Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1365, Spiffeh wrote: SAD what changed in hiplop that makes you town read him now?

He hasn't done anything differently since this post so I'm curious how your read on him took a 180
Partially the fact that now those posts read more "passionate" to me that scummy.

Like they read genuinely half jokingly. That, in addition with the post of "fuck you" to you proposing a townbloc, made me feel good about the slot.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1373, Nahdia wrote:I'm dismissing you because all I was doing with that post is explaining myself and it really doesn't matter to me how you read in to it because I'm just explaining my shitty mood this game for the sake of it. And once I've flipped town it'll be known I wasn't "trying" anything with it.
For someone displaying such an apparently defeatist and fatalist attitude towards this game, you sure seem to care a whole lot that I'm reading you as scum and pushing hard on you right now.

Wonder why.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1375, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:That, in addition with the post of "fuck you" to you proposing a townbloc, made me feel good about the slot.
Oh I can guarantee that the "fuck you" was to the fact that I didn't include him in the town shortlist.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:37 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 1350, Accountant wrote:
In post 1348, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Mastin is town because of a few huge towntells in her posts.
well, spit it out then

don't keep us waiting
accountant why are you asking sad about his mastin townread but not lld about her gi townread
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Nahdia »

this LLD is reading Town atm.
Pushing on someone because they didn't know what an abbreviation meant is stupid but also feels towny to me just cause I don't see anyone with any amount of self-respect pulling something like that as scum.

I looked back at SAD's flip on me which I remember being really bad at the time. I misinterpreted some stuff as it happened but I still don't like how he scumread me and then instantly pivots to saying "oh it was just pressure" and that I'm low hanging fruit and people who scumread me are scum.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1373, Nahdia wrote:I'm dismissing you because all I was doing with that post is explaining myself and it really doesn't matter to me how you read in to it because I'm just explaining my shitty mood this game for the sake of it. And once I've flipped town it'll be known I wasn't "trying" anything with it.
For someone displaying such an apparently defeatist and fatalist attitude towards this game, you sure seem to care a whole lot that I'm reading you as scum and pushing hard on you right now.

Wonder why.
Just trying to rev up my flippancy. That and put off the errand I'm supposed to be doing right now.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1378, McMenno wrote:
In post 1348, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Mastin is town because of a few huge towntells in her posts.
well, spit it out then

don't keep us waiting
accountant why are you asking sad about his mastin townread but not lld about her gi townread
LLD outright said she won't talk about read reasonings
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 am

In post 1374, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Because I'm typing and it takes less time?

Also, your excuse here doesn't hold water. You yourself just pointed out the name was in the first line.

So either you chose to willfully ignore the second line you claim you didn't know (i.e: scummy via cherry picking thiings from posts)

or you deliberately are playing dumb because you got caught with your pants down.

So in either case this whole fucking exchange is just fake as shit and you're fake as shit.
Yes, NO ONE in the history of intelligent people changes abbreviations mid post without stating they are going to do so.

I was a biochemistry major. In every scientific journal I've read they parenthesize the abbreviation they are going to use for a person or thing after they use the full name.

No one fucking jumps from the full name to an abbreviation that is ONE LETTER AWAY FROM ANOTHER PERSON. I didn't "choose to ignore the second line". I read it as you mistyped GIF.

Not to mention it's not like it's an abbreviation that is being used from the full player list for it to be "common knowledge". I've only seen people write greyice or grey.

Get off your fucking high horse.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Nahdia »

I literally put all the scummiest shit on my draft so that I can assess what has & hasn't been taken and then can announce what I got and then die, removing it from the game. So
yeah
, I'm being fatalist.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:40 am

well, spit it out then

don't keep us waiting
Go ahead and ask me about my townreads.

I dare you.

You'll love the answer.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:40 am

In post 1380, Accountant wrote:
well, spit it out then

don't keep us waiting
LLD outright said she won't talk about read reasonings
Isn't that an extremely town thing to do.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:42 am

In post 1381, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1374, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Because I'm typing and it takes less time?

Also, your excuse here doesn't hold water. You yourself just pointed out the name was in the first line.

So either you chose to willfully ignore the second line you claim you didn't know (i.e: scummy via cherry picking thiings from posts)

or you deliberately are playing dumb because you got caught with your pants down.

So in either case this whole fucking exchange is just fake as shit and you're fake as shit.
Yes, NO ONE in the history of intelligent people changes abbreviations mid post without stating they are going to do so.

I was a biochemistry major. In every scientific journal I've read they parenthesize the abbreviation they are going to use for a person or thing after they use the full name.

No one fucking jumps from the full name to an abbreviation that is ONE LETTER AWAY FROM ANOTHER PERSON. I didn't "choose to ignore the second line". I read it as you mistyped GIF.

Not to mention it's not like it's an abbreviation that is being used from the full player list for it to be "common knowledge". I've only seen people write greyice or grey.

Get off your fucking high horse.
DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOURNAL TO YOU?

WHAT IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

THIS APPEAL TO AUTHORITY "I'M SMARTER THAN YOU" BULLSHIT.

You need to fucking die.

Also it's fucking HILARIOUS THAT THE PERSON FUCKING USING SOME WEIRD HIGHER EDUCATION ARGUMENT IS TELLING ME T GET OFF MY FUCKING HIGHHORSE

YOU FUCKING PRICK. YOU ABSOLUTE CLOWN.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:42 am

LOL.

I love it.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1363, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:+ The thing I had a problem with wasn't the townbloc itself, it was the fact you wanted a townbloc that gives everyone in it a safety net from being nuked or otherwise "being punished".

Giving ANYONE no matter how strong of a townread that isn't conftown an early safety net like that is p bad. Especially since it is still pregame AND we still have 2 days to go till nukes. You're basically saying that you don't plan on reevaluating those slots at all in the upcoming 2 days by placing them early on in a townbloc.
In post 947, Spiffeh wrote:Also literally no one is advocating for the town bloc to be compiled and set in stone this instant

It's inevitable that people are going to have town reads going into the nuke phase that they don't want to die

There's no reason we shouldn't group the largely agreed upon town reads together and promise death to anyone that goes after them

This is a game that can easily be PoE'd because of the killing power town has so idk why this is such an issue
I never implied that I wouldn't be open to reevaluating or that a "bloc" wasn't fluid as the game progressed.

I feel like you keep harping on the same points that no longer apply? I don't understand how you're missing the benefit there is in setting aside universally town read players and promising consequences to anyone that nukes them. It forces scum to nuke within a smaller group (which is harder to justify when your options are limited) that would hopefully contain their buddies and allows for easier PoE in the late game.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:43 am

And for the record, you fucking donkey, I'm also in a fucking program that requires me to read scientific journals on a regular if not daily fucking basis so I've had enough of your fucking shit.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:43 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 1383, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
well, spit it out then

don't keep us waiting

I dare you.

You'll love the answer.
is the answer fuck off

I am trying to reinforce my pet scumread on you
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:44 am

Post by Spiffeh »

This setup is way more about identifying town than scum and a town bloc is the best way to play it
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:45 am

In post 1389, McMenno wrote:
In post 1383, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
well, spit it out then

don't keep us waiting

I dare you.

You'll love the answer.
is the answer fuck off

I am trying to reinforce my pet scumread on you
No the answer is "explaining town reads is anti-town".

And I won't explain my more private scumreads.

But if you wanna tlak about why I want to lynch Nahdia or SAD or Mastin, I'm fucking happy to explain those reads.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 am

In post 1390, Spiffeh wrote:This setup is way more about identifying town than scum and a town bloc is the best way to play it
Not until the terrorist is dead.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm going to politely ask both of you to stop so that I don't have to read through five more pages of arguments about something as dumb as abbreviation.

@Nahdia: With this attitude, I'm wondering why you don't replace out. You clearly seem to not be having fun.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 am

In post 1393, Accountant wrote:I'm going to politely ask both of you to stop so that I don't have to read through five more pages of arguments about something as dumb as abbreviation.

@Nahdia: With this attitude, I'm wondering why you don't replace out. You clearly seem to not be having fun.
Kiss my ass.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:47 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 1388, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And for the record, you fucking donkey, I'm also in a fucking program that requires me to read scientific journals on a regular if not daily fucking basis so I've had enough of your fucking shit.
you're*
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:47 am

Sorry was that not polite enough for you?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Accountant »

But if you wanna tlak about why I want to lynch Nahdia or SAD or Mastin, I'm fucking happy to explain those reads.
I have a really hard time buying that SAD as scum sat down at his computer and thought "hey, let me just cherrypick a line from a post literally 1 page back and hope nobody notices", then when called out decides to pretend he misunderstood the abbreviation.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:48 am

In post 1395, McMenno wrote:
In post 1388, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And for the record, you fucking donkey, I'm also in a fucking program that requires me to read scientific journals on a regular if not daily fucking basis so I've had enough of your fucking shit.
you're*
what

YOUR

AS IN POSSESSIVE.

AS IN "THIS SHIT BELONGS TO YOU AND IT IS FUCKING AND I DON'T WANT IT"

YOUR
FUCKING
SHIT

HOLY GOD I'M GONNA HAVE AN ANEURYSM

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Accountant »

McMenno what scumreads do you have that aren't pet scumreads

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”