Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Btw Nahdia I care about your reads

You're one of my blank slates and I'd definitely like some more elaboration when you get the chance so I can get something more conrete
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1399, Accountant wrote:McMenno what scumreads do you have that aren't pet scumreads
Not a rhetorical question

Remember to provide explanation so I can confirm they aren't pet scumreads ;)
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:50 am

Post by McMenno »

tbh I was being provocative on purpose
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1400, Spiffeh wrote:Btw Nahdia I care about your reads

You're one of m
y blank slates
and I'd definitely like some more elaboration when you get the chance so I can get something more conrete
what
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1397, Accountant wrote:

But if you wanna tlak about why I want to lynch Nahdia or SAD or Mastin, I'm fucking happy to explain those reads.
I have a really hard time buying that SAD as scum sat down at his computer and thought "hey, let me just cherrypick a line from a post literally 1 page back and hope nobody notices", then when called out decides to pretend he misunderstood the abbreviation.
@LLD

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I like Cheet and Reck and Nahdia and mastin and Accountant
I kinda like Spiff but not as sure on that one
not gonna touch this LLD-Sir Arthur Danish conflict, yet anyway
Kinda don't like McMenno and MoI
Really don't like Nukebringer and Ircher and Vaxkiller

also if anyone wants I can explain stuff but please don't ask me to explain all of it because I don't have that kind of time nor patience
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:56 am

In post 1404, Accountant wrote:
In post 1397, Accountant wrote:

But if you wanna tlak about why I want to lynch Nahdia or SAD or Mastin, I'm fucking happy to explain those reads.
I have a really hard time buying that SAD as scum sat down at his computer and thought "hey, let me just cherrypick a line from a post literally 1 page back and hope nobody notices", then when called out decides to pretend he misunderstood the abbreviation.
@LLD
You can't see that someone would take a reactive opportunity to misrepresent something and get in a return shot to discredit my read and create noise, and then when he realizes literal post that it was in has a literal statement that contradicts his whole post, he would now need to retract it somehow or admit he was cherrypicking and not reading what I wrote.

i.e: If he didn't read the whole post, he wasn't progressing from a town perspective where he would read things and THEN attempt to sort them.

Rather it would imply he was progressing from a scum perspective which is to take small errors in town play and turn them into reasons to generate scum reads, since they can't be generated naturally.

So because he can't readily admit to that, what would his best excuse be?

Well, something absurd of course, because no one would expect him to lie about something absurd like that. I've DONE IT BEFORE AS SCUM and it WORKS for the reasons you are giving RIGHT NOW.

I don't believe for a second he saw "GI" and thought to himself "huh I don't know what this means, oh well guess that means it doens't matter" when it was obviously contextually referencing one of the 3 reads I had just questioned from him.

So you tell me where I'm wrong then, yeah? cause I'm just not seeing a world where he is town and made that play

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1387, Spiffeh wrote: I never implied that I wouldn't be open to reevaluating or that a "bloc" wasn't fluid as the game progressed.

I feel like you keep harping on the same points that no longer apply? I don't understand how you're missing the benefit there is in setting aside universally town read players and promising consequences to anyone that nukes them. It forces scum to nuke within a smaller group (which is harder to justify when your options are limited) that would hopefully contain their buddies and allows for easier PoE in the late game.
In post 1390, Spiffeh wrote:This setup is way more about identifying town than scum and a town bloc is the best way to play it
Because you're giving a safety net to people this early on.

As I already said I don't have a problem with the townbloc itself, I have a problem with the reason for it. The townbloc you created is for a "no nuke people".

If you can answer the following question I maybe can see where you were coming from, but until then the whole idea reads p bad:

Why would you propose a town bloc for a "no nuke list" TWO days before nukes become available and used?

See until you can explain that logic, the idea looks MUCH more like whiteknighting than actually trying to benefit town.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 am

In post 1407, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1387, Spiffeh wrote: I never implied that I wouldn't be open to reevaluating or that a "bloc" wasn't fluid as the game progressed.

I feel like you keep harping on the same points that no longer apply? I don't understand how you're missing the benefit there is in setting aside universally town read players and promising consequences to anyone that nukes them. It forces scum to nuke within a smaller group (which is harder to justify when your options are limited) that would hopefully contain their buddies and allows for easier PoE in the late game.
In post 1390, Spiffeh wrote:This setup is way more about identifying town than scum and a town bloc is the best way to play it
Because you're giving a safety net to people this early on.

As I already said I don't have a problem with the townbloc itself, I have a problem with the reason for it. The townbloc you created is for a "no nuke people".

If you can answer the following question I maybe can see where you were coming from, but until then the whole idea reads p bad:

Why would you propose a town bloc for a "no nuke list" TWO days before nukes become available and used?

See until you can explain that logic, the idea looks MUCH more like whiteknighting than actually trying to benefit town.
Translation: I'm concerned MoI will end up on that no nuke list and then I can't use my nukes to kill a very strong townie.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:00 am

In post 1406, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I don't believe for a second he saw "GI" and thought to himself "huh I don't know what this means, oh well guess that means it doens't matter" when it was obviously contextually referencing one of the 3 reads I had just questioned from him.
You really

can't be

this

fucking

troll.

I literally told you I read it as you mistyped "GIF" and answered it thinking it was GIF.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:05 am

It's a first I'm being scumread for not understanding an abbreviation that is used for the first time and when it extremely resembles another player in the game.

But I love it.

I guess when you can't find anything scummy things in my posts and I'm calling pinging the correct scummy people they have to start grasping at straws?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:07 am

In post 1410, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:It's a first I'm being scumread for not understanding an abbreviation that is used for the first time and when it extremely resembles another player in the game.

But I love it.

I guess when you can't find anything scummy things in my posts and I'm calling pinging the correct scummy people they have to start grasping at straws?
Reducing my argument and misrepresenting it now too, perfect.

Can't wait to see you become radioactive ash.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:08 am

And honestly you're a real cunt of a person too.

So I just get double pleasure of watching you die.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1407, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Why would you propose a town bloc for a "no nuke list" TWO days before nukes become available and used?
Because I recognized that that was the best way to play the game for reasons I've already explained

And I felt that an easier way to win should be conveyed to everyone?

I mean doing it earlier on gave more people time to come to terms with the CORRECT way to play the game (as evidenced by people giving their revisions and thoughts on my earlier list)

I still don't understand why the time I proposed it is relevant
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:09 am

In post 1408, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Translation: I'm concerned MoI will end up on that no nuke list and then I can't use my nukes to kill a very strong townie.
I mean, I think part of the setup is to reward players who have gut scumreads or for other reasons but they are not being listened to or that particular player has appealed to a large amount of people via appeal to emotion, etc.

So yes, partly why I'm against a townbloc is because it will create an "elitist" bloc that will try to enslave everyone else and literally make this setup anti-fun. And if one of those "mostly agreed upon townies" is scum, then rip.

Obviously I'm for calling people out on their bullshit nukes if they nuke someone that is a strong town read. And if they can't justify it well then they're up for lynch. The majority still has extreme power. BUT the setup does reward the underdogs with a good read that others aren't seeing, etc.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:12 am

In post 1413, Spiffeh wrote: I still don't understand why the time I proposed it is relevant
Listen.

My man.

I've explained this like 4 times now.

It gives a safety net for people TWO days before any nukes start happening.

What is the benefit of that.

If you had done it at the end of DAY 2, then I would have been MUCH MUCH less concerned with it. I would still have been, for reasons I explained above (creating an "elitist class"), BUT it still would have at least made a lot more sense.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:16 am

In post 1412, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And honestly you're a real cunt of a person too.
I really don't think you should be playing mafia if you're going to start attacking the person.

A good mentor and someone I respect greatly on another site once said to always "attack the posts, not the player".

Now I'm thick skinned, so I literally give no shits what you do.

But do you see how I'm approaching the game and you are?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1415, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:It gives a safety net for people TWO days before any nukes start happening.
NO IT DOESN'T

No one should have gotten the impression that any proposals for the town bloc get a free ride for the rest of the game

If I think someone is worthy of a town bloc early on and their play takes a nosedive then they're kicked out and available for nuking again
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Accountant »

SAD why are you intentionally misrepping the town bloc as static and immutable when its not

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Can you at least explain the scum motivation in proposing a town bloc ~2 days early~

Why am I more likely to do that as scum than town?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:22 am

In post 1417, Spiffeh wrote:available for nuking again
See.

This is exactly what I have a problem with.

This "available" and "not available" for nuking ideology. As I literally said above, I think part of the setup is to reward players who have gut scumreads or for other reasons but they are not being listened to.

If a person can explain their reasons for a nuke genuinely, etc. Obviously you can still run them up for a lynch if the majority disagree. But this "You nuke X, you will get lynched" basically kills the whole idea of the setup, which is to reward underdogs with a good reads that others aren't seeing, etc.

Honestly just read my reasoning to LLD in post 1414, I already explained the whole problem I have with it.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:25 am

In post 1419, Spiffeh wrote:Can you at least explain the scum motivation in proposing a town bloc ~2 days early~

Why am I more likely to do that as scum than town?
Dude.

MY MAN.

Seriously, I want you to read and answer the following question HONESTLY before proceeding:

Are you reading all my posts fully?

I will spoiler the answer to your question for you to open it up ONLY when you feel comfortable that I haven't addressed your question in ANY of my previous posts:

Spoiler:
Whiteknighting
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Accountant »

But this "You nuke X, you will get lynched" basically kills the whole idea of the setup, which is to reward underdogs with a good reads that others aren't seeing, etc.
reward idiots with overblown egos who think they've caught scum based on sofme shitty tell*

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Accountant »

You think he's whiteknighting the people in his town bloc? Are you fucking serious?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Accountant »

I want to kill you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”