't be asking for an apology postgame?
Wouldn't worry about it too much if this isn't just mindgames.

Can you maybe try to articulate your read on LLD a little more clearly? Is it just tone/gut? Or are there specific posts/points/stances that you're taking issue with?
MOI wrote:If he was Town he’d have put on his American Denim and voted against it like Reck did.
Is being tentative something you've seen specifically from scumRC?
:/
MOI wrote:Maybe because it paints a picture for scum where to aim for important Troops?
Forgot about how troops played into it. Was thinking purely in terms of nukes at the time.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 226, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 176, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:also if we're doing the planning roles thing, give me the eavesdrop.
Don't tell me you are scum again LLD. It will make me sad ...
Nah, dude. I just want to redeem myself from last time.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:39 pm

In post 228, Cheetory6 wrote:Is being tentative something you've seen specifically from scumRC?
I'd have to dig up old games from 4 to 5 years ago to be sure since I haven't seen him as scum since my return. I do not TownRC is stubborn and doesn't much care about popular opinion. Do you disagree with that assessment?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:39 pm

In post 229, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Nah, dude. I just want to redeem myself from last time.
Then why are you wanting the Eavesdrop and not Righteous Nuclear Power?

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 190, xRECKONERx wrote:btw: me-town, mastin-town, UT-scum, hiplop-town, Spiffeh-????

these are legit reads ya dig
I'm there with you
third best scummer of all time
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I can't realistically agree or disagree as I'm limited in terms of experience with him.
I guess I'm kneejerking partially because I feel indirectly attacked and also feel wary of the idea of knocking out big voices earlygame >.>
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by hiplop »

spiffeh is probably town here
third best scummer of all time
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:47 pm

In post 233, Cheetory6 wrote:I guess I'm kneejerking partially because I feel indirectly attacked and also feel wary of the idea of knocking out big voices earlygame >.>
I honestly think it would be easier to make a list of "Not Big Voices" in the playerlist myself. And I know you didn't hang around Kids Characters long but Imperium / Nacho was an example of a scum "Big Voice" that took a Vig shot to take down that game.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: for
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:51 pm

In post 231, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 229, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Nah, dude. I just want to redeem myself from last time.
Then why are you wanting the Eavesdrop and not Righteous Nuclear Power?
If you'll recall, I had a nuke last time.

If I could find someone who I thought was town but didn't trust with a nuke I'd shove it onto them and take a nuke.

But I don't have that yet, so.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'll be nuking reckoner asap for voting against total war

You have between now and when we get the nukes to change my mind

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 228, Cheetory6 wrote:Can you maybe try to articulate your read on LLD a little more clearly? Is it just tone/gut? Or are there specific posts/points/stances that you're taking issue with?
The answer is yes.

LLD is scum because she broadcasted her alignment as bright as a neon sign saying, "HAHAHA, FUCK YOU ALL I'M GOING TO WIN THIS GAME AND YOU ARE GONNA
ENJOY
ME WINNING THE GAME."
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:53 pm

In post 239, mastina wrote:
In post 228, Cheetory6 wrote:Can you maybe try to articulate your read on LLD a little more clearly? Is it just tone/gut? Or are there specific posts/points/stances that you're taking issue with?
The answer is yes.

LLD is scum because she broadcasted her alignment as bright as a neon sign saying, "HAHAHA, FUCK YOU ALL I'M GOING TO WIN THIS GAME AND YOU ARE GONNA
ENJOY
ME WINNING THE GAME."
what

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Watched Kid Show to some degree.
I understand in principle that you sometimes have to lynch strong players [and I guess you're right that this game is basically just strong players].
I think I was realistically more frazzled about the assertion that not voting right away is inherently scummy because I don't like being told I'm scummy! But I should probably learn to deal with being scumread more in general so!

P-Edit: You want eavesdropping in the game more than other roles on that list? :/

PP-Edit: Oh. Maybe neon frequency is just too bright for my eyes q.q
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

do you see this shit, Reck

you did this
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:56 pm

In post 237, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:If you'll recall, I had a nuke last time.
No I don't recall. I thought you took Eavesdrop.

Grumble grumble making me look way back to find that info ...

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 187, mastina wrote:I mean people who've seen me recently might even be able to guess what this new technique was going to be.
There aren't many things which can be ruined by a serial killer in scumhunting, after all.

The moment I drew town was the moment I knew I needed to go, "Fuck it. Not bothering with this shit."
Because, yeah. I had this whole plan worked out. I would sit in the background. I would be all silent. I would be around often enough that people wouldn't notice the lurking, but I wouldn't draw attention to myself because when I want to be, I actually am really good at blending into the background. But nope, not gonna do that.
i changed my mind i'm going to murder this person

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Woo I'm caught up again. Would like to be more thorough but I've got stuff to do and wanted to just give my thoughts as some things develop so far.
So my understanding is that we're not doing total war now, as
everyone
need to agree to Total War for it to happen.
I think RC's analysis has been good, though LLD is right it's possible they're just trying to look useful? I'm certainly not pinged by it though. And I would like Magna to respond to the point RC made that Magna was town and against Total War last game and clearly for it this game; that was an interesting catch which warrants explanation.

Only person to ping me so far is Recks. Just the way they outted their reads; it seems very flimsy and my gut read is scum trying to ensure they've got their bases covered wrt early contribution. Definitely not a strong inclination, just where I'm thinking rn.

Since we'll be moving into DEFCON 4 once everyone has checked in, I'll just say this now.
I'm going to be putting "Counterintelligence" as my #1 choice.
If I get it, I'll absolutely claim that I did right away. If I don't get it, hopefully either some other townie will claim it (it'd be nice if you'd put forward your intention to put it as your #1 pick in advance as well) and barring that, we can assume scum have it. Even though there's a decent likelihood it won't make a difference even in scums hands for all sorts of potential reasons, I think the value of having Counterintelligence be a completely known factor and out of play is high enough that I'd be willing to personally sacrifice my nukes for it.

Hopefully this was articulate and not just ranty and bad. I'm trying to keep from spamming this game but I'm not used to making big singular posts condescending all my thoughts at once. Much more of a "stream of conscious" kind of player usually.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

we could be gleefully discussing who gets to nuke mastina first but no

you had to be a special snowflake
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 pm

In post 243, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 237, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:If you'll recall, I had a nuke last time.
No I don't recall. I thought you took Eavesdrop.

Grumble grumble making me look way back to find that info ...
Nope, I had a nuke and someone else has eavesdrop and they fed me the codes and I pretended to solve them.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 pm

In post 246, Untrod Tripod wrote:we could be gleefully discussing who gets to nuke mastina first but no

you had to be a special snowflake
Mastina doesn't deserve a nuke, she needs Rope.

SO MUCH ROPE

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 245, Nahdia wrote:Only person to ping me so far is Recks. Just the way they outted their reads; it seems very flimsy and my gut read is scum trying to ensure they've got their bases covered wrt early contribution. Definitely not a strong inclination, just where I'm thinking rn.
he's probably the turrist

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”