ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:50 am

Post by ChronX »

MafiaSSK wrote:Great. So now the votes are tied between me and Xtoxm. And yes I was refering to Xtoxm as they rather than he because I was unsure of his gender.
unvote: xotxm
vote: MafiaSSK

There. Now it is untied. This is to pressure you to stop whining and, if you are going to cast a real vote during the random phase, to explain it.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:19 am

Post by ChronX »

Some interesting info has come out of this early bandwagon:

Hol1den found a quick reason to push the bandwagon momentum back at xtoxm.

YTHill mildly chides xtoxm for answering a question directed at MafiaSSK. Yet when Incognito does something similar, YT seems to feel the heat and unvotes. I also don't understand the need to call out Charter. Awfully fast flip flop from being willing to pressure vote to L-3 to being panic stricken about your vote and others when it gets to L-2. And, some reverse psychology is attempted when he volunteers to be on the hot seat.

Incognito seems to be setting himself up as the town's voice of authority, by answering game setup questions and making lengthy statements about game theory and such. This is often a scum tactic adopted by experienced players in a game with apparent newbs; you establish yourself as the wise man and can direct votes and thought processes later. Fortunately, this will come back to bite him when the inevitable rash of replacements occur and more vets filter into the blend.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:51 am

Post by ChronX »

YT: Yeah, it was bombast. Got a rise out of you. Solid answers though. The only part of your play I still don't really like is unvoting...I think you should have left it on, which is why mine has been left on. Reasons:

-Others should justify their votes. Removing the pressure not only relieves pressure on MafiaSSk, it relieves pressure on everyone else (me included) to stay tthere.

-Others are reacting rather badly to the wagon. Incognito and xtoxm are both exposing either bad or scummy play. I don't especially like that several players are coaching xtoxm to play better. I would prefer to let him flounder on his own and hold him accountable later. It will however, be useful to keep in mind who has been there with the virtual arm around his shoulder.

-Its not like mafiaSSK isn't voteworthy. People are in love with the idea of the jester on this site, which makes it a very easy place for mafia players to hide. I find it mindbogglingly unlikely that in a mini, we have a jester with a game ending win condition. If he wins for himself, who cares? On the other hand, if he is scum lynching him is well done, and if he is just an unhelpful jerk townie, its a better mislynch than others. The only legitimate danger, which i think you mentioned, is that we prematurely force a claim out of him, which could lead to a premature counter claim if it is bogus. There is no need to out a power role over some jerk.

The only other thing that concerns me about you yt is that you claimed noob but seem pretty involved and in depth. This juxtaposition and apparent contradiction furrows my brow with worry.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:55 am

Post by ChronX »

I hardly voted him for a mistake of grammar, Incognito. I voted him because he said xtoxm was suspicious (without specifying what was suspicious) and then bemoaning that he got some votes. I am 100% sure that both of these reasons are quite clear in the post where I vote him (24, last of page 1) because I just read it.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by ChronX »

Incognito wrote:I'm not okay with his transition, but I think the votes were piling up a bit too quickly on one person especially since this whole argument against MafiaSSK began as a mistake in grammar.
Incognito, THIS is what you said.

I don't understand why you are trivializing the blunder M_SSK made and making it seem we are picking on him/her/it for a poor pronoun reference. Wait, maybe I do understand.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:49 am

Post by ChronX »

/OOC

I have an insanely busy start to the work week coming up, with meetings during the work day and kid/holiday activities evenings all week. I will try to stay current on my lunch hour, but I may be VERY LA until friday. Sorry. This will be in my tag too, but with this game just underway and so active, I wanted to do the courtesy of posting.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:29 am

Post by ChronX »

I have a 20 minute bathroom break from the seminar we are in today, and haven't been able to read any of my games closely. However, I saw an @ ChronX, and will briefly respond to it by saying that: Just because MafiaSSK, after what I seem to recall was several futile attempts, finally came up with a credible(ish) explanation for his early game behavior, doesn't dismiss the fact that his behavior, on balance, was scummy. Having not had a chance to read much from the top of page 4 on closely at all, my gut feeling is that mafiaSSK is still possible scum, especially considering there now seems to be spirited defense on his behalf from a few places. I'm not going to unvote the player I find most scummy to this point to satisfy the wishes of someone else who could very well be sticking up for his scumbuddy.

Sorry for not following all the content, I posted that this would be a tough work week for me.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:05 am

Post by ChronX »

I STILL haven't read any of page 5 thoroughly, but since SSK's post is the page topper for page 6, it kind of caught my eye.

Question to the rest of the field: Is my vote on SSK still so out of the realm of realistic? You know, the part where now he has decided to vote for the guy who hasn't posted anything yet?

I will have more abundant time this weekend and plan to do a vote/unvote sequence analysis, as well as reading the tomes posted by a few players and giving any of my comments. I have to say I'm not very comfortable with the game proceeding much more until the absentee is accounted for or replaced. Despite SSK's ludicrous vote, it is fair to say that role, whatever it is, is getting quite the free skate.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:42 am

Post by ChronX »

Checked the thread and see on this page alone that 1 player is being replaced, one asked to be replaced, and 2 won't be playing until sometime next week.

Riiiiiiight. This is why I at least tried to check in during my really busy week?

I'll play when everyone else is doing so too. *grabs the remote*
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:43 am

Post by ChronX »

unvote

request replacement