Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:20 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 2224, Fate wrote:*reads the last 4 posts*

....lol?
You're welcome.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

GI/LLD. Can you elaborate on this PYP reference?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Spiffeh »

hiplop you blew me away with that catch up
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Fate »

In post 2051, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2002, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 2001, Vaxkiller wrote:espionage, eavesdrop, sub, strat missle defense, missle silo
Why for all these picks.
Especially the first two.
Really? Why these picks?

Espionage - To find scum, I figured I would try to get this for my 1st pick
Eavesdrop - To hear scum I thought given my first pick didnt go though I may have a chance at this.
Submarine - It was a long shot, but why not try for it. Its possible no one else even tried for it.
I could nuke a scum (hopefully) unaware so they could not prevent it.

Strategic Missile Defense - I was debating this one alot, my fear was I would prevent a nuke from hitting its target (thinking the target was town) but only to find out after the game they were scum. I could really see my self doing this. Ultimately I figured later in the game we would have some people cleared, soit would be safe to use then. I didn't think this would be high up on anyone's list so it was worthwhile putting down.
Missle Silo - Really why I wanted to play the game in the first place. To nuke the crap outta someone. I know I did not need to put this on the list to have it selected, but it just felt right.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Fate »

In post 2199, SpyreX wrote:Look i want vax to be a liar so we can lynch and.move to party time

But it wont happen so we'll touch butts for another 50 pages
Wasn't worth the counterclaim

Unvote:
Vote: Untrod Tripod

We both know when a wagon's not gonna make it over the edge
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yessss guilt free swap back to my wagon

VOTE: Untrod Tripod
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

wait i was already voting him

right

and accountant is scum

right

and accountant wants me to say why he's scum but i dont wanna yet
green shirt thursdays
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I don't really think UT is more likely to flip scum over the other options

I assume Vax did something really town in the pages I haven't read to warrant so many people hopping off that wagon?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

idk i never cared about this VI wagon anyway
green shirt thursdays
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Fate »

All he did was claim Espionage which people think is useless for scum to take

I think his reasoning is crap but it could just be more dumb that scum

But the whole SAD case of him knowing that we were NOT GOING TO WAR before reading the thread is a real slam dunk and people playing with WIFOM and role choices is just dumb.

This game is a wash until nukes anyway so UT can be for death.

What other options? S_S? No thanks
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Spiffeh »

And don't get me wrong all of these slots need to die I'd just like to hit actual scum so they don't get a chance to fire off nukes if they have them
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 2202, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:RC idk why you turned 180 just because of his role claim.

You never even addressed the point that he didn't even put eavesdropper first, he put it second. So it kinda nullifies your point about scum not prioritizing eavesdropper, because his main priority was contesting cop. He just went for something that he thought he'd have a shot at second.
I've explained why over a series of posts.

Now, if he put something like Submarine second, I'd take your point. That was going in the first round and putting it second would've been pointless. No one showed particular interest toward Eavesdrop (except for LLD who recanted), so putting it second is still effectively saying that, "I would rather have Eavesdrop than Missle Silo". So you're wanting me to believe that:

1) That Eavesdrop was more valuable to Vax and the scum team than a Missle Silo (between 1 and 3 potential extra kills).
2) That scum didn't want the town to have Eavesdrop (despite the fact that it can and has been used by scum teams in previous games to screw with the town).
3) The scum team decided that Vax of all their teammates would be the best player to try for Eavesdrop.
4) Vax and friends are now orchestrating these drops.

That's a lot of assumptions to make, especially given that I think that:

1) The Missle Silo is objectively more valuable to the scum team than Eavesdrop.
2) The scum likely
would've
wanted a town player to have Eavesdrop. For the chaos factor if nothing else (e.g. "I think X said that!" "No way!" "Guys, it's obviously fake..." "No, Y would be more likely to say it!" etc).
3) I don't think the scum team would've wanted Vax to be the Espionage/Eavesdrop manipulator.
4) These are starting to seem valid, random and mostly useless like I would expect them to when coming from town.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Spiffeh »

S_S is better than UT imo
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 2234, Fate wrote:What other options? S_S? No thanks
I can roll with UT, but why aren't you interested in SS?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also Reck Accountant is v. town
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2236, RedCoyote wrote:3) I don't think the scum team would've wanted Vax to be the Espionage/Eavesdrop manipulator.
dont really think this is a great point

not sure i buy any of them, but i would think he'd be a good choice for this role if anything. then they don't have to care if he dies, and this could give him towncred he needs to not
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

ss needs death very badly
Bartleby the Scrivener
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

So a few people are basically saying "Well he prolly isnt scum, but lets lynch anyway.

WHY?

WHY waste a lynch on someone who you admittedly think is not scum, when there is PLENTY of time to find someone actually scummmy? This anti-town behavior boggles me, in any other game besides this one (where everyone else just wants to use thier nukes) these actions would be considered scummy.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

because nukes are fun and it's not like youre making endgame anyways
Bartleby the Scrivener
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:20 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 2243, Cephrir wrote:because nukes are fun and it's not like youre making endgame anyways
So you would rather town waste a lynch on someone scum is going to kill? So scum can have another kill?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

A) I would rather lynch SS
B) Scum are never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, going to waste a kill on you if you're town
Bartleby the Scrivener
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Ugh is that all you want is just to get to the end game?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 2246, Vaxkiller wrote:Ugh is that all you want is just to get to the end game?
By end game I mean Defcon 1
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA from tonight at 4:30 EST until Monday. Thanksgiving family time and normal weekend duties. I will try to get some content into the thread but it will sporadic and phone-posted most likely.

I just want Nuke-blood to quicken the process of awakening the Nuke God. While I think Vax is still a perfectly acceptable lynch for reasons I elaborate on below if at any point my vote moving to SomethingSmart is the tipping point for making it a bigger wagon than Vax’s I will go there. Still have a scum read on that slot. Spiffeh is spot on in on why SS’s “Oh, ask me stuff” is scum motivated.

Vax is still a good rope / Nuke target because his behavior has rapidly shifted into “I’m helping” Mode after his claim. Suddenly the vast majority of his posts are simply info dumps of his claimed Eavesdrop info. With the occasional OMGUS thrown in. The posts completely lack any attempt to analyze the data he is providing. This is classic “active lurking” play … he’s making posts in thread but actually contributing nothing to actually parsing out who can be scum. Take his initial post claim dump. How long has he been sitting on those posts? Who knows … but it has to have been long enough to have given him some time to try and parse something out of them. Yet he clearly has shown no inclination to work with the “important” information. Which is something you would expect for Town who took the Eavesdrop role to “catch scum”.

Now personally if Vax is not Commie and just terrible I think I want RC to die ASAP. He’s played this whole Vax wagon like he knows it is a not Commie flip. reads as “Oh, I finally have the justification to get on the wagon without getting flack for sheeping”. And the speed at which he pulls the ripcord post claim says “Not getting caught on that lynch nope nope nope”. I mean read and don’t tell me RC is considering for a second that Vax-scum could have lied about where Eavesdrop went in his draft list. He’s not. He’s taking Vax’s statements at face value. Which Commie scum tend to inadvertently do when they know they aren’t dealing with a partner. Same unsurprisingly goes for SAD in .

by SAD is nice because I can be happy that Sprex is not his partner given that it is later shown that clip is more or less directly ripped from GreyICE’s ISO.

If anything those drops with lack of punctuation and capitalization look like hiplop to me who shocker of shocks has been more or less thread absent.

Mastin’s is finally a post that I can see from mastin Town. I don’t agree with the conclusion (it is much more likely in my mind to be a hiplop thing …he’d totally troll like that) on UT but I can see the Town perspective there.

Oh and Ircher is scum of some sorts – is totally fabricated “frustration” since his vote is parked on vanity wagon McMenno and he is doing nothing to actually move the day forward aka voting a big wagon.

--
In post 1941, Something_Smart wrote:I form reads by reading what the person says and taking a lot of small things into account. But I can't take notes because it would disrupt my thoughts and I don't have a god memory, so it's a pain for me to explain reads.
So you form reads by taking many small details into account. And you have a not so godlike memory so it is hard to explain it. But you don’t do the one thing that would make your playstyle effective (taking notes)?

This so can die …
In post 1941, Something_Smart wrote:By the same token, the fewer people left in the game, the more initiative I can take in explaining stuff. In other words my content level will increase as the game goes on.
“Just leave me alone so I can coast I promise I’ll be more effective at faking Town later in the game”

--
In post 1995, RedCoyote wrote:If you took even a cursory glance at any of the three previous games, you'd know this. I mean, you have 24 players and 13 troops. One is taken off the top for the Terrorist, so let's make it 12 troops. Three other troops were openly 'claimed' to my knowledge (Counterintelligence, Eavesdrop and Submarine).
So in a long piece (and condescending) piece about how mastin was bad for not understanding the past and the set-up you posted incorrect information about the set-up (specifically that the Terrorist automatically takes one troop out of play). Do I have that correct?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2246, Vaxkiller wrote:Ugh is that all you want is just to get to the end game?
caught for the wrong reasons?
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”