Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:08 am

Post by Rick »

Just got back from a weekend break. Will read through and post something more substantive tomorrow.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:41 am

Post by Rick »

After my first read through here is something more substantive, (sorry for coming into the discussion late but here are my thoughts on the night kills):
Yes a very good night with Smaug (SK) burning Bert the Troll. Plus Smaug being killed,
seemingly
hit by a lightening bolt.

So who did the Trolls kill? I would say it was probably the Trolls who snapped Nori’s neck as they do grab people by the necks (just a guess, perhaps it is Gollum). And as for the scimitar yes that does sound like Goblins:
and William [troll] turned round at once and grabbed Bilbo by the neck
goblins of huge size with scimitars of steel.
And Gandalf does kill using a flash like lightning. I would guess (emphasis on guess) that Gandalf probably investigates and immediately kills if he finds baddies.
and when goblins came to grab him[Gandalf], there was a terrible flash like lightning in the cave, a smell like gunpowder, and several of them fell dead.
OK now to hunt scum. Well the best I have to go on is what MMCL picked up:
MMCL wrote:Am I reading to much into this:
IS wrote:Like any night 1, we are better just just picking someone at random and killing them dead.
Saying night 1 instead of day 1 is one thing... as is using the term kill instead of lynch... but both together?
I don’t think you are reading too much into this and on what has been said so far, it probably is the most suspicious. One too many slips here.
So
Vote: Internet Stranger

= = = =

One more thing,
Mod
, please can we have vote counts in-thread, it just makes the voting pattern a lot easier to follow.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:10 am

Post by Rick »

Nope I don't believe the Galion story either:
jediknight wrote:I'm Galion the Butler. If I target Thorin Oakenshield on the same night that he gets targetted by scum then he is basically not at home because he is in the dungeon. Then, apparently I push him down the river like in the book... Never to be targetted again... :cry: So yes...I am a drunken elf that can't tell full casks from empty ones.

Comes in handy if ever Thorin were role claimed late in the game. So there you have it... Do with me what you will.
It is just too unlikely/useless. Thorin isn't the protagonist, Bilbo is.

Unvote :IS Vote: jediknight

That is one away from a lynch.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:30 am

Post by Rick »

jediknight wrote:Now this I can't believe! We haven't even heard from everyone and I'm one away from lynch? Nice...and I thought I was the newbie.
Yeah that is a bit annoying. And I know I am partly to blame.

Perhaps players can hold off votes against jedi until everyone has posted at least once?
So Bilbo is the only one that should have protection?
No it is just that I don't buy your role. Nothing against you, nor do I have any problems with any of the earlier stuff you said*. It is purely your role. I just can't see why Thorin needs a special doc. If anyone was going to have a special doc I would imagine it to be Bilbo and as you infer Bilbo has the ring for protection (or at least I imagine he would), so even Bilbo probably doesn't need a special doc, but I digress the point being I don't believe your role.

Plus if you are telling the truth about your role, you have to pick Thorin (what are the chances of that) and for the protection to be effective the scum have to pick Thorin as well. I just don't buy it.

*In fact I think you could be right about the Necromancer and the lightning:
And don't forget that a Necromancer was mentioned in the book. Which is Sauron BTW, lightning bolts anyone?
However that doesn't change the fact that I think your role claim is dodgy, which either means you are lying or the mod gave you a very bad role! I still think it is the former.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”