He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1971, Cephrir wrote:welcome to mafia

people have strong opinions

if someone replaced in and came out and said CHEETORY6 IS OBVIOUSLY SCUM WTF GUYS, for example, I'd be mildly surprised, but I would buy that someone could potentially think that
In post 1973, Cephrir wrote:ss is just scum isn't he
discrediting of my UT read noted.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Why did we vote against nukes.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

@vax

a) rhetorical question
b) if it wasn't, i wouldn't be asking you

@ss

...really? that's the best you can come up with? i argued with your logic so you're just gonna call it ~discrediting~ and move on

nice buzzword i guess??
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

can we lynch this or is our collective nuke boner too powerful
Bartleby the Scrivener
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1975, Something_Smart wrote:discrediting of my UT read noted.
lmao
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1978, Cephrir wrote:can we lynch this or is our collective nuke boner too powerful
lynch what? I don't want to assume you are talking about me so you have to make a post about it.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1852, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1497, Vaxkiller wrote:Because newbies are lynch-bait. Veteran players think they know exactly when another vet is scum and think they always have them pegged. So when wagon gets started on a newbie player no one can be blamed for not knowing they were not scum because of this crappy play style.

Hence why I think SAD is scum trying to get me lynched for crappy reasoning.
What do you think about the 9ish others that piled on with no justification?

And what are your reads beyond SAD in general?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1980, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1978, Cephrir wrote:can we lynch this or is our collective nuke boner too powerful
lynch what? I don't want to assume you are talking about me so you have to make a post about it.
SS

not that you don't deserve lynching too, so... :/
Bartleby the Scrivener
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 am

In post 1977, Cephrir wrote:@ss

...really? that's the best you can come up with? i argued with your logic so you're just gonna call it ~discrediting~ and move on

nice buzzword i guess??
I mean

I can't really argue with . If you actually think that his read on me is legit, then I guess you can keep thinking that. But I really feel like it isn't.

And you're being hypocritical, too; you're saying I can't scumread UT for having a read that he can't back up well, while scumreading me for having a read that I can't back up well.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Skimming at work but I saw at least 3 people reference nuking tomorrow and I thought nuking begins Day3 so now I'm confused.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 1984, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Skimming at work but I saw at least 3 people reference nuking tomorrow and I thought nuking begins Day3 so now I'm confused.
Nuking happens at DEFCON 1.
D2 is DEFCON 2, D3 and beyond is DEFCON 1.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

@spiffeh

Likely sheep that just want to get to the fun stuff (Defcon 1).

I like Magna's earlier posts but ever since he put forth he theory of Vax/SAD scum, he has been pretty meh. (I know i know, hes scum reading you so you scum read them)

I didn't like this post by Mastina:
In post 1465, mastina wrote:What the hell.

I very specifically put in literally EVERY troop, in an order of most to least.
Given how many troops there were, I shoulda gotten at least ONE of them, especially since I figured...well.
Yaknow.

You'd be a bunch of nuke-happy gun-toting 'MURICANS.

Apparently not!

No Espionage. No Battleship. No Eavesdrop. No Aircraft Carrier. No Air Base. No Radar. No Dead Hand (my name for the failsafe). No Submarine. No Covert Ops Team. No Strategic Missile Defense. No Fighter. No Fallout Shelter. No Counterintelligence.

Literally EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Of them got picked. By someone in the game.
Because if so much as ONE of them had been left unpicked, I should have gotten something!
She took her good old time responding to requests asking for the specific order (which it already was) and I have no complaints about that now. But the above post still reads like "look guys I really tried to get town things" when in this game it would have been perfectly acceptable for town to just go for the nuke.

Ircher/Cheetory/Gif likely town
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1965, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1908, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why don’t you think SAD and Vax didn’t plan this in the scum PT?
You really think SAD seems like the type of person to trust an unknown player like me to scum read each other and try to get the other lynched? This really seems like the most likely option to you, some weird associative tell?
Can't tell if WIFOM to in fact create suspicion on me after or actually scumhunting...
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:08 am

In post 1986, Vaxkiller wrote:I didn't like this post by Mastina:
In post 1465, mastina wrote:What the hell.

I very specifically put in literally EVERY troop, in an order of most to least.
Given how many troops there were, I shoulda gotten at least ONE of them, especially since I figured...well.
Yaknow.

You'd be a bunch of nuke-happy gun-toting 'MURICANS.

Apparently not!

No Espionage. No Battleship. No Eavesdrop. No Aircraft Carrier. No Air Base. No Radar. No Dead Hand (my name for the failsafe). No Submarine. No Covert Ops Team. No Strategic Missile Defense. No Fighter. No Fallout Shelter. No Counterintelligence.

Literally EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Of them got picked. By someone in the game.
Because if so much as ONE of them had been left unpicked, I should have gotten something!
She took her good old time responding to requests asking for the specific order (which it already was) and I have no complaints about that now. But the above post still reads like "look guys I really tried to get town things" when in this game it would have been perfectly acceptable for town to just go for the nuke.

Ircher/Cheetory/Gif likely town
two things:
1. "good old time" = 18 minutes?
2. "perfectly acceptable for town to just go for the nuke" implies "unacceptable for town to not go for the nuke"?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1983, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1977, Cephrir wrote:@ss

nice buzzword i guess??
I mean

I can't really argue with . If you actually think that his read on me is legit, then I guess you can keep thinking that. But I really feel like it isn't.

And you're being hypocritical, too; you're saying I can't scumread UT for having a read that he can't back up well, while scumreading me for having a read that I can't back up well.
Sooooo you couldn't argue with it, didn't have a problem with it, and decided to throw mud at me for funsies?

That is not what I said. Nor is it what you said, as far as I can tell. You said you don't believe anyone could possibly sincerely have you as their top scumread. I said that I think it's perfectly reasonable for anyone to have anyone else as their top scumread, at least insofar as I wouldn't say I DON'T THINK BELIEVING THIS IS POSSIBLE. So... that doesn't appear to be why you were scumreading UT at all?? Literally making shit up. Ircher has you as a poorly explained top scumread too; do you think they have to be both be scum because having you as a top scumread sincerely is literally impossible? In a moment you're going to have to start calling me scum too because I'm getting there.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:20 am

I don't think having me as a top scumread sincerely is impossible. I think doing so without having read the game, especially over one post that's not even alignment indicative for me, is basically impossible. And it fits perfectly with his vibe of BSing everything else, except that he's trying to pass it off as serious.

You and Ircher, while both being very wrong, have at least read the game, and so I could potentially buy the possibility of either of you being town.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

:igmeou:
Bartleby the Scrivener
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:05 am

Post by McMenno »

vaxkiller: I'm not saying ss is scum but he's pretty scummy
ss: I'm not saying ss is scum but he's pretty scummy

oh okay was a little worried for a sec there
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm honestly shocked the Terrorist isn't trolling us more with their ability to send us messages.

Like, a genuine Elmo Gif on every page.

hahahahahhahahahahahhahah
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1988, Something_Smart wrote:two things:
1. "good old time" = 18 minutes?
2. "perfectly acceptable for town to just go for the nuke" implies "unacceptable for town to not go for the nuke"?
1. Where does 18 min come from?
In post 1690, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1465, mastina wrote:No Espionage. No Battleship. No Eavesdrop. No Aircraft Carrier. No Air Base. No Radar. No Dead Hand (my name for the failsafe). No Submarine. No Covert Ops Team. No Strategic Missile Defense. No Fighter. No Fallout Shelter. No Counterintelligence.
Is this the order in which you asked?
In post 1798, mastina wrote:
In post 1690, Vaxkiller wrote:Is this the order in which you asked?
Explicitly so, yes, exactly as I fucking said. Cop and Doc are top picks for obvious reasons. Eavesdrop is conditional on luck and on successfully interpreting messages in topics. Scum know about it and are going to try and mask their posting style as if in an alt, but I thought I'd still be able to get good info because scum can't control WHAT leaks. Roleblocker is conditional on blocking scum: powerful, but no cop. Airbase is basically a super-bulletproof. I didn't see myself as a realistic nightkill, but there was always the possibility. Tracker is about as useful as a roleblocker under normal circumstances: its strength is conditional, and not quite as useful to me as in a normal game because it cannot see nightkills, thus its lowered priority. The fucking dead hand is a vengekill/bomb hybrid.

Below that point was the zero fucks given point. Submarine is just a silent nuke, so why bother with it when a missile silo does exactly the same thing? Covert Ops Team is a roleblock for missile silos: useless. Strategic Missile Defense is a roleblock for nukes specifically: even more useless. Fighter just tells you if someone has troops or not. I thought useless, though APPARENTLY since all the troops are in play, not so much. Fallout shelter makes me nuke immune. Why would I want that when I was literally asking to be nuked? Counterintelligence is a tailor power: zero town usage.
2. I should have explained this better. Mastinas post to me implies she thought it would be kind of scummy to not go for troops first, so she listed them all. I cannot verify the validity of her requests, but its seems like a "look at me, im town" post.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 1794, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I'm also wondering why Untrod is getting so much crap for having an empty pointless ISO while hiplop is getting none .. it puzzles me ...
This is the problem with fluff posting cases in large games. There's always a lurker/fluff poster, so cue the, "What about X?" questions.

---
In post 1798, mastina wrote:APPARENTLY since all the troops are in play
Obviously.

If you took even a cursory glance at any of the three previous games, you'd know this. I mean, you have 24 players and 13 troops. One is taken off the top for the Terrorist, so let's make it 12 troops. Three other troops were openly 'claimed' to my knowledge (Counterintelligence, Eavesdrop and Submarine).

They ALL have value of varying degrees, even if just to keep the other side from getting it. Since you get a Missle Silo even if you miss a troop, there's no reason not to go for one you think is valuable. You get it, cool. If not, no big deal.

Furthermore, scum/terrorist have incentives to not just settle for a nuke, ideally, since you're putting a target on your back by openly killing someone else. Even if you use your nuke by committee, so to speak, you could be stuck nuking your partner.

Anyway, it just boggles the mind how anyone couldn't come to this conclusion or think to do any sort of research on it at all.
In post 1800, mastina wrote:Oh gee, I gave the town knowledge they didn't have before--all thirteen troops are in play--and claimed my list order, when everyone wants me dead. Golly, that sure is no reason whatsoever to claim, yes it is! There's surely no POSSIBLE reason to claim and give the town that info when you're a top pick for being nuked.
You can't get nuked today and you can't get nuked tomorrow. You're clearly not the leading wagon.

But thanks for giving the scumteam extra information. I'm sure it's appreciated.
In post 1800, mastina wrote:If everyone took this stance, and there was a troop nobody wanted, guess what?
Anyone could've told you this had you asked. Had you thought to even glance at any of the previous games.

---
In post 1857, SpyreX wrote:I think the most disturbing part of this is how there's nothing in there that's even a ripple
Pretty basic but Cheetory has earned a lot of town cred this game.

---
In post 1864, Spiffeh wrote:Earlier Ircher was in your scum pile so this doesn't really jive with me

Also in that post you threw shade on all of mastina, McMenno, Ircher, Vaxkiller,

While I think all of these players have a nonzero percent chance of flipping scum (except maybe mastina) I think you're casting a really broad stroke over all the universal nuke targets which seems like a really easy stance to hold
And? I don't care for Ircher or the people that are voting him.

As to your second point, you really consider McMenno and Ircher to be "universal nuke targets"? I think I'm one of, like, three people that has even batted an eye at McMenno. As for Ircher, I think he's caught more flak, but nothing major. I don't even think Vax is really a nuke target because I think people are more anxious to see him eat rope than wait to nuke him.
In post 1865, Spiffeh wrote:Also RC what do you think of S_S?
Still on the scum side. Would love to see him eat it.
In post 1869, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1716, RedCoyote wrote:Yeah, I deliberately classified it as anti-town rather than scummy for that reason. I also deliberately asked for a nuke rather than a lynch for that reason. There's a fair shot Mastina is town; there's a 100% shot that Mastina is hurting the town.
yuck
If you can explain to me how Mastina is helping the town, I'll concede the point. Nukes are to be used like vig shots as far as I'm concerned.

---
In post 1887, Cephrir wrote:I think people like saying this too much and it's basically impossible to determine, unless you're saying you just think they're both town independent of the argument in which case use different words
They're both town in spite of their aggression toward one another.

It's relevant and easy to understand, so of course you'd be against it.

---
In post 1890, McMenno wrote:wanted to address this in particular, you see he votes me immediately after cephrir does without any commentary then later tries to play it off as an rvs-y vote instead of you know... "yeah I was scumreading you and saw cephrir's vote as an opportunity to start a wagon on you"

and could you please be consistent? your posts sound like they're made by different players

oh and there's a difference between "scummy" (whatever that means) and "scum"
There was commentary, actually (see: , ). Further, I challenged anyone to engage me on the vote (which no player has thus far been willing to do). So calling it "rvs-y" or "opportunistic" is a flatout lie. I also find humor in the fact that me putting you at L-11 is "opportunistic". Talk about disconnected from reality.

Since Cephrir and I are mortal enemies this game, it only speaks to how great of a lynch you are that we can both agree on your scumminess.

I don't understand your last sentence. I use scummy as an adjective to describe people that are voting/saying/promoting/attacking in such a way that leads me to believe they are scum.

---
In post 1913, Accountant wrote:i disagree the post you quoted was mm's best post so far

it has actual content which is a first
It's garbage if you scratch beyond the surface of it.

---

I strongly, strongly dislike SS's . It reads way too much like, "I can't be scum for lurking... no one has asked me to speak". Very weak, defensive and checked out language.

---
I'd be down with lynching, but I genuinely don't think Vax is a bad lynch.

---
In post 1992, McMenno wrote:vaxkiller: I'm not saying ss is scum but he's pretty scummy
ss: I'm not saying ss is scum but he's pretty scummy

oh okay was a little worried for a sec there
This is actually a solid post. Add that to the fact that I think D1 is large enough and that I don't think Vax is getting better here (his Mastina complaints in read as particularly tone deaf given his current situation) mean that I can join the wagon now.

UNVOTE: McMenno; VOTE: Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I was really hoping people would stop sheeping me but now I think I should just fucking claim so you guys can stop wasting time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:23 am

In post 1994, Vaxkiller wrote:1. Where does 18 min come from?
The time between , where she said what she did, and , where she claimed the order, was 18 minutes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

[
Town
]---Cheet---Nahdia-LLD----Accountant-MoI-Spiff-Grey--SAD--PZ--Reck-Ceph--Fate-hiplop-Spy-Mastina[
]-GIF-Nukebringer--Ircher---UT-Errant-McMenno----Vax-SS----------[
Scum
]
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 1996, Vaxkiller wrote:I was really hoping people would stop sheeping me but now I think I should just fucking claim so you guys can stop wasting time.
Claiming soon would be appropriate as Mastina has mentioned voting you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”