What's your favorite game?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:24 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Aha memories …

I think my favorites will be a mix of dominant performances and fun games. Also all of these are from before my extended hiatus. Many fun games since my return but they are of too recent vintage for me to fully process.

As a Player –

Any Saint Kerrigan game. Especially the Choose Your Side games SK ran. One of my favorite all-time Mods on site.

Eddard Stark’s (Faraday / Seacore) Clash of King’s Mafia – As with Saint Kerrigan all the Game of Thrones Themed games by Faracore were fantastic and I miss them as Mods. But this one is probably my all-time number 1 favorite game. It was a hard-fought battle with Town and the other scum faction that lead to MacavityLock and I choosing to “Split the Kingdom” between the Lannisters and the Greyjoys.

Danakillsu’s Blackest Night Mafia – I think I’m probably the only player who would ever list this game as a favorite due to “Surprise Cult” Bastardness (and I think Andrius still has nightmares about this game) but the flavor was well done and I think I did a hell of a job in getting the win for the Black Lantern Corp.

Jahudo’s American Gods Mafia – One of my favorites because I got to quickhammer Town not once but twice and had a lovely extended trolling period as known scum.

q21’s Personal Agenda Mafia – Won the game as a Game-Ending Jester. Sadly it took me three days to get lynched. But a fun experience actually looking for the noose.

Really there are tons of others I could add also but I want to keep this (somewhat) readable. There was Town game I can’t find which I think was my overall best performance (it was a Double Day game where players drafted roles and my pre-game planning combined with leading lynches on two scum Day 1 and 1.5). Also several Tiger Eaten games (Vi’s Children of Hurin in particular comes to forefront of my mind) would be here but would be useless to try to read to get a sense of the greatness of the game.

As a Mod –

Dresden Files – Early Days Mafia – Probably my favorite set-up I’ve ever run. Unfortunately much of the Bastardness and neat twists were lost in the curb-stomp that Town performed on both scum factions.

Dr. Who – The Complete Tenth Doctor – Probably the smoothest game I’ve ever run. Also my favorite theme I’ve run as a Mod.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”