Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I agree that the neck-snapper is probably the trolls, and the scimitar is the goblins (and wargs?). I've never played in a game this large before, but with Smaug dead of a lightning bolt, *and* managing to kill a troll, that makes 4 killing groups, with one maybe being "good". What are our percentages going to be like with a game this size? 9 evil, 20 good? Here's a stab at it:

Good: 13 dwarves (townies), Elrond, Gandalf, Bilbo, Bard (if there's Smaug, there's Bard) and maybe some Lakemen, or some elves of Rivendell, maybe Beorn...
Evil: Smaug, three trolls, several (four?) goblins, and Gollum?

Gollum might be a one-shot SK, only if he finds/kills Bilbo. Smaug we know... Bard could be a one-shot Vig on Smaug, only after he finds Bilbo and/or Bilbo reveals himself...either way he's probably just a townie now. Thorin Oakenshield might not be just a townie... Gandalf as a cop/doc? Bilbo, I dunno, if he's got the ring maybe some sort of cop role...

Lacking any better ideas yet, let's
Vote: Korais666
for clearly being eeeeevil.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #144 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Lot of theories being thrown out there, not a lot to go on... unless someone got lucky with a N1 investigation. I don't know about the whole Gollum-as-paranoid cop thing, but it makes a certain amount of sense. He was certainly less of a psychopath (or at least, active psychopath) in Hobbit as he was in LOTR. And we've already had one SK outted...

I've never played with IS before, but just because someone is reputed to have godlike Mafia Hunting skills is no reason they can't be randomly selected as scum. And what better way to cover being scum than to always play in a 'direct', scumlike fashion? However I don't see enough evidence yet to vote for him.

And then there's this from Korais666:
you have to figure that when ANYONE says somebody is "evil" day 1, they usually mean "evilmaybenotreallysurejustguessing"
*bzzzt* Sorry, did you forget completely about cops? We've already had a Night 1, there could be somebody out there (several somebodies, maybe) with what they believe to be
prima facie
evidence of someone's guilt. Paranoid/insane cops, maybe, but strong in their convictions. :?

Since Jediknight is leaving for a week, the merciful thing to do would be to run the bandwagon out and kill him now. His partial role-claim really stinks; a one-shot doc, only if he targets the right player? Only likely if every person gets an ability, and we already saw that Nori got 'townie'...

Howecver I don't want to push it over the edge until lurkers like Uraj45 and indentureddjinn have a chance to 'say' something. My
vote for Korias666
is
confirmed.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #167 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:04 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I still don't see why IS gets a pass. Granted, I've never played with him before, but he's essentially fingered 3 different people (dragonmaker, coolbot, and korais) for no visible reasons, votes for jediknight "just to end the day" when we haven't even heard from everyone, and seems to have some sort of feud with Yaw. He's even got people asking him who they should vote for, but not why (except Yaw). I'd vote for him, but he's bulletproof today, and then there's this...

Korais666 wrote:
Flay: We've only had one night, how could IS possibly be so sure of at least 3 people being guilty, even if he was a cop?
I didn't say he was sure of three people, I said there were ways to be sure someone is guilty. "sortamaybeevilbutmaybenot" is a townie vote, or a scum vote, IMO. My vote stands, but jediknight's looking better all the time.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:12 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I suppose I understand what people are saying about IS, so I'll drop the issue barring some evidence to the contrary. He's too good to lose on a hunch, it seems...besides we agree on one point: I still think Korias666's theories stink and will keep an eye on him, but jediknight is a dead duck at this point. Ural45 and IndenturedDjinn have had plenty of time to read, either they're clueless or stalling.

Since we seem to be only at 11 votes still (I thought I counted 12), I'll
unvote: Korias666
and
Vote: JediKnight
to put him out of our misery. Yaw or somebody else who retracted their vote can decide when they're done waiting.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #195 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:28 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Does dragonmaster know mikehart as well? There are 0 posts from him in the queue. This thing with no in-thread confirms from people who know mikehart is annoying...

Anyway, since we're in twilight, I'll ask: Yaw, what is SATH? "Suspicious As The..." is all I could get out of it. I agree though, Indentureddjinn has had plenty of time to figure *something* out. Even Yggdrasil posted actual content already.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #766 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

mikehart, can I ask a question?

What did you register as the troll (korais666 and myself) votes for Night 2? korais got very upset with me for not voting the logical choice for us (IS) when I *did*...twice, in fact. I have the PM's from 7/25 and 8/3 that I sent you, and I want to know if you never received them for some reason. Did you not execute IS because I died the night I made that choice? If so...that sucks. I thought choices went through even if you died in the night you made it..aren't they considered simultaneous? And if not, then korais666 would have had the only troll vote, and IS still should have died.

For the record, having a mafia group that could not night communicate was interesting but very difficult, and with the *chance* that we could have 50% risk of killing someone, it might have been workable...but as it was, broken. And if our choices weren't even getting in when there were two of us left...VERY broken. :?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”