RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 885, Andrius wrote:
In post 858, Papa Zito wrote:
NUKE: Mastina
I'm actually really glad you did this because this gives me a chance to remind all of you that this is expressly forbidden once we're done with the draft. There will be ZERO tolerance for fake nukes in this game once the draft is complete.

In post 1, Andrius wrote:
13) There is zero-tolerance for being deceptive with the moderator commands (posting Nuke: [PLAYERNAME] when you do not possess a missile silo in nuclear launch mode, for example). Violations of this rule may be punishable by modkill on the first offense at the moderator’s discretion.
This would've been a modkill in AGM's world, mod. No warning bs.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

LLD talks in all !'s like a true American.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I don't think anyone ever tried when there were no nukes calm down dag

And ircher i swear to everything holy I'm gonna need you to get crayons out and explain trolling or a lolbomb is going right in your facemeat
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1025, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 885, Andrius wrote:
In post 858, Papa Zito wrote:
NUKE: Mastina
I'm actually really glad you did this because this gives me a chance to remind all of you that this is expressly forbidden once we're done with the draft. There will be ZERO tolerance for fake nukes in this game once the draft is complete.

In post 1, Andrius wrote:
13) There is zero-tolerance for being deceptive with the moderator commands (posting Nuke: [PLAYERNAME] when you do not possess a missile silo in nuclear launch mode, for example). Violations of this rule may be punishable by modkill on the first offense at the moderator’s discretion.
This would've been a modkill in AGM's world, mod. No warning bs.
That's definitely likely. Unlike PookytheBear, there was (likely) no advantage gained from this, since we're still in the Draft Phase and no one has nukes.
Gloves are off when we're out of the Draft though. Hence why I'm glad this happened - to remind people of that rule, especially given how DEFCON 3.0 ended, BEFORE we get to a point in time when nukes could be flying.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ah, it's okay. I don't really want to see PZ dead anyway. It just struck me as odd as I remember that being the cardinal sin for this game.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Prod dodge
Cos I won't have time till tomorrow evening
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

So why are you assuming Ircher has certain Troops / a Missle Silo in defensive formation when he can’t possibly have it yet?
Because he's guarunteed at least one of those three, is terrified of nukes and has received nuke threats already.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I forgot acting stiff and taking games totally seriously demotivates me.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Ircher »

Spoiler: Summary & Thoughts Pg 16-20
1. Pg 16 #375 --> Cephir is easy to manipulate & would scumread Arthur if he was being frustrating on him (which he isn't)
2. Pg 16 #376 --> Accountant quotes #375 & states it needs to be lynched <-- Looked fairly innocuous to me. I'll wait for your explanation though...
3. Pg 16 #377 --> Accountant explains that Cephir could use it to say he was scumreading Arthur & that he was easy to force elsewhere <-- Valid point; I'll wait and see
4. Pg 16 #380 --> Arthur states that Cephir's post about no total war looks bad cuz it makes him appear to be busy <-- Not sure I agree with the argument here under the fact of how early the post was
5. Pg 16 #381 --> Arthur suggests a townbloc with him & Accountant <-- Highly suspicious here; there is no way that there's enough for you to read to be considering a townbloc. Seems like scum trying to force themselves into a townbloc so they wont get lynched.
6. Pg 16 #392 --> Arthur asks SpyreX how fast he'll dayvig Lamb <-- Umm.... What? Where did this question coming from and why did you ask?
7. Pg 17 #405 --> Smart posts a readslist w/ scumread on Cephir, Guy, and Nuke
8. Pg 17 #407 --> Smart references his post in 26 and states he liked Guy's response the least. Also states that Guy's posts 207 & 213 feel forced <-- I disagre on everything you said besides post 213 which was questionable now that you mention it. Imo, you are being nitpickey, although I guess more substance from Guy might be a good thing.
9. Pg 17 #408 --> Accountant mentions that Smart is implying #26 was a reaction test <-- I concur; all the more reason why the post looks really bad
10. Pg 17 #415 --> Smart states it wasn't intended to produce reactions (#26) & that his vote was delayed cuz it used to matter and now does <-- Two problems: a) The way it was worded (the fact you mentioned it at all) was guaranteed to produce reactions b) You voted For Total War despite it no longer mattering. Why? Also, the wording there is just makes it feel this is scum I'm seeing....
11. Pg 17 #417 --> Smart admits he still hasn't decided <-- Then again, why did you vote? Your earlier answer was a non-answer; it's a scum answer evading the point. *Why did you vote for Total War now despite still being undecided, and what difference does it make that we aren't going to Total War other than we aren't going to Total War?*
12. Pg 17 #424 --> Cheet gives a meta description of Cephrir (incredibly self-aware), questions Smart's unexplained reads, and does other stuff. <-- Strong post imo by Cheet.
13. Pg 18 #428 --> Zito says Red Coyote and Nahdia need death by nukes <-- My question is, how do you read a thread in less than 30 minutes without hardcore skimming? This is taking me like an hour plus per 5 pages, yet it takes you 20 or so minutes to read the thread?
14. Pg 18 #430 --> Reck argues Smart is town cuz scum don't make those posts <-- Less wine please. More logical/substandial explanations please rather than shall reads. Thank you.
15. Pg 18 #434 --> Cephrir reads Reck as town <-- The wording here makes me question the sincerity; kinda feels like scum kissing up to a player for towncred.
16. Pg 18 #436 --> Zito apologizes that Accountant is a slow reader <-- Maybe writing this takes up a lot of time, but I don't think reading speed has anything to do with this cuz a good reader TAKES NOTES (aka ANNOTATES) and you cant annotate without reading thoroughly. Not saying you're bad at reading, I'm just saying there's no way you did a THOROUGH read in 20 minutes
17. Pg 18 #443 --> Nahdia expresses some views and states she can be Policy-Nuked after counterintelligence is out of the game <-- I like this post & I feel that agree with quite a few of the assertions in it.
18. Pg 19 #451 --> Spiffeh can't understand the Red scumreads and states Red is in top 3 townreads <-- Care to elaborate? I was townreading that player until what Lamb's point in #167
19. Pg 19 #464 --> Cephrir votes against total war <-- Interesting... What are your reason(s)?
20. Pg 19 #469 --> Smart says MoI's posts were bull**** <-- Yep, flailing scum at this point. Magna's points were on-point in #452.

Spoiler: Reads
Confirmed Town
(From my perspective) (98%-100% Confidence)
Ircher  (100%) - Role PM

Likely Town
(85%-97% Confidence)
Cheetory (88%) - I really liked his early posts especially #23; just strong town vibes from this guy. I continue to see multiple strong posts from this slot like #424.

Leaning Town
(60%-84% Confidence)
Accountant (80%) - Have liked this slot's observations so far, esp. #361. Continued to like the observations & questions throughout pages 16 and 17.
Magna (70%) - Post #225 was a very strong post and seems to be a typical town!Magna post, and Magna continues to make well-reasoned and valid posts like #452. (Not sure if I got scum meta with Magna though...)
GuyInFreezer (65%) - His posts are fine, but need more substances. I'm becoming paranoid of my townread here right now.

Null
(0% - 30% Confidence; No/Very Weak Read)
Hiplop (0%) - Also nothing notable in either direction from this slot.
McMenno (0%) - Nothing to convince me one way or another, not even a little.
Papa Zito (-5%) - Not much from here either; kinda didn't like #39 even though its a troll post.... Didn't like how he seemingly did a thorough read of the thread in 20 minutes; seems unrealistic.
Untrod Tripod (-11%) - Has this slot even done anything constructive yet? Seems to be "Nuking X" then "I'm gonna Nuke Y" with the sole intention of making the thread longer.
Nukebringer (-13%) - Nothing to townread here and a lot of finger-pointing and trolling. Starting not to like this.
Mastina (-24%) - Being utterly useless (KTS useless or worse) and needs rope immediately. Probably not mafia, but I could see this as a Terrorist. Day 1 PL please.

Neutral
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read)
Nahdia (+55%) - Very clear and articulate; post #210 gave me strong town vibes. I also liked post #443.
Cephir (+42%) - On further investigation, especially the meta description, I'm back to leaning towards town on this slot.
SpyreX (+40%) - I haven't really liked his posts, but I think that's more a personal bias. Probably biased because SpyreX is trolling a good bit.
Lamb (-31%) - Could go either way here. Not sure that the thought process from this slot is town; this suicide idea sounds rather stupid as done the decryption idea.
Arthur (-32%) - Decent entrance, but I wasn't a huge fan of his comments on page 17, esp. asking Accountant to be in a townbloc with him. Possibly biased here (?)
Spiffeh (-37%) - Main complaint here is Spiffeh's just pointing random fingers at people and saying their scum without backing up their claim. I guess thats really a null tell, but I'm reserving further judgement until I see otherwise.

Leaning Scum
(60%-75% Confidence)
RedCoyote (-70%) - I was townreading Red until Lamb's comment in #167 which got me suspicious. Red proceeds to post #180 which really struck me as what Lamb said in #167. While some of Red's info has seemed useful, a lot of it really does look like filler and trying to look busy.
xRECKONERx (-72%) - I really didn't like the way he voted No to Total War.... Some of his posts like #321 really look like scum posts, but the slot's posts are starting to look better. Possibly reevaluate this slot (?)

Likely Scum
(76%-100% Confidence)
Something_Smart (-90%) - Post #26 really pinged as the scum thing to do. Yes, it's a self-meta statement, but also the fact that he justs plans to sheep whoever and not try to solve the game is even more indicative of scum. His posts in pages 16-20 continue to be bad and indicative of scum. Needs rope.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1027, SpyreX wrote:I don't think anyone ever tried when there were no nukes calm down dag

And ircher i swear to everything holy I'm gonna need you to get crayons out and explain trolling or a lolbomb is going right in your facemeat
My read didn't really change for you, but you were trolling a good bit at the beginning of the game. It kinda stopped as the game has progressed, but that was the last major reason for reading you.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1021, RedCoyote wrote:Don't put yourself as confirmed town, Ircher. That's so silly and unnecessary. I guess it's a pet peeve. No one expects you to analyze yourself.
It's a copy-paste template from when I was starting the site. Besides, it's merely an issue of style as I'm not sing it to suggest anything significant given m reasoning (role pm); it does help reinforce that secton of my reads: it's from MY perspective not other people's perspective or the bystander's perspective, so in essence, the marking may actually be useful to some extent.

You can ignore that though, I have no issue with that, but I refuse to be assimilated into your style of doing things.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Andrius »

Both people who were due for prods posted.
Next round will be tomorrow.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1019, Ircher wrote:Untrod Tripod (-10%) - Has this slot even done anything constructive yet?
No.
In post 1019, Ircher wrote:Mastina (-25%) - Being utterly useless (KTS useless or worse) and needs rope immediately. Probably not mafia, but I could see this as a Terrorist. Day 1 PL please.
This read is really horrible. Why do you think the SK would be acting like that?
In post 1019, Ircher wrote:Magna (+50%) - Post #225 was a very strong post
In what way.
In post 1019, Ircher wrote:SpyreX (+40%) - I haven't really liked his posts, but I think that's more a personal bias. Probably biased because SpyreX is trolling a good bit.
So he's trolling and you don't like his posts yet he's sitting at "+40%", 1% under someone whose observations you're liking?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Also stop thinking you're a special snowflake and posting in colors because half of them are unreadable and are headache inducing.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 540, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 537, RedCoyote wrote:
Vote: Against Total War
Spoiler: Extremely obnoxious, possibly seizure-inducing Animated GIF
Seriously Reck? SERIOUSLY?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Where is the analysis
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1037, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1019, Ircher wrote:Untrod Tripod (-10%) - Has this slot even done anything constructive yet?
No.
In post 1019, Ircher wrote:Mastina (-25%) - Being utterly useless (KTS useless or worse) and needs rope immediately. Probably not mafia, but I could see this as a Terrorist. Day 1 PL please.
This read is really horrible. Why do you think the SK would be acting like that?
In post 1019, Ircher wrote:Magna (+50%) - Post #225 was a very strong post
In what way.
In post 1019, Ircher wrote:SpyreX (+40%) - I haven't really liked his posts, but I think that's more a personal bias. Probably biased because SpyreX is trolling a good bit.
So he's trolling and you don't like his posts yet he's sitting at "+40%", 1% under someone whose observations you're liking?
1) ?
2) Wine In Front of Me
3) Read the flipping spoilers. The better idea is for you to point out what's wrong with it and then I can either explain why I still think its strong or amend my read. Simply contesting a read of a post is useless.
4) Personal bias against SoyreX's playstyle & the fact that I factor in quantity AS WELL AS quality into my reads.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1038, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also stop thinking you're a special snowflake and posting in colors because half of them are unreadable and are headache inducing.
Simple solution: Don't use Tigers theme. Shouldn't be a problem on Mafblack and it cannot be that bad on maf!Sepia cuz red works there and yellow is probably readable & orange isn't a stupid color.

If you're using Sepia, that's on you; I personally like the color-coding and the colors are not as you say "unreadable". They show up fairly well; the worst one is prob. the yellow.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Ircher »

Be thankful I took the time to try to read the thread and develop reads.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Is probably better to use a 1 colour to 1 colour gradient and maybe organize them from most scummy to most townie.
But that's just me/my preferences.

@RC
, any updated thoughts in terms of like.. people's play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

Stop whining about how other people format their posts unless they make it literally deliberately unreadable

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm still stuck on trolling

Like boy you aint seen a moose much less a troll if you think I'm a troll dag
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1044, Cheetory6 wrote:Is probably better to use a 1 colour to 1 colour gradient and maybe organize them from most scummy to most townie.
But that's just me/my preferences.

@RC
, any updated thoughts in terms of like.. people's play?
It's organized in that manner with the small exception that the Null-Scum and Null-Town are collapsed into a single Null category and the Neutral-Town and Neutral-Scum into a single Neutral category. I coukd do that, but I like the colors. In terms of reading Null/Neutral reads, it's important to pay attention to signs which I make explicit.
In post 1045, Accountant wrote:Stop whining about how other people format their posts unless they make it literally deliberately unreadable
Is this at me or someone else?

Pedit: Can we agree to disagree on that score?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Accountant »

1045 was directed at all the people complaining about ircher's post format

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:31 pm

In post 1045, Accountant wrote:Stop whining about how other people format their posts unless they make it literally deliberately unreadable

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”