Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

There was once a legendary mafia player who always had the ability to sniff out scum. He could pop into a game day 1 and immediately call out the entire scum team. His secret? He had the rare medical condition of being allergic to bullshit. Made-up garbage made him break out in hives and blithering nonsense meant as a facade to disguise scummy behavior would cause him to sneeze. All he had to do was look at which players triggered his allergic reaction to call out the scumteam for sure.

That player is no longer with us because he once made the mistake of PLAYING IN A GAME WITH MASTINA AND DIED IN HIS FUCKING CHAIR
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3067, Cheetory6 wrote:That's a mastina mannerism. She's calling GI scum with whoever in that post.
mastina mannerism, yes, calling GreyICE scum with Zito, no. It's GreyICE calling me scum with Zito, so I challenged him: "Help me bus Zito then". Because by his viewpoint, I am scum with Zito. Zito is apparently bussing me. And I am apparently willing to bus Zito. So I'm calling him out to switch to Zito because by his viewpoint...Papa Zito should still be scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3090, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Hey Mastin, can you tell me about my Psychological Profile? I''d love to learn more about your insights on DID, yeah?
Psychological profiles as town don't work well in words, since they're mostly concepts in my mind. Call bullshit all you like, but that's my fucking autism in play and I don't like that any more than you do that I don't really work in words when making the profiles as town. I can give general rankings, more or less. "This player is a good scum player, this player is not a good scum player, this player is an amazing town player, this player is not a good town player, this player isn't stellar as either alignment, this person is a GOD as both town and scum". That I can do. I can give projections. "LLD did this. I do not think this is something she would do as town, from what I know". Or more accurately to this game, "From what I know, the way LLD reacted is more indicative of her scum profile than her town one". But that's explaining the conclusion. Not how I arrived there. That's explaining what the end result of the data is, not the data itself. The data itself is in my brain, and I can't really bring it out.

If you've played with Plotinus before, I believe Plot has something similar and has described the process before.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 3102, mastina wrote:
In post 3015, GreyICE wrote:She's just fucking coasting as scum
I am in fact coasting.
It is indeed strategic coasting, too.

I am deliberately selecting, picking and choosing, what content I provide, what I will and will not respond to. I could be giving this game a lot more serious effort than I am giving it now, and I am DELIBERATELY choosing not to give that effort. This choice is not a choice made from real-life reasons (e.g. not wanting to devote too much time to this game). This is a choice I have made, fully with my alignment in mind and as a direct product of it.

So you're not
exactly
wrong here.

You are however, failing to grasp what precisely my strategy here is. There are multiple reasons, all of them pro-town, why I adapted this approach. The simple fact of the matter here is that right now, I'm in a position where the most likely outcome is one overall favorable to my agenda. I am almost positive the day will not end in a manner I am intensely displeased with. I only have a 50% chance of getting the day ending in a manner that I am intensely pleased with, but even if I cannot get that, then the other 50% is that I will get an end to the day I am at least okay with.

This is a game where there is low GAME risk (though high reputation risk I'll admit), and high reward.

And the only thing you can do is make a simple choice:
Accuse this of being scum bullshit, or accept I believe what I am saying. (Not that that excludes it from being bullshit. :P At a getogether, someone I know gave a quote which I felt IMMENSELY appropriate to my personality: "I took a calculated risk...but I'm really bad at math." :P)

Okay, this was the stupidest thing I've ever read. Mastina is town.

Unvote
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

My wife insists SS is town. Mastina is starting to feel crazy enough to be town.

Or at least something.

Ugh.

I can't shake the feeling she's scum trying to push all the right buttons for me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

are you tring people for being stupid now

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

and y'know if that was a towntell then I'm surprised she's not your strongest townread

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3096, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And you never had any hope of being charismatic, now or in any other mafia game.
My past game record stands to disagree with you.

Regardless of whether I am right or wrong, I can and have gotten people to listen to me.

You know me by my negative reputation. Or if we've got actual game experience, something so obscure that I don't remember it. But anyone who has actually played with me in the last three fucking years knows that yes, I can get people to follow me when I choose to.

I simply often deliberately make the choice not to.

Because, newsflash.

I actually don't like leading!

That's because leaders have responsibility. Leaders have expectations of them. Leaders are supposed to produce results. Leaders hold pressure. Being a leader is stressful. And I don't like dealing with that shit. So I choose not to lead. And it is exactly that: a CHOICE not to lead.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I mean she threatened to nuke LLD. Is there any advantage to coasting through day 1? This is starting to feel like LLD's SEKRETS
Why didn't I lynch LLD for SEKRETS?
I don't know.
Why didn't I just turn and say "oh yes I should have done that."
This feels like the exact point in the game where I look back and say "oh yes I should have done that there"

No fuck it I'm doing it. Everything from her initial beef with Mastin to this calculated defense to... ugh.

OKAY I MAY BE CRAZY
BUT IT JUST MIGHT BE A LUNATIC YOU'RE LOOKING FOR

Vote: LLD
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

MY BOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IS TELLING ME YES
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 3133, GreyICE wrote:I mean she threatened to nuke LLD. Is there any advantage to coasting through day 1? This is starting to feel like LLD's SEKRETS
Why didn't I lynch LLD for SEKRETS?
I don't know.
Why didn't I just turn and say "oh yes I should have done that."
This feels like the exact point in the game where I look back and say "oh yes I should have done that there"

No fuck it I'm doing it. Everything from her initial beef with Mastin to this calculated defense to... ugh.

OKAY I MAY BE CRAZY
BUT IT JUST MIGHT BE A LUNATIC YOU'RE LOOKING FOR

I'm not scared of Mastin or her nukes. Think again.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Like...

What is the end outcome of this read?

I don't live to the end of the game in any scenario, so if your fear is I'm the Terrorist, throw that out.

I've asked to be investigated, so if your fear is I'm scum, unless I'm running the ultimate double bluff, throw that out.

So... where does that leave you?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Tell me, Keith.

What's my angle? What am I shooting for? Read me, baby. Come on, tell me what my endgame is for tormenting Mastin. Tell me what my endgame is for wanting to lynch her.

Tell me MY MOTIVATION.

I'll wait.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3112, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Want to know why an ISOdive on Mastin doesn't work? Because she refuses to respond to anything that may portray her in a negative light.
I mean even if I was playing this game dead seriously that's just common fucking sense.

You DON'T spend time responding to the things portraying you in a negative light. That may not be a scumtell in this day and age, but it's just a fucking stupid idea because it's scummy-ass defending rather than being a proactive scumhunter.

So it's not like this is anything which should be utterly surprising.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 3130, Accountant wrote:are you tring people for being stupid now
Yes. It's one of my strongest towntells. Simple stupidity might be scum, but when something defies all sense, logic, and reason, when a person posts something so unbelievably stupid that it the space-time continuum has a small hiccup as it stops in awe... that's a town tell. Scum have a hard time fabricating the screaming idiocy that a long bath of paranoia, self-doubt and insane questioning can lead to. When someone posts something so demented and lacking in reason and sense that it looks like it was written by a third grader on a six week crack binge, that's town alright.

Now did Mastin rise to the level of sheer stupidity that's needed? No. Because Mastin's explanation is INSANE. Insane can be scum.

Ex: A player claimed mafia midway through day 2 when he was being wagoned. Ostensibly to get reads. So stupid that time and space implode. Town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 3137, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Tell me, Keith.

What's my angle? What am I shooting for? Read me, baby. Come on, tell me what my endgame is for tormenting Mastin. Tell me what my endgame is for wanting to lynch her.

Tell me MY MOTIVATION.

I'll wait.
What's ever been your motivation for aggressively 1v1ing a player day 1 as scum?

Because people leave the pricker bush alone, you only have to prick one person, and of course you're not scared of Mastin's nukes when you can A) shoot down nukes with your own ABM thingy, and B) can always just blow her to kingdom come at night and C) mislynch her and go "oops my b"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:50 pm

In post 3140, GreyICE wrote:

Tell me MY MOTIVATION.

I'll wait.
What's ever been your motivation for aggressively 1v1ing a player day 1 as scum?

Because people leave the pricker bush alone, you only have to prick one person, and of course you're not scared of Mastin's nukes when you can A) shoot down nukes with your own ABM thingy, and B) can always just blow her to kingdom come at night and C) mislynch her and go "oops my b"
I don't have a nuke, I've clearly claimed to have deployed.

And there are multiple people waiting in line to nuke me. Scum only get 1 kill before nukes, not 2. or 3. or 4.

I can't kill enough people to avoid that.

Next?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:51 pm

In post 3140, GreyICE wrote:

Tell me MY MOTIVATION.

I'll wait.

oh and this isn't a 1v1. This is me pushign a wagon. If it was a 1v1 you'd know.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:53 pm

Come on, next attempt at motivation. Go on, I'm waiting. I've got literally all night.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Why not just explain the town motivation to the SEKRETS crap then?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by Andrius »

VoteCount

Untrod Tripod [8] - Nahdia, McMenno, ErrantParabola, Ircher, Something_Smart, Vaxkiller, Fate, Nukebringer
mastina [6] - Lady Lambdadelta, Papa Zito, SpyreX, xRECKONERx, Accountant, RedCoyote
Something_Smart [3] - GuyInFreezer, MagnaofIllusion, Untrod Tripod
Lady Lambdadelta [3] - mastina, GreyICE, Ser Arthur Dayne
Vaxkiller [2] - Cheetory6, Spiffeh
ErrantParabola [1] - hiplop
RedCoyote [1] - Cephrir

Not Voting [0] - n/a

With 24 alive it will take 13 to lynch.

It is now DEFCON 3. Day 1 will last until December 4th, 2016, at 13:00 hours.
COUNTDOWN: (expired on 2016-12-04 17:00:00)
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Like I mean if you have all night then maybe...

Oh ffs this is LITERALLY mystery powers that don't make sense.

This is not stuff I let slide.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3114, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I don't think I'd like the Mastina I don't see any more than the one I do see, but the change could be refreshing.
Try reading mastina games from early 2011. My games were literally filled to the fucking brim with that mastina. I often accidentally let her out in the lategame. We're talking near the endgame, where paranoia, mistrust, and doubt reach their highest, and where uncertainty takes control as by
necessity
you must question assumptions held for the whole game. (In fact it's pretty fucking easy to catch the scumastina during this time because I've never faked that convincingly. Anything Goes was the closest I ever got and even there that was a preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty hollow performance on my part. It's easy for a scumastina to fake "arrogant"-mastina. It's borderline impossible for scumastina to fake raging doubts mastina.) This, especially if the assumptions I have held have REPEATEDLY proven to be wrong. I expect to not hold perfection. I expect to be flawed. I expect to not catch all the scum. But I hold myself to a standard where I expect to catch SOME scum, and if I fall short of that mark, I
really freak out
. It gets bad.

Really bad.

I'd rather people assume me to be an arrogant asshole than be that mastina willingly. Because the arrogant asshole mastina is at least marginally useful. Oh I'm sure plenty disagree, but that's because they
haven't
seen the doubt-mastina. Anyone who HAS seen the doubt-mastina will quickly find themselves in agreement. I'm more useful arrogant than I am not-arrogant.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:57 pm

In post 3144, GreyICE wrote:...

Why not just explain the town motivation to the SEKRETS crap then?
If I am going to die before the end of this game, I want to die in a manner that forces the most resource out of the scum, and forces them into a bad hand.

Imagine if the Terrorist dies at any point after I've been investigated.

Imagine if the scum need to waste a night kill on me.

I get to continually apply pressure while also removing a potential mislynch from the board for scum?

Feels like an A+ play for me.

Oh, and my role works really well with this.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:58 pm

In post 3146, GreyICE wrote:Like I mean if you have all night then maybe...

Oh ffs this is LITERALLY mystery powers that don't make sense.

This is not stuff I let slide.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I literally offered to claim for you and you refused it.

Offer back on table, you want it?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”