What's your favorite game?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:32 am

Post by mykonian »

It's probably pretty selfish, and we can talk about the beauty of the VT or Goon all day long, but the best games ended up being those where I got a PR that opened up a different playstyle and allowed you to play to an opponent. For town Mad Libbed Mafia sticks with me, on scums side Harry Potter and the Philosophers Legacy was a blast to play. Winning is enjoyable? Who'd guess...
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 6, mastina wrote:Attack on Titan was one of THE best games ever played, with the closest, hardest-fought battle of all time.
that game where two players abused a newish mod by asking her if they could hydra mid game, for strategic reasons. You were one of those hydra, and you damn well knew what was going on.

I'm not blaming Pitoli, she clearly wasn't going to be a person who stepped up, but experienced people like you and nati should have known better than bringing outside influences (like a new player added to the slot halfway the game) into an otherwise perfectly fine game. You should have known better than test if a mod would let you bend the rules just enough in your favour. This, of all games, is not one you can be proud of.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:11 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 23, mastina wrote:Also, I am firmly in the camp which believes there is nothing wrong with non-strategic need for hydras to come in mid-game. F-16 told me it wasn't strategic, so I believed him when he said it wasn't strategic. Now, you can be of the opinion that he lied and that it was in fact strategic. But I would have no way of knowing that in advance when at the time F-16 was a trusted friend of mine. He made a personal request, and I saw no malice in it.
He was due to get lynched that day. Then suddenly he wants to add another experienced player to his slot to save himself. That's a strategic replacement while on top of it still getting to play the game, and you facilitated that.

You cant wash your hands in innocence there. Sure you could choose to look the other way, but someone of your stature shouldn't.

You personally undermined that game, it's rather ironic you try to portray it as a great one after that.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”