Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5326 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 5325, SpyreX wrote:afterall
I hope literally everything flips town and then you lynch me.

I really fucking do.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #5327 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not positive what -I- want to do today, but lynch LLD hadn't broke the top 5 yet
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5328 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

UNVOTE:
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5329 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:23 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Who types lmk instead of let me know? Am I crazy to think someone on the scum team is a phone poster?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5330 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:33 am

Hiplop does.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5331 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Yeah but he cant be scum. (SK)

So does MoI and Cheet
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5332 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 5320, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 5035, Nahdia wrote:I'm trying to be respectful here. I still have plenty of room to reassess especially after the current nukes in the air drop. But please just hear me out. I'm confused by this mindset you seem to have about mafia where everyone who doesn't 100% agree with you needs to die, no matter what. It just doesn't make sense. This game isn't about killing people who don't agree with you, it's about finding scum, something which seems to be second priority to you. From my perspective, your goal seems to be to kill the people you don't like. Normally, I would have trouble seeing any kind of town-motivation in legitimately pushing a multitude of liability kills. Even in the context of this game, I'm seriously struggling with it. If you're town, you have to work with me. If you think I've made an error in analysis or judgement, don't just say I need to die as a liability, explain it to me. Please. I'm not ridiculously stubborn, I will listen to you, and I will work with you.
Well let’s talk. There are several incorrect assumptions in the post. I’m not sure whether that is intentional (scum indication) or just happenstance. So let me address them.

1. My wanting you not to go to endgame is based on you disagreeing with me. That’s far from the truth. The reason I don’t want you in endgame for that post specifically is that is shows to me a complete lack of reflection on the game state from my point of view. You’ve lined up four people who from that post are the only players you think are Commie and Terrorist – Vax, myself, Spyrex and hiplop. From my perspective that is a bad list on its face. Let’s set aside hiplop for a second since you clearly think he’s the terrorist. How do you think teams of Spyrex / me, me / Vax or Vax / Spyrex make sense. There is nothing in your posting that indicates why you think that. And from my own perspective I know I’m Town so you’ve basically called the scum team of Spyrex / Vax. We’ll know whether Vax is Mafia soon enough. Before that can you explain why you think that team pairing makes sense? I don’t see it myself and thus have a hard time believing you honestly thought all four of those players being dead would win the game for Town. And if you didn’t think that when making that list then congratulations you’ve done exactly what you called me out on – asking for kills on other than a scum-read basis.
You're right. I'm not basing my reads on pair reading. My list of people I want dead is purely based on the people who I feel
individually
are most likely to flip scum at this point. And once they're all dead, if the game isn't over, I'll look at whoever flipping Russian from that crowd and absolutely I'll begin analyzing who I think would be likely to be their partner. But for now no, I just don't think it'll be more helpful for me to speculate on pairs when I can just point out individually scummy players.
In post 5320, MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. That I think you are Town. This is more implied but the fact remains you spent the early days saying “I should be utility Nuked” over and over. Yet today when I basically say “Utility Nuke her before endgame” your reaction is “OMG WHAT SCUMZORZ” which is not consistent at all. If you were OK being a Utility Nuke before that should not have changed for you as Town. I find that suspect.
The reason for utility nuking me was based on me potentially corrupting GiF's ability to mechsolve the game. GiF is dead. One of his checks is dead. The other of his checks has a nuke in the air headed towards him. There is no good reason left to utility nuke me unless you want to do so purely because you disagree with my reads, which is never something I've been okay with.
In post 5320, MagnaofIllusion wrote:3. That my pushing for multiple deaths is not Town. Wrong. Just plain wrong. Given my issues with point 1 and my perception of your play I don’t want you, if you are Town, alive to be part of a decision that might lose the game when Town still has a solid chance. The fact that you have LLD as solid Town in your reads list reinforces my perception for the reasons I addressed above. That may sting your ego and that's unfortunate but I've had career here on MS of dying and watching players make poor decisions in endgame. In this set-up Town has significantly more power to shape endgame while not sacrificing lynches on scum candidates. And that power should absolutely be used.
Alright. I can accept there's potential town motivation in it (I still think it's a terrible, arrogant strat) but quite frankly, the scum motivation for pushing such a move is still just as blatantly apparent.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #5333 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 5325, SpyreX wrote:Ooou that implies arial scum nukes. Maybe today wont be awful afterall
I tried changing the font to arial but discovered that this is arial

Just want to update you on my life
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5334 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5259, SpyreX wrote:Thanks for your support

And yea i absolutely have done that ftr
oh sorry i assumed you were decent at playing scum
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #5335 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:31 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I will be V/LA starting at 3pm EDT today until Monday morning as normal. Also activity today may be spotty as I have some unforeseen complications to my regular schedule.

--
In post 5332, Nahdia wrote:The reason for utility nuking me was based on me potentially corrupting GiF's ability to mechsolve the game. GiF is dead. One of his checks is dead. The other of his checks has a nuke in the air headed towards him. There is no good reason left to utility nuke me unless you want to do so purely because you disagree with my reads, which is never something I've been okay with.
How about I think you still stand a chance of being scum? Does that not sit okay with you? Don’t answer that – that’s just to demonstrate you are trying to parse suspicion of you as scummy. I mean the discontinuity with “I think these players could all be scum and if I’m wrong I’ll move on” is painful at this stage. That’s exactly my stance on you and mastin and yet you are OK with yourself ticking off questionable players from the game so you can PoE later but find it distasteful for me. Cognitive Dissonance at work.

And you are incorrect – hiplop does not have a Nuke in the air aimed at him. Just the opposite in fact – he’s got a Nuke in the air aimed at Vaxkiller.
In post 5332, Nahdia wrote:Alright. I can accept there's potential town motivation in it (I still think it's a terrible, arrogant strat) but quite frankly, the scum motivation for pushing such a move is still just as blatantly apparent.
Congratulations on trying to sell something you now admit as being NAI as scummy.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #5336 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 5207, Andrius wrote:
[Day 3, DEFCON 1 - Game Event]

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XR-843, currently commanded by
Cheetory6
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory…
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to
hiplop
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate in (expired on 2016-12-11 00:00:35)
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5337 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5317, Cheetory6 wrote:You know what, you're right.

Replace me out Andrius.
Thanks for playing, I enjoyed your presence.

Hit me up on skype sometime if you want???
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #5338 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 5335, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 5332, Nahdia wrote:The reason for utility nuking me was based on me potentially corrupting GiF's ability to mechsolve the game. GiF is dead. One of his checks is dead. The other of his checks has a nuke in the air headed towards him. There is no good reason left to utility nuke me unless you want to do so purely because you disagree with my reads, which is never something I've been okay with.
How about I think you still stand a chance of being scum? Does that not sit okay with you? Don’t answer that – that’s just to demonstrate you are trying to parse suspicion of you as scummy. I mean the discontinuity with “I think these players could all be scum and if I’m wrong I’ll move on” is painful at this stage. That’s exactly my stance on you and mastin and yet you are OK with yourself ticking off questionable players from the game so you can PoE later but find it distasteful for me. Cognitive Dissonance at work.
That's
fine. If you honestly think I'm scum, fine. But you keep making reasons why I should die
despite my being town
. That's scummy to me; you're basically giving yourself an out regardless of my flip. When I flip town, you can just say "well I already said why they needed to die even if they're town". I'm not making justifications for why my bottom four need to die regardless of their alignment, I'm just saying "these are the people who I'm not townreading. I want them dead because I think there's a good chance we find multiple scum in them".
In post 5335, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 5332, Nahdia wrote:Alright. I can accept there's potential town motivation in it (I still think it's a terrible, arrogant strat) but quite frankly, the scum motivation for pushing such a move is still just as blatantly apparent.
Congratulations on trying to sell something you now admit as being NAI as scummy.
I'm admitting that coming from you, there's both town motivation and scum motivation. That's part of how I hunt. I look at a player's actions and try to break down what the potential town motivation and what the potential scum motivation is. If I don't see any town motivation which I find believable, I register it as scummy.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5339 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5329, Vaxkiller wrote:Who types lmk instead of let me know? Am I crazy to think someone on the scum team is a phone poster?
everyone who uses the internet?

do people actually type in more abbreviation from their phones?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #5340 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Nahdia »

I do.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #5341 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Replace me out Andrius.
Come on mannnnn
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #5342 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:48 am

In post 5336, Nahdia wrote:
In post 5207, Andrius wrote:

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XR-843, currently commanded by
Cheetory6
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory…
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to
hiplop
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate in (expired on 2016-12-11 00:00:35)
:facepalm:

I know Cheet is gone but really - before the other two Nukes landed?

Well at least we'll know if all the people absolutely confident in hiplop as Terrorist are correct.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #5343 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:53 am

Post by SpyreX »

In post 5334, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5259, SpyreX wrote:Thanks for your support

And yea i absolutely have done that ftr
oh sorry i assumed you were decent at playing scum
Break that arm pattin yourself on the back for your excellent play this game.

Then take the fragment and shove it through your eyes
Show

Proud member of BaM
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #5344 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Andrius »

First of all, lets keep this game civil.
We can have a good game while being charitable with each other.

Votecount

Lady Lambdadelta [2] - GreyICE, Lady Lambdadelta
SpyreX [1] - mastina

Not Voting [8] - Everyone else

Nahdia is V/LA until 12/12.

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
It is now Day Four, which will end at 21:00 PST on 12/21/2016.

Projected Impact Times:
mastina (expired on 2016-12-10 01:01:07)
Vaxkiller (expired on 2016-12-10 01:27:42)
hiplop (expired on 2016-12-11 00:00:35)

Lynching a player who is protected by the Battleship
would
end the day. I thought there was a precedent for this, but there wasn't. The Mod Team consulted and agreed the day would end.

In post 5307, Cheetory6 wrote:
@Andrius
, if someone who had been targeted by the ACC used their sub, would they be informed that it failed or would everyone be informed that it failed?
A launch would be posted, but the missile would be immediately shot down. I believe this happened in DEFCON 3.0 so I'll go grab the precedent if I am correct.

Replace me out Andrius.
Ok. Will hit up my replacement list first.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #5345 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Andrius »

A Sub launching while being ACC'd would look something like this:Subject: DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!
AlmasterGM wrote:

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALRERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempt failed.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing delivery mechanism...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) detected.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory...
[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Contact lost.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Reanalyzing…
[NORAD SYSTEM] Unable to detect SLBM.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Notifying personell for manual verification…
[NORAD SYSTEM] Resetting scan range...
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #5346 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:09 am

Great so clearly the Sub hasn't tried to fire yet.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5347 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:23 am

reading through DEFCON 3.0 makes me nostalgic

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #5348 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

Was 3 when i nuked fate? Memories
Show

Proud member of BaM
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #5349 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:28 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 5330, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Hiplop does.
no i dont
third best scummer of all time

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”