Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

hmm you might be right
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Post by McMenno »

another productive day on mafia scum dot net
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1676, McMenno wrote:another productive day on mafia scum dot net
isn't this sarcasm a little hypocritical
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:14 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1669, GreyICE wrote:You're voting Vax. You're trying to explain to him why he's scum. He's not getting it. What do you expect, for him to turn around and go "well obviously I'm scum, you've convinced me?" No seriously, what's the point of explaining to Vax why he's scum, as opposed to either questioning him or talking to other townies? This is a very specific type of not productive.
I think it should be pretty clear that this isn't what I was trying to do?
:/
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1505, Cheetory6 wrote:So you still don't understand what the issue is.
When I've literally laid it out and it's literally in the post that you're running around quoting from him?
Like this is the tail end of the interaction.

You're already voting him. You're explaining to him why. Not to us. Scum communications aren't private anymore as I recall. I dunno, things like this just make me nervous ya dig?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:26 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

I'm quite convinced Vaxkiller was told to pull out the newbcard by scummates at this point. Sorry but I looked through his ISO and I don't think he can jump from perfectly capable->this bad.

In fact even these posts demonstrate a huge sudden change in personlity:
Spoiler:
In post 1116, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1050, Ircher wrote:Something_Smart (-89%) - Post #26 really pinged as the scum thing to do. Yes, it's a self-meta statement, but also the fact that he justs plans to sheep whoever and not try to solve the game is even more indicative of scum. His posts in pages 16-20 continue to be bad and indicative of scum. Needs rope. Considering the possibility that this is a weaker player, but Smart seems to be above the "Newbie-feel" and more on par with prob. my own skill in mafia.
He is saying you are just going the sheep all your votes. SO it was a bit of a mis-rep from you.

That said he doesn't list anything about the rest of your activity, which is pretty good in my opinion (just read your iso)

You are both a little suspicious.
In post 1163, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1157, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Hmm why is your first question then asking whose fault it was we didn't go to war if you already know via ISOing the mid?

And one last question I promise:

On a scale of 1-10 how excited were you right after opening your role pm and reading it?
Last 2 questions you mean?

1. I was skimming and I saw most of the posts said "not voting: everyonelse". So I saw posts like but missed

You caught me. Biggest scum tell in the books

2. I was going to accuse of rolefishing, but then this game doesn't start with those traditional roles.

Is this a mafia related 1-10 scale (like 1 being the least excited in opening a role and 10 being most excited opening my role?) or a life scale (1 being falling out of a tree and breaking 5 bones in my foot and 10 being the birth of my little one)?

They would be 6 and 5 respectively.

So to go from this to "Idk why people are voting me at all", "SAD is scum because he's attacking a poor newbie like me :(", and "You lied too because you joked about dayvigging someone before roles were distributed!" doesn't fit in at all.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:27 am

(Like his previous games ISO)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:30 am

In post 1679, GreyICE wrote:Scum communications aren't private anymore as I recall.
Exactly. Which is why I think scum knew there would be at least some type of vax wagon formed and told him to just pull out the newbie card at this point, before pregame ended. Because they don't know who would be getting eavesdropper and what info they might lose.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:33 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I was trying to get him to walk through why he was avoiding talking about it, because I was unsure whether he was ignoring it on purpose or if he just generally didn't understand what was going on. Former is scum, latter could be either.
The cynical side of me feels like he just doesn't know what's going on at all and it's probably one of those times where that's the easy answer.

Have more thoughts on him that I think I need to let sit.

P-Edit: Frankly, you need to pull out and show those meta references you're making to the rest of the class because I'm not seeing the break in the skill gradient in that example.
Vax's joindate may be 2015, but GiF is kind of right that his playstyle [even in those early posts that you're referencing] give off some vibes of someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
Like, read the contents of that first post.
Read them.
Read them and think about them.

Is it possible that Vax is trying to be a mastermind and pretend he's an idiot?
Sure I guess?
I don't think I've ever seen scum employ that strategy though?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

Kaiser soze. Its not unheard of.

Wife? Snap ive missed stuff over the years grats.

Mc'd is one of my favorites its an art
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1667, GreyICE wrote:Nadia gets Counterintelligence, which strikes me as extremely town. Why would Mafia even bid on that? Unless they really think she's such a weak player that she needs the stupid role for town points, there's no reason to do that. I don't think Nadia is that weak, I don't think scum would do that anyway. Comfortable.
Counterintelligence screws with the reports and can secure the scum PT from being leaked once so I think the role is kinda huge for scum?
I do think that she's town though, but not because of that. She does get extra townpoint for straight up outing that she grabbed that one.
In post 1667, GreyICE wrote:SAD's one of the few people I had a town read on during the posturing portion of the game.
I agree with SAD being town.
I can feel the frustration from him trying to convince ppl of his reason on vax scumread, which tends to come from town.
In post 1669, GreyICE wrote:GIF is some pretty damn cheeky scum in a game where most of everyone has nukes. Would be SHOCKED if the scum QT didn't have something like "please don't piss people off or you'll be nuked until you glow". So either he told his scum team to suck his dick, or he's just asshole town.
Thank you for the compliment.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

My join date is about a year off of when I actually started. (I singed up decided I did not have time at the moment and then picked it up later.

The "lie" that SAD caught me in was that my first post asked who voted against total war, although I skimmed through the mods iso's and saw that some players didn't vote for total war. As tripod said, where the fuck is the scum motivation in that? What was my grand plan?
or
Is it more likely that SAD is blowing this WAYYY out of proportion, trying to get people riled up (or sheep votes) so when I flip town he can just say "Oh, well Vaxkiller was playing awful, how was little old me to know? We all voted him, were all guilty, don't look at me!"
In post 1680, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:So to go from this to "Idk why people are voting me at all", "SAD is scum because he's attacking a poor newbie like me ", and "You lied too because you joked about dayvigging someone before roles were distributed!" doesn't fit in at all.
I still don't know why. I thought people would see through your silliness, but they are not, so I need to show them why you are a silly goose, and show your lies as well.
To be fair, I'm only providing your lies as a counter point to mine, I really do not believe you are scum from them. You are scum because of your over-the-top push on me for something so silly.

In post 1639, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 1637, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1607, Papa Zito wrote:Hang on Reck that's definitely a thing I've been thinking about but I need a Vax post.
What do you need, im trying to head to bed...
Explain the game to me.
3 factions town - mafia - and 1 terrorist. Everyone starts the game vanilla but can try for troops or if they do not want troops or can't get them, they can have a nuke silo. Defcon 3-1 scum-terrorists become more powerful. Defcon 1 everyone that has nukes can use nukes. Also at the beginning of 3 every ones troops or nuke were deployed.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Greyice is hilarious.

Never change.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1686, Vaxkiller wrote:a silly goose
I think there's a Cheetory6 alt in the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Something_Smart »

VOTE: UT
let's see where this goes
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1465, mastina wrote:No Espionage. No Battleship. No Eavesdrop. No Aircraft Carrier. No Air Base. No Radar. No Dead Hand (my name for the failsafe). No Submarine. No Covert Ops Team. No Strategic Missile Defense. No Fighter. No Fallout Shelter. No Counterintelligence.
Is this the order in which you asked?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

is there any point to that question at all

i would say "rolefishing before you die" but it's not even useful rolefishing

she also already answered that question
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:44 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: Vaxkiller

While I think it’s hilarious that no-one thinks that SAD isn’t bussing Vax for “Cool guy creds” I don’t object to Vax’s lynch. Vax has done nothing this game that warrants remaining alive and some of his posts are so ridiculously bad ( is the top spot) that him eating rope is a great plan. Plus it puts us ever nearer to Defcon 1 which is where things really get interesting.

I mean let’s be frank – if SAD is the master scum-hunter he’s trying to peddle in thread who carefully dissected Vax’s initial entry and laid down a tricksy trap to catch him as scum then there is no universe where he’s reading the thread as closely as he is and makes the following post as Town –
In post 1616, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I mean I def see the general uselessness in UT's posts.

Mcmenno and UT are the ones who have been skating the most under the surface. The former has some substance in his posts, the latter has none.
Um what? McMenno has substance in his posts? Look at that ISO and tell me McMenno has one tiny spec of substance. It is Lol-worthy that this even came out of anyone’s keyboard period but the Night and Day between surgeon-like dissection of Vax and “Herp-A-Derp McMenno’s got substance” has to trigger alarm bells people.

And let’s not mention . I mean that is the epitome of scum looking for things in ISO review they can sell as scummy as opposed to actually reading the game flow. GiF’s first vote is clearly a sarcastic response to Cheetory saying “you aren’t even voting someone”. And the second vote is clearly a vote for SS. There is not inherent scum motivation there. Yet SAD response of "WTF is this" is bad bad bad scum looking for nits to pick as opposed to actually looking for scum.

And LLD why did you have to be scum also? Because is the exact same cherry-picking bullshit that SAD (you know, your top scum read) just did.

Also – Nahdia’s actually getting and claiming CounterIntelligence is a huge Pro-Town move even if she is the either scum affliation. The second a false investigation result occurs she’s locked into a 1v1 with whoever claimed the Guilty and Nukes make that an accelerated process which does not benefit scum no matter who’s fucking around. My worries about her slot are abatted.

--
In post 1465, mastina wrote:I very specifically put in literally EVERY troop, in an order of most to least.
Given how many troops there were, I shoulda gotten at least ONE of them, especially since I figured...well.
Yaknow.
So mastin – sell me on you not being scum. Because this post either comes from scum or is an approach so stupid I’d think massive amounts of alcohol were involved in making that decision. I don’t recall you ever mentioning booze and I don’t think you are stupid. So that leaves me with scum.

I said WAYYY BACK at that if you didn’t get your top choice you were very likely getting a Nuke. So for you to specifically have listed all the choices from “Best to Worst” means if you don’t luck out on your first choice you have every likelihood of not getting any of the others. Because if the RNG is not kind to you then your second choice being highly sought after means odds are staggeringly suggest that it would already be gone when Andy looked at everyone’s second choices. And turtles on down as the odds get worse in each round.

So if you really, really wanted a troop you managed to go about it in the worst possible way.

On top of this please claim specifically what your first and second choices were.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1691, Cephrir wrote:is there any point to that question at all

i would say "rolefishing before you die" but it's not even useful rolefishing

she also already answered that question
Your so blinded by the thought of scum!Vaxkiller you don't even bother to think of a town!Vaxkiller's motivation.

If they said they asked for something pretty early in their list, but I received that same something, but I asked for it much later in my list, would you say there is a chance that person is lying? (Not definite, and the accuracy of such a claim would depend greatly on how far apart the said item was on each list)

I skimmed through their iso, but I didn't see that they said this was the order. Do you know the answer?

In b4 SAD calls me a liar for skimming mastinas iso and not seeing said information.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In the distance, the world's smallest violin can be heard playing.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:59 am

MoI the scum team isn't fucking half the player list.

You complemented LLD for "seeing what you're seeing" in your previous post about the scumread on me.

Now you're calling her scum.

Show me a tier list of your reads.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:02 am

In post 1693, Vaxkiller wrote:In b4 SAD calls me a liar for skimming mastinas iso and not seeing said information.
Again

Nty

I'm happy with what I caught you with.

Idk why you're actually feeling like I'm this vicious savage ready to jump on whatever you're gonna say.

I actually dfag I'm happy already.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1692, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Vax has done nothing this game that warrants remaining alive and some of his posts are so ridiculously bad (1540 is the top spot) that him eating rope is a great plan.
Nice misrep. I like how you reference the beginning post instead of how it ended:

Spoiler:
In post 1581, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1565, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1548, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1544, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 1540, Vaxkiller wrote:@SAD

Do you have a Dayvig or secret info about the game?
what the laffo
Theres a point.. since hes not posting im sure he gets it.
No I'm just appalled at the role fishing tactic you're trying pull before you go down, to check if I got a role or not.
Fine. Your not going to answer. Here is my point. If my post is a "lie" then we need to lynch you for lying as well. Here are your first and third posts:
In post 302, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Hi.

I got a pm with top secret classified information I was just wondering if it was okay to set up my own private server for further correspondence???
In post 307, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 26, Something_Smart wrote:oh hey I finally rolled town in a large :P
but now I have 23 slots to sort... :shifty:
I'll probably just sheep people who are actually good. (Which is like, everybody. Except me. :roll: )
I'm dayvigging the shit out of you.
BTW SAD You know you could have taken a way better angle to try and frame me, you could have said I was afraid to take a stance on anything and was unsure what to post about so I just posted that fluff and answered your questions in hopes to appear town to you, but you took this weird angle instead.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1693, Vaxkiller wrote:If they said they asked for something pretty early in their list, but I received that same something, but I asked for it much later in my list, would you say there is a chance that person is lying? (Not definite, and the accuracy of such a claim would depend greatly on how far apart the said item was on each list)
this rings town
green shirt thursdays
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 1662, McMenno wrote:
In post 1540, Vaxkiller wrote:@SAD

Do you have a Dayvig or secret info about the game?
In post 1563, Ircher wrote:@Arthur --> Even for less skilled players, coherence and displayed skill can vary greatly depending on amount of effort. Do you have any examples of scum!Vax?
scumbuds spotted

could you stop chainsawing vaxkiller please? yeah.
In post 1616, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I mean I def see the general uselessness in UT's posts.

Mcmenno and UT are the ones who have been skating the most under the surface. The former has some substance in his posts, the latter has none.
In post 1620, Ircher wrote:
In post 732, McMenno wrote:I've let go of an ircher scumread before, won't happen again

also first
In post 744, McMenno wrote:
In post 733, GreyICE wrote:
In post 732, McMenno wrote:I've let go of an ircher scumread before, won't happen again

also first
Oh cool, tell me.

How did he fool you before and what reminds you of that time?
I scumread him

then I did not

then someone sarcastically asked me to recount these events

the end
And these posts were awful.
aren't we all
Town can chainsaw / white-knight too. It's rarer, but I've seen it before.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”